PDA

View Full Version : Quite Possibly the Biggest Hypocrite Ever

09-22-2007, 02:16 AM
In his latest video, Morgan complains about the Florida Retirement System and what a ripoff it is to taxpayers. His wife Susan Morgan works at PJC:

Morgan, Susan District Academic Department Head
Department: History/Language/Philosophy

PJC employees are in the FRS system. Did she opt out of it? Is she only part-time? She can retire after 6 years if she's in it right Dave?

If she's benefitting from the same system he's complaining about us LEO's recieving, what a frickin' hypocrite...

09-22-2007, 02:24 AM
FRS is the only thing making our low pay tolerable for some of us.

What could be so bad about FRS? The county is not responsible for any plan administration, and deputies do not have to worry about contributing part of their own salary to fund their retirement.

Gratned, this means the S.O. is paying money over and above our salary to keep us employed; however, if the plan were to change and require employees to contribute to the plan, the county would have to pay more to make up the difference, which would come from tax money, so there really is no difference at all.

If it aint broke... dont try to fix it. If you start messing with our nest egg Mr. Morgan, you will rapidly lose deputy support.

09-22-2007, 02:33 AM
All 2 of them...

09-22-2007, 03:12 AM
You many only know one and for good reason! Those you dont know of is what scares you.

09-22-2007, 04:15 AM
yes! i say in order to recruit better qualified applicants, lets cut take home cars, lets cut your pension plan, lets cut everything and on top of that, lets give away budget money.

good thing they will not be firing the 55% civilians, they will need to be restructured to admin, to handle the massive influx of applicants.

09-22-2007, 04:16 AM
All I heard Morgan saying was echoing the sentiments that were being made throughout the county over the Touart retirement issue. The overwhelming majority who spoke out and who blogged on the subject objected to Tourat being eligible for a retirement after he was forced to leave because of questionable conduct while an employee. Morgan has also questioned McNesbys hiring friends at beginning salaries that are two and three times what a deputy is hired at. The practice immediately gives those cronies a lucrative retirement package after only six years of service especially since he hires them in with titles that give them the high risk retirement benefits. I didn’t take Morgan’s comments to be critical of any regular real deputy who for whatever reason is forced to retire with only 6 years of service.

As most who work for the state and local government and who are covered under the Florida retirement system, yes, including PJC, knows that for all practical purposes most will never retire with only 6 years of service unless you are one of the favored few who received salaries exceeding $75,000 for six years. In order to retire with only six years service, an employee must have reached retirement age of 55 for high risk occupations like deputies and at age 62 for all others.

This means before Mrs. Morgan could retire with only 6 years of service she began her career at age 56 and a deputy would have began at age 49, which is not usually the case. But if either did, as was pointed out in another post all they would retire with would be what the retirement law allows which is 3% per year for deputies and 1.6% per year for Mrs. Morgan. The total retirement package would compute to18% for the deputy and a miniscule 9.6% for Mrs. Morgan. Even then that figure could be reduced depending on which of the several options they would take but the 9.6% and 18% would be the maximum they would get.

Nine and Eighteen percent of a $30,000 average salary is a lot less than eighteen percent of a $75,000 and up salary. ($5,400 a year VS. $13,500 a year). In the case of an employee like Mrs. Morgan if her average salary while working was $30,000 a year, in six years her retirement would be $2,880 a year. The inequity of the favoritism in the hiring practices and granting of lucrative benefit packages to cronies and friends by McNesby is what I understood Morgan to be communicating and he is correct to bring it to the forefront of the Sheriffs election campaign.

09-22-2007, 08:00 AM
They get it. It's just that they want another 6 years at their inflated crony salaries instead of getting fired by our next Sheriff, David Morgan.

09-22-2007, 01:07 PM
I laugh every time I HEAR the words Sheriff and David Morgan used in teh same discussion! :D

09-22-2007, 01:09 PM
Once again Morgan brings up an alledged problem and offers no solutions. Lets say starting deputy pay is brought up to 35000. How much should a captain whose been there for 30 years make above that deputy? I don't think $75,000 is unreasonable at all. The Sheriff's own salary is set by statute. Are there civilian contract employees who are overpaid? Yes, but there's only a couple who could be completely cut. The rest are going to have to be filled with someone competent and their going to have to be paid.

I would guess by eliminating all the contract employees who are unecessary and replacing the overpaid ones with reasonable paid ones you would probably only save 1 to 2 million. That's a lot but not near enough to fix compression, bump up starting pay to 35000, and give 2 million to the ecat.

David Morgan continues to show he HAS ABSOLUTELY NO IDEA how the sheriff office, and county budgets work. Does he have a clue that the 47 million he keeps talking about is LOST money? It's for the next ten years and can't be used for salary, only capital purchases.

And before you get on that training facility too much your wife's employer stands to gain incredibly from that deal. That money is going to PJC for them to build the training facility... Ain't that sumthin.

09-22-2007, 03:30 PM
Even those that don't support the current sheriff LAUGH at David Morgan. The more he talks proves the points over and over of being an incompetent candidate.

09-22-2007, 05:36 PM
In his latest video, Morgan complains about the Florida Retirement System and what a ripoff it is to taxpayers. His wife Susan Morgan works at PJC:

PJC employees are in the FRS system. Did she opt out of it? Is she only part-time? She can retire after 6 years if she's in it right Dave?

If she's benefitting from the same system he's complaining about us LEO's recieving, what a frickin' hypocrite...

Just as with Robert Boggon, who was incorrectly identified and later killed in the jail, you have named the wrong Susan Morgan. That is not David's wife. But what's in a name?

09-22-2007, 05:48 PM

Just as with Robert Boggon, who was incorrectly identified and later killed in the jail, you have named the wrong Susan Morgan. That is not David's wife. But what's in a name?

hurry, claim that you got this info from a confidential informant....

09-22-2007, 08:21 PM
"Dear Quick: No confidential informant needed. Like with everything else
in the Morgan Campaign, "all you gotta' do is call."
i called Mr. Morgan at 969-0681 and he recommended that anyone interested can call Mr. Mike Ardis, the Head of the Criminal Justice Dept at PJC. His wife Susan is an Adjunct Instructor there (teaches one course). Mr. Ardis phone number at PJC is: 484-1760."

09-22-2007, 08:58 PM
Thought you might like to see the ECSO version of line item budget. 4 Pages. 85+ million dollars.

http://www.realitynews.net/Sheriff-Budget-2008.pdf

09-22-2007, 09:53 PM
Doesn't matter.... don't you feel STUPID?

09-23-2007, 12:44 AM
Morgan and his wife are both paid healthy, government retirements with PAID HEALTH CARE their whole life. We don't get that so neither should they. That comes out to $800 a month for the rest of their lives just for the health care. Figure 4-5 thousand a month minimum between the both of them for their retirement. Plus they get to shop at a commissary which I as a tax paying citizen can't. ALL THESE PERKS PAID FOR BY MY TAX DOLLARS ARE RIDICULOUS!!!!! WE NEED TO GET RID OF THEM!!! (How's that for applying some Morgan/Craig logic to the situation.)

09-23-2007, 02:18 AM
Actually I believe they have at least 40 years combined military service. David Morgan was concerned about the 6 year vested retirement for the overpaid Directors. I believe that you missed his point and frankly you seem devoid of logic. Maybe Sheriff Morgan will let you advance your education.

09-23-2007, 11:36 PM
You had better start considering your own retirement because Morgan is going to actually want you admin flunkies to WORK. I'm sure that is beyond your ability. Your personalities aren't suited to public service anyway.