PDA

View Full Version : "Real" Law Enforcement

09-19-2007, 07:00 PM
Here we go again for following post was post by So True in the Senior Agents/Supervisors thread.

so true

Posted: 09/19/07 10:41:57 Post subject:

Boy are you right about all the knoweledge going and in my opinion, staying away from beverage work and doing law enforcement that there are already agencies that do the same stuff will hopefully lead to Gov., and legislature realizing that ABT should just be non-sworn investigators. Once there was a Diector named JJ Harris, he wasn't very well liked but he saved the Division, by getting the division back on track with just minors and bev. work. Hell if you want to be the real police go be one, in this budget cutting times non-sworn just might happen.

As a 10 plus year veteran of law enforcement I am still trying to figure out what “Real” law enforcement is. I am also trying to figure out why someone / anyone who is an LEO with ABT is hoping that their position gets cut and becomes a non-sworn position.
Can someone, I am sure there is a genius out there somewhere, explain to me what real law enforcement is? I have been in a patrol car and answered the calls for the neighbors dog barking at 2am, or the kids smashing mailboxes, is this “Real” law enforcement? I have also answered the call when it was two beautiful 17 year old girls pinned in their car wrapped around a tree and watched both of them die before we could get them out, is this real law enforcement? Maybe, if they had not been drinking that bottle of Vodka they would still be alive. Maybe without that bottle of Vodka I would not have had to stand there and watch the father of one of them fall to his knees and beg God to take him instead. The last time I checked, law enforcement officers dedicated their lives to helping, serving and protecting the citizens of the state and/or country they live in. Preventing the events of that night sounds like law enforcement to me.
ABT has a valid mission, it has just been a little misdirected over the past few years. But know this, if you have never stood their and told a father that is 17 year has died in a crash, then you have never felt the most empty feeling in law enforcement. There is NOTHING you can say or do to help at that point. THERE IS EVERYTHING ABT CAN DO TO PREVENT IT. If you feel that your current position is not true law enforcement then I recommend that you find another place to serve and protect.
For those of you complaining about your jobs, you should take a close look at those who are fighting to get them back.
I’ll be waiting for the definition of “real” law enforcement from the peanut gallery.

09-19-2007, 08:48 PM
Here we go again for following post was post by So True in the Senior Agents/Supervisors thread.

so true

Boy are you right about all the knoweledge going and in my opinion, staying away from beverage work and doing law enforcement that there are already agencies that do the same stuff will hopefully lead to Gov., and legislature realizing that ABT should just be non-sworn investigators. Once there was a Diector named JJ Harris, he wasn't very well liked but he saved the Division, by getting the division back on track with just minors and bev. work. Hell if you want to be the real police go be one, in this budget cutting times non-sworn just might happen.

As a 10 plus year veteran of law enforcement I am still trying to figure out what “Real” law enforcement is. I am also trying to figure out why someone / anyone who is an LEO with ABT is hoping that their position gets cut and becomes a non-sworn position.
Can someone, I am sure there is a genius out there somewhere, explain to me what real law enforcement is? I have been in a patrol car and answered the calls for the neighbors dog barking at 2am, or the kids smashing mailboxes, is this “Real” law enforcement? I have also answered the call when it was two beautiful 17 year old girls pinned in their car wrapped around a tree and watched both of them die before we could get them out, is this real law enforcement? Maybe, if they had not been drinking that bottle of Vodka they would still be alive. Maybe without that bottle of Vodka I would not have had to stand there and watch the father of one of them fall to his knees and beg God to take him instead. The last time I checked, law enforcement officers dedicated their lives to helping, serving and protecting the citizens of the state and/or country they live in. Preventing the events of that night sounds like law enforcement to me.
ABT has a valid mission, it has just been a little misdirected over the past few years. But know this, if you have never stood their and told a father that is 17 year has died in a crash, then you have never felt the most empty feeling in law enforcement. There is NOTHING you can say or do to help at that point. THERE IS EVERYTHING ABT CAN DO TO PREVENT IT. If you feel that your current position is not true law enforcement then I recommend that you find another place to serve and protect.
For those of you complaining about your jobs, you should take a close look at those who are fighting to get them back.
I’ll be waiting for the definition of “real” law enforcement from the peanut gallery.

So nice to hear from someone with some common sense for a change.

Thank you. But I doubt you will get your answer from these clowns because they don't know, themsleves.

09-19-2007, 09:32 PM
Still noticing no one is putting their names down when they are so passionate about a topic, strange… As for me, I am new here and do not need the ridicule, but then again I am not saying anything derogatory either.

09-20-2007, 01:08 AM
Still noticing no one is putting their names down when they are so passionate about a topic, strange… As for me, I am new here and do not need the ridicule, but then again I am not saying anything derogatory either.

then don't run your mouth about others not putting thier names down when you yourself will remain "Anonymous". Practice what you preach!!! You do not know the story or the history behind anyone else on here nor the reason for thier feelings, so who are you to pass judgment to them. As you said you are new, so you would not know the history here.

BUT, this string I do not believe was intended for people to get on here to start BS, I believe the original author of it was trying to make a point to all of those who keep wanting to talk about REAL LAW ENFORCEMENT OFFICERS. Because some of these agents need a reality check and this person I believe was trying to give that to them in a nice way. I don't see that they were trying to be rude, or bash anyone. Just stating a fact.

09-20-2007, 02:13 AM
So you want a name, you don’t want this to remain Anonymous. Well here you go. My name is Brian Sauls, some of you know me, some of you think you know me and a few of you pretend to know me. I am TRUE LEO the author of this string. I have read this MB for several weeks and I am discussed at some of the things I have read. I can not believe that this is the same agency that I and others are fighting to get back to. Yes, I will admit I AM NOT prefect, I have complained about things before DAMN RIGHT I HAVE. Will I again if I come back, probably so.
Let me tell all of you “real” law enforcement proponents, standing behind the emergency room at Gulf Pines Hospital having to watch that father fall to his knees was the hardest thing I have ever done in my life not just my career as a LEO. Preventing that is real law enforcement. The last time I checked the statute is in the book, therefore it is law, now go enforce it.
So there you go, you wanted a name, there it is Brian Sauls, remember it you will see it again. As Arnold said “I’ll be back”.
And no, this neither this post nor the first are meant to bash anyone, if you are upset by what I say, look in the mirror I might be talking about you. If you understand what I am saying then you are a "Real" law enforcement officer.

09-20-2007, 03:07 AM

Looks like you got your name "Guest". Well said Brian.

Joker's Wild
09-20-2007, 06:03 AM
To any nay-sayers out there, there is no such thing as "real" law enforcement. If you enforce it, it's real. I've never seen an arrest affidavit with non-existent charges, and if you fill one out, you'll have to deal with your SAO. Too many LEO's get stuck on what they think is appropriate police work, and don't do what they consider menial.

Some LEO's don't pay any attention to traffic because it's too simple. News flash: a more thorough traffic stop would have put Ted Bundy in prison MUCH sooner, saving about 30 lives. It's not always about the big cases. Sometimes the seemingly small things make the greater impact.

Real police work is not about what the officer considers important; it is about what the law and the public consider important. You may have a specific area of interest, as we all do. If that's the case, then you must seek that area of work, whether you stay with ABT or not. Regardless, you should treat everything you do with professionalism and respect. The report you find to be an annoyance may just be the most important thing in the victim's life.

Real police work is what all LEOs do at every level. Just check the ODMP; ANY of us can be taken at any time. If you believe that an LEO agency and its officers are beneath you because of what they primarily enforce, you are denying your fallen bretheren of the dignity, honor, and respect they deserve. Further, you are stripping their families of the legacy our fallen heroes have left behind. When you wear the badge you give yourself to the public you serve. If an officer dies as the result of a traffic crash, was his service less meaningful than the officer who was killed in a shoot-out? What about the rookie on his first day? Is his life worth less than a senior LEO's? It is grossly unfair to rate one's work as "real" and another's as being less than that. If you rate the work, you rate the man. An old supervisor once told me "It's not the badge that makes the man, it's the man that makes the badge".

To TRUE LEO: I've never met you, but I like your attitude. I'd be glad to have you back here.

09-20-2007, 01:36 PM
:D :cop:

09-20-2007, 09:56 PM
Real law Enforcement?? Real Leadership??? ABT agents need to be nonsworn?? As I read in a previous string - don't do anything to shame yourself, your supervisor or your agency - to many people on this board have done just that. As a twelve year veteran of this agency it saddens me that so many people do not take pride in what we do. Pride, integrity, performing "real" law enfocement duties, providing real leadership - these are all things that each and every one of us should be doing each and every day. These are not things that are dependent on good or bad supervisors - these are things that we should carry with us every day. We complain about the new people, we complain about the supervison, we complain about what we can and cannot do, we complain, complain, complain - and sometimes its valid - but we should not let our complaints prevent us from being who we are. We are a group of people who had a calling to become a law enforcement officers. Lets stand beside one another and support each other. This is supposed to be a brotherhood - a family. I will always stand by my brothers. If you do something wrong, I will face you face to face and talk about it and if you need me I will be there. Let's stand together and be proud!!!

09-21-2007, 01:22 AM
So you want a name, you don’t want this to remain Anonymous. Well here you go. My name is Brian Sauls, some of you know me, some of you think you know me and a few of you pretend to know me. I am TRUE LEO the author of this string. I have read this MB for several weeks and I am discussed at some of the things I have read. I can not believe that this is the same agency that I and others are fighting to get back to. Yes, I will admit I AM NOT prefect, I have complained about things before darn RIGHT I HAVE. Will I again if I come back, probably so.
Let me tell all of you “real” law enforcement proponents, standing behind the emergency room at Gulf Pines Hospital having to watch that father fall to his knees was the hardest thing I have ever done in my life not just my career as a LEO. Preventing that is real law enforcement. The last time I checked the statute is in the book, therefore it is law, now go enforce it.
So there you go, you wanted a name, there it is Brian Sauls, remember it you will see it again. As Arnold said “I’ll be back”.
And no, this neither this post nor the first are meant to bash anyone, if you are upset by what I say, look in the mirror I might be talking about you. If you understand what I am saying then you are a "Real" law enforcement officer.

Way to go Brian!! We all know you were done wrong and won that Human Resourcse Complaint. It is too bad that we have to chain our computers down to our desks and other property, in fear of Bong Boy trashing them and then we would have to report him and we would be sitting next to you. When are you coming back???

09-21-2007, 01:45 AM
Now now True That lets not name names in this thread, specially anyone that is or may but associated with the events that took place in Fort Myers.

Yes, it is true that there was a ruling made by the Florida Commission on Human Relations in regards to a complaint that DBPR/ABT retaliated against both Lt. Lanza and myself for reporting events that took place. The letter was issued some 60 plus days ago. I can not, at least at this time confirm nor deny that we won or lost. There is no winner or loser. There are steps that will continue to be taken to at least clear our names. We are fighting to get our jobs back. All of this is basically public knowledge, no secrets. Now as for what or how things are progressing from there I can not and will not say.

Regardless, we all have our crosses to bare and we will all one day be JUDGED for our actions or inactions. I have said this from day one and will continue to say it. I can lay my head down at night and can look myself in the mirror in the morning. Not everyone can say that.

There is no time frame for a return, if we return. Brian

09-21-2007, 02:12 AM
Now now True That lets not name names in this thread, specially anyone that is or may but associated with the events that took place in Fort Myers.

Yes, it is true that there was a ruling made by the Florida Commission on Human Relations in regards to a complaint that DBPR/ABT retaliated against both Lt. Lanza and myself for reporting events that took place. The letter was issued some 60 plus days ago. I can not, at least at this time confirm nor deny that we won or lost. There is no winner or loser. There are steps that will continue to be taken to at least clear our names. We are fighting to get our jobs back. All of this is basically public knowledge, no secrets. Now as for what or how things are progressing from there I can not and will not say.

Regardless, we all have our crosses to bare and we will all one day be JUDGED for our actions or inactions. I have said this from day one and will continue to say it. I can lay my head down at night and can look myself in the mirror in the morning. Not everyone can say that.

There is no time frame for a return, if we return. Brian

We will honor your request naming no names. And you are right we all will be judged one day. Hang in there, hope you and JL return and just one word of caution..do not go near a dumpster again! Especially one around Orlando we heard they were full too! Just a little humor but certainly not made in light of what you and JL has endured. Again, wish you the best.

09-21-2007, 07:42 AM
To those of you who have responded with your kind words of support, please know that they are greatly appreciated.
To all readers of this thread please allow me to make a suggestion to you. While you are on here reading, posting, laughing, complaining, crying or whatever it is that you are using this blog for take a moment and learn. Under the “RESOURCES” tab on the homepage there is a link that for “WHISTLE BLOWER”. Please regardless of your political beliefs, your like or dislike of supervisors, agents, administration or whatever, take a few minutes and read the information provided.
Know your rights. Know the rights provided to you by these statutes. Know the methods and requirements for reporting. Know the process, there is a process.
They say the best offense is a good defense. Know your defense. There are things I have had to learn the hard way about “Whistle Blower”. Also know that the Union, no matter which one, can only provide so much support. Brian

09-21-2007, 06:22 PM
Brian Sauls...a legend in his own mind

09-23-2007, 02:10 AM
Like that was the only reason he got fired... it was a long time coming. I hope he doesn't come back. JL maybe, but hell BS took him out too. Did you notice his initials? BS, that says it all...

09-23-2007, 11:14 AM
Poor Poor BS, all he did was tell on someone who threw some computers away. First off, who cares that they were thrown away. Second, don't give me the sanctified reason of "it was for the environment." There is more to his case, research it yourself...closed IA's are public record. BS is, was and will always be one who is a divider and trying to do more harm than he is good. He's a spoiled brat who, when not getting his way, will tear down what he can. You have no friends left here BS, other than maybe one immature, easily persuaded, nonexperienced agent/secretary, so keep to yourself and leave us alone. The ones remaining here would like to make this a peaceful, pleasant place to work. And as for "real law enforcement", that is with local PD's and SO's. All state agencies are either support agencies or serving one statutory purpose, like ABT. But you wouldn't understand real law enforcement, you weren't and wouldn't be able to make it anywhere else because of your attitude. Grow up BS.

09-23-2007, 12:49 PM
Poor Poor BS, all he did was tell on someone who threw some computers away. First off, who cares that they were thrown away. Second, don't give me the sanctified reason of "it was for the environment." There is more to his case, research it yourself...closed IA's are public record. BS is, was and will always be one who is a divider and trying to do more harm than he is good. He's a spoiled brat who, when not getting his way, will tear down what he can. You have no friends left here BS, other than maybe one immature, easily persuaded, nonexperienced agent/secretary, so keep to yourself and leave us alone. The ones remaining here would like to make this a peaceful, pleasant place to work. And as for "real law enforcement", that is with local PD's and SO's. All state agencies are either support agencies or serving one statutory purpose, like ABT. But you wouldn't understand real law enforcement, you weren't and wouldn't be able to make it anywhere else because of your attitude. Grow up BS.

He likes to claim he worked with as a "Deputy Sheriff". Well, that was as a corrections deputy. Oh, he did a few "ride-a-longs" with road deputies too. Don't let him fool you all into thinking he was some type of all knowing, journeyman cop. He is exactly what his initials stand for. B*** S***.

09-23-2007, 02:34 PM
He forgets there are people that know of his "experience" or lack thereof...

09-23-2007, 11:13 PM
B.S. = B*** S*** HAHA HEHE LOL !!!!! :D :shock: :lol:

09-24-2007, 02:18 AM
BS don't fret. You will be welcomed back if you get your job back. Try not to pay attention to all the negative remarks. Those who write the crap seen recently are willing to say hateful things, but notice they never put their name on anything. It's easy to insult and degrade others when you can do it as an unknown. Just keep doing what your doing to get your job back, you and JL. :lol:

09-24-2007, 12:29 PM
Well Brian, you must have hit some of them where it hurts, when it comes to be being a REAL COP, since I see some of these people have taken this ONE OF THE FEW positive posts and turned it into a basher. Forget what they say, we will welcome you back regardless. If you did "other" wrongs I am sure you learned from that aswell and have moved on too. Keep up the fight and we'll see you soon.

09-24-2007, 12:33 PM

I am sorry! DID YOU JUST SAY THIS IS A PEACEFUL PLEASANT PLACE TO WORK?

09-24-2007, 01:08 PM
What I said was, those of us who are still here would like to make this a pleasant place to work. I know that there is no where perfect, especially if we have to work for someone else and can't be your own boss, but what we can do, collectively, is conduct ourselves like adults and treat each other with a lot more respect and not be someone, like BS, that is only interested in being divisive and push your own agenda on everyone else. Those that are trying to be devisive will get what's coming to them..let's be BETTER than them and make this a decent place to work at, no matter who the bosses are. You also need to remember this...there are more of us than there are them (the bosses).

09-25-2007, 12:14 AM
BS/TRUE LEO didn't you get fired for like 18 offenses??? And don't brag about getting your job back-every loser gets their job back at ABT. So don't go acting like you are innocent.

09-25-2007, 01:55 AM
Waaaaa, it was only 17 offense, I never sexually harassed any woman that didn't like it, I only stuck it in a little bit, WAAAAAA!!!!!

Sincerely former ABT agent of the century,

BS

10-19-2007, 01:37 AM

so true

AMEN...!

10-19-2007, 01:41 AM
[quote="TRUE LEO":3mt20blp]So you want a name, you don’t want this to remain Anonymous. Well here you go. My name is Brian Sauls, some of you know me, some of you think you know me and a few of you pretend to know me. I am TRUE LEO the author of this string. I have read this MB for several weeks and I am discussed at some of the things I have read. I can not believe that this is the same agency that I and others are fighting to get back to. Yes, I will admit I AM NOT prefect, I have complained about things before darn RIGHT I HAVE. Will I again if I come back, probably so.

Way to go Brian!! We all know you were done wrong and won that Human Resourcse Complaint. It is too bad that we have to chain our computers down to our desks and other property, in fear of Bong Boy trashing them and then we would have to report him and we would be sitting next to you. When are you coming back???[/quote:3mt20blp]

Brian Sauls coming back...you gotta be kidding ! What he needs is a good shrink !

10-30-2007, 01:57 AM
Seriously folks.........I think this is pretty solid. And Lanza will be back too. When people create false stories to get others fired......the truth always comes out.................eventually!!!

08-01-2008, 04:23 AM
We haven't talked about this so I think we should. So, everyone start talking about this subject again.

08-01-2008, 06:40 AM
We haven't talked about this so I think we should. So, everyone start talking about this subject again.

This subject is almost a year old. Its another year the JL, BS and SC have been gone from the agency and the agency as well as those 3 people are better for it. Just drop it, none of them are coming back, even if they win their law suits. Why does this subject matter anymore and why do these people? I keep seeing them mentioned over and over again in post that have nothing to do with them. They have been gone for almost 2 years now, why are they still a subject? Seems to me there is someone (or maybe a few someones) out there that are scared of the pending law suits or maybe they are just people in the Ft. Myers office affraid that these people will come back and not put up with the whinning about zones and forums and other BS (not pun intended).
Look its a done deal, JL, BS and SC are never coming back, period, no questions asked. The agency may win or lose the suits but who cares. Move on to more current subjects and let the old news die with Elvis.

08-01-2008, 12:34 PM

Guess BS got bored one night at the bar and wanted to drum up something....

08-01-2008, 04:30 PM
I guarantee no one will put up with the nonsense that went on in Fort Myers before, from those 3. I hope they do come back, it will be interesting to see what happens.

08-01-2008, 04:55 PM
I guarantee no one will put up with the nonsense that went on in Fort Myers before, from those 3. I hope they do come back, it will be interesting to see what happens.

BS you were the nonsense in FM.....grow up!

06-26-2012, 01:28 AM

so true

look it is really going to happen this time. Ok maybe not;)

06-26-2012, 02:30 PM
[quote="True LEO":tjhdd2ij]Here we go again for following post was post by So True in the Senior Agents/Supervisors thread.

so true

look it is really going to happen this time. Ok maybe not;)[/quote:tjhdd2ij]

Seems to me that you've answered your own question. Your post makes a lot of sense with the exception of the good things you said about JJ Harris. He's the reason that 95% of what ABT does these days is chasing kids, doing surveys and inspections. That's what happens when you (agency) accept federal money. It's like a contract..................we give you funds, you do this and that. Harris fought the "powers bill" tooth and nail in spite of how important it was to the agents of which he was well aware. That's the reason that agents of yesteryear hold Harris in contempt.I don't know about today's ABT but past ABT personnel were qualified people of varing talents up to the task of complex investigations of many flavors and challenges. I was among those who welcomed these assignments and the rewards were always that of a job well done. Yeah, at times I had to chase kids, do inspections and the like. Guess what? On one inspection I discovered a felony amount of marijuana in the back room of a licensed premises. FS 562.41 gave me the authority to be there, inspecting and doing my ABT thing. No advance knowledge of any drug possession or dealing, just an honest inspection.. How rewarding is that? Felony arrest, marijuana seizure and adm case. Doesn't get any better than that. On another occasion and inspection of a 2-cop licensed premises (in the hood) revealed 16 bottles of whiskey of different brands and type. Arrested the licensee and when booking him at the local PD I had 4-different ranking officers come to me with slaps on the back because this guy was a pain in their ass and for whatever reason, they couldn't touch (or catch) him. Another rewarding experience for just doing routine ABT duties. The job is what you make it. :D
Bar fly

11-04-2012, 12:24 PM
http://www.sun-sentinel.com/news/browar ... full.story (http://www.sun-sentinel.com/news/broward/fl-take-home-police-cars-main-20121104,0,2222509,full.story)

If "real" law enforcement is going to lose its take home fleet, what will become of ABT investigators, let alone inspectors? I think the state is going to take away our cars. Our budget staff is already telling the director to park ours because we are out of gas money already.

11-04-2012, 05:45 PM
http://www.sun-sentinel.com/news/broward/fl-take-home-police-cars-main-20121104,0,2222509,full.story

If "real" law enforcement is going to lose its take home fleet, what will become of ABT investigators, let alone inspectors? I think the state is going to take away our cars. Our budget staff is already telling the director to park ours because we are out of gas money already.

If they take away our beverage cruisers, how the hell are we gonna get to Home Depot? :cop: :devil:

11-04-2012, 09:55 PM
http://www.sun-sentinel.com/news/broward/fl-take-home-police-cars-main-20121104,0,2222509,full.story

If they take away our beverage cruisers, how the hell are we gonna get to Home Depot? :cop: :devil:

I have had a beverage cruiser for more than 20 years. Every year I expect to lose it because it is a perk that costs money. Every year I have it I count it among my blessings. We are now faced with the biggest threat to law enforcement we have ever seen. Ricky and his minions will continue to make your life tough in the name of fiscal responsibility. Remember that we are public servants for as long as we have something to loose.

11-05-2012, 01:58 PM

I have had a beverage cruiser for more than 20 years. Every year I expect to lose it because it is a perk that costs money. Every year I have it I count it among my blessings. We are now faced with the biggest threat to law enforcement we have ever seen. Ricky and his minions will continue to make your life tough in the name of fiscal responsibility. Remember that we are public servants for as long as we have something to loose.
You need to learn how to spell l o s e . Or maybe you're talking about something not too tight, but rather a little loose.??? :snicker: :devil:

11-05-2012, 02:54 PM
does mini mike have a take home car? Will he lose that? Oh I forgot, Carbanannas is his official driver.

01-06-2013, 03:22 PM
Hey Carbanannas, is this not your area? Is ABT on the case? I hear the locals won't let us work it because your office does not know what they are doing when it comes to anything that is not "underage". :oops:

BOCA RATON —
A bartender at Josephine's Restaurant in Boca Raton was killed and a waiter was pistol whipped Friday after police said four men entered through a rear entrance after closing time and robbed lingering patrons, the owner and staff.
Rafael Rodriguez, 46, of Boca Raton, was shot at the restaurant, at 5751 N. Federal Highway, and later died at Delray Medical Center, Boca Raton Police Officer Sandra Boonenberg said.
The waiter, who police did not identify, was treated and released from the hospital Saturday.
Rodriguez was walking the waiter to the restaurant's rear door at 11:43 p.m., police said, when four masked men armed with revolvers or semi-automatic handguns pushed the workers to the ground.
After robbing the victims of wallets, jewelry and cellphones, one of the robbers had words with Rodriguez before firing at him, Boonenberg said.
The robbers — two wore backpacks and two wore ball caps — were seen running south.
"There seems to be a trend happening with violent crime," Boonenberg said. "People need to use caution."
The officer said the workers "were doing the right thing. The bartender was walking the waiter outside."

Let us all pray for this waiter's family. Tough time of year to lose a loved one.

01-06-2013, 03:37 PM
Hey Carbanannas, is this not your area? Is ABT on the case? I hear the locals won't let us work it because your office does not know what they are doing when it comes to anything that is not "underage". :oops:

BOCA RATON —
A bartender at Josephine's Restaurant in Boca Raton was killed and a waiter was pistol whipped Friday after police said four men entered through a rear entrance after closing time and robbed lingering patrons, the owner and staff.
Rafael Rodriguez, 46, of Boca Raton, was shot at the restaurant, at 5751 N. Federal Highway, and later died at Delray Medical Center, Boca Raton Police Officer Sandra Boonenberg said.
The waiter, who police did not identify, was treated and released from the hospital Saturday.
Rodriguez was walking the waiter to the restaurant's rear door at 11:43 p.m., police said, when four masked men armed with revolvers or semi-automatic handguns pushed the workers to the ground.
After robbing the victims of wallets, jewelry and cellphones, one of the robbers had words with Rodriguez before firing at him, Boonenberg said.
The robbers — two wore backpacks and two wore ball caps — were seen running south.
"There seems to be a trend happening with violent crime," Boonenberg said. "People need to use caution."
The officer said the workers "were doing the right thing. The bartender was walking the waiter outside."

Let us all pray for this waiter's family. Tough time of year to lose a loved one.
What the hell does this have to do with ABT? This is a police matter and has nothing to do with ABT's mission and responsibility. Would the moron that posted this please explain what ABT would investigate? If, however, the people who robbed the restaurant were ABT agents, then perhaps IA should have a look but most people think they're incompetent also.

01-06-2013, 05:52 PM
Point taken EXACTLY. This is just what the Legislature will use as leverage to get rid of you losers once and for all. ABT cops have NOTHING, I REPEAT NOTHING whatsoever with law enforcement. You do not need take home cars, high risk retirement, or a badge and a gun to do what lame job it is you do. FDLE can knock out the mandated surveys in a day, leaving the inspections to be done by civilians left to you morons. Why on earth would ABT work violent crimes in a licensed establishment. Duh……………….. You are more stupid than the average ABT cop, you must be a major.

01-06-2013, 08:53 PM
Point taken EXACTLY. This is just what the Legislature will use as leverage to get rid of you losers once and for all. ABT cops have NOTHING, I REPEAT NOTHING whatsoever with law enforcement. You do not need take home cars, high risk retirement, or a badge and a gun to do what lame job it is you do. FDLE can knock out the mandated surveys in a day, leaving the inspections to be done by civilians left to you morons. Why on earth would ABT work violent crimes in a licensed establishment. Duh……………….. You are more stupid than the average ABT cop, you must be a major.

I agree we are a no longer needed,clearly the tax payers money could be spend on other real law enforcement. I think you will see this agency disbanded.

01-06-2013, 10:11 PM
As we should be. We suck.

01-07-2013, 12:11 AM
yeah, suck wet farts