PDA

View Full Version : Winners & Losers 9-27-2007

10-03-2007, 04:25 AM
Posted under "LOSERS"

RON MCNESBY The latest lawsuit involving Escambia County deputies allegedly using undue force to subdue a local high school student has drawn unwanted attention to the Escambia County Sheriff's officeagain. In the past 10 months, there have been news stories on a deputy who used a stun gun on a citizen at the Walmart parking lot, another one burned a video tape showing him stomping on a handcuffed suspect, another deputy slapping a suspect who was laying on the ground, and yet another deputy who arrested a soccer mom for not paying a disputed $40 dog grooming bill. Fortunately, most of these deputies were fired, but let's face it. We don't read about any such incidents involving deputies in Santa Rosa or Okaloosa counties.[/i]

Optimus Prime
10-03-2007, 03:35 PM
Gee, I wonder why that might be, most of what Escambia Deputies deal with are dirt bags selling dope to our kids, stealing our stuff, robbing individuals, home invasions, stealing cars need I go on, don’t you watch the news? The problem is the news likes to hype up what happens in Escambia County. Sure there are problems in Escambia, the difference is that the news hypes everything that happens here, are there some cops that should not be cops “Yes” I’m not saying all cops are good. But the same things happen in Santa Rosa and Okaloosa counties. I guess you didn’t see the news yesterday about the Santa Rosa Deputy that tased the juvenile female in the jail? Why have you not posted something about that incident? This happened almost two months ago and their just now reporting it to the citizens. If it happens in Escambia the news is reporting it as its happening. The truth is there are a lot of things that happen in these counties the news just doesn’t report to the citizens on a regular basis as they do with Escambia County. Try and do a little research before posting here it helps to get your facts straight.

Post to support my response:
http://www.weartv.com/newsroom/search/s ... LuqMJk.xml (http://www.weartv.com/newsroom/search/story.shtml?/2007/10/58LuqMJk.xml)

Optimus Prime
10-03-2007, 04:04 PM
Just in case some of you are not able to get to the linked page, here is the new article from Wear 3 that was posted yesterday. Notice the date at the bottom.

FDLE Investigates Justification of Tasing

A teenager is tased while in the custody of Santa Rosa sheriff's deputies...

But now the Florida Department of Law Enforcement wants to know if the tasing was justified.

On August 14th, 17 year old Amanda Rangel from Milton refused to remain seated in a chair while deputies tried to process her arrest.

This morning, Deputy Davis Eugene Goodwin, the second, is on paid administrative leave while authorities investigate.

According to the official taser policy for the Santa Rosa county sheriff's department, the burden of proof for justifiable use of the taser lies with the officer.

A full report on the investigation is expected within the week to determine if formal charges will be brought against Officer Goodwin.

Last Updated: Monday, October 1 2007, 07:59 PM

10-03-2007, 05:08 PM
I have no doubt that the tasing incident in our jail will end in criminal charges. You guys are getting "enhanced media coverage", and it is doing nothing but hurting your community relations and, of course, selling newspapers. You are correct that you, in Escambia, deal with more dirtbags than we across the bay. Our population is smaller, we have more space for the people to spread out, and the social and economic demographics are much different over here. That is changing daily though. The ****roaches in Escambia and Pensacola are learning that they can get over here without swimming. Someone gave them a map showing the bridges. They are learning that we don't have the officer coverage you have and, thanks to our wonderful commisioners, our force will not be growing anytime soon. Thanks to the same commissioners, you are getting some good officers from us because of the pay issue. Good luck in the coming elections. It is going to be a long year. Keep your heads down and chins up, it has to get better.