PDA

View Full Version : How bad are David Craig's innaccuracies?

10-05-2007, 12:47 AM
You know it's bad if Patrece Cashwell was pointing out David Craig's innaccuracies/dishonesty. This was a letter to the editor in the Independent News Weekly back when CLEO was getting rid of David Craig. From the pen of Patrece Cashwell:

CLEO CORRECTION On Thursday, Jan. 19, a viewpoint "Need for Police Oversight" was published in the Independent News. The article was written by David Craig in his capacity as president of the Community Law Enforcement Oversight group. The article had never been mentioned or approved by the CLEO board for publication. The article incorrectly stated that Bill Wiltshire was rendering legal advice to CLEO and that is absolutely not true. The article is misleading by not only stating that Wiltshire renders legal advice but also that he is a member of CLEO. The CLEO board members wish to apologize to Wiltshire and the readers of the Independent News for the inaccuracies in the article.
—Patrece Cashwell, CLEO board member, Pensacola

Patrece called his innaccuries and misleading ways out. He was summarily dismissed as CLEO president and then it ended up disbanding. This is Morgan's right hand man who he depends on for accurate information. Niiicccceeee....

10-05-2007, 01:35 AM
Why is it that the McNesby team spends all their effort to attack the messengers while completely ignoring the message? Ever think about that? Could it be that they have no defense for the points of concern being raised by the Morgan for Sheriff campaign? It looks that way. The letter from Ms. Cashwell resulted from a misunderstanding. The attorney she mentioned had come to a CLEO meeting and been nominated and approved for membership by the board including her. The minutes of that meeting were approved at the next meeting. Later I was told that he had not accepted the membership. That is a classic misunderstanding. You'll never hear the McNesby team complaining about the starting $35,000 pay guarantee for deputies because they know it's a popular and positive campaign platform. You won't see a response to a request for an audit because... well I guess we all know why, huh? How many times has the term contract employee or Landrum come up with no response from the incumbent's spin team? The best friend of truth is time. The best way to change a bad political environment is to stand up and have your vote counted. A reckoning is coming in this county. I trust the voters to do the right thing this time around. There is a nationwide sentiment for change. There is a desperate need for change here too. It's coming. No amount of hatred, intolerance or misdirection will change what is already in motion. Actually, truth be told, your ways are speeding the end of your authority.

10-05-2007, 01:53 AM
I am not part of the "McNesby Spin Team". I'm anti-Morgan. I'm really not even anti Morgan, but anti his core supporters. As long as it isn't him I really don't care whose elected. You all are the RMPT team that disparraged so many deputies that the thought of you having any influence at all in any administration sickens me. Morgan is who you all chose as a puppet candidate to force your ideals on us (No tasers, citizen review boards, etc.). I see the same lies from RMPT being spewed out of Morgan's mouth in his videos. He states them as fact. If Morgan has any sense, you will be the next to dissappear from his website. Of course you won't let that happen because he is your cash cow having over $10,000 dollars go to your business out of the $17,000 he's raised. You were too extreme for CLEO, but you're David Morgan's right hand man.

10-05-2007, 01:59 AM
Attacking the messenger? Turn around is fair play Mr. Craig. You're getting the same treatment that you've given everyone who opposes your opinion. Ever wonder why no one defends or supports you on this site?

10-05-2007, 02:34 AM
[quote="Anonymous"][b]I am not part of the "McNesby Spin Team".

Sure. That's why it took you less than 20 minutes to compose your response . With so many people "not for McNesby" it's a bit unusual that all of the hatred seems to be reserved for someone who has a clean record and wants to bring honesty to the office. Truth is that most of the deputies are afraid to post because of their belief that their IP's will become available to the administration. So who is left? Admin Spinsters. You are not hiding very well behind your veil of hatred.

10-05-2007, 02:37 AM
Attacking the messenger? Turn around is fair play Mr. Craig. You're getting the same treatment that you've given everyone who opposes your opinion. Ever wonder why no one defends or supports you on this site?

Actually all of the Morgan videos are very specific about their complaints. It's you McHaters that deal in personal attacks. You should watch them. They are becoming more effective every day.

10-05-2007, 03:27 AM
Not as bad as the Sheriff's list of criminal charges.

10-05-2007, 04:19 AM
Answer the 7 questions asked by the PBA.....

10-05-2007, 08:22 AM
As a reminder, these are the seven questions:

The following are statements you have made in your videos that we would like to see evidence of:

1. You have stated that last year’s Escambia Sheriff’s Office budget was $73 million dollars and that in July of this year (2007) the budget will be $120 million dollars. We would like to see evidence of those numbers.

2. You stated that the Escambia Sheriff’s Office is offering hiring bonuses. We would like to see evidence of anyone who was offered or received a hiring bonus at the Sheriff’s office.

3. You said that there have been 15 deaths at the jail by other than natural means. We would like to see a list of those who have died at the jail and by what means they died.

4. You have stated that 19 people at the Sheriff’s Office make more than the governor of the State of Florida. We would like a list of those names along with the salaries of those persons as well as what figures you have for the governor’s salary.

5. You have stated that the county gave the Sheriff $6 million dollars for raises but most employees only received 2.3% raises. We would like to see the evidence that the Sheriff received $6 million dollars and a list of any employees who received less than a 5% raise.

6. You have stated that the Sheriff is spending $14.7 Million dollars on a new garage. We would like to see any evidence as to how much the new garage is going to cost.

7. You have stated that “Road Deputies” are being sent to the jail to fill manpower shortages. We would like the names of any such law enforcement officers.

10-05-2007, 05:39 PM
I watched all of the videos and he answered all of the questions. Most of them more than once. Why do you keep mumbling to yourselves?

10-05-2007, 05:51 PM
I think I've identified the problem with the Morganites. They think if Morgan says it then that is simply enough. No evidence needed. If you would read Morgan's response to the PBA admits he hasn't answered the questions.

10-05-2007, 06:06 PM
Great! If his videos were so informing and he answered those questions perhaps you could post the answers. Those PBA guys must be pretty stupid to have watched them then had these questions. Why don't you show your intellegence by answering them. Morgan tried to answer one and failed. You answer any of the other ones. Please.

10-06-2007, 05:50 PM
With all due respect I think there is another category that McNesby some supporters fall under. Corrupt and complicit. After all it's pretty obvious that it's only his top henchmen who even post about him due to the rank and file's concerns about revenge from the Sheriff if they are identified. His supporters at the ECSO are likely the chief, directors and contract employees. If there are any others who actually support him how about speaking up and identifying yourselves? McNesby's time in office is growing short. We can look forward to better county government when he is gone.

MOD 353
10-06-2007, 08:03 PM
Keep the name calling out of the forums please. Deleted one post already. Keep it clean or don't post.

10-06-2007, 08:07 PM
With all due respect I think there is another category that McNesby some supporters fall under. Corrupt and complicit. After all it's pretty obvious that it's only his top henchmen who even post about him due to the rank and file's concerns about revenge from the Sheriff if they are identified. His supporters at the ECSO are likely the chief, directors and contract employees. If there are any others who actually support him how about speaking up and identifying yourselves? McNesby's time in office is growing short. We can look forward to better county government when he is gone.

How about doing us a favor. You've already stated you weren't Law Enforcement. Why don't you identify yourself being that you support Morgan and won't fear retribution. I know why. There are only one or two of you responsible for all the pro morgan posts.

10-06-2007, 11:43 PM
You should do the right thing like George and Dennis.

10-06-2007, 11:49 PM
Which is worse, McNesby abolishing on of his directors (for whatever reason I could care less) or Morgan secretly ridding himself of half of his campaign team...

10-07-2007, 11:24 AM
Morgan can do whatever he wants with his campaign team. McNesby can "abolish" anyone that is an "at will" employee. So... My theory is that both actions are just fine. Try this one. Which is worse? Firing Coad without a hearing? Or Saying that deputies should have rights? Take the names out of the question. Which is worse?

10-08-2007, 06:32 AM
Taylor and Jarman got a bad deal in civil court. Battery on an LEO is a felony. A K-9 was released and if one of the well connected teens got bitten that should have been OK as long as they were the attacker. What killed the deputies chances in court was the horrific reputation that has been developed by Ron McNesby with the public at large. They don't trust him and by inference that impacted the K-9 deputies in court. If you want to ever build the reputation of the ECSO in a positive direction, Ronniemac has got to go. Dennis was a good start. McNesby should do us all a favor and get rid of the contract personnel before the January trial in Wisconsin. I expect an appointed sheriff by the end of January 2008. That will save him the trouble of firing the overpaid contract folks. It's nearly 9 million dollars a year of our tax money pissed away on those people alone. Dennis's overstuffed salary was just a small piece of the pie.

10-08-2007, 11:23 AM
Another Morgan lie. Please list the names of the contract workers who make up the 9,000,000.

10-08-2007, 05:34 PM
Another Morgan lie. Please list the names of the contract workers who make up the 9,000,000.

We'd love to know that answer. They are all listed under Other Contractual Services. $8,871,244.00. We don't have to know who they are to know we are throwing 9 million dollars to them.

10-09-2007, 01:07 AM
Just because it says contractual services does not mean that those funds are being paid to contractual employees. Is that where you people got that figure? Services and employees are different. Please tell me you didn't run with this figure because of the wording you just listed here :?

10-09-2007, 02:07 AM
I assure you they did. They aren't worried about truth. Unfortunately the truth is running at them full speed...

10-09-2007, 11:36 PM
That's the most brain damaged response I've seen for awhile. You think anyone with an IQ above 65 is going to fall for that line of reasoning? The point is, McLovers, that since there is no way to tell where he is actually spending our tax dollars, he could be spending it on contract hookers for all we know. By keeping his accounting practices in the dark he leaves us broke and confused. So what are the "services" to which you refer? Hunting guides? Motel rooms? I firmly believe that an audit will put people in prison. And the start of that audit can't come a moment too soon. Maybe I was too harsh. Maybe it wasn't motels or guides? Possibly your admin overtime blogging services? Or is that covered by FEMA money? Hard to tell. Where is George when we need him?

10-09-2007, 11:44 PM
Just because it says contractual services does not mean that those funds are being paid to contractual employees. Is that where you people got that figure? Services and employees are different. Please tell me you didn't run with this figure because of the wording you just listed here :?

Damn, anywhere else in the industrialized world this would be called
"misappropriation, fraud, etc."

So, pray tell, where is the money going to be spent? :devil:

10-10-2007, 03:18 AM
Get with the program,
I don't know where the money is being spent and it is apparent that neither does Morgan's people. Otherwise you people wouldn't be jumping up and down about "contractual services" aand saying we have millions being paid for contract workers. It looks like you people don't have the clue.

And again, because we didn't agree with your flawed logic we are McNuggets etc. From your post above I would say that you are about a stones throw from being banned by posting nonse and baseless allegations. It is also apparent that you are the same troll that has tried to stir the pot up around here.

10-10-2007, 04:25 AM
You'd love that wouldn't you. Then you might even be able to have an exclusive hatefest. But it won't pull the wool over the deputies eyes. The sheriff has ignored their pay and safety while stuffing the pockets of his close friends and supporters and spending the taxpayers into the poorhouse. We know you by your deeds. You have already lost the election. They just haven't had it yet. The voters distrust you, your sheriff and your words. Your contract blogger ramblings can't recover the respect you have destroyed. Your white hat isn't off. It's trampled. Your agency is broken. David Morgan is going to fix it. And in the process, you will either adapt or be gone. Public servants should comport themselves with more honor and respect for others. Your thug-like personality may be a good management fit for the sheriff today. But it will be absent in the ECSO under the sheriff of tomorrow. I look forward to your next mean spirited reply. What you fail to realize is the ultimate truth. You did this to yourselves.

10-10-2007, 05:32 AM
I remember these same rumblings last election. "David Morgan is going to be the next sheriff". When it was all said and done all we heard were crickets chirping. Come to think of it, I hear them now :lol:

10-10-2007, 11:47 AM

We'd love to know that answer. They are all listed under Other Contractual Services. $8,871,244.00. We don't have to know who they are to know we are throwing 9 million dollars to them.

Try the jail infirmary. This service should be the amount due to Armour Correctional, a for profit company, for providing the privatized medical care. The actual amount is:

other contractual services: $7.739,861
plus 15% budget variance: $1,131,383

total of: $8,871,244

Just more bullcrap flowing from the Morgan camp. :roll:
Another reason why I wont vote for Morgan or McNesby. 8)

10-11-2007, 03:29 AM

Try the jail infirmary. This service should be the amount due to Armour Correctional, a for profit company, for providing the privatized medical care. The actual amount is:

other contractual services: $7.739,861
plus 15% budget variance: $1,131,383

total of: $8,871,244

Just more bullcrap flowing from the Morgan camp. :roll:
Another reason why I wont vote for Morgan or McNesby. 8)

Should be? Could be? Might be? Who freakin knows? That's Morgan's whole point. The budget is a mystery when it should be an open book. This is supposed to be the sunshine state. You know - government in sunshine. Instead McNesby runs his operation like a secret society. The $8,871,244 could just as well be for contract sex workers for all the taxpayers are told. Under a Morgan administration the budget will be an open book. Remember how the McBloggers were saying that the budget would be a line item document and tha Morgan was wrong about that? Well take a look at the budget and you can't tell sh*t from shinola about what is spent where. Your I won't vote for McNesby or Morgan talk is more like - let's hope the deputies don't tell the civilians to vote for Morgan so they can get their raises and maybe McNesby will squeak by. The amount in question will be the object of a public records request for a line by line accounting of those funds. It could easily be 99 people pocketing 90 K a year. What you want to bet that all of them gave the max contributions to their sugar daddy? When the spotlight is focused on this slimy administrations accounting practices there will be too many turds to ever polish.
http://www.onebadwheel.com/images/nasca ... polish.gif (http://www.onebadwheel.com/images/nascar-turd-polish.gif)

10-11-2007, 04:08 AM
Just another attempt by Morgan and crew to spin their lies.

If Morgan wasn't so incompetent he would be able to read and decipher the budget. A smart candidate would have asked questions, either via a public records request to the sheriff or via the BCC.

It doesn't take rocket scientist to determine that the jail has a contracted Armour Correctional for medical care and what the yearly cost of their contract. Here is a clue: When you reviewed the budget, did you find anything budgeted for inmate medical care?

Everytime Morgan opens his mouth, or allows Craig to speak/post here on his behalf, it further confirms why I will not vote for him. As bad as we need a new sheriff, Morgan isn't the answer!

10-11-2007, 04:30 AM
“Exposing Morgan?” I don’t think so. People that live in glass houses shouldn’t sling rocks.

I’m a former CO supporting Morgan. So, I’ll just address one of the infamous PBA questions, re; “You stated that there have been X number of deaths in the jail by other than natural means…”

Yes, there are some liars/spinners in these discussions, but it’s not Morgan. As he (his support folks?) has said “go back and look at the videos. What he said, more than once is; “Any death in the jail by other than natural means is unacceptable. And, “is anyone to be held liable for these deaths? We don’t know and won’t know unless there is a full and impartial investigation (para) “

Yes, this is exactly where your PBA representation should be expending its energy. Well, at least they’re doing something. They damn sure haven’t held McNesby to any standard (one of the reasons why I left). If you’d have stayed on McNesby the way you’re dogging out Morgan we wouldn’t have had to wait for 6 years to get a new contract.

Maybe that “crack team of investigators” can help the PBA expose all of these lies Morgan is telling. Remember? The one’s who identified the “wrong college instructor?”

If I’d been him you would have never got an answer from me, not after the telegraphing of where the PBA was always coming from after calling that special meeting about? What was it? Oh, yes, “The Problems with David Morgan.”

Oh, yeah, Morgan’s going to get a fair shake from these guy’s. I’d be praying he doesn’t get elected if I were you.

10-11-2007, 04:51 AM
Former CO why haven't you given money to Morgan? You give yourself away as a liar. CO's haven't called themselves CO's in many years. If you're x CO your X co from long ago.

There was no special meeting to discuss Morgan. It was a regular meeting and his videos were brought up as one of a number of topics. You also wouldn't have got the misprinted mailer that left the word "video" off it unless you were a current CO or unless you are a member of Morgan's inner circle who was given a copy. David Craig saw this and called up Bain having a temper tantrum wanting Morgan to speak. It was explained to him that he couldn't speak at a membership meeting. When some of the discrepancies were brought up it was motioned to send Morgan a letter to give him the opportunity to prove what he was saying was correct. He chose not to do that and pretty much told the PBA to research his facts on their own which they are doing.

How many PBA meetings did you go to? What did you help with? Did you ever give them any information when they sent out mailers asking for bad timesheets etc? Ever knock on doors? Ever put your name to a grievence? Lemme guess, if you truly are an ex-CO, ex-PBA member you had your dues deducted for legal protection then didn't do crap then say the board doesn't do anything. You want to start helping the PBA get power? Then start by voting who they recommend for Sheriff. That's how unions get powerful enough to make things happen. If your not even willing to do that then shove off. Vote for a liar who has no clue how the SO operates let alone how to run it.

10-11-2007, 05:06 AM
According to campaign records, there are two jail employees listed as contributors of Morgan:

Phyllis Jones - Detention Assistant (aka Security Control Monitor)

&

Charles "Skip" Wilkins - former PBA Board Member and former Correctional Officer.

Neither must think highly of Morgan as both have only contributed $20 each. Although, Jerry Jones (spouse of Phyllis) has given another $60.

10-11-2007, 04:58 PM
“PBA Logic”

Number of deputies and detention deputies fired;

-McNesby; 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6……

-Morgan; NONE

Number of deputies and detention deputy’s rights violated by not recording pre-determination meetings;

-McNesby; 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6……

-Morgan: NONE

Number of deputies and detention deputies fired prior to completion of an Internal Affairs/State Attorney Investigation;

-McNesby; 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6……..

-Morgan; NONE

Number of year’s refusing to negotiate with the PBA for contract renewal;

-McNesby; 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6….

-Morgan; NONE

Therefore a Motion is before the Membership that we investigate…….MORGAN.

I just get all warm and fuzzy knowing you boy’s are in charge. Maybe after we’re done with McNesby we ought to take a look at the PBA.

10-11-2007, 08:48 PM
PBA has sat around and listened to the crap of RonnieMacAbusesPower, RonnineMacPowerTrip, RonniMacFubar, and RNNNEWS talk crap about officers, jail conditions, pay etc. Now those groups have a spokesperson in David Morgan. It's about time the PBA shined a light on all the B.S.