PDA

View Full Version : QUESTION

09-23-2007, 11:13 PM
:?: Does anyone feel that this administration is getting a lot more critical with minor issues than in the past? If so do you think it is because of the new undersheriff, election year coming up, possible major budget cuts, or anyone have any other ideas? I have worked, leo, for several years now and it seems that the entire agency is on edge, in return generates alot of stress and frustration. Anyone feel this, or maybe it is just growth.

09-23-2007, 11:16 PM
a combination of all.

09-23-2007, 11:38 PM
It's the politics of the leadership. The sheriff has created a political atmosphere at all levels of the agency. Deputies, and supervisors, are operating out of fear rather than responsibility. How many times have you heard the phrase, "I'm not losing my job because of....." recently? I hear it far too often. That is a sign that the troops are marching out of fear, rather than respect and strength of character. I hear quite a few people discussing the desire to leave the agency - and these are people that once loved this place. Sure, maybe they are cynical or jaded. But if the truth is in the middle, as it usually is, then the administration is a poisonous cult.

I once loved this place, as it was a great place to work. Now I see deputies being destroyed by politics. I truly hope the ship can right itself, but think that some of the Chiefs have lost touch with reality. Power corrupts; absolute power corrupts absolutely!

09-24-2007, 07:45 AM
It's the politics of the leadership. The sheriff has created a political atmosphere at all levels of the agency. Deputies, and supervisors, are operating out of fear rather than responsibility. How many times have you heard the phrase, "I'm not losing my job because of....." recently? I hear it far too often. That is a sign that the troops are marching out of fear, rather than respect and strength of character. I hear quite a few people discussing the desire to leave the agency - and these are people that once loved this place. Sure, maybe they are cynical or jaded. But if the truth is in the middle, as it usually is, then the administration is a poisonous cult.

I once loved this place, as it was a great place to work. Now I see deputies being destroyed by politics. I truly hope the ship can right itself, but think that some of the Chiefs have lost touch with reality. Power corrupts; absolute power corrupts absolutely!I also have been here a long time, and feel almost the same way. I think twice about many things before acting or engaging, mainly because i do not want the chance of a "PRB". I find most that are not favor'd do the same thing. I think it is true that most of us have a certain level of fear that govern us while on duty, and believe this comes from the inconsistancy on the outcomes of "PRB" cases. what concerns me most is that everything is open for interpretation by those that have no real foundation from being on the job. I think this is a sad thing overall, but it is the future with our current admionistration. I heard a well known and respected sgt. sometime ago say "this administration is going to loose good people due to their lack of concerns and compassion for their employees". The more i thought about this, the more i relized how true it was. As time goes by i for one have concerns about security in working for this agency.

I have heard several senior members talking about due to their pay levels, they have concerns about the administration looking at them as as solution to cut backs due to the budget issues coming forth. This is fear at all levels!

09-24-2007, 10:00 AM
It is all because Donny is short and has small hands and feet....overcompensation!

09-25-2007, 01:25 AM
i dont no about his nhands or feeet but the guest has it right. its time for a new sheriff and a hole new administration.

09-25-2007, 02:35 AM
I AGREE, FEAR, OR MAYBE JUST UNCERTAIN CONCERNS, DOES PLAY A LARGE PART EVERY DAY HERE. IT IS NOT AS IT USE TO BE, THAT IS FOR SURE.

OLD TIMER STILL TICKEN.............

09-25-2007, 02:37 AM

I once loved this place, as it was a great place to work. Now I see deputies being destroyed by politics. I truly hope the ship can right itself, but think that some of the Chiefs have lost touch with reality. Power corrupts; absolute power corrupts absolutely!I also have been here a long time, and feel almost the same way. I think twice about many things before acting or engaging, mainly because i do not want the chance of a "PRB". I find most that are not favor'd do the same thing. I think it is true that most of us have a certain level of fear that govern us while on duty, and believe this comes from the inconsistancy on the outcomes of "PRB" cases. what concerns me most is that everything is open for interpretation by those that have no real foundation from being on the job. I think this is a sad thing overall, but it is the future with our current admionistration. I heard a well known and respected sgt. sometime ago say "this administration is going to loose good people due to their lack of concerns and compassion for their employees". The more i thought about this, the more i relized how true it was. As time goes by i for one have concerns about security in working for this agency.

I have heard several senior members talking about due to their pay levels, they have concerns about the administration looking at them as as solution to cut backs due to the budget issues coming forth. This is fear at all levels!

I SURE HOPE THAT THIS IS NOT EVEN CLOSE TO BEING TRUE. I KNOW WE HAVE A LOT OF OVER PAID PEOPLE, MAYBE JUST A PAY CUT BY ALL SO NO ONE WILL NOT HAVE A JOB.

09-25-2007, 04:44 AM
What a bunch of CRAP!!!

The sky is falling, the sky is falling!!

Why do some feel compelled to spread doom and gloom.

whaaaa my P*&%$Y hurts.

If you do not like it here...GO AWAY!!

What a bunch of losers...

09-25-2007, 10:00 AM
no

09-25-2007, 11:46 PM
What a bunch of CRAP!!!

The sky is falling, the sky is falling!!

Why do some feel compelled to spread doom and gloom.

whaaaa my P*&%$Y hurts.

If you do not like it here...GO AWAY!!

What a bunch of losers...
YOU MUST BE NEW!

09-27-2007, 02:21 AM
This post was removed due to violation of the Terms of Use Agreement. Please read the following so there is no misunderstanding about our Terms of Use. You are free to post your views or opinions as long as it meets what you have agreed to by participating on this site:

This is not a SLAM site and the Forums should be used constructively. Messages (anonymous or not) accusing anyone (including political candidates) of wrong doing (and/or criminal accusations) without substantial proof or reference are subject to deletion. Use your REAL name unless the need for an Anonymous Message is warranted. Messages not requiring Anonymous status, but being abused, are subject to deletion by System Moderators. Anonymous Messages are not granted the same right to exist that properly identified Messages are. Failure to comply can result in Message deletion and/or access blockage.

Here's an opportunity to voice your opinion, ask questions, become more informed, make a stand or engage in a healthy debate.

Mod 167

09-27-2007, 10:54 AM
I didn't get to read that message, but based on the title I know what it was about. Yes, a copy of that file is floating around...and may make an appearance around election time....I miss the Colonel...but he was replaced by an equally absurd cast of characters.

Red Rocket
10-09-2007, 03:33 PM
When the Crime rate dropped, the (*Removed by Mod 167) were no longer needed. Instead of worrying about the robberies and burglaries, the admin has alot more time to nit-pick. Also, there have been some real bone head things done by our brothers and sisters over the past few years. There had to be some fallout from that. *Common sense.