PDA

View Full Version : Seminole

09-23-2007, 02:42 AM
Sounds like SPD has gotten much better, I worked under Chief Hernan, which has long been gone. Under that administration the place was very shady. Hope it works out for you guys out there, but always keep your options open, because you have no job security out there and at a drop of a hat they could get rid of you. I left due to the fact they have no retirement benefits, I know thats not important to you young guys but trust me as you get older it means everything.

09-23-2007, 04:46 AM
I'm no rookie and I agree with you retirement is important, with almost 10 years in FRS trust me I wish we had a better retirement. But with the extra money I make I put a huge amount into our 401k and will have as much in there when im ready to get out as I would with FRS. Of course there are still talks of us getting FRS or something comparable to Pembroke Pines 20 and out retirement plan. Either way the tribe treats us pretty good and pays really well. Every now and then I'll find an old checkstub from the S.O. and wonder how I survived. Of course that was years ago and I know the pay is alot better now. I read a post on here that said once you get hired with Seminole you can never leave because of the pay, this is true.... but why would you want to? Brand new take home car(no matter where you live), weeks pay bonus at Christmas, good health ins, unlimited O.T. and special details, up to date equipment, 7% raise a year and the list goes on. Like I said we have our politics and corruption, but tell me what agency does not. Seminole may not be the agency for a newbie wanting to kick arse and take names, but for someone who wants a little better way of life with half the stress of a large Sheriff's office or PD it is the only way to go. I think Seminole PD is one of the best kept secrets...

09-23-2007, 08:46 AM
I agree Seminole is not that bad, They just have a bad reputation from years passed that will take a while to change. Hopefully they get something for you guys besides a 401k plan, That keeps a lot of guys I know from applying.