PDA

View Full Version : hiring

10-08-2007, 03:21 AM
If you were looking for a police job at an agency north of Atlanta - which one(s) would you recommend and why?

10-16-2007, 07:17 PM
Stay put, we don't need your kind in these parts. We have read your forums and think you all are a bunch of cry babies in Florida. We are still a brotherhood in these parts and don't need your kind of thinking here.

10-26-2007, 03:25 AM
Stay put, we don't need your kind in these parts. We have read your forums and think you all are a bunch of cry babies in Florida. We are still a brotherhood in these parts and don't need your kind of thinking here.

As a South Florida Cop I have to say "Hell Yea". All I work with is a bunch of whiny babies who need to have the butts wiped for them.

10-29-2007, 01:04 PM
I have also been a cop in southwest Florida now for 12 years. I am from Georgia and want to move back. For some reason the cops here have no loyalty and I agree with the previous post that they are a bunch of babies.

11-01-2007, 08:49 PM
So what are some good GA agencies to look at? Any of them paying in the 40's with prior law enforcement experience? Thanks.

11-10-2007, 03:33 AM
I have also been a cop in southwest Florida now for 12 years. I am from Georgia and want to move back. For some reason the cops here have no loyalty and I agree with the previous post that they are a bunch of babies.

TRY WATCHING THE NEWS THE SAME BACK STABBING CRAP GOES ON IN ATLANTA.. LIKE OUR SPEEDING MAJOR GETTING STOPPED BY ONE OF OUR HEAT CARS ON I-75 AND THE TAPE MAKES NATIONAL NEWS.. OR THE DEKALB SGT ARRESTED BY HIS OWN DEPT AT PERMITER MALL ON DUI CHARGES AND THE VIDEO MAKING IT ALL OVER THE NEWS.. OR HOWABOUT THE OTHER DEKALB SGT GETTING ARRESTED FOR DUI BY DORAVILLE PD AND THEY HAVE A HUGE STORY ABOUT IT BECAUSE ASKED THE ARRESTING OFFICER FOR SOME COURTESY BECAUSE HE IS A COP.. LETS NOT FOR GET ABOUT THE NEW CLAYTON COUNTY SHERIFF THAT FIRED ALL THE WHITE DEPUTIES BECASUE HE IS A RACIST. OR THE FORMER DEKALB PD CHIEF WHO WAS RECENTLY FIRED BECAUSE HE IS A RACIST...

YOU DONT EVEN WANT ME TO GET STARTED ON APD WITH CHIEF PENNIGTON. I SEEN MORE COPS GET STABBED IN THE BACK BY OTHER COPS IN ATL THEN ANYWHERE ELSE. ATL MORAL IS SO BAD THAT THEY HAVE TO FLY HALF WAY ACROSS THE COUNTRY TO TRY TO RECRUIT PEOPLE FROM OTHER STATES BECAUSE NOBODY IN GA STAYES WITH THEM. BUT NO YOUR RIGHT THERES NO WHINNING AND BACK STABBING HERE!!! WHERE A HUGE BROTHER HOOD JUST DONT CHANNEL 2 ACTION NEWS!!!!!!!!! :oops: :oops:

11-10-2007, 06:26 AM

TRY WATCHING THE NEWS THE SAME BACK STABBING CRAP GOES ON IN ATLANTA.. LIKE OUR SPEEDING MAJOR GETTING STOPPED BY ONE OF OUR HEAT CARS ON I-75 AND THE TAPE MAKES NATIONAL NEWS.. OR THE DEKALB SGT ARRESTED BY HIS OWN DEPT AT PERMITER MALL ON DUI CHARGES AND THE VIDEO MAKING IT ALL OVER THE NEWS.. OR HOWABOUT THE OTHER DEKALB SGT GETTING ARRESTED FOR DUI BY DORAVILLE PD AND THEY HAVE A HUGE STORY ABOUT IT BECAUSE ASKED THE ARRESTING OFFICER FOR SOME COURTESY BECAUSE HE IS A COP.. LETS NOT FOR GET ABOUT THE NEW CLAYTON COUNTY SHERIFF THAT FIRED ALL THE WHITE DEPUTIES BECASUE HE IS A RACIST. OR THE FORMER DEKALB PD CHIEF WHO WAS RECENTLY FIRED BECAUSE HE IS A RACIST...

YOU DONT EVEN WANT ME TO GET STARTED ON APD WITH CHIEF PENNIGTON. I SEEN MORE COPS GET STABBED IN THE BACK BY OTHER COPS IN ATL THEN ANYWHERE ELSE. ATL MORAL IS SO BAD THAT THEY HAVE TO FLY HALF WAY ACROSS THE COUNTRY TO TRY TO RECRUIT PEOPLE FROM OTHER STATES BECAUSE NOBODY IN GA STAYES WITH THEM. BUT NO YOUR RIGHT THERES NO WHINNING AND BACK STABBING HERE!!! WHERE A HUGE BROTHER HOOD JUST DONT CHANNEL 2 ACTION NEWS!!!!!!!!! :oops: :oops:

Hold on. That is slanderous. The Clayton County Sheriff did not fire all the white Deputies. In fact, tell the truth. Many of the Deputies he fired were black females.

I know your type. You think all the blacks inATlanta are racists right?

11-19-2007, 05:30 PM
If you are looking for an agency north of Atlanta that would start you out in the mid 40's, I would suggest Sandy Springs. I think their website is www.sandyspringsga.org (http://www.sandyspringsga.org) The city of Milton may still be hiring as well. I don't know many pro's or cons about these departments.

12-04-2007, 08:07 PM
How about Forsyth and Hall County SO?

12-04-2007, 10:46 PM
Both Forsyth and Hall County are good agencies. Both growing like crazy..If you are from a fast pace city down south, you will need to get used to the slower pace. Hall County Sheriff is well liked and they have a lot of equipment. Also hiring many LEO's this up coming year. The guys I have met at Hall County are real nice and very much family. Look at retirement benefits.. I here Forsyth doesnt have one, but not positive, check for yourself. Police work in Ga is different and dont dare mention a Union or you will be gone !. If you are here for the long haul, put both agencies side by side and compare all benefit packages. Cherokee County Sheriff is also well liked and he is very progressive in his training ! It seems like P/O's are much more respected in Georgia than Florida.. and they come across as professionals. Good luck, hope to hook up some day !

12-28-2007, 07:59 PM
Rumor has it that Johns Creek will be hiring in the near future starting at 42,000 and if you decide to live in the city of Johns Creek they are suppose to be giving $400-600 incentives a month towards rent/mortgage. unknown about retirement. Hope that helps!

12-29-2007, 12:20 PM
Yes, Thanks.. heard the new Chief is a good guy also!

12-30-2007, 05:44 AM
If you are looking for agencies north of Atlanta, I would reccomend (in no particular order) Alpharetta, Sandy Springs, Roswell, Forsyth SO. If you are looking in Cobb County I'd reccomend Marietta PD or Cobb County PD.

I will warn you that the pensions here are significantly less than in Florida. You can expect most departments to have a 2% multiplier, and there is generally a rule of 80 before you can retire (age + years of service = 80)

Depending upon where you are coming from in Florida, you will have a significant lower call volume. On a side note, the arrest process here is much different than in Florida, especially if you have to suffer through the Fulton County DA Complaint Room process. Not to mention the antiquated philosophy of obtaining Arrest Warrants for everything.

That aside, the quality of life is much better. I gave up a lot to come here but I don't regret it at all.

01-16-2008, 04:32 PM

Hold on. That is slanderous. The Clayton County Sheriff did not fire all the white Deputies. In fact, tell the truth. Many of the Deputies he fired were black females.

I know your type. You think all the blacks inATlanta are racists right?

UMMMMMM HELLOOOOOOOOOO I AM A BLACK OFFICER YOU SMUCK. I JUST CALL IT AS I SEE IT. I WORK MIDNIGHTS ZONE 3 NOT ALOT OF WHITE FOLK IN THAT ZONE ON THAT SHIFT THEIR SLICK.....

02-05-2008, 11:40 PM

News channel 2 strikes again... Interesting news day showing how Ga state patrol arrests a Gwinett Cpl for DUI in Gwinett County. And how about the Dekalb Ofc. arrested for DUI while sleeping in his car at the local walmart... Whats worse is he is arrested by his own... Dekalb PD... Now lets top it off the Chief of Dekalb PD gets into a shouting match in a public forum with the Sheriff of Dekalb County about who should get credit for making the arrests of the cop killers....... But your right the brotherhood is soooooooooooo strong in atlanta..... your an idiot..... Their is no area worse for the brotherhood than atlanta......Georgia in general.

04-17-2008, 01:47 PM
Are u joking. forty what, forty cents?

So what are some good GA agencies to look at? Any of them paying in the 40's with prior law enforcement experience? Thanks.

04-17-2008, 11:39 PM
How far north do you want to live..Try Hall County.. Alpharetta PD, Sandy Springs Pd..and a new one.. Johns Creek PD its a start. Check out the websites..Pay is way behind here, but cost of living from areas in Fl are much cheaper including insurance, taxes, etc. Need any more info.. let me know I will check back later ! Good Luck.. Also POST Certification for Fl LEO's is usually 200 hrs high liability ! They dont have a separate academy like FDLE for out of towners.. so you are placed in a regular academy with recruits during there time of required courses... strange but true.. some agencies have there own academy..

04-17-2008, 11:40 PM
By the way , are you the one that just left Plantation PD ?

04-18-2008, 08:39 PM
Kow anything about Athens-Clarke PD. Applying there now, just looking for some info to see if it is a good department to work at.

04-21-2008, 12:16 PM
No, sorry havent heard anything about that area. Maybe havent heard nothing is a good thing ! The good thing is that the POST academy is close by. DeKalb and Clayton seem to have its share of problems, with Fulton right behind them. What area of FL are you from ? Dont dare mention the union here or they wont even hire you ! Good luck, keep me posted.

04-21-2008, 03:31 PM
South of Tampa. I have heard to not mention unions. We have a Union here and besides the facts of the Union negotiating raises, and making sure departments follow disciplinary procedures they really aren't that much help. Chiefs and Sheriffs here can still do what they want as far as discipline goes and if you don't like it you can fight which might takes you several years.
There is really no blue line here and I am tired of how officers do each other here.

04-21-2008, 06:13 PM
I agree..they are good for taking your monthly dues.. good luck. If you need anything up this way, let me know. I will check back soon.

08-11-2008, 07:29 AM
does anyone know anything about Dooley County GA? I have seen them on cops a few times and they look like they dont play. I cannot find anything about them on the net though. Thanks and be safe out there.

09-24-2009, 02:29 AM
I am a Georgia cop turned Florida cop and now back to a Georgia cop..I love it on the North end!

11-25-2009, 05:14 AM
There are very few places in GA that pay well. Alpharetta pays its master officers 72k a year (must have been there 7 years), Johns Creek, Milton, and Sandy Springs all pay excellent and there is a true brotherhood there.
Stay away from Atlanta, Dekalb, or any agencies in Dekalb. Lots of political crap, back stabbing, reverse racism etc.
Hall County, Forsyth, Cherokee Sheriff's Offices are all great places to work, but the pay isnt better than anywhere else.
There are a few decent places in Gwinnett but the county is having financial problems.
Dooly County is a very rural area, deputies start at 11 dollars an hour, this is the case with most counties in GA as most of GA is VERY rural.

The wealthy areas of north Atlanta are the way to go, Alpharetta, Johns Creek, Sandy Springs, etc. Good luck though, they are hard to get on with.

12-25-2009, 11:55 PM
Yall need to come off that BS about convicted felons or yall never gonna get enough brothers to fight the racism yall got.