PDA

View Full Version : ATTENTION "GUEST" USERS

mod 167
10-09-2007, 04:03 PM
The recent announcement by Sheriff Hunter to not seek reelection will certainly generate passionate discussions during the upcoming election year. With this in mind, this board will most likely play a very active part in discussing the candidates and their political positions.

Due to the amount of emotions that are normally associated during important events I would like to caution anyone who posts under the screen name of “Guest” to be responsible for your comments.

A review of other boards during such times of emotionally filled debates tend to make the “Guest” feature a misused and abused feature that only degrades the forum and the opportunity to positively discuss the issues.

It is for this reason that I am letting each of you know that any post under the screen name of “Guest”, allowing total anonymity, will be scrutinized to the fullest extent that our “Terms of Use” policy will allow.

Mainly, “This is not a SLAM site and the forums should be used constructively. Messages not requiring anonymous status, but being abused, are subject to deletion by System Moderators. Anonymous messages are not granted the same right to exist that properly identified messages are. Failure to comply WILL result in message deletion and/or access blockage.”

I encourage use of this board and appreciate the amount of registered users we have. However, it is my job to remain neutral and ensure that the tone of this board remains professional and constructive.

The “Guest” feature is convenient and serves a purpose. Please do not abuse it.

MOD 167

MOD 1
10-09-2007, 04:33 PM
The recent announcement by Sheriff Hunter to not seek reelection will certainly generate passionate discussions during the upcoming election year. With this in mind, this board will most likely play a very active part in discussing the candidates and their political positions.

Due to the amount of emotions that are normally associated during important events I would like to caution anyone who posts under the screen name of “Guest” to be responsible for your comments.

A review of other boards during such times of emotionally filled debates tend to make the “Guest” feature a misused and abused feature that only degrades the forum and the opportunity to positively discuss the issues.

It is for this reason that I am letting each of you know that any post under the screen name of “Guest”, allowing total anonymity, will be scrutinized to the fullest extent that our “Terms of Use” policy will allow.

Mainly, “This is not a SLAM site and the forums should be used constructively. Messages not requiring anonymous status, but being abused, are subject to deletion by System Moderators. Anonymous messages are not granted the same right to exist that properly identified messages are. Failure to comply WILL result in message deletion and/or access blockage.”

I encourage use of this board and appreciate the amount of registered users we have. However, it is my job to remain neutral and ensure that the tone of this board remains professional and constructive.

The “Guest” feature is convenient and serves a purpose. Please do not abuse it.

MOD 176

Another thing that I would like to point out. If you register with a user name, you can still be anonymous. But, by registering with a user name, you can prevent others from posting with the same name that you have been posting with.

Mod 1

mod 167
05-20-2008, 03:26 PM
Recently we have had a person using the Guest feature posting one word insults or a single sentence of a derogatory nature. There is nothing positive about this type of post and they serve no other purpose than to insult someone or belittle this site.

At first I was allowing these posts to remain, thinking it would just be a random situation based on the topic of discussion. But now it is occurring each day and on every thread.

With that in mind these types of posts will be removed.

Mod 167