PDA

View Full Version : Ride Alongs

10-11-2007, 04:04 AM
I am very interested in becoming a LEO and was just wondering if this department does ride alongs, and if so what are the steps that I would have to take in order to be able to go on one.

10-11-2007, 11:58 AM
I am very interested in becoming a LEO and was just wondering if this department does ride alongs, and if so what are the steps that I would have to take in order to be able to go on one.

Call DAVIE PD :P

10-11-2007, 01:00 PM
NO!!!!!!!

10-11-2007, 01:26 PM
You'll find that a lot of deputies don't like to take people on ridealongs, because it can be a PITA, even though most of them did it before they got hired. There are deputies in most districts who don't mind doing it. Although they won't admit it, some are actually proud of the work we do and enjoying giving people the grand tour. Call BSO Training at 954-831-8150.

10-11-2007, 01:52 PM
You'll find that a lot of deputies don't like to take people on ridealongs, because it can be a PITA, even though most of them did it before they got hired. There are deputies in most districts who don't mind doing it. Although they won't admit it, some are actually proud of the work we do and enjoying giving people the grand tour. Call BSO Training at 954-831-8150.

Thanks, I appreciate the response.

10-11-2007, 02:48 PM
Most people who do ride alongs are ACLU plants.

10-11-2007, 02:56 PM

Don't worry about these whiners. Most of us are pretty human and like our jobs. Don't call training they don't set these things up. Call the District Office near where you live, speak to the Executive Officer and he/she will tell you what to do. You can also call 954-831-8901 and find info about the Citizen's Academy ask for Cheryl Vara.

10-11-2007, 04:02 PM

Don't worry about these whiners. Most of us are pretty human and like our jobs.

Yeah, only the PBA reps.

10-11-2007, 10:09 PM
If you want a ride along get arrested...it's free! Hey we'll even throw in a free tour of the county jail, pretty cool!

10-12-2007, 03:39 PM
If you want a ride along get arrested...it's free! Hey we'll even throw in a free tour of the county jail, pretty cool!

The sad part is you wouldn't be the one giving the tour of the jail since you'd be too pusssyshit because you'd have to leave your gun, tazer baton etc. in the sallyport.

10-12-2007, 09:43 PM
The sad part is you wouldn't be the one giving the tour of the jail since you'd be too pusssyshit because you'd have to leave your gun, tazer baton etc. in the sallyport.[/quote]

Ooohhhh! wow, you must have been the choice from that previous blog, "who's the baddest dep." What a bad ass! Go start a dentention page wannabe.