PDA

View Full Version : Who I'd like to see as a supervisor...

10-04-2007, 02:37 PM
With all of the bashing that's been going on, I have decided to start this topic to not only show who I would look up to as a supervisor, but whom the majority would consider as an excellent choice. Although the current process does not allow promotions based on popularity levels (at least I don't think so), I believe that if you want a happy working environment it may be worth looking into. I only ask that you list those that are currently not on the list, nor in the process of becoming a Sergeant, Captain, etc.
With that being said, I think my first choice would be that of a female. She has always been looked up to and respected by all. She's a hard worker, and I know she's not timid about getting her hands dirty, or getting dirty with the language when it's needed. Although she hasn't been on the road for quite some time, she'll still mix it up with the best of them if she happens to be on your scene. Highly intelligent, and very quick witted she is. I don't believe I've ever come across anyone that would disagree with me on this. My first choice of who should be a supervisor, is Bonnie Robinson.
If you disagree, please respond only with "I disagree". If you can think of someone else, post it. I think the current process has failed us in some ways, and some re-thinking of its effectiveness is long overdue. In the long run, it's creating a lot of frustration within our agency. Frustration that leads to people leaving, not doing anything proactive on the road, or venting their anger out on websites such as this one.
Try to keep it clean guys and gals. They're still trying to figure out who you are....

10-04-2007, 06:43 PM
Excellent choice! Bonnie would be a supurb Sergeant.

My next choice would be Tommy Burgs. Knows what he is doing, comes to work with a lot of heart each night, certainly is not afraid of doing work and I am positive that he will stand up for his officers when needed. Like Bonnie, he is already well respected and well liked by all.

10-04-2007, 08:09 PM
With all of the bashing that's been going on, I have decided to start this topic to not only show who I would look up to as a supervisor, but whom the majority would consider as an excellent choice. Although the current process does not allow promotions based on popularity levels (at least I don't think so), I believe that if you want a happy working environment it may be worth looking into. I only ask that you list those that are currently not on the list, nor in the process of becoming a Sergeant, Captain, etc.
With that being said, I think my first choice would be that of a female. She has always been looked up to and respected by all. She's a hard worker, and I know she's not timid about getting her hands dirty, or getting dirty with the language when it's needed. Although she hasn't been on the road for quite some time, she'll still mix it up with the best of them if she happens to be on your scene. Highly intelligent, and very quick witted she is. I don't believe I've ever come across anyone that would disagree with me on this. My first choice of who should be a supervisor, is Bonnie Robinson.
If you disagree, please respond only with "I disagree". If you can think of someone else, post it. I think the current process has failed us in some ways, and some re-thinking of its effectiveness is long overdue. In the long run, it's creating a lot of frustration within our agency. Frustration that leads to people leaving, not doing anything proactive on the road, or venting their anger out on websites such as this one.
Try to keep it clean guys and gals. They're still trying to figure out who you are....

Great suggestion, Bret !!!

10-25-2007, 01:33 AM
DESILVA IS AN OTHER EXCELLENT CHOICE. THAT GUY HAS BUSTED HIS BALLZ SINCE I'VE BEEN HERE.
AND NO THIS ISN'T BRET TALKIN'

10-25-2007, 04:02 AM
I WOULD LIKE TO SEE SOME OF THE GUYS WHO ARE LEADERS JUMP BACK ON THE HORSE AGAIN AND TAKE THE RAINS. WE HAVE SOME DARN GOOD SARGENTS WHO SHOWED CLASS AND WHERE/ARE WELL RESPECTED. GORT- GRANT- VAGHUN- COVINO- TO NAME A FEW THAT COME TO THE TOP OF MY MIND. THESE GUYS HAVE BALLS AND KNOW HOW TO LEAD. THEY NEED TO JUMP BACK INTHE GAME.

10-26-2007, 01:09 PM
this is the most pointless nonsense on this site. this whole site is pointless. Tommy? Bonnie? you must be kidding. oh i see, if you are "well respected", you can be a sgt.

10-26-2007, 01:32 PM
this is the most pointless nonsense on this site. this whole site is pointless. Tommy? Bonnie? you must be kidding. oh i see, if you are "well respected", you can be a sgt.

No, not at all. The not being respected stuff worked out well for Rakofsky so I guess you have a good point.

10-26-2007, 09:17 PM
Yeah, I guess if you look past Ed's exploits as a "Delta Force" member in Mogadishu or was it a Ranger? Or his short lived Secret Service experience, you'd probably believe he was well respected. I guess being a xxxxxxxxxx or xxxxxx does get you places like Schelling, Larry, Dan and Ed have proven.

Edited by Mod 461

10-27-2007, 02:03 AM
Yeah, I guess if you look past Ed's exploits as a "Delta Force" member in Mogadishu or was it a Ranger? Or his short lived Secret Service experience, you'd probably believe he was well respected. I guess being a compulsive liar or cheat does get you places like Schelling, Larry, Dan and Ed have proven.

I couldn't agree with you more, your are right on the money, what a shame and a disgrace to this agency.

10-27-2007, 05:32 AM
Yeah, I guess if you look past Ed's exploits as a "Delta Force" member in Mogadishu or was it a Ranger? Or his short lived Secret Service experience, you'd probably believe he was well respected. I guess being a xx does get you places like Schelling, Larry, Dan and Ed have proven.

Wasn't he fired from SS ? . Whatever what a awesome guy! :roll:

Edited by Mod 461

10-27-2007, 12:32 PM
Youre an idiot. We finally get in a supervisor who is doing an incredible job and takes care of his guys and you are going to take shots at him? How about if you open your eyes and see who is a good supervisor and who isnt and take it from there.

10-27-2007, 09:50 PM
Better Supervisors have taken worse shots here, most that weren't true. Unfortunately these are, and it will be the Scarlet "L" that he will always wear. Schelling never lived down getting thrown out of West Point on an Honors violation or xx and getting caught, and that's just the tip of the iceberg. Ed's are on the same line, but I guess there is hope. Carl made Captain.

edited by mod 461

10-29-2007, 03:44 AM
Better Supervisors have taken worse shots here, most that weren't true. Unfortunately these are, and it will be the Scarlet "L" that he will always wear. Schelling never lived down getting thrown out of West Point on an Honors violation or xx and getting caught, and that's just the tip of the iceberg. Ed's are on the same line, but I guess there is hope. Carl made Captain.

edited by mod 461
Alot of information which were facts has been deleted or edited by Mod 461. He must sit on the 4th floor with Larry and Dan. The truth really must hurt those guys and why Mod 461 do you protect them?

10-29-2007, 05:09 AM
Captain Morales.......Yeah!!

10-29-2007, 11:19 AM

edited by mod 461
Alot of information which were facts has been deleted or edited by Mod 461. He must sit on the 4th floor with Larry and Dan. The truth really must hurt those guys and why Mod 461 do you protect them?

My thoughts exactly, why are they being protected. Everything that was said is true and verifiable. Isn't that the standard?

mod 461
10-29-2007, 08:27 PM
Like I said before...don't make accusations that refer to a crime or past criminal activity, especially where charges were never filed, etc. The posts that I edited made reference to a crime or past suspected criminal activity were charges were never filed or substantiated.

Also, leave their personal lives alone..

Other than that, say whatever.

I am not protecting anyone, nor am I on the "4th Floor".

Mod 461

11-04-2007, 12:02 AM
i have been observing your police dept. an am ashamed of the GOOD cops you put on suspension. Too many personal things getting in the way when you should just watch each others back!!! when push comes to shove you should stand up for one another. Not dog each other.

11-04-2007, 02:05 AM
i have been observing your police dept. an am ashamed of the GOOD cops you put on suspension. Too many personal things getting in the way when you should just watch each others back!!! when push comes to shove you should stand up for one another. Not dog each other.

Ashamed of the ones we suspend? You should see the ones we promote!

11-06-2007, 11:51 PM
I nominate Paul Goulding. He'd be a great supervisor.

11-07-2007, 02:18 PM
2nd for Goulding.....

11-07-2007, 03:23 PM
Corky for President!!!

11-07-2007, 04:03 PM
What a bunch of pu$$#s you are. Whoever blasted EBarry is a fool. This guy has done more for the officers who he supervises than any of the other "good" people mentioned above. You want to compare him to people like Diaco and Schelling? Tell me this, who has Ed ever screwed? Nobody. I can tell you that he has definatley put his pecker on the line for several people.

Hess - are you the a$$hole who is blasting Ed? If so, then for the record, you were the fata$$ who is responsible for all of us not being able to workout all at once. YOU are responsible you worthless idiot. Ed fought to get it changed and even got in hot water as a result.

And you d**kheads who are talking about his service to his country are the ones who probably never had the balls to serve in uniform. Although I never had the honor to serve in our armed forces, I have a great deal of respect for those who did and will never disrepect them with comments like the ones that have been made.

If you have a problem with him, be man enough to say it to his face.

11-09-2007, 01:21 AM
"If you have a problem with him, be man enough to say it to his face."

That's pretty hard to do when he's got it shoved up the good captains arse.

And for the record, when you have served, that's its own reward. When you lie about your service you're a disgrace, especially if you lie about combat where real heroes have died. It speaks about his character, not his abilities.

11-10-2007, 08:21 PM
I love how all these potentially useful threads turn into bash sessions. Gets old!

11-11-2007, 01:50 AM
Mod 1 keeps deleteting and banning posts and postings Big Dan and your buudy Diaco are the jokes of this department. Diaco is keeping and low profile but not fooling anyone. And big Dan you are a poor excuse of a LEO. Mod 1 ban this post as I am sure it violates your terms. Your a joke who's never worn the badge thats obvious for sure.

11-13-2007, 08:47 PM
Any ideas why he is being so low profile? Was it because JD outed him and everyone saw the truth or was he that embarrassed about the reprimand being of about the same value as toilet paper after it was downgraded by the Union?

11-14-2007, 10:21 AM
Any ideas why he is being so low profile? Was it because JD outed him and everyone saw the truth or was he that embarrassed about the reprimand being of about the same value as toilet paper after it was downgraded by the Union?

WHO'S KEEPING A LOW PROFILE?

11-14-2007, 03:25 PM
Mod 1 keeps deleteting and banning posts and postings Big Dan and your buudy Diaco are the jokes of this department. Diaco is keeping and low profile but not fooling anyone. And big Dan you are a poor excuse of a LEO. Mod 1 ban this post as I am sure it violates your terms. Your a joke who's never worn the badge thats obvious for sure.

I think they meant Diaco.

11-16-2007, 01:36 AM
This is so great, since the moderator and mod 1 have deleted everything, this site is real quiet. Great job to both of you. No posts is the way this site should be.

11-16-2007, 07:40 PM
This is so great, since the moderator and mod 1 have deleted everything, this site is real quiet. Great job to both of you. No posts is the way this site should be.

Yep, you can pretty much hear a rat piss on cotton in here now.

11-19-2007, 08:24 PM
u guys are great u sit here wondering who you think would be a great sgt. you people have noooo idea what it is liked to try to be sgt with these captains. you are scared to take the test because of failure...so you sit back and judge others. this kills me t. burgs sgt. lol he is a GREAT guy, but cant make a decision to save his life without running by 20 other people. i think we have enough like that. you guys keep naming gort, vaughan, grant, barry, birk. etc. are you serious grant yes without a doubt. the rest ya they were great leaders.not they did what they had to do and left. they did the minimum to be selfish. they got the specialized units and never looked back..ya thats a leader.

oh ya nikki or sgt j.a. ya they are leaders more like hatchets. you should see them in action. they treat their officers just great. i think a good way to describe it is they talk down to them like kids....... hey doesnt capt. d.r. do that wow. there isnt enough room on here for you guys to get the real deal. you need to pay more attention to your sgt that are taking care of you making sure you are happy, instead of trying to save the world or re-invent the wheel. that is a good sgt. the one who looks out for YOU. who cares about the rest. TAKE CARE OF YOU AND YOURS.......

11-19-2007, 09:52 PM
"grant yes without a doubt"

I agree. Good as he was though, he still ran from the captain.

11-23-2007, 02:49 AM
What a bunch of pu$$#s you are. Whoever blasted EBarry is a fool. This guy has done more for the officers who he supervises than any of the other "good" people mentioned above. You want to compare him to people like Diaco and Schelling? Tell me this, who has Ed ever screwed? Nobody. I can tell you that he has definatley put his pecker on the line for several people.

Hess - are you the a$$hole who is blasting Ed? If so, then for the record, you were the fata$$ who is responsible for all of us not being able to workout all at once. YOU are responsible you worthless idiot. Ed fought to get it changed and even got in hot water as a result.

And you d**kheads who are talking about his service to his country are the ones who probably never had the balls to serve in uniform. Although I never had the honor to serve in our armed forces, I have a great deal of respect for those who did and will never disrepect them with comments like the ones that have been made.

If you have a problem with him, be man enough to say it to his face.

11-23-2007, 03:54 PM
Ms Arcuri gets my vote shes the most professional one there. Fair and determined she will see us thru thick and thin. Nothing to worry about when shes working. Shes the best Sgt. She will even tell you so.

11-25-2007, 01:31 PM
i just made a decision and did not consult with twenty people.. i decided that i would like to discuss my indecisiveness face to face
name the time and place rather than hiding behind an anonymous user name!!

12-06-2007, 03:23 PM
Maybe six in the whole place are worth a crap.The rest you might be able to have lunch with if they buy. Keep your friends close and your enemies closer.Some of these guys/girls threw some good people under the bus and were rewarded.You older guys know.

12-06-2007, 06:39 PM
Maybe six in the whole place are worth a crap.The rest you might be able to have lunch with if they buy. Keep your friends close and your enemies closer.Some of these guys/girls threw some good people under the bus and were rewarded.You older guys know.

You need to get a life and get over it. We have people of rank who are real @$$holes and some who are great. Just like anywhere else. If you don't like who you work for, take the test and change something for the better. Quit whining about everything and do something to fix the problems. You are starting to sound like Ikalina for crying out loud.

12-06-2007, 07:05 PM

You need to get a life and get over it. We have people of rank who are real @$$holes and some who are great. Just like anywhere else. If you don't like who you work for, take the test and change something for the better. Quit whining about everything and do something to fix the problems. You are starting to sound like Ikalina for crying out loud.

You sound like the @&&hole you have no clue, must be Diaco or Rakofsky's buddy. Get a life and take the test yur self moron.

12-06-2007, 08:07 PM

You sound like the @&&hole you have no clue, must be Diaco or Rakofsky's buddy. Get a life and take the test yur self moron.

Wow, listen to you two. That last post must be Ikalina: hows life in the private security-guard world, Glen? You chargin' up that golf cart to a full charge?

I am certainly not one of Dan or Larry's boys. Just tired of all the BS. Lets just do our jobs and look out for each other. I don't need to take the test as I have no issues with any of our supervisors. Sure, some won't take care of you as well as the others, but this is just a frikken job. When it comes to the real stuff, I have never seen any officer leave another one out to dry.

12-07-2007, 02:18 AM

Wow, listen to you two. That last post must be Ikalina: hows life in the private security-guard world, Glen? You chargin' up that golf cart to a full charge?

I am certainly not one of Dan or Larry's boys. Just tired of all the BS. Lets just do our jobs and look out for each other. I don't need to take the test as I have no issues with any of our supervisors. Sure, some won't take care of you as well as the others, but this is just a frikken job. When it comes to the real stuff, I have never seen any officer leave another one out to dry.

If you got something to say to me, my number is (954) 742-9259, I have not posted on here since I was banned nor will I ever again, don't acuse someone of a post unless you know for sure his identity, you must be the moderator and a pure slug. Its obvious you have done nothing in your career at Pines. Get a life be safe, call me anytime. When I do have something to say you will be able to read about it, thats a promise. Be safe moderator keep up the good work. Glenn Ikalina

12-07-2007, 02:20 PM
Is that really you? Or is the anonymous poster using your name telling a lie. If so good impression. They got you to a tee.

12-07-2007, 02:24 PM
Glen,
I was wondering. Did you ever give back the money you took from the teachers at the school. Remember when you said you were going to Desert Storm and never did but still kept the money they raised for your family.

We have some winners for supervisors here but our officers are better.

12-07-2007, 09:40 PM
Glen,
I was wondering. Did you ever give back the money you took from the teachers at the school. Remember when you said you were going to Desert Storm and never did but still kept the money they raised for your family.

We have some winners for supervisors here but our officers are better.

That's it, smart guy! I'm getting out "the box of truths"! You are all in trouble now!

01-21-2008, 06:02 PM
SM over JA as supv's any day of the week.

01-22-2008, 03:48 PM
Way better looking too

01-28-2008, 05:37 PM
SM is definitely a better candidate than JA.
agreed