PDA

View Full Version : Sickness

10-01-2007, 02:33 AM
Hmmm a sick time pool for regular people. We've only been asking for that since how many years? Tell them what they have been telling us............ "NO!"

10-01-2007, 03:14 AM
Hmmm a sick time pool for regular people. We've only been asking for that since how many years? Tell them what they have been telling us............ "NO!"

Yes, it is about time that we got this in place. There are those people in the past who desperately needed this help, but the city refused. I'm glad that they are doing it now. Do you think that shoving this back at them is the wisest course to take? Hopefully you, or one of your close friends at the department won't be in need of your co-workers generosity some day.

10-01-2007, 02:13 PM

Yes, it is about time that we got this in place. There are those people in the past who desperately needed this help, but the city refused. I'm glad that they are doing it now. Do you think that shoving this back at them is the wisest course to take? Hopefully you, or one of your close friends at the department won't be in need of your co-workers generosity some day.

Its good to have in place, yes Im a little bitter at the city because they would never do this for us. Thats why I dont depend on them when Im in need. Thank goodness for Aflac, I've used it and it paid well. As far as the pool goes I dont have a problem giving my time to a sister or brother

10-01-2007, 08:33 PM
Its a great idea to have in place.
Ask any # of officers who have gotten hurt off duty and had to burn all their S/L
Did we ask in contract negotiations time and time again for this...Yes
Did they grant it...No
Either way, lets take it and use it correctly and wisely. Actually, I hope all of us NEVER have to use it
Be safe

10-08-2007, 04:03 PM
Its good to have in place, yes Im a little bitter at the city because they would never do this for us. Thats why I dont depend on them when Im in need. Thank goodness for Aflac, I've used it and it paid well. As far as the pool goes I dont have a problem giving my time to a sister or brother

Would you please clarify what you mean by sister or brother? Should I guess that means "officer" and not civilian?

10-09-2007, 12:31 AM

Would you please clarify what you mean by sister or brother? Should I guess that means "officer" and not civilian?

Slow ya roll sister were all family!!! geez sitting up there does make you a little testy! so its not a problem, as long as it stays in house. been here longer then you and it was much much worse back then so you can see why we're a little suspicious of the cities motive!!!!

10-09-2007, 03:20 AM
My roll is slow/ :D That's all I wanted to know.
ps- I highly doubt that you've been there longer than me.

10-10-2007, 11:55 PM
My roll is slow/ :D That's all I wanted to know.
ps- I highly doubt that you've been there longer than me.Let just say the BEE GEES were popular when I started here. Not that I listen to them, Id rather cut my wrist.

10-11-2007, 12:06 AM
Jimmy Carter was in office when I started. LOL!

10-11-2007, 12:13 AM
Jimmy Carter was in office when I started. LOL!
Ok so were pretty much even then! :cop:

dontavious
10-11-2007, 10:50 PM
Fidel Castro was in power when I started! Viva Cuba!

10-12-2007, 11:21 PM
Fidel Castro was in power when I started! Viva Cuba!

Yeah, that's about right. You act like you're 9 years old.

10-13-2007, 07:33 PM
Who cares who was in officer when you started ! I got stuck with W

11-10-2007, 04:47 AM

Lets not start any political debates Chris. After all it could be worse...you coulda gotten stuck with the Clintons

11-10-2007, 04:06 PM
Lazlo I am only going to say this because I care there are a lot of decaffinated brands out there that are just as tasty as the real thing.

11-11-2007, 03:47 AM
Great another bleeding heart liberal Dem...be careful what you wish for.

11-14-2007, 10:40 PM
When I started here Abe Lincoln was on his way to the theatre.

11-15-2007, 08:23 PM
Chris would you prepared if gravity reversed itself? The only thing I can't figure out is how to keep the change in my pockets. I've got it. Nudity.