PDA

View Full Version : New Bureau Chief

10-05-2007, 04:35 PM
Congratulations Chief Hill on your new position! Thank you for being proactive to the extent you could in a difficult situation (FUBAR 2 b sure). Know that you did have support in the field, though that may have been somewhat diluted by the time it got to you via the captains.

Now, who's next? Maybe the job could be advertised so that people can compete - oh but wait, existing bureau chiefs have to be asked to lateral first, right? I know this is DEP, but must we recycle everything?

Rusted Frame
10-05-2007, 09:18 PM
Well, let's hear some suggestions !

10-05-2007, 11:33 PM
Well, let's hear some suggestions !

Whittney Kissack/AKA LITTLE BIT

10-06-2007, 02:06 AM
Making it open competitive and let qualified people apply....unfortunately, you must be able to ensure that you don't have some idiot involved that will compromise the process. TEYIC

There are still a few up there.

10-06-2007, 05:00 AM
Since it seems you have to be in IA to get a promotion, what about McClenehan?

Rusted Frame
10-06-2007, 04:17 PM
Ok. I your opinion, who with the agency has the leadership ability, experience, intelligence, etc. to be a great chief ? How about some rational suggestions.

Rusted Frame
10-06-2007, 04:23 PM
Ok. IN your opinion, who with the agency has the leadership ability, experience, intelligence, etc. to be a great chief ? How about some rational suggestions.

10-06-2007, 08:18 PM
What about Major ****ey from IA?

10-07-2007, 12:16 PM
Let's hope that the Director will promote Acting Chief Griffin and then his position should be promoted within as well. This should have a domino effect to then open another position within the agency which would allow for upward mobility. Let's face it, that is what we need within ourselves to continue the great upward swing that the Director and Assistant Direct has done for us and turning moral around. We have talented, educated, and experienced personnel that can fill the void.

Oh, Good luck to Cynthia Hill, what a great opportunity!

10-07-2007, 03:12 PM
Let's hope that the Director will promote Acting Chief Griffin and then his position should be promoted within as well. This should have a domino effect to then open another position within the agency which would allow for upward mobility. Let's face it, that is what we need within ourselves to continue the great upward swing that the Director and Assistant Direct has done for us and turning moral around. We have talented, educated, and experienced personnel that can fill the void.

Oh, Good luck to Cynthia Hill, what a great opportunity!

"Within" as in within the DEP DLE. What a great idea. I think AC Griffin would be great. Percy, watch your back around those other BC's that came from your old shop...they're out for themselves and no one else...

10-07-2007, 11:19 PM
Is it true FBW is interested? Not sure if you can glide under the radar over here. But you can badmouth others to divert attention from yourself... we hear you're good at that. 2 words: alicia whatshername?

10-08-2007, 05:20 PM
How bout Bruce Rutherford for Bureau Chief?

10-13-2007, 03:24 AM
Somebody should ask Tom Wheeler who it will be

10-13-2007, 09:33 PM
I hope they go outside the agency and bring someone in from a larger agency. Someone with some significant "boots on the ground" experience. Someone that has not fallen into the hum drum status quo of state law enforcement. Someone with a fire under their *ss that will light one underneath some of the Capt. and Lt's in our agency. Someone that will give us more hope for change and that makes us feel like we are actually a valued part of this agency.

Chief Hill, you will be missed.

10-14-2007, 11:07 AM
Somebody should ask Tom Wheeler who it will be

Can we PLEASE stop with the Tallahassee "speak"!

We all don't work in Tally and most of us really don't care what happens to whom, as long as we get our paychecks every month.

Even if this isn't a Tally "speak", can we work together to get things accomplished...I forgot, the SW district isn't allowed to know what is going on in the rest of the agency.

10-17-2007, 12:39 AM
trickrtreat you are exactly right...Percy watch the gold old boys from the days of old...they will walk over you to take what they want.

10-17-2007, 01:35 PM
I hope they go outside the agency and bring someone in from a larger agency. Someone with some significant "boots on the ground" experience. Someone that has not fallen into the hum drum status quo of state law enforcement. Someone with a fire under their *ss that will light one underneath some of the Capt. and Lt's in our agency. Someone that will give us more hope for change and that makes us feel like we are actually a valued part of this agency.

So that's why Britt was hired as a Reserve Officer! I thought the general orders did not allow someone to be hired for political gain. Just goes to show you that the GHQ Chain-of-Command can violate any general order the want to, with no IA investigation. :oops:

10-17-2007, 11:28 PM
[quote="hopeful officer":8y5qs9iz]I hope they go outside the agency and bring someone in from a larger agency. Someone with some significant "boots on the ground" experience. Someone that has not fallen into the hum drum status quo of state law enforcement. Someone with a fire under their *ss that will light one underneath some of the Capt. and Lt's in our agency. Someone that will give us more hope for change and that makes us feel like we are actually a valued part of this agency.

So that's why Britt was hired as a Reserve Officer! I thought the general orders did not allow someone to be hired for political gain. Just goes to show you that the GHQ Chain-of-Command can violate any general order the want to, with no IA investigation. :oops:[/quote:8y5qs9iz]

yaddafreakinyadda. who cares,