PDA

View Full Version : Questions for Staff...answers will probably never come!

10-01-2007, 09:12 AM
I’ve been hearing this website being tossed around the department from various Officers and even Supervisors.

Staff one, when are you going to stand up for your people? You can’t even make a simple decision from what I can tell. Sir, is it just me, or do I detect a sense of passive behavior when you allow other managers to dictate how things will be ran in your department? Last time I checked the flow chart of any major business, or city government, YOU sir are a department head and therefore do not sit back and allow a manager to tell you the way it’s going to be. The example of this I will offer; you allow someone else to dictate what type/style of police car we’re to operate. The funds to pay for it and to maintain it come from our budget. This person is in charge of replacing our fleet. I do not hold a PhD in anything, but it does not take a genius to figure out that replacing 10-20 cars a year for a 235 man department means we’ll be operating our police vehicles beyond normal safe limits of the life expectancy. Speaking of cars, we were informed that this same person now wants all “unauthorized” stickers were to be removed from exterior of the vehicle. I will flat out ask the question. Did you or did you not state that since Deputy Matt Williams was not a member of our department there was no need to display the 3655K stickers? I believe in appreciation for our dedication, and the BROTHERHOOD of law enforcement, Sheriff Judd sent a small token of thanks to the members of our agency. Chief, now that your secretary is departing; will we finally have an open door policy to be able to address our concerns with you? I would take some of them up the chain, but they seem to get stopped at the handicapped stall on the 3rd floor. I’m sure you know who he is; he’s the one who is sitting across the table at the stalled union negotiations…probably because you can’t make a decision but then again, neither can they.

I guess the next question that’s been burning in my mind for the last several months is how can the certain staff unit who will have a handicapped tag on his city car before to long sit on the other side of the table during our stalled negotiations and expect to become our shinning leader? Do you honestly think that you’re winning the respect of the people you are chomping at the bit to supervise?

You sent out an email to the supervisors wanting to know who has been on/off duty for the contract meetings. Just to show your true loyalties, you send the carbon copy to the city manager. I guess I do have to give you credit; you don’t hide the fact that you’re stepping on the backs of so many to punch that meal ticket!

I also notice that this blog that seems to be the latest craze, is nothing more than a staff propaganda network. Seems to me that we have better things to spend our time on, like maybe you could 10-65 some of those calls for service instead of playing on your little blog on city time. How much money and time are we spending on this blog? The next question I’ll ask, what was wrong with updating the existing website we advertise on our cars? Is this a tactic you picked up at your Boston Police school? How many more tax dollars are going to be wasted to pad the resume of the senior staff?

The question was posed a long time ago. What will it take for Lakeland to get its luster back? I’d like to answer that. Why don’t we stop killing ourselves from within! Gentlemen, it’s very simple. If you don’t take the time to improve the morale of this fine agency, then quite frankly, you won’t have to worry about the Sheriff’s Office taking over; we’ll already be employees there! It’s time this department start acting like a bunch of adults. Supervisors who DON’T are no way to go through life. It’s like carrying a firearm without the rounds in it….sure looks nice, but is going to fail when you need it most. We get to hear about the new phrases for the same ole way of doing things. How did this agency solve crime back in the days before email, computers and cell phones? You mean, they actually kicked a little butt, and put the fear of god in those people who wished to break the law in our community?

It’s my understanding with the level of participation in this site; this particular post should make its way back to a staff meeting! For those of you on the senior staff, who were missed by this, please don’t think you’re in the clear. The greatest thing about the freedom of speech it that it’s a free fire zone so don’t stick your head up out of the foxhole yet!

10-01-2007, 02:45 PM
You are right. You will never get the answers to those questions.

Beep Beep Beep Beep Beep..........10-33 traffic A alpha, signal 48 in progress 219 N. Massachusetts Ave., Reportee states over 200 officers being anally assaulted simultaneously by several older white male subjects, 1 black male, from the 3rd floor of the building. Lakeland to a unit to take a 10-8.

NOPE.....no unit to take a 10-8 because every single officer in this department is currently a victim of this massive 48 by the department and the city. I think the Ledger should write the report, it's in their zone anyway.

Stand strong, but bend over.....KY optional but recommended.

AFOR
10-01-2007, 03:48 PM
To the person who started this post: You have asked all the right questions. We need more "In your face" people like you. If we get enough we may be able to take back our agency.

10-01-2007, 11:38 PM
Great post but reminds me of the department evaluations they asked us to complete awhile ago. We filled them out, turned them in and when the staff found how negative they were excuses were made and the things vanished. Has anyone seen the Chief in a briefing? Thought not. Rumor is he doesn't wanna hear it. Nice. By the way, guess we will have more openings when they run off the couple guys who can't work because of injury and ailment. Double standard is a hell of a thing.

10-08-2007, 11:17 AM
Update: Apparently someone at the agency has read the postings. They want to remind us that according to general orders we are not allowed to display stickers or alter our vehicles. Of course LPD 20 is the person who was tagged to do the dirty work. Still leaves all the other questions unanswered. Good thing we're not holding our breath for them!

Also in case you missed it the propaganda.com blog will be off the air for a week or so, well all but the flunkies who get to post the crime stats. I wonder if ACOP Hop-a-long Bill will be getting that robo-cop hip replacement he needs? Of course he'll have trouble passing through the metal detector when he goes through Logan airport on his way to another school in Boston. Maybe he'll take the newest ACOP who is not even authorized to carry a firearm with him....oh wait, he'll be too busy padding his resume or applying for a job south of here.

I'll fire a shot across that bow. Staff 4...is it... when you filled out your job application, did you check the box that said "Here for a relationship", "Just friends", or "Single and ready to mingle"? Would you prefer to actually be a leader in this agency, or just stand there and try and look pretty? I wonder, do you carry sexual harassment insurance like doctors carry mal-practice insurance?

Staff 2, don't get upset, you're next. Will you be taking an active role in this agency, or just stand by and let hop-a-long run the ship in the ground while the chief is sleeping in his cabin? Now, when hop-a-long becomes chiefy, will you still get to play with the big kids on the 3rd floor?

Oh and lets not forget ole Staff 1-General Counsel....or would he like to be addressed as his majesty, pope, or God almighty Roger Mallory. Hey Rog....lighten up on the roids....you sir are in need of some serious charm school. First off, since you make it very obvious that you work for the CHIEF....go bore him with your sharply tuned emails....you wanna point out how a cop should do the job feel free to check out a car and go ride the streets, after all we give out unmarked vehicles to non sworn personnel. I think watching you try to arrest someone would remind me of the phrase about a monkey and a football. *Legal disclaimer- Our legal advisor is the reason there are lawyer jokes!

Until next time, this has been a Staff Alert. Folks don't let me stop you, feel free to share your thoughts about your favorite staff member.

AFOR
10-08-2007, 02:08 PM
Not too much need for others to post. You are saying it all. Please don't stop.

I have also heard that staff reads these posts. If for no other reason we need to continue. In the last couple of months Lakeland LEO Affairs has exploded with activity. Put your thoughts and concerns on here, encourage others to do the same. Right now this is the best, and only, place we can say exactly what is on our minds. Eventually the right person or persons will see it. Maybe the same group that got rid of Sandvik. City Managers and high ranking officials are dropping like flies in Polk County.

10-08-2007, 07:13 PM
In regards to the above comment about the survey conducted a while back which "vanished" it's really starting to look like perhaps it would have been in the best interest of the staff to take that private survey to heart. Guess when you voice your concerns in a closed forum with the hopes that postive changes are made for all of us and are ignored or "not heard," you can do one of two things: 1.) Shut up and deal with it or, 2.) Raise you voice. This online forum is an opportunity for all of us to raise our voices. Sooner or later someone will listen. Thing about this though is that anyone with a computer can read the "Inside the LPD Officer's Mind Blog" I feel a coup or revolution coming on. It's time to take back our department and return it to the premier agency it once was, not so long ago mind you.

10-09-2007, 08:02 AM
Yes my fellow brothers and sisters in arms, I agree it's time for us to take back our department! I suggest the staff call 1-800 ask Gary, it's going to be ugly. Two of our brothers are already catching flack for standing up for what it obviously a negative attitude by General of the Counsel Mallory. Let’s not forget that often times it only takes the actions of one or two to inspire the movement of change! Anyone who has contact with these two, pass along to them to check out this site!

Hey Rog, are we going to be like HCSO and you're going to find a way to spend tax dollars to take LEO Affairs to court and get our information? I agree with the email put out....I miss Ted...and I feel sorry for poor Kim.

Not to scare anyone, but I’d like to point out that this is still a moderator controlled site, meaning that anyone who wants to “register” for the secret areas will have to give up some personal information. Be careful, it’s my understanding that the moderators could be ANYONE with this agency, and we already have one staff computer geek! Secondly as mentioned above, HCSO did attempt to take LEO Affairs to court to secure IP addresses. They lost and continued to lose that fight. In short DO NOT access this site from your issued computers, they don’t need a warrant to track where you’ve been on the department’s dime/time.

AFOR
10-15-2007, 03:21 AM
Because of the fact that there are no outlets for officers to address issues and we have no input in the agency, there is an emtremely high level of frustration. As a result we are getting thousands of views on topics officers feel are important. This website is on the lips of almost every sworn member in the ageny. So how does Staff treat this unprecedented level of free-flowing information? Is it accepted? Is it appreciated? Is it used for the valuable information that it is? Not on your life.

Yes, it is true that we are often our own worst enemy, bashing each other and individual officers instead of highlighting the non-caring tactics used by the staff.

Staff will not answer, or even acknowledge our questions or concerns. Instead they, or their do-boys, write on here trying to get us to tell them who we are. But they don't remind us that the entire appeal of the SWOT Survey and Patrol Inspection was the fact that we could say what we wanted without giving our names. But again, it doesn't matter, staff did not address the concerns brought out by those two items either. The only thing that happened was that Staff One got angry over the overwhelming agreement that he couldn't make a decision. He proved that he could by making one...he took away all of the SWAT Team's sidearms. That was as unneccesary as anything else he has done.

Everyone says what a nice guy he is, and that others are running the agency. Keep in mind that he is being paid to run the agency. What is going wrong at LPD is going wrong because he is allowing it to happen...every day. Keep writing, keep documenting. When this admin goes down and begins to fight for air, we can use the documentation of the SWOT Survey and Patrol Inspection (and maybe even these posts) to show that we told them what was wrong long ago, and they failed to act.

10-19-2007, 03:04 PM
If the job is beyond his capability why doesn't he admit it and step down. I'm sure his friends at the SAO will give him a job like they did Ivan. But that's not really the way things are done in the city of lakeland. Because he is a major failure, has ruined the reputation of our agency and the morale is the lowest it has been in decades, the city should give him a huge severance package and rehire him as a consultant for twice the money.

Lonewolf1
11-20-2007, 09:13 PM
It is certainly good to see that there are still some outspoken officers out there that tell it like it is. I share you pain after my 25 there. The talking points on right on the mark, even with the verbal flourish. There are many problems there, but keep charging and don't give in to the "suck".

AFOR
11-21-2007, 05:42 AM
In 1974 Stevie Wonder released an album with the below song. It is the most appropriate theme song I could imagine from LPD to Staff One.

"You Haven't Done Nothing"

We are amazed but not amused
By all the things you say that you'll do
Though much concerned but not involved
With decisions that are made by you

But we are sick and tired of hearing your song
Telling how you are gonna change right from wrong
'Cause if you really want to hear our views
"You haven't done nothing"!

It's not too cool to be ridiculed
But you brought this upon yourself
The world is tired of pacifiers
We want the truth and nothing else

And we are sick and tired of hearing your song

We would not care to wake up to the nightmare
That's become real life
But when misled who knows a person's mind
Can turn as cold as ice

Why do you keep on making us hear your song
Telling us how you are changing right from wrong

11-22-2007, 05:16 AM
In 1974 Stevie Wonder released an album with the below song. It is the most appropriate theme song I could imagine from LPD to Staff One.

"You Haven't Done Nothing"

We are amazed but not amused
By all the things you say that you'll do
Though much concerned but not involved
With decisions that are made by you

But we are sick and tired of hearing your song

It's not too cool to be ridiculed
But you brought this upon yourself
The world is tired of pacifiers
We want the truth and nothing else

And we are sick and tired of hearing your song

We would not care to wake up to the nightmare
That's become real life
But when misled who knows a person's mind
Can turn as cold as ice

Why do you keep on making us hear your song
Telling us how you are changing right from wrong

http://emoticons4u.com/happy/1074.gifhttp://emoticons4u.com/happy/1074.gifhttp://emoticons4u.com/happy/1074.gifhttp://emoticons4u.com/happy/1074.gifhttp://emoticons4u.com/happy/1074.gif encore!

11-27-2007, 12:58 AM
It has been very disappointing to say the least regarding the Chef. He has taken this department in a direction that is going nowhere. He has been the laziest and worst in making a true decision. He has put off backing his people when it mattered. Issues such as our pension, our raises, retro pay, heart and lung issues, and the list can go on and on.

I can't wait for the "Reign of Indecission" is over. I hope that whoever comes in next will be a real chief and not some person who hides from being a real cop.

My vote of no confidence.

11-27-2007, 01:20 AM
If the job is beyond his capability why doesn't he admit it and step down. I'm sure his friends at the SAO will give him a job like they did Ivan. But that's not really the way things are done in the city of lakeland. Because he is a major failure, has ruined the reputation of our agency and the morale is the lowest it has been in decades, the city should give him a huge severance package and rehire him as a consultant for twice the money.

Ivan was a good officer and I'm sure he will be a great asset to the SAO. If things are so bad and morale is so low and the chief is to blame, take it to the city commission or city manager. Look at Bartow PD.

11-27-2007, 03:01 AM
It has been very disappointing to say the least regarding the Chef. He has taken this department in a direction that is going nowhere. He has been the laziest and worst in making a true decision. He has put off backing his people when it mattered. Issues such as our pension, our raises, retro pay, heart and lung issues, and the list can go on and on.

I can't wait for the "Reign of Indecission" is over. I hope that whoever comes in next will be a real chief and not some person who hides from being a real cop.

My vote of no confidence.

I agree with Monkey-Boy. Except for the fact that the chief has not taken the department in any direction. He has allowed others to run it into the ground and make it a place of shame, when it was once a proud organization. Since we can't get a formal vote of no confidence, here is mine. Feel free to join us.

11-28-2007, 03:05 AM
[quote="Sinking Boat":3mnckg6m]If the job is beyond his capability why doesn't he admit it and step down. I'm sure his friends at the SAO will give him a job like they did Ivan. But that's not really the way things are done in the city of lakeland. Because he is a major failure, has ruined the reputation of our agency and the morale is the lowest it has been in decades, the city should give him a huge severance package and rehire him as a consultant for twice the money.

Ivan was a good officer and I'm sure he will be a great asset to the SAO. If things are so bad and morale is so low and the chief is to blame, take it to the city commission or city manager. Look at Bartow PD.[/quote:3mnckg6m]

Thanks for letting us know that the staff and their minions are still tuning in to and posting on LEO AFFAIRS. Sure Ivan was great if you were a part of "that FAMILY" otherwise more like Ivan The Terrible. Ask Simp and O.J. what kind of stand up cop he was. And now he is in the inner circle of the "ALLEGED" :wink: :wink: attempted cover up being investigated. Thanks for the laugh you Stooge.

11-28-2007, 02:58 PM
Yes Ivan was, and still is, part of the family. Now the family has an inside man in the SAO's office. And they are already using him to continue with their dirty work.

11-28-2007, 04:25 PM
Remember what you did back in 2001 Ivan. It's your turn in the hot box now. Karma is a b!%ch!!!

11-29-2007, 04:58 AM
What happened in 2001?

AFOR
12-02-2007, 03:39 AM
Ivan was part of a conspiracy to railroad two fine officers. Just because they were not doing things the way he, Boatner and another detective (now sgt) had done, but were taking massive amounts of drugs off the street. Everything doesn't have to be two controlled buys and a search warrant. But when they did it their way and embarassed Boatner and Ivan with their results, steps were taken, very successfully, to stop them. This conspiracy involved those three and the SAO. Kind of like the latest conspiracy which tried to protect a friend of the SAO. Its a little easier now that Ivan is nicely tucked away working for the SAO.

The most dangerous part thing we can do is to assume Boatner is just a nice guy who is over his head.