PDA

View Full Version : How is it working for Seminole County?

10-04-2007, 03:04 PM
I am a nine year deputy sheriff, living in the central Florida area. My current agency's morale is at an all time low and doesn't seem to be getting much better. How is it working for Seminole County Sheriff's Office. On the outside it looks like a great department. Can you guys tell me the pros and cons of working with Seminole County. How is your sheriff, is he supportive of the troops? Any bit of information can help. Thanks..

10-13-2007, 09:10 PM
Seminole SO is an excellent place to work. Pay raise always average at least 5% including this year. Sheriff is suportive and refused to change insurance companies just because the rest of the county was. Actually he negotiated our increase with United and it was only about 2%. Equipment is top notch, recently purchased Sig 357 with lights for all deputies. Cars are new or a couple years old at the minimum. Very few IA's and I would say most employees are very happy. I came from a large city 10 years ago and have not looked back once. Sheriff Eslinger is unbeatable and will be here until he wants to leave. Very approachable and speaks to deputies and other employees by name when he sees them in the building. I would suggest you look into us. Also, experienced LEO's are started at a higher rate. 407-665-6650 ask for HR, or look at the website. www.seminolesheriff.org (http://www.seminolesheriff.org). Hope this helps.....

10-23-2007, 05:49 PM
Seminole SO is an excellent place to work. Pay raise always average at least 5% including this year. Sheriff is suportive and refused to change insurance companies just because the rest of the county was. Actually he negotiated our increase with United and it was only about 2%. Equipment is top notch, recently purchased Sig 357 with lights for all deputies. Cars are new or a couple years old at the minimum. Very few IA's and I would say most employees are very happy. I came from a large city 10 years ago and have not looked back once. Sheriff Eslinger is unbeatable and will be here until he wants to leave. Very approachable and speaks to deputies and other employees by name when he sees them in the building. I would suggest you look into us. Also, experienced LEO's are started at a higher rate. 407-665-6650 ask for HR, or look at the website. www.seminolesheriff.org (http://www.seminolesheriff.org). Hope this helps.....

What kind of cruisers are you driving there? Do you typically get the take home cruiser right out of field training? How is the county as a whole to live in? I lived and worked as a leo in a overly saturated county that was one strip mall after the other, it got old not having more of a community feel. Thanks.

10-24-2007, 03:05 AM
Cars are assigned right out of FTO, once you leave your exit interview you go to et your car. County as a whole is a nice place to live, schools are good, homea are a little pricey.

11-23-2007, 02:04 AM
Broward SO 12 year vet, what can you start me at?...I need to get out of South Florida and breathe clean air. Also hows the housing prices?

01-24-2008, 08:27 PM
Trying to reach out to a Deputy D. Morris with the Dare Program... anyone know how to contact her ? Thanks !!!!