PDA

View Full Version : T$ makes New Times for Lying.

09-22-2007, 02:45 PM
A MUST READ!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Read the case of an officer and how they destroyed his career. Most importantly, the media should read closely how there are double standards within this department.

http://www.miaminewtimes.com/1996-07-11 ... -lies/full (http://www.miaminewtimes.com/1996-07-11/news/three-lies/full)

09-22-2007, 03:10 PM

Read the case of an officer and how they destroyed his career. Most importantly, the media should read closely how there are double standards within this department.

http://www.miaminewtimes.com/1996-07-11 ... -lies/full (http://www.miaminewtimes.com/1996-07-11/news/three-lies/full)

badge :twisted:

09-22-2007, 03:21 PM

badge :twisted:

Not sure what you meant? He was a good cop, and got the shaft!

09-23-2007, 05:30 AM
DO you know what to do when your under investigation? Not many of us do. Any one of us can be targeted and end up as another stat. I fear not only the crimminals on the street but, I fear when I walk in the station!

09-23-2007, 02:57 PM
Just for historical comment, Ed won his case in 1998, and resigned two months later. Therefore, he did wear the Miami badge again, and wore it elsewhere too. He simply had enough of the BS in Miami and left, although, I know he respects many fellow officers at MPD. The young officers at Miami should take caution to what he went through. Like the previous poster said, there are more enemies on the inside that can destroy an officer's career than the criminals on the outside. Ed always said that the cops with the power trips are more dangerous than the criminals on the street by a long shot. People like the Tick for example were misinformed, and misguided officers with nothing more than a zealous desire for revenge in mind. Little Joe in high school was nothing more than a shy little skinny runt boy who had his lunch money stolen from him and kicked around his whole life by bullies. Its amazing how bad information spread among officer about the factual bases of this case. If someone were to closely examine this case you would be totally blown away by the injustice and how it was never made right.

How is this relevant to the T$ case, well, it shows you the double standard of justice in our police society today. If you are a grunt in patrol and someone who has challenged the powers to be like Ed did once, you too can be marked for termination without cause. But for someone like the corrupt commanders of today and yesterday are exempt from equal and appropriate punishment.

On another subject, I was told the other day, not sure if this is true, that Chief T$ has within his contract a clause that states that the Manager, nor anyone else can terminate his employment from office, but only through resignation, or end of contract. Is this true, or more information?

09-23-2007, 03:12 PM
If that were true,why would he be kissing butts ? If something like that exsit, if more like termination only for misdeeds. And he has already said only the manager and the MAYOR can fire him. Wait, he lies.

09-23-2007, 03:19 PM
If this is true, then the Manager, Mayor and City attorney need to go for agreeing to a contract with that stipulation. Given the public records laws I would believe that his contract is a matter of public record. Should be easy enough to find out. If it's true...then the only way for him to go is end of contract or arrest! Because you know he isn't going to resign!

On another subject, I was told the other day, not sure if this is true, that Chief T$ has within his contract a clause that states that the Manager, nor anyone else can terminate his employment from office, but only through resignation, or end of contract. Is this true, or more information?

09-23-2007, 03:30 PM
If this is true, then the Manager, Mayor and City attorney need to go for agreeing to a contract with that stipulation. Given the public records laws I would believe that his contract is a matter of public record. Should be easy enough to find out. If it's true...then the only way for him to go is end of contract or arrest! Because you know he isn't going to resign!

FOP, FILE A PUBLIC RECORDS REQUEST UNDER FSS 119.07(1)(a), IT'S THAT SIMPLE! IN FACT, IT'D BETTER IN THE MEDIA WERE TO MAKE THE PR REQUEST!

09-23-2007, 06:24 PM
Just for historical comment, Ed won his case in 1998, and resigned two months later. Therefore, he did wear the Miami badge again, and wore it elsewhere too. He simply had enough of the BS in Miami and left, although, I know he respects many fellow officers at MPD. The young officers at Miami should take caution to what he went through. Like the previous poster said, there are more enemies on the inside that can destroy an officer's career than the criminals on the outside. Ed always said that the cops with the power trips are more dangerous than the criminals on the street by a long shot. People like the Tick for example were misinformed, and misguided officers with nothing more than a zealous desire for revenge in mind. Little Joe in high school was nothing more than a shy little skinny runt boy who had his lunch money stolen from him and kicked around his whole life by bullies. Its amazing how bad information spread among officer about the factual bases of this case. If someone were to closely examine this case you would be totally blown away by the injustice and how it was never made right.

How is this relevant to the T$ case, well, it shows you the double standard of justice in our police society today. If you are a grunt in patrol and someone who has challenged the powers to be like Ed did once, you too can be marked for termination without cause. But for someone like the corrupt commanders of today and yesterday are exempt from equal and appropriate punishment.

On another subject, I was told the other day, not sure if this is true, that Chief T$ has within his contract a clause that states that the Manager, nor anyone else can terminate his employment from office, but only through resignation, or end of contract. Is this true, or more information? From a officer that has been through a lot in this department your first paragraph is very true. You go around thinking your career is rock solid and one day out of no where its turned upside down. Even after your cleared they throw the badge back at you and your simply expected to be motivated again like if nothing ever happened. For you new guys there is no such thing as job security, learn how this job can be turned against you.

09-24-2007, 05:04 AM
Now Ed, you seem to come back evry once in awhile. Isn't true you tried to come back and called trainng about your certs?

Ed quit while your ahead.

09-24-2007, 11:24 AM
Now Ed, you seem to come back evry once in awhile. Isn't true you tried to come back and called trainng about your certs?

Ed quit while your ahead.

You can see by this poster how there is still some animosity towards Ed. Trainer, you must have been one of the miss informed people, or have something against him. Is it possible your information about Ed is flawed and you're bashing a former officer for no good reason? Another perfect example how some Miami officers are so hateful, or hold unsubstantiated grudges regardless. If Ed was checking on his certs, I'm sure it was not for the reason of coming back, but more to check the status of his cert for other reasons. If you're not from BLE 90, or prior, you probably did not know him well.

09-24-2007, 11:50 AM
The Poster trainer was simply saying that Ed should quit while he is ahead, meaning that he is doing much better where is today and that he should not need to come back here, or make any attempts to come back here. Look at this place how bad it is and why would he want to put himself through mental torture again. This place is not about hiring quality officers anymore. Look around yourselves, most of the good ones have left to other departments. I agree that Ed must have had other motives when he was checking his certification and what the department's reaction was going to be. Trainer had spoke to Ed about his falconry and mentioned how cool it was and that he too wanted to learn the art of falconry if he came back to the PD.
http://austringernc.tripod.com

There were some valid points about the double standards fro terminations, and issues about T$'s contract, but for the sake of former officers, please let this thread die and give the guy a break!

09-24-2007, 05:04 PM
Why? i think new guys should learn what can happen to them. I know if I had this site when I began my carreer I wouldnt have gone through the things I did. The blind should be so lucky to be able to see the light.