PDA

View Full Version : Newest Deputy Chief

09-26-2007, 03:08 AM
Can anyone shed some light on why the civilian police chief has red and blue lights in his car even though he is not a sworn officer? Further, if he is the ACOP over the Administrative Services Bureau, why is that he always seems to have his hand in the sworn issues?

09-26-2007, 09:39 AM
Can anyone shed some light on why the civilian police chief has red and blue lights in his car even though he is not a sworn officer? Further, if he is the ACOP over the Administrative Services Bureau, why is that he always seems to have his hand in the sworn issues?

Standby inquisitive one, just standby, sorry I can't be more specific.....remember this post in the weeks to come and STANDBY :D

09-26-2007, 10:32 PM
GEE, HE GETS THE CAR FOR THE SAME REASON HE GETS TO PICK AND CHOOSE WHO GETS SPONSORED IN THE ACADEMY. AT LEAST TWO OF HIS PICKS DIDN'T CUT IT IN THE ACADEMY AND WERE STILL HIRED ON HERE..........

DO YOU REALLY THINK HE'S NON SWORN? I THINK THEY SLID HIM IN SO WE COULD HAVE A MINORITY DEPUTY CHIEF.

IT'S JUST A MATTER OF TIME BEFORE HE FLIRTS WITH THE WRONG WOMAN...........CATCH MY DRIFT

AFOR
09-26-2007, 11:22 PM
Here's another question about him...is it true he used his city vehicle to travel back and forth to his property in Miami during some fairly recent bad weather?

How can a non-sworn civilian be placed as acting chief? Especially when the other DCOPS are available? Oh that's right..he is sworn. Just not here. Feel free to ask him what his PCSO Badge number is.

09-27-2007, 02:20 AM
Call me stupid AFOR, but when you state "PCSO" do you mean Polk County Sheriff's Office???? If so, what the heck is going on here????

AFOR
09-27-2007, 03:46 AM
Yes, Polk County Sheriff's Office.

09-27-2007, 04:26 AM
Standby guys, just hold this topic in your mind in the near future. Some very powerful people have an ace in their pockets and it's about to get very ugly. We'll have to wait and see how the talking heads will attempt to silence the proverbial gunshots that are about to ring out at LPD. Stay tuned, grab a lawn chair, crack open a beer......I'll check on the burgers on the grill. I'll be handing out sparklers for you guys to hold while we all watch the City fireworks explode about 100 yards north northwest of Lake Mirror. I know this probably doesn't make much sense to some, sorry.

09-27-2007, 09:06 AM
Do tell ... what is his PCSO "badge" number?????

09-27-2007, 02:07 PM

09-27-2007, 10:14 PM
Even if he is finally shown the door he has already caused long term damage for years to come by his manipulation of the last sgt.'s list. Hopefully the previous poster has legit info and hopefully it will involve more staff then a celebration will really be in order.

09-28-2007, 12:11 AM
seems he can have "relations" with his subordinates also and get away with it.
i checked on the pcso badge number and he doest have one, although there are ways to hide what comes up on the computers. for example their undercover personell dont come up on the computers.
i think im going to need two burgers for this fireworks show.

AFOR
09-28-2007, 01:28 AM
It was my understanding that he was listed as a reserve deputy with PCSO, which is how he maintains his standards.

He causes damage with his manipulation of the sgt's list and the hiring process. He is very "hands on" with female employees. He rarely tries to hide it. At one time he spent alot of time in Records.

09-28-2007, 02:07 AM
NOW HE SPENDS THAT TIME IN GSS....
I SEEM TO REMEMBER A RECORDS CLERK BEING MOVED TO GSS RECENTLY....HMMMMMM
HE MAY KEEP HIS STANDARDS BUT HOW ABOUT MIXING IN SOME CLASS...

09-28-2007, 11:26 AM
Grady moving in on LPD gang, with the reserve deputy chief ???

AFOR
09-28-2007, 04:13 PM
Hmmm...is that the same former custodian's daughter that he spent so much time hanging over in Records?

09-28-2007, 07:52 PM
THE SOON TO BE RELEASED NEWS IS SEVERAL MONTHS OLD.
I ENCOURAGE EVERYONE TO LOOK INTO THAT PARTICULAR CHIEFS PAST. VERY DISTURBING..
AFTER THIS INFO SURFACES I WOULD ASK THAT SOMEONE LOOK AT HIS ORIGINAL APPLICATION AND SEE IF HE LISTED THAT "INCIDENT" ON THE APPLICATION...I WOULD GUESS NOT.
IS THEIR A CHINK IN THE ARMOUR.

09-28-2007, 08:44 PM
If he lied on his application that is no big deal here at LPD. That all depends on who you are. I hear that a recently promoted Sgt. allegedly used to make a living pole dancing at a fine establishment just over the county line. When called on this she claimed that she was just a "shot girl not a dancer" and that was the end of it. No further digging even though allegedly some people had seen her perform.

09-28-2007, 09:46 PM
I'm guessing the one with more last names than a mexican on Wabash? I'm sorry I missed that performance!!

09-30-2007, 04:05 AM
My, my my, what is this? I just get a laugh at you guys that are always talking about being treated the same. You know as well as I know that it depends on who you are and what you may to offer the "Famlies". I get tired that some people can get away with some things, and others nothing. I will just say that there is a Sgt. that I hear has been sleeping with one of his subordinates, even before she became a LPD officer, but I hear nothing of that.

You guys used to be the best, but I see that you are back to the what about me era and not just doing your job.

Just remember the bad guys don't even care or worry about this stuff.

Stay Safe.

10-01-2007, 11:48 PM
If he lied on his application that is no big deal here at LPD. That all depends on who you are. I hear that a recently promoted Sgt. allegedly used to make a living pole dancing at a fine establishment just over the county line. When called on this she claimed that she was just a "shot girl not a dancer" and that was the end of it. No further digging even though allegedly some people had seen her perform.I had hoped the pole dancing line of crap had passed as, just that, crap. Having some, granted little, familiarity with this person I am confident that is not true. Maybe the people who "witnessed" these dances should come forward and settle this. Until that happens I still believe it's crap and should be dropped, should have been dropped long ago. Isn't there enough to talk about at this place?

10-02-2007, 09:55 PM
Guest 08 must be sniffing around it to. If you don't have anything to offer in the way of career advancement or possibly are of some great lineage you should probably sniff elsewhere. I really don't understand why all you people are so enthralled by something that any of you can buy your own wife or girlfriend for about $5,000. Work some O/T and make it happen.

10-03-2007, 09:17 PM
Guest 08 must be sniffing around it to. If you don't have anything to offer in the way of career advancement or possibly are of some great lineage you should probably sniff elsewhere. I really don't understand why all you people are so enthralled by something that any of you can buy your own wife or girlfriend for about $5,000. Work some O/T and make it happen.?

10-08-2007, 10:56 PM
SIG 48
SIG 22D
ASK AROUND....
PULL THE APPLICATION AND THE POLYGRAPH... OF THATS RIGHT HE DIDNT TAKE A POLYGRAPH.. HMMMM

10-09-2007, 12:33 PM
I'm guessing the one with more last names than a mexican on Wabash? I'm sorry I missed that performance!!

Once again, an attempted cheap shot at a Sgt who has more class and knowledge than the cowards hiding behind their computers. If you feel this way tell it in open forum or does it go back to "COWARDS." To say she is one of the best or the best Sgt at LPD is an understatement. I know the responses (she's sleeping with this guy or he is sniffing around it or he is new, sorry thats not true) it is professional work environment, something you would not understand. Stay strong Sgt. real cops are in your corner.

AFOR
10-09-2007, 01:47 PM
"Cheap Shot"? yes. "Best Sgt at LPD"?
You have got to be kidding.

10-10-2007, 03:31 PM
So...where is the information on Staff Four?

10-11-2007, 06:40 AM
YEA , YOU HEARD RIGHT SHE IS ONE OF THE BEST SGT'S AT L.P.D. SHE LOOKS OUT FOR HER PEOPLE AND IS NOT AFRAID TO ASK A QUESTION OR TO STAND UP FOR HER PEOPLE. BET YOU ALL WISH YOU COULD WORK FOR SOMEBODY LIKE THAT

10-11-2007, 08:16 PM

Once again, an attempted cheap shot at a Sgt who has more class and knowledge than the cowards hiding behind their computers. If you feel this way tell it in open forum or does it go back to "COWARDS." To say she is one of the best or the best Sgt at LPD is an understatement. I know the responses (she's sleeping with this guy or he is sniffing around it or he is new, sorry thats not true) it is professional work environment, something you would not understand. Stay strong Sgt. real cops are in your corner.

Takes a real cop to know one.

10-12-2007, 01:14 AM
YEA , YOU HEARD RIGHT SHE IS ONE OF THE BEST SGT'S AT L.P.D. SHE LOOKS OUT FOR HER PEOPLE AND IS NOT AFRAID TO ASK A QUESTION OR TO STAND UP FOR HER PEOPLE. BET YOU ALL WISH YOU COULD WORK FOR SOMEBODY LIKE THAT

I guess, if you call getting in a shouting match with another Sgt. in front of the troops during briefing "standing up for your peeps". Reeks of inexperience & unprofessionalism to me. At any rate u appear to be a rookie and your opinion will be treated as such. Feel free to seek out any experienced officer, who is a cop and not a puppet, with a few years on and see what they think.

10-12-2007, 01:42 AM
GUYS,

I'VE BEEN DOING THIS JOB FOR 20+ YRS. I HAVE WORKED FOR MANY SUPERVISORS BOTH AT LPD AND PCSO (POLK COUNTY S.O.). I WAS VERY HESITANT ABOUT THE SGT THAT YOU REFER TO IN YOUR POSTS AND HOW SHE WOULD DO. I FULLY EXPECTED HER TO FALL FLAT ON HER FACE AND I WOULD HAVE BEEN THE 1ST ONE THERE TO SAY "I TOLD YOU SO." I EVEN WENT TO HER THE 1ST ON OUR SHIFT AND TOLD HER THAT. I TOLD HER THAT I DID NOT HAVE MUCH CONFIDENCE IN HER ABILITY TO SUPERVISE. SHE LISTENED AND THEN SHOWED ME DIFFERENTLY.

UNFORTUANTELY I WAS PROOVED WRONG AND I HAD TO FACE THAT FACT. I HAVE NO SPECIAL REASON FOR SAYING THESE THINGS ONLY THAT ITS TRUE. I FOUND HER TO BE VERY COMPETENT AND SHE DOESN'T HAVE TO DEFEND HERSELF SHE JUST SHOWS UP FOR WORK AND THE EVIDENCE IS THERE. SHE IS ONE OF THE FEW SUPERVISORS WHO IS NOT AFRAID TO ASK A SENIOR OFFICER'S OPINION WHEN SOMETHING COMES BY THAT SHE HASN'T DEALT WITH YET. NO ONE CAN KNOW EVERYTHING. I STILL CALL MY FRIENDS IN CID AND SID ABOUT THINGS. DOES THIS MEAN THAT I CAN'T DO THE JOB? NO! I JUST WANT TO GET IT RIGHT AND SO DOES SHE.

I WILL WORK FOR HER ANY TIME ANY PLACE. THIS TOPIC IS REALLY NOT GOING TO CHANGE THE WORLD ANYWAY. LETS MOVE ON TO THINGS THAT ARE REALLY PROBLEMS AND TRY TO GET LPD BACK TO BEING THE NUMBER 1 DEPT AGAIN. OUR GRIPES ARE WITH UPPER MANAGEMENT AND THE CITY. CAN WE PLEASE STOP CHEAP SHOTS ON MIDDLE MANAGEMENT.

WETHER YOUR STATEMENTS ARE TRUE OR NOT (I HIGHLY DOUBT SO) MY JUDGEMENT RESTS ON CAN SHE DO THE JOB NOW! MY EXPERIENCE IS "YES" AND SHE DOES STAND UP FOR HER PEOPLE WHEN THE OTHER GUYS ARE TRYING TO CUT YOU IN THE BACK.

REMEMBER, YOU JUST MIGHT NEED A FRIEND ONE DAY.

10-12-2007, 01:51 AM
JUST TO SET THE RECORD STRAIGHT FOR YOU MR. GUEST, I HAVE BEEN AT L.P.D. FOR OVER 18 YEARS AND HAVE 22 PLUS DOING THIS JOB , SO IF THATS A ROOKIE TO YOU THEN I WOULD BE PROUD TO BE CALLED ONE. YES YOU DID READ MY COMMENTS CORRECTLY SHE IS ONE OF THE BEST I HAVE WORKED FOR AND I WOULD WORK FOR ANYTIME.

10-26-2007, 08:32 AM
Several years ago a very qualified LEO with over 18 years of experience was applying to LPD. After passing everything and just an interview left the new Deputy Chief decided that someone who was falsely accused of sexual harassment was not welcomed at LPD and stopped the whole hiring process. A week later he gets in the elevator with an officer who does not know who he is an makes the same type of inappropriate comments to her. Is this only appropriate for him to do?

10-27-2007, 01:14 PM
Yes, no matter what, we will hire him. He will continue to behave this way, but he's our problem now. There goes your retirement money, the city is going to have to pay someone a big fat settlement for a sexual harrassment case when all this could have been prevented by not hiring him in the first place.

Why would we hire a non sworn person to be a deputy chief? hmmmmm

10-31-2007, 10:03 AM
If you guys look at your own website, it states that he has worked as a police officer in Miami and held executive positions. He is sworn!

10-31-2007, 02:03 PM
Do you actually believe what is on the LPD Website? He is not in a sworn LPD position. He is not considered a sworn Deputy Chief.

10-31-2007, 03:23 PM
OUR NEWEST DEPUTY CHIEF JUST RECRUITED A NEW PIECE OF MEAT AWAY FROM ANOTHER AGENCY. CHECK IT OUT FOR YOURSELF.

10-31-2007, 04:34 PM
Standby guys, just hold this topic in your mind in the near future. Some very powerful people have an ace in their pockets and it's about to get very ugly. We'll have to wait and see how the talking heads will attempt to silence the proverbial gunshots that are about to ring out at LPD. Stay tuned, grab a lawn chair, crack open a beer......I'll check on the burgers on the grill. I'll be handing out sparklers for you guys to hold while we all watch the City fireworks explode about 100 yards north northwest of Lake Mirror. I know this probably doesn't make much sense to some, sorry.

Well, we have been standing by for over a month. What gives, where are the fireworks? Is it possible that the talking heads have again successfully brushed their dirty little mess under that bulging rug on the 3rd floor? Any word on the demise of our Roman Empire would certainly raise moral.

11-07-2007, 03:22 AM

Well, we have been standing by for over a month. What gives, where are the fireworks? Is it possible that the talking heads have again successfully brushed their dirty little mess under that bulging rug on the 3rd floor? Any word on the demise of our Roman Empire would certainly raise moral.

well :?:

11-07-2007, 04:02 AM
JUST TO SET THE RECORD STRAIGHT FOR YOU MR. GUEST, I HAVE BEEN AT L.P.D. FOR OVER 18 YEARS AND HAVE 22 PLUS DOING THIS JOB , SO IF THATS A ROOKIE TO YOU THEN I WOULD BE PROUD TO BE CALLED ONE. YES YOU DID READ MY COMMENTS CORRECTLY SHE IS ONE OF THE BEST I HAVE WORKED FOR AND I WOULD WORK FOR ANYTIME.

http://emoticons4u.com/obscene/eck16.gif

Sparkie
11-12-2007, 01:38 PM

well :?:

Guess there was nothing substantial to report, eh? :?: