PDA

View Full Version : BETTER AND MORE EQUIPMENT

09-19-2007, 02:10 AM
CAN ANYONE ANSWER WHAT WILL IT TAKE FOR OUR CITY TO REALIZE THAT WE NEED TO BE MORE EQUIPED TO DO OUR JOB? OUR RADIO SYSTEM SUCKS, THE ONLY WAY TO CARRY A RIFLE IS IF YOU BUY ONE AND WAIT AROUND FOR THE DEPARTMENT TO HAVE A RIFLE COURSE, OUR LAP TOPS ARE OVER 6 YEARS OLD (AND HAVE A MIND OF THEIR OWN) AND OUR CAD SYSTEM IS THE WORST SYSTEM EVER.
CAN WE COME TOGETHER FOR ONCE AND DEMAND TO HAVE BETTER EQUIPMENT? THE CITY CONSTANTLY CRIES POOR, BUT THEY NEED TO REALIZE THAT DUE TO THE RECENT TRAGIC EVENTS THAT HAVE OCCURED, WE NEED TO BE READY FOR THOSE THAT ARE OUT THERE WILLING TO DO ANYTHING TO GET AWAY FROM US.
WHY SHOULD WE HAVE TO BUY OUR OWN RIFLES? IS THE CITY GOING TO SIT AND WAIT FOR A "HOLLYWOOD BANK ROBBERY" TO HAPPEN ON MIAMI BEACH IN ORDER TO ISSUE RIFLES TO ALL OFFICERS? DON'T FORGET THAT IT'S THE PATROL OFFICER WHO FIRST RESPONDS TO THE CALL AND HAS TO USE A HANDGUN AGAINST A SUBJECT WITH BODY ARMOR AND A HIGH POWERED RIFLE BEFORE SWAT GETS GEARED UP AND RESPONDS TO THE SCENE (ETA 1 HOUR AT LEAST). HOW ABOUT CALLING FOR A 3-15 AND NOBODY KNOWS OR UNDERSTANDS WHAT YOU ARE TRYING TO SAY BECAUSE MOTOROLA CAN'T SEEM TO FIX OUR RADIO SYSTEM PROPERLY (ANTENNA'S WE USE MY A**!!!)? THE COUNTY USES THE SAME ANTENNAS SOME OF US HAVE AND THEY DON'T SEEM TO HAVE A PROBLEM. WHY SHOULD WE HAVE TO GO TO THE INFO CHANNEL TO RUN A TAG WHEN WE TAKE A 19 INSTEAD OF THE VEHICLE INFO COMING UP ON THE DISPATCHER'S SCREEN WHEN SHE PUTS IN THE TAG? WHAT IF THE CAR IS A 22 OR WANTED FOR SOMETHING EVEN MORE SERIOUS AND WE ARE WASTING TIME OR WAITING TO BE HELPED ON THE INFO CHANNEL DUE TO SEVERAL OFFICERS BEING ON THE INFO CHANNEL AT ONCE?
EVERYONE IS ALWAYS CLAIMING THAT WE WORK FOR THE BEST DEPARTMENT IN THE STATE IF NOT THE NATION AND TO SOME EXTENT I AGREE, BUT IF WE ARE THE BEST, THEN WE SHOULD HAVE THE BEST!!! I UNDERSTAND THAT THINGS CAN'T HAPPEN OVER NIGHT, BUT SOMEONE NEEDS TO GET THE BALL ROLLING. THERE ARE MORE BAD GUYS OUT THERE THAN COPS AND WE NEED TO BE READY FOR WHATEVER COMES OUR WAY. :!: :!: :!:

09-19-2007, 02:40 AM
Quit *****ing dude, I work for Hialeah and we don't even have cars that run, and the ones that do crank up; they 45 an hour into the shift. I'm sorry if your take home doesn't have the required equipment.

09-19-2007, 02:56 AM
Quit *****ing dude, I work for Hialeah and we don't even have cars that run, and the ones that do crank up; they 45 an hour into the shift. I'm sorry if your take home doesn't have the required equipment.

Well, if you didn't work for a dictatorship, maybe you guys could be up to speed with the rest of us. The reason your cars are 45ing is because you have cars that are 10 years old out on the street and the new ones you have you treat them like s*&t since you can't take them home. If you guys choose to work under the conditions you work in, that's your problem if you don't want to do anything about it. Maybe you guys in the banana republic should come together also and demand for better equipment. I believe that pro force makes some valid points and I believe that guest wants to be a part of our department since he spends his time reading our posts instead of worrying about his department's own issues.

09-19-2007, 06:41 AM
-Stop changing the car design every couple of years.
-Cut our losses with Motorola and go with a system that works. Find out by some agencies that have a working system and adopt theirs?
-Stop filling positions (promotions) just because City is binded by contract. Fine, we fought for the spots. But it doesn't mean we have to fill it if not necessary. Keep more Officers on the road where they are needed.
-get back to the basics of equipment ( radios, vehicles, weapons) Improve these as best as possible and then go from there.
-Stop hiring retirees and placing them in high paying salaries as a citizen.

just some ideas may save some $$$

09-19-2007, 11:37 AM
The Department has been slowly Civilianizing Police positions over the last few years. It started with the SRO's and it has not stopped. The City tried to do the same thing with he Fire Prevention Office but the Fire Union fought it and the City backed off.

Too bad that BJ can not to something for the good of the order for once and demand a stop to this.

What has the FOP (BJ) done? NADA!

09-19-2007, 01:23 PM
Just a few simple points :

1- Stop promoting on top as we are top heavy, eliminate the rank of Captain and let the Lietenants run the shifts

2- Free motors to do ALL traffic, radar & accidents.

3- Hire more PSS's to do ALL basic reports and accidents.

4- Keep K-9 free for 38's, back ups, don't send them on b/s calls

5- CST for all shifts

6- Keep the paddy wagon in service on the street and no bring an officer in the station with a prisioner.

7- More phone reports for non emergency reports with a PSS.

8- More jailers, not cops in the jail.

10 -Cut our roll calls everyday, have it on your first day or last day. We have takehome cars, go 09 and to zone.

11- Cancel the sily overlap.

12- Keep the Sergeants in zone and working with the troops.

BE SAFE>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>

09-19-2007, 06:53 PM
GREAT COMMENTS PROFORCE. AND SGT, ONE MORE TO THE LIST: HIRE ONE OR TWO PSS FOR RCC.

09-19-2007, 08:08 PM
Guets,

I covered the PSS idea in RCC idea in #7, but thanks.

09-19-2007, 08:57 PM

Great you work for Hialeah , thats fantastic Hialeah is not exactly a city on par with ours. Yes you have very good cops , some of the best no question.
Your city it self is a joke , so no were not "*****ing" we just have alot better potential then your city will ever have. Thats not your fault, if you stay there , then it is your fault.

09-19-2007, 09:05 PM
hire more pss bodies, train them to work the RCC that will put one or two cops in service right there.
or even one pss in the RCC in every shift to help the officer
its crazy to have one body in there.

If your going to have a CST dayshift make sure you have a wagon at the ready at all times that WILL NOT be pulled for the jail run.

The radio system here has always been a point of liability.
officer saftey is jepordized, if any one gets hurt after this they can file suit against the city.

those are real serious issues at hand , there are more but those are the most pressing. and get two k-9 city wide every shift !

09-19-2007, 10:42 PM
A brief history lesson :

On 6-30-1988 when Det. Rakow was killed the MOTOROLA radio system was in need of a serious repairs that carried on for years. The City was about to go to 800 MZ but had not as of yet. On the day of the homicide the radio was in such poor condition some of his radio transmissions could not be understood. The City paid out an unknown amount during a settelment with his family.

Lets not let history repeat it self again............

09-19-2007, 11:12 PM
A brief history lesson :

On 6-30-1988 when Det. Rakow was killed the MOTOROLA radio system was in need of a serious repairs that carried on for years. The City was about to go to 800 MZ but had not as of yet. On the day of the homicide the radio was in such poor condition some of his radio transmissions could not be understood. The City paid out an unknown amount during a settelment with his family.

Lets not let history repeat it self again............

did everyone read that ? okay now it will be worse as it will be a second time someone gets hurt.
no excuses......

09-20-2007, 12:40 AM
and still the city manager allows for the LOW BIDDER to get the contract for our radios????!!!!

09-20-2007, 04:39 AM
Talking about radio issues and the city being cheap, last week EG from K9 called for a 3-15 in one of the high rise buildings in the middle and the majority of his transmissions could not even be understood and were not coming through clearly. He was fighting in the 19 or 20 floor of the building with a 38 and ended up inside of an elevator with the subject which he was trying to prevent from getting away. Fortunately, he was qru, but how bad could that have turned out. Not to mention that some idiot got on the air and slowed the units down because he understood that EG was stuck in the elevator and to make matters worse, that moron of a dispatcher who was on the air at the time didn't know where he was after he had been dispatched to the location.
WHAT'S IT GOING TO TAKE MR. CITY MANAGER...FOR ONE OF US TO GET KILLED OR SERIOUSLY INJURED FOR YOU TO PAY ATTENTION AND STOP BEING CHEAP?!!! THOSE RADIOS ARE OUR LIFE LINE AND WE SHOULD HAVE NOTHING BUT THE BEST!!! IT'S GOING TO COST THE CITY MORE IN THE LONG RUN IF SOMETHING HAPPENS TO ONE OF US! :x

09-21-2007, 04:39 AM

APPARENTLY YOU'RE NOT UNDERSTANDING THE POINT I'M TRYING TO MAKE, WHICH IS WHY THERE IS A MIAMI BEACH BEACH FORUM AND A HIALEAH FORUM. SINCE YOU ARE COMING ONTO THE BEACH FORUM WITH YOUR HIALEAH COMMENTS, I'LL TRY TO EXPLAIN IT TO YOU IN A WAY THAT YOU UNDERSTAND (SORRY, BUT NO SPANISH OR BANANA REPUBLIC LINGO). MY POINT IS STRICTLY TO BE ABLE TO BE READY FOR ANY SITUATION THAT WE ENCOUNTER. IT'S NOT ABOUT "*****ING DUDE". LIKE I SAID WE NEED TO BE PREPARED INSTEAD OF SITTING AROUND WAITING FOR THE SHIZZAT TO HIT THE FAN BEFORE SOMEONE IN CITY HALL TURNS ON THEIR LIGHT BULB AND SAYS..."MAYBE WE SHOULD HAVE HAD OUR OFFICERS PREPARED FOR THAT SITUATION". THE BAD GUYS ARE ALWAYS GOING TO BE PREPARED AND WE SHOULD BE READY FOR THEM.
I TRIED MY BEST. IF YOU DIDN'T UNDERSTAND THAT, THEN BRING OUT THE HIALEAH DICTIONARY/THESAURUS BOOK. ALTHOUGH I DON'T THINK THAT YOU WILL READ THIS SINCE YOU HAVE NOT POSTED ANYTHING ELSE SINCE EVERYONE STARTED BASHING YOU, I JUST WANT YOU TO KNOW THAT WE ON THE BEACH TAKE THE TIME TO EXPLAIN THINGS TO THOSE LESS FORTUNATE THAN US. STAY SAFE.

09-22-2007, 01:54 AM

APPARENTLY YOU'RE NOT UNDERSTANDING THE POINT I'M TRYING TO MAKE, WHICH IS WHY THERE IS A MIAMI BEACH BEACH FORUM AND A HIALEAH FORUM. SINCE YOU ARE COMING ONTO THE BEACH FORUM WITH YOUR HIALEAH COMMENTS, I'LL TRY TO EXPLAIN IT TO YOU IN A WAY THAT YOU UNDERSTAND (SORRY, BUT NO SPANISH OR BANANA REPUBLIC LINGO). MY POINT IS STRICTLY TO BE ABLE TO BE READY FOR ANY SITUATION THAT WE ENCOUNTER. IT'S NOT ABOUT "*****ING DUDE". LIKE I SAID WE NEED TO BE PREPARED INSTEAD OF SITTING AROUND WAITING FOR THE SHIZZAT TO HIT THE FAN BEFORE SOMEONE IN CITY HALL TURNS ON THEIR LIGHT BULB AND SAYS..."MAYBE WE SHOULD HAVE HAD OUR OFFICERS PREPARED FOR THAT SITUATION". THE BAD GUYS ARE ALWAYS GOING TO BE PREPARED AND WE SHOULD BE READY FOR THEM.
I TRIED MY BEST. IF YOU DIDN'T UNDERSTAND THAT, THEN BRING OUT THE HIALEAH DICTIONARY/THESAURUS BOOK. ALTHOUGH I DON'T THINK THAT YOU WILL READ THIS SINCE YOU HAVE NOT POSTED ANYTHING ELSE SINCE EVERYONE STARTED BASHING YOU, I JUST WANT YOU TO KNOW THAT WE ON THE BEACH TAKE THE TIME TO EXPLAIN THINGS TO THOSE LESS FORTUNATE THAN US. STAY SAFE.

Stop screaming Pro Force! Just thank God every day that you did not work here before Officers had radios (call box's). You would have been too scared to leave the Station.