PDA

View Full Version : Graceful exit from NYPD? NOT

09-25-2007, 04:18 AM
I think john buys apologies wholesale at Sam's Club.

Bypassed Police Official Offers Apology

S. TOY
Published: March 31, 1996

A day after being ordered off the police force by Mayor Rudolph W. Giuliani for criticizing the appointment of Howard Safir as the new Police Commissioner, First Deputy Police Commissioner John F. Timoney called Mr. Safir yesterday to apologize.

Mr. Timoney had planned to retire on April 15, the same day Police Commissioner William J. Bratton will leave to run a subsidiary of a Boston security company. But the Mayor told him to leave immediately after Mr. Timoney was quoted in The Daily News as calling Mr. Safir a lightweight and saying that the Mayor was screwed up in his selection of Mr. Safir.

Marilyn Mode, Mr. Safir's press secretary at the Fire Department, said that Mr. Timoney telephoned Mr. Safir at home yesterday morning to apologize for his comments. She said the tone of the conversation was both conciliatory and cordial.

Mr. Timoney, who had been a leading candidate to succeed Mr. Bratton, told Mr. Safir that he had spoken out of anger, Ms. Mode said, adding: He said that he was sorry and that he had a lot of respect for the Commissioner.

Ms. Mode said Mr. Safir accepted the apology. But, she added: Even so, the Commissioner said he still feels very strongly that he should have the decency to also apologize to the Mayor.

In an interview Friday, Mr. Timoney said he had no right to criticize Mr. Safir, adding, My beef is with the other guy. He pointedly declined to retreat from his criticism of Mr. Giuliani.

The Mayor responded yesterday by saying that he had no regrets about forcing Mr. Timoney out. He said it would not have made sense to keep Mr. Timoney during the transition, given his views about Mr. Safir.

John Timoney's remarks indicated to me that in making the choice between Howard Safir and John Timoney, in terms of the two men, I selected the right man, Mr. Giuliani said.

The Mayor said he would not demote Mr. Timoney but said Mr. Timoney would be on a leave of absence until his official retirement date.

09-25-2007, 09:02 PM
2 to 1 he was embalmed in Tullamore Dew when he said it.

09-28-2007, 09:07 AM
T$ should leave before he gets indicted

09-28-2007, 12:19 PM
Timoney was speaking the truth........SAFIR is, was, and always will be a friggin LIGHTWEIGHT. A career Fire Chief and Giuliani stooge, put in charge of the largest PD in the country? I'd be pissed too. OK, lets put a Fire Chief with no law enforcement experience in charge of Miami PD and see how happy we'll all be. Cmon Armando you got to do better than that article.

09-28-2007, 01:37 PM
Timoney was speaking the truth........SAFIR is, was, and always will be a friggin LIGHTWEIGHT. A career Fire Chief and Giuliani stooge, put in charge of the largest PD in the country? I'd be pissed too. OK, lets put a Fire Chief with no law enforcement experience in charge of Miami PD and see how happy we'll all be. Cmon Armando you got to do better than that article.Shortie Bryson would be 100 times better then the #1 and #2 stooges that we got. I think its a great Idea, Shortie we need you.

MPD SARGE

09-28-2007, 01:40 PM
Timoney was speaking the truth........SAFIR is, was, and always will be a friggin LIGHTWEIGHT. A career Fire Chief and Giuliani stooge, put in charge of the largest PD in the country? I'd be pissed too. OK, lets put a Fire Chief with no law enforcement experience in charge of Miami PD and see how happy we'll all be. Cmon Armando you got to do better than that article.

Before you besmirch a professional of Safir's stature, do your research on the man!

http://www.themontfortacademy.org/Biogr ... ir_Bio.htm (http://www.themontfortacademy.org/Biographies/Safir_Bio.htm)

09-28-2007, 02:05 PM

Armando had nothing to do with this post fool. And the link provided, shows that your boy Johnny gave you false information as you kissed his ass. T$ is living proof the Irish shouldn't drink.

09-28-2007, 03:09 PM

Armando had nothing to do with this post fool. And the link provided, shows that your boy Johnny gave you false information as you kissed his ass. T$ is living proof the Irish shouldn't drink. Or, procreate!

09-28-2007, 04:51 PM

Armando had nothing to do with this post fool. And the link provided, shows that your boy Johnny gave you false information as you kissed his ass. T$ is living proof the Irish shouldn't drink. Or, procreate!

Boys I am still here!! Just a reminder to all the haters, My resignation date has been set: :lol: DECEMBER 31, 2008

09-28-2007, 09:43 PM
I'LL DRINK TO THAT