PDA

View Full Version : Melbourne PD

09-25-2007, 11:20 PM
Evening, folks. Melbourne doesn't have their own board, so I wanted to ask here. What does the general morale within the agency seem to be? I am certified and thinking of applying there. I have asked a few people, and no one seems to be in the know.

I want to be busy, but also want time to myself to do traffic enforcement, DUI's and narcotics. The pay seems about average so I'm hopeful. Thanks, everyone. Be safe.

09-30-2007, 11:20 PM
Evening, folks. Melbourne doesn't have their own board, so I wanted to ask here. What does the general morale within the agency seem to be? I am certified and thinking of applying there. I have asked a few people, and no one seems to be in the know.

I want to be busy, but also want time to myself to do traffic enforcement, DUI's and narcotics. The pay seems about average so I'm hopeful. Thanks, everyone. Be safe.

All I know about Melbourne is that they just voted Coastal PBA OUT!

10-01-2007, 12:23 AM
Port Saint Lucie PD voted Coastal PBA out last month. I think they went with the International Union of Police. Who did Melbourne go with anyone know?

10-01-2007, 02:27 AM
Broward County Sheriff's Deputies are also voting to dump their PBA and go with International Union of Police. I think Melbourne voted in the FOP?

10-05-2007, 06:53 PM
Tampa PD is also leaving PBA.

11-19-2007, 10:42 PM
The pba is aweful ! They do nothing except take $$$$ FOP IS THE TICKET!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

11-20-2007, 03:39 PM
The pba is aweful ! They do nothing except take $$$$ FOP IS THE TICKET!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Not acording to Orlando PD. They want out! :shock:

12-18-2007, 10:13 PM
having experience working with both agencies as an employee and during operations. Melbourne PD is more active and supportive of pro-active officers. the sheriffs office mentality is if you work and are proactive then you are a liability and will probably pay the price in the long run. there are some good deputies at BCSO however, they are far and few in between and the staff ecspecially higher positioned personnel care more about ther buddy system and there own tails than taking care of their people. if you like kissing the arss and bumping your head on the bosses desk then go bcso. if you want to work and enjoy being a cop with a suuportive chain of command and have respect not only from other agencies but from those on the street go melbourne PD. its up to you. operator and cop (melbourne PD) or social worker and politician (bcso). your call and good luck !

01-02-2008, 01:56 AM
As a current Melbourne ofc. I can say that the department is horrible. Things will not change until the chief and city manager are gone. I've only been here 2 yrs but more officers with 10+ yrs have told me this is the worst the department has ever been. This department is hiring new officers with the promise of take-home cars but experienced officers don't even have take-homes. We've only had the FOP for a couple of months now so hopefully things change. If you truly have to apply to an agency in this county, go BCSO or Palm Bay.