PDA

View Full Version : Thanks!

10-03-2007, 09:58 PM
214 here: I want to thank whoever it is at the department for taking care of all the retirement memoribilia that they have sent. I got a package a week or so ago with a flag that flew over the Capital. Now, I know that these things are form letters, and the documents signed by the Pres and all those are not the personal congratulations that they appear to be. But someone up there had to send in the information and make the request, and I want to thank them for taking the trouble.

I also want to thank each and every one of you guys and gals for being there and standing up and fighting the good fight each and every day. I spent 25 plus years there, and overall it was a good place to work and I was proud to serve with you guys and I remain proud of all of you.

I know the troops did not get a fair or good shake at the hands of the City this time, or the last time..... or......... well, you get the idea. But you all go out there and do a good job in spite of it, and for that you deserve credit.

I have not been in touch with many of you at all, and that probably makes most of you happy, and I am not going to mess that up. I am retired and gone, and that is as it should be.

There does not seem to be as much participation on this board as there was when it first started, and I have not even looked here in over 2 years. The format is changed and everything.

Anyway, thanks to you guys, and good luck to you and please be safe. Where you all work was my second home for a quarter century, and as I look back on it, I could have done worse, and I had experiences that I would not have had anywhere else.

You guys are first rate, and probably in the top 5% of the overall population overall. I am working in the private sector, and I am amazed at the ignorance of the common man compared to you guys.

I am busy with life and am not asking for anything, but I do check e-mail daily and if anyone wants to communicate, louiethelump@yahoo.com is the easiest way and I will answer you if you write.

Go get 'em, and stay safe.

:D

RandyW1
10-03-2007, 10:27 PM
Bob,

I learned a lot from you. Both about Law Enforcement and life in general. Even though I haven't seen you in many years, the things that I have learned from you have stayed with me. I want to say thanks for being who you are for serving for all the years you did.

Randy