PDA

View Full Version : 12 hour shift

09-25-2007, 11:18 AM
I would like to know who is benefitting or profitting from this 12 hour shift that the department (E.H.) is pushing for. :x

09-30-2007, 08:16 PM
The benefit goes directly to EH for instituting it, and the profit is realized by the city in the form of overtime worked, but not paid. This would be a direct violation of the FOP contract (40 & 8 Hour work rules) which was fought very hard for by your predecessors. NO ONE ELSE will benefit from this except for a few new hires that don't have a piece of the weekend off yet. Don't be fools, it's a LOSE-LOSE for patrol, and a WIN-WIN for EH & Co.

10-03-2007, 12:33 AM
glad to see that theres someone out there thinking the right way. Down with EH and this greedy City Ugly!

10-10-2007, 04:50 AM
To each their own. Why should i care about about what people have to say. As far as i'm concerned the 12 hour shift will be great. And yes, having the weekend of means a great deal to alot of us. So like you so called veterans like to say, " Suck it up!"

10-13-2007, 07:28 PM
To each their own. Why should i care about about what people have to say. As far as i'm concerned the 12 hour shift will be great. And yes, having the weekend of means a great deal to alot of us. So like you so called veterans like to say, " Suck it up!"nice to see that a you are all about taking care of yourself and to hell with the others! one wayer

12-12-2007, 07:20 PM
I heard this crap is going into effect shift after next! great job jerks! :evil:
Lets see how many more officers get divorced and start calling in sick as a result of this (not spending time at home). Someone needs to wake the **** up and see the big picture here, quility of life is going downhill at CGPD. This is going to fatigue the officers who need to work 59s in order to pay their bills.

12-13-2007, 11:20 PM
The benefit goes directly to EH for instituting it, and the profit is realized by the city in the form of overtime worked, but not paid. This would be a direct violation of the FOP contract (40 & 8 Hour work rules) which was fought very hard for by your predecessors. NO ONE ELSE will benefit from this except for a few new hires that don't have a piece of the weekend off yet. Don't be fools, it's a LOSE-LOSE for patrol, and a WIN-WIN for EH & Co.

I LOVE WHOEVER WROTE THE ABOVE QUOTE

12-14-2007, 05:35 PM
me too, but wait, what if hes gay?

12-14-2007, 11:11 PM

I have heard that EH has said that this IS NOT a contractual issue, and that it will be instituted if it benefits the city/department. I would hope that the FOP vigorously fights this!

12-20-2007, 12:05 AM
DON'T FORGET THAT ED IS FRIENDS WITH THE FOP!!! THE FOP AIN'T GONNA DO SHIT ABOUT THIS BECAUSE LIKE ALL POLITICIANS, THEY ONLY CARE ABOUT THEMSELVES!!! :roll:

12-20-2007, 09:26 PM
DON'T FORGET THAT ED IS FRIENDS WITH THE FOP!!! THE FOP AIN'T GONNA DO shizzat ABOUT THIS BECAUSE LIKE ALL POLITICIANS, THEY ONLY CARE ABOUT THEMSELVES!!! :roll:
your 100% right about that, it looks like the FOP is falling apart amd not standing for real issues and officers needs!

12-23-2007, 12:32 PM
DON'T FORGET THAT ED IS FRIENDS WITH THE FOP!!! THE FOP AIN'T GONNA DO shizzat ABOUT THIS BECAUSE LIKE ALL POLITICIANS, THEY ONLY CARE ABOUT THEMSELVES!!! :roll:
your 100% right about that, it looks like the FOP is falling apart amd not standing for real issues and officers needs!

Another ignoramus

12-23-2007, 03:48 PM
Odds are Mr Red is tight with EH and the FOP... Figure it out.

12-23-2007, 11:19 PM
Odds are Mr Red is tight with EH and the FOP... Figure it out.
who is mr.red? :?

12-24-2007, 11:41 PM
I told you so......

12-26-2007, 02:47 PM
LOL, Mr.Red is a freaking communist!

01-05-2008, 06:43 AM
why dont u guys do what miramar does... 4 on 4 off (11.5 hr shifts) that way everyone gets some of the weekend and u can work your 59s on one of your off days and still have a decent weekend to relax

01-05-2008, 01:35 PM
We won't do that becuase it is not our Supreme Commander's idea.

01-05-2008, 04:32 PM
why dont u guys do what miramar does... 4 on 4 off (11.5 hr shifts) that way everyone gets some of the weekend and u can work your 59s on one of your off days and still have a decent weekend to relax

thats a good idea, but it does not benefit the higher ups, :evil: soooooooo it wont happen!

01-14-2008, 08:13 PM
this idea sucks balls

05-18-2008, 04:22 AM
What happened to your departments 12 hour shifts? Did they impose it on you guys?

05-18-2008, 07:43 PM
Wake up guys and say the truth. Everyone in this crap ass department cares about themselves and no one else. That is why people hand each other up on a regular basis. Stop lying to everyone including yourself thinking that ur not in it for yourself.
The 12 hour shift will promote family life you idiots. Your are home more often and you only work have the year you selfish jerks. Say the truth the guys that dont want the 12 hour shift is because it will change their personal routine and of course the permanent 59's. Well screw u. Whats fair is fair the 12 hour shift will benefit everyone and I praise hudak for finally trying the get this going. We are one the last departments on this stupid 5-8 schedule. Thank u hudak and **** these selfish *****es.

05-19-2008, 06:49 PM
Be careful you may need them some day!!!!

05-19-2008, 09:23 PM
YOU MAY NEED THEM SOME DAY??!!

That would mean that that someone from the Bravo 200 & Charlie 200 squad would have to get off their lazy asses and leave their shade tree, put down their newspaper, wake up, stop complaining, 09 from their 58 on time, not be on an illegal 12 and not be enroute to their 06 30 minutes early to respond to help the officer that likes the 12 hour shift.

Oh and did I forget figuring out if the call they are dispatched to is north or south, how can they get the junior guy to take the call, not answer the radio, say their computer doesnt work or their radio doesnt work.

Wow I have so much to learn from the guys senior to me, thats all the excuses I could come up with to get out of going to a call.

05-20-2008, 01:29 AM
ahhh brotherhood !!!!!!!!!!!! CGPD strikes again

05-20-2008, 12:07 PM
You are making each other CRAZY in Gables. It's a vicious cycle isnt it?
Some day you rooks will be doing the same thing, you just haven't figured that out yet. So relax and enjoy the road you have a long way to go! Stay safe!

05-23-2008, 03:33 PM
YOU MAY NEED THEM SOME DAY??!!

That would mean that that someone from the Bravo 200 & Charlie 200 squad would have to get off their lazy asses and leave their shade tree, put down their newspaper, wake up, stop complaining, 09 from their 58 on time, not be on an illegal 12 and not be enroute to their 06 30 minutes early to respond to help the officer that likes the 12 hour shift.

Oh and did I forget figuring out if the call they are dispatched to is north or south, how can they get the junior guy to take the call, not answer the radio, say their computer doesnt work or their radio doesnt work.

Wow I have so much to learn from the guys senior to me, thats all the excuses I could come up with to get out of going to a call. :roll:

05-31-2008, 08:30 AM
you rooks are ignorent when and if there a change to 12 hour shifts have you figured out duh how it will affect your leave. you are not getting any more leave time so when you take a/l s/l youll be using your leave up faster. yea that helps your family life.Wait till your third 12 and then you have to go to court good luck you'll be asleep behind thye wheel if you work mids, oh I forget rooks dont give a crap about their fellow cops. also good for the fam when you wrap your nuts around a tree. Oh itll be great on the 59 schedules too, how many you think you can work... and be with the fam...oh and get sleep. Yea , right

05-31-2008, 09:14 PM
You so called veterans are worthless. I guess every other department that has a 12 hour schedule makes it work by magic. The truth is you personally don't want it because it will disrupt your regular schedule. Well screw u and ur self ways. Its about times the "rookes" and the department wake up if you dont like it then find the door!

05-31-2008, 10:40 PM
You so called veterans are such idiots...use more leave...no...duh..if you are off more often you use less leave. You make no sense, you work 5 days a week have only 2 days off a week and call in sick one day a week and take annual and comp every other week.

Then again what should we expect as far as intelligence from you..15...20 yrs on and your still an officer in patrol. All you care about is your pathetic little lives and your precious little schedules ( 09 from roll call late, take extended 12s, not take a call in your last hour). At least you can look proudly at your PHD diploma you have in constant complaining and *****ing.

You want to know your true self worth, ask yourself the last time you had a self initiated 39. If that time is measured in months you are a loser.

06-01-2008, 01:29 PM
Guest 300 remember your words 15-2O years from now if your
lucky enough to still be around. Your senior officers be it patrol or other wise were around when police work was police work. You could do your job and not have to worry about who was watching while you saved each others A--! You will be going through many changes in your career lets hope for the best and don't knock an officer who has been there and already done what is yet to come for you! Stay safe and don't forget!

06-01-2008, 01:32 PM
Oh and learn how to spell "ROOKIES" you know jr. like cookies but with an R!