PDA

View Full Version : detective division?

09-26-2007, 06:52 PM
i'm just curious as to your thoughts on the detective division there, I work for the S.O and heard we'd be joining forces shortly.

09-27-2007, 12:32 AM
Like frosted flakes,,,they RRRRRRRRRRRRRRR great!

seriously everyone gets along with each other here. Very little seperation between units. Some try to divide the untis but the group over there now is ggod guys. They come out on hot calls without being called and even run back ups for us now and then on the BS calls if we're all tied up.

09-27-2007, 01:28 PM
Yea those guys are great go getters, always sitting on go ready to leap at a chance to help thier other department members. I'm proud to say they are the best at what they do. They are all very agressive in thier duties and are always ready to go the extra mile. They are perfect role models for the rest of the department. They are all very proud of the Bartow Police Department. They are always more than willing to help. A group of professionals which cannot be matched or replaced.
Good job guys, your the Best.

10-04-2007, 04:47 PM
i believe only detectives posted a response here, because i know for a fact patrol dosent all feel that way about db. and whoever posted the comment about db backing us up and comming to hot calls, what the f@!% are you talking about. i cant even get the oncall to come out when needed.

10-04-2007, 05:28 PM
The orignal guys was a troll. everyone new the detectives were posting. stop being a troll bait and responding to peoples games.

10-05-2007, 11:01 AM
Must not really be a supervisor. The fact is, we have to respond when you ask, whether or not we agree with it. And another little fact, just because you dont always see the detective, doesn't mean he didn't respond and was in the area if needed. We are here for our brothers and sisters in patrol. We have never, denied help to anyone, ever.

10-05-2007, 12:37 PM
i will say i have seen all but one of the detectives come out and help when something big goes down on day shift. and every now and again there are maybe two that would help out if you called them at night. but that one D.R. ive heard he has made the comments its not my job to help or patrol work is below me. his attitude is well known amongst the patrol division and it wont be forgotten. i think its time he comes back and gets him a couple days of humpin calls, i wasn't here then but i heard he was a bit%$ on the road any way.

10-05-2007, 12:57 PM
I dont know where you are getting your information but DR is a great Detective and a great leader of this department. He will go out of his way to help. He is always the first step up and help. He has never said anythng which would lead people to believe he is above patrol work. He would gladly go back to patrol in a heartbeat, and be one of the best. He is the master at solving cases, especially the truly difficult ones. He will be the first to strap on a patrol uniform and be there for the patrol folks. DR is the best. Keep up the great work you are doing and please continue to be the leader you are being for this department DR, it will be what you are remembered for.

10-05-2007, 05:16 PM
see folks even DR is not above tooting his own horn you selfish, pompous, A$$ the only one who could belive what you wrote is you the rest of us are not buying your bs

10-05-2007, 11:32 PM
No, I have never been one to hide my feelings or thoughts as others have. Its really too bad. I will compare my stats on the road to anyone elses anytime. When I worked the road, I enjoyed it immensely and shared a friendship with my squad that just doesn't seem to exist anymore.

I have and do respond as much as any one else in DB to hot calls, and those words have never come out of my mouth. But you can believe what you will, it doesn't effect me other than to sadden me on what some have become.

If you have a problem, why not be a man or woman and approach me instead of hiding like a coward. I get along with 95% of the patrol division; however, there will always be a few who have a bone to pick. Ya know its funny, I always thought my worst was with a guy named Peter Wiley, but the fact is, he would never print something like that, even if he did believe it. He is just a little more professional than that. Lately, it seems we have both tried to let by gone be by gones. You however, obviously have a problem with me. Thats fine and I cant change your mind over night. Just keep in mind, when you call for help I will be there. When you wake me at 2 am, i will respond and not have a negative word to say. And when your in trouble, ill have your back. Too bad you cant say the same.

Detective Reynolds

10-06-2007, 12:02 AM
to bpd3?? why are you hiding your name and no im not DR. you are a child, i cant believe that you work the road and that you are responsible for saving the lives of others. i for one wouldnt trust you with my life. you are ignorant. you know nothing about DR AND YOUR POST MADE THAT CLEAR. grow up and grow some b@lls. go cry to someone who cares. ill never get the minute back of my life that i spent reading your made up post.

10-06-2007, 01:11 AM
Look at all the posts in the last month which are critical of the detectives. The writer, although the name changes, writes the same in every post. Hmm wonder who it could be.

Glad to see you wanting to change things and start on a fresh positive note. Way to go, you should be proud.

10-06-2007, 09:18 AM
I agree with you, it sounds like someone wants to be a detective. Reynolds you have always been good to me.Don't let anyone tell you otherwise. There is a lot of bitterness going around. Keep up the good work There are a lot of us that lurve ya!

10-06-2007, 01:12 PM
I certainly appreciate the kind words. I honestly have tried to help all of us officers whenever I could. From being a steward, to negotiating, to pleading our case to the commisioners, to sitting on the pension board. I have always tried to be actively involved and better the workplace. Its just a shame others dont see that and want to further subvert our efforts to make BPD strong again.

10-08-2007, 01:42 PM
Reynolds, you are the best thing since sliced bread!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Griffy

10-08-2007, 04:15 PM
I am awed and inspired by your dedication to BPD Dave. You are truely an inspiration.

11-27-2007, 12:30 AM
Speaking of detective division, what has happened with BPD's narcotic division? Any plans to start that up in the near future?

12-28-2007, 11:50 PM
NOPE!!!!! WE DON'T HAVE A NARCOTICS PROBLEM IN THIS CITY.

01-05-2008, 03:12 AM
WE HAVE THE SAME NARCOTICS PROBLEM THAT AUBURNDALE P.D. HAD WITH THEIR LAST CHIEF...

01-05-2008, 01:15 PM
Dont worry gang you will have a narco unit when the Pope takes over and puts Larry in charge full time LOL !!!

01-05-2008, 08:09 PM
My bad. I didn't realize Bartow DIDN'T have a drug problem. By the way, if there is no drug problem then perhaps there is no longer a need for the K-9 Units? Or a police department. Let's just save all kinds of money and forget contracting with PCSO too!!

When will the people running the city get their heads out of the sand and realize that they need to equip their department and properly train their officers to do their jobs? I would like for all of BPD to know that I appreciate the job you do!

02-01-2008, 12:50 PM
DB sucks!!!!!!!!!!!!

02-02-2008, 12:19 AM
So does you mother, and atleast DB doesnt have crabs

leobpd
02-02-2008, 09:50 PM
I personally believe the detective division has done an outstanding job recently. They showed great dedication with the S5 and it payed off. It takes a very strong willed person to commit that much time to a cause. The family that lost that child has the detectives to thank for bringing there son's killer to justice.

02-04-2008, 07:24 PM
I personally believe the ENTIRE POLICE DEPARTMENT has done an outstanding job recently. They showed great dedication with the S5 and it payed off. It takes a GREAT POLICE DEPARTMENT IN ITS ENTIRETY DEDICATED TO TEAM WORK to commit that much time to a cause. The family that lost that child has the ENTIRE POLICE DEPARTMENT to thank for bringing there son's killer to justice.

02-06-2008, 01:42 AM
I personally think youre full of shit!,,,,what did anyone do other than the detectives in the investigation? Give credit where credit is do-don't cheapin' it!

02-06-2008, 02:22 PM
I agree with Guest. It is a TEAM EFFORT. NO one part of the pd is above the other. while we are out working patrol so detetcives dont have too, they are out taking care of buidness.les noty get all egotistical and thank any of us do it all outsleves.be a team player, other wuise when things go bad in db and they cant solve a crime then it is ALL there fault (you know the case i am talking about).when we do good we all do good, when we dont do so good there is plenty to share also.

TEAMWORK.

02-09-2008, 03:35 AM
You call your 5 and 0 "Team" a Detective Bureau? Haw! what a bunch of Dumb Ba$turd$. You all look like a bunch of bumbling idiots against real detectives.

You guys act like your doubles on T.V. Kojak, Barney Fife,Sledger Hammer,Det.Robert Goren, and Cannon.

America's Dumbiest Cops! If there were only such a show, five of you
"Daytime Defectives"would be on it.

02-12-2008, 12:58 AM
This subject is tired, new slide please

02-12-2008, 11:33 PM
You call your 5 and 0 "Team" a Detective Bureau? Haw! what a bunch of Dumb Ba$turd$. You all look like a bunch of bumbling idiots against real detectives.

You guys act like your doubles on T.V. Kojak, Barney Fife,Sledger Hammer,Det.Robert Goren, and Cannon.

America's Dumbiest Cops! If there were only such a show, five of you
"Daytime Defectives"would be on it.

Five and O, put your name to this,,betcha wont! You may come back with something snappy, funny or nasty, but I'll betcha don't put your name to it! Humor me!

02-23-2008, 04:51 AM
now now Fewos! you awr not bewing vewy nice. You know we cwan not gwive names to the pwabwic vuewers on fis wefsite. I am a Pwofesional
man and you not being vewy powhite.

03-05-2008, 06:32 AM
Is this the kind of thing you guys and or gals do while you're supposed to be patroling Bartow? You know, all those high crime areas that need patrolling.......under the trees at the former C&C bank, in front of Whit's Building Supply, in front of Oak Hill Cemetary? There are some good guys in your department but the one's who come here and post petty bs back and forth make me glad I don't live in Bartow anymore.

03-09-2008, 02:41 PM
we're glad you dont too.

03-18-2008, 02:46 AM
we're glad you dont too.

Wow, thanks for such an intelligent statement. You keep on proving yourself a fine example of the high standards Bartow folks have set for themselves and their community.
Like I said there are good officers within the Bartow PD, but coming on a site and complaining and insulting your fellow officers accomplishes nothing. I find it somewhat amusing that LEO's come on here and say things they'd never have the guts to say to someone's face. I can see having a problem with members of brass that you don't want to make public but if you have an issue with a fellow officer then address it, end it and move on.

03-18-2008, 11:51 AM
This is a site for police officers. Not for civilians that have an ax to grind. We are doing our best and we don't really need former members of the city to come here and put us down (we can do that ourselves). You identified yourself as a civilian and a police officer.

IF you truly are a civilian please go away.

If you are a disgruntled former police that ran away because things were too tough, or left for greener pastures: please post your name (since berated others here that don't).

As a police officer I understand why others don't.....

03-22-2008, 04:51 PM
This is a site for police officers. Not for civilians that have an ax to grind. We are doing our best and we don't really need former members of the city to come here and put us down (we can do that ourselves). You identified yourself as a civilian and a police officer.

IF you truly are a civilian please go away.

If you are a disgruntled former police that ran away because things were too tough, or left for greener pastures: please post your name (since berated others here that don't).

As a police officer I understand why others don't.....

Q. Is this site just for Law Enforcement Officers?
A. While LEOAFFAIRS.COM™ is designed for Law Enforcement Officers, it is also accessible to the general public. As a result, it is an open system. We will also, from time-to-time, create areas for special groups related to law enforcement (i.e. Spouse Support Message Board, Dispatchers Message Board, etc.). Citizens are more than welcome to access the site and even to post in the Message Boards as long as they meet our Terms of Use, their actions are reasonable and they do not interfere with the presence of our target audience.

First off, not once did I identify myself as a police officer because I'm not. While my original post may have been in a sarcastic nature it was still a legitimate question. I was born and raised in Bartow and only moved away 3 years ago. Not one bit of my first post in regards to where officers have "hung out" is false. I am very familiar with your agency, it's "issues" over the years and why certain officers are no longer employed there. I came across this site and while reading through it, I was surprised at how the officer's whom we are supposed to respect, could be so disrespectful to each other. I don't see how voicing that as an opinion constitutes my having an ax to grind. Being that Bartow is my hometown and I lived there for 23 years, I do hold it's citizens and officers to a high standard. I guess it's my fault for not realizing that members of a brotherhood could be so disrespectful and derogatory towards each other. Seeing how my immediate family lives in Bartow, I find this site rather informative as to the character of some of the officers who protect them. I have named no names, insulted no one person (as you stated, you guys can do that yourselves) and I'm told to go away by and officer because I stated my opinion and asked questions just as everyone else here does. For the third time I will state, there are some great men and women who work for Bartow PD and let me just add, to those of you I am thankful. I'm not a cop hater and have never been on the other side of the law so no ax in that department either. In fact, I've been married to a police officer for almost 5 years and I know first hand how discord among officer's can only tear an agency down. If you're not strong and unified at your core then how do you expect to grow? My husband's agency is on here and so are those of our friends and there is a lot of the same animosity towards one another on their boards as well. I'm not naive to the fact that there will always be negativity but when you don't get along with someone who quite possible could save your life, I find that kind of scary and disheartening.

03-24-2008, 04:25 PM
I CALL B.S. on your last post.

You purposefuly talked about places that per our policy we are directed to be while typing, breaking, or just sitting. You did so in an insulting manner that was meant to let everybody know how your on the in side.

Then when the other poster called you on it you backtracked and tried to dig urself out of a whole.

If your not a cop then your NOT A COP. You might be married to one and have your own cross to bare, but that does not make you a police officer.

Growth is money/resource driven not about holding hands.

You are so naive, you dont even know you are naive.

A professional police officer can run another one down, talk about his momma etc BUT wen that officer needs sig35 will be thefirst one there to watch his back...THAT IS THE BROTHERHOOD-not the fantasy world you are talking about.

04-12-2008, 05:28 PM
I have been looking at posts,just out of curiosity,no malice intended,and I have seen allot of civilians bashing the officers. I get why the officers come on here and bash each other and their p.d's , to me it seems more like a stress reliever then a serious intent to make others look or feel bad. All the officers,no matter what p.d or department have highly stressful jobs and just like in any community,there are good and bad. I have met officers who clearly showed the didn't give a crap,but only a few. I have met more officers that cared about the people and doing their jobs to the best of their abilities then I have those who didn't care. Coming on this board and being a jerk to them is not going to do anything but make them feel that the citizens of Polk county don't give a hoot about them and see them in a bad way. If you do not live here anymore, then do not bash the officers of Polk county. I do live here and think they are doing a great job with what they have to work with. How do you know what is what in PC if you no longer live here. I watched my brothers bash each other when we were growing up,just as my children bashed each other growing up, it is called sibling rivalry, It is no different for those officers whom are brothers and sisters in law enforcement. Leave them alone, I am glad I have each and every one of them patrolling our streets keeping us safe, I find them all great and feel they do a great job.

And no, I am not a LEO, I am a citizen in Polk, but I am not going to come on here and flush their morale down the crapper either.

04-20-2008, 04:57 AM
I can see where the former citizen is coming from, as I've met my share of not so professional officers. ThankfulPolkCitizen, there is a difference between Polk County Sheriff's Office and Bartow Police Department and this is the BPD board. While some people may come here to "bash" officers, others do come to keep up with the comings and goings and "gossip" of these angencies. The true bashings here are in fact done by officers here and it is unprofessional, brotherhood or not. Working in any setting of the legal field requires demands a lot on individuals both mental and physical and I for one, believe there are better ways to do so than to come on here and belittle one another. Bartow's police department has got a lot of changes headed their way and I would like to see them back on their feet. I don't think PCSO should come in, it takes away from the community and the officers of BPD themselves.

04-24-2008, 05:20 PM
I can see where the former citizen is coming from, as I've met my share of not so professional officers. ThankfulPolkCitizen, there is a difference between Polk County Sheriff's Office and Bartow Police Department and this is the BPD board. While some people may come here to "bash" officers, others do come to keep up with the comings and goings and "gossip" of these angencies. The true bashings here are in fact done by officers here and it is unprofessional, brotherhood or not. Working in any setting of the legal field requires demands a lot on individuals both mental and physical and I for one, believe there are better ways to do so than to come on here and belittle one another. Bartow's police department has got a lot of changes headed their way and I would like to see them back on their feet. I don't think PCSO should come in, it takes away from the community and the officers of BPD themselves.

WOW, ok, I re-read my post several times and did not see any where in there anything about PCSO, I know which board this is and I was just pointing out that bashing the officers for how they do their jobs is not going to help... I would think that citizens dropping in to tell them waht a crappy job they are doing would just send morale right down the drain.. Oh but then, you seem to think im so dumb I do not know what board im on...... you can say what you want to, and I will still give the officers my thumbs up,no mater what pd they work for.

05-13-2008, 04:07 AM
There is actually a written policy that officers must sit at the Probation Office parking lot or under trees at C&C? Odd. Seems like some high crime neighborhoods could better benefit from the presence.

05-13-2008, 11:08 AM
First, No there is no policy prohibitng sitting in those areas. However, there is a policy on timely report submission.

You must be one of those citizens that think cops arent allowed to eat and scowl at us if we are getting some food or a drink from the local market.

Ever consider that cops sit there becuase its an area you CAN see while they write their reports? You know almost every call we go on a report is written. Ever consider we are working not goofing off? Why don't use come and ride along and find out instead of shooting your mouth off about somthing you no nothing about.

Cops are humans too. Imagine how you would feel after responding to an accident and seeing a baby critically injured, or anybody for that matter. Ever figure maybe the cop is just getting his bearings? Ever figure anything other than the cop is being lazy!

05-13-2008, 01:00 PM
Actually, Bartow's policy basically states that an officer will park in a well traveled area so that they can be seen by a citizen that might need directions or police aid.

But as the above poster stated, most people just decide the officer is just being lazy......

06-01-2008, 03:51 PM
kSo7S1 dteofainlxqn (http://dteofainlxqn.com/), hwcgkhyjswjg (http://hwcgkhyjswjg.com/), zmjgmeseulwb, http://nojnoqdlcrpn.com/

06-04-2008, 03:33 PM
CsOYqM tcdhomffmbbb (http://tcdhomffmbbb.com/), snutathfcfqo (http://snutathfcfqo.com/), exiqhxkjmnuc, http://dcwoteikbxgl.com/