PDA

View Full Version : How lucky we have it...

09-26-2007, 06:52 PM
In today's paper in the "other views" section

Here's the link

http://www2.tbo.com/content/2007/sep/26 ... its-home1/ (http://www2.tbo.com/content/2007/sep/26/na-the-war-hits-home1/)

09-26-2007, 07:11 PM
I spoke with Diane's brother yesterday. He said she has a broken leg, broken arm, colapsed lung, and shrapnel wounds all over her body. She took 3 blood transfussions just before being flown to Germany. She was transfered to Washington yesterday in critical but stable condition. For those of you who don't know her, she worked as a HCSO deputy for several years before coming to Tampa Police about a year ago. Our thoughts and prayers are with her.

09-27-2007, 05:09 AM
Is there anything on the roll call boards about this? I work at TPD but our unit doesnt hold the traditional roll calls. Just curious if there is anything on there about her situation. Hope the dept. didnt forget about her

09-28-2007, 08:12 PM
nothing has been said at roll calls at all. I heard from a friend of mine. I worked with her at the SO and went through the crossover academy with her. Diane is a really good person and we should see what we can do to help out in anyway.

J Hollenbeck
09-28-2007, 08:57 PM
TPD doesn't care about military reservists. The only reason that reservists get what they get is because the city has to follow federal laws. Shamefully, there has been nothing on the roll call boards about this. My heart goes out to her and her family. Get well, Diane.

09-29-2007, 12:57 AM
God speed on your recovery Diane. Your family of blue have you in our prayers.

Thank you and all military service personnel for all you do for our Country.

God Bless America

09-29-2007, 02:07 AM
Diane is an awesome person. Too bad she got deployed so soon after the FTEP that she wasn't known better by the rest of the department.

Thanks to all in the US military!!!!!!!

09-29-2007, 07:47 AM
TPD doesn't care about military reservists. The only reason that reservists get what they get is because the city has to follow federal laws.

BS.

TPD isn't required by law to give us 15 days of paid military leave per year in addition to our annual and sick leave. They do anyway. They're just required to let us take the time off without pay. TPD isn't required by law to pay any difference in our military base salary as compared to our TPD base salary if we are activated but they do anyway. TPD and the city has very reserve friendly policies in place. They are much better than many other places out there.

10-01-2007, 06:23 AM
If anyone has a mailing address for her, can they post on roll call or advise dispatch. I'd like to send a care package or something. Do NOT post any address here, please (I know-it goes without saying).

10-01-2007, 06:02 PM
good idea about the mailing address, Our squad would like to send her something. Anyway, maybe the PIO should notify someone. How pathetic

J Hollenbeck
10-04-2007, 12:26 PM
Hey douche bag, its not 15 days reservists get, its 17. Read the contract book. And the only reason the city "gives" those benefits is because its a government municipality. Meaning; it only does so because the Federal Gov't. has a high stake in its reservists being treated fairly well in their regular jobs. The Fed looks to all local governments (who often rely on federal grants, anyone would be a fool to think that Tampa doesn't) to set a good example of how to treat military reserves/guard employees, so that the private sector, may follow suit. So, in a since, they don't HAVE to do much, but you are naive to think otherwise. Don't drink the Kool-aid just yet, Junior.

On another note, I am really sorry that this thread turned into this. Diane, again, I do not know you, but still wish you the very best recovery.

10-04-2007, 12:31 PM
Hey douche bag, its not 15 days reservists get, its 17

How unprofessional!

J Hollenbeck
10-04-2007, 09:33 PM
Unprofessional? Calling someone out with misinformation is unprofessional. More than that, its down right stupid. So, before you judge me, look to the post I responded to. "Douche bag" is quite the appropriate response.

"If you don't like my answers, then stop asking scary questions." Samuel Jackson, Pulp Fiction

10-05-2007, 12:02 AM
So the guy said the city gives 15 days instead of 17 and that makes him a douchebag? I got the point of his post and that was that TPD is more friendly to reservists than lots of other businesses. 17 instead of 15 days goes to prove that even further.

10-05-2007, 07:50 AM
Women should not be in combat. For obvious reasons. It endangers the female soldier and everyone in the battalion.

For God sakes America wake up and lets get back to reality.

10-05-2007, 01:06 PM
Women should not be in combat...police work encompasses combat. Are you prepared to tell your fellow female officer your opinion?

10-05-2007, 02:07 PM
You know it's sad that this thread has turned into a debate on contract issues and whether or not women should being fighting in combat. The whole point in me starting this thread was to inform you that one of our own had gotten seriously injuried over there fighting for our freedom. Also, not everyone reads the paper and unfortunately there hasn't been any info on rollcall boards about it (at least not in D1). Not everyone is going to agree on certain issues, yet at least we can do is put aside our own personal feelings and give support to those that have been hurt over there....especially if it is one of our own officers.