PDA

View Full Version : ranger academy anyone

09-14-2007, 02:16 AM
It would seem that it is that time of year again, boys and girls.

Time for ranger academy.

We do not have the money in the budget for us to take law enforcement related classes, but we have the money for us to go to ranger academy.

One step forward........

I really thought that all of this nonsense would be over.

I bet if any of us applied to a course that related to law enforcement in that area, we would be turned down due to budget constraints.

09-14-2007, 09:37 PM
I'm sure that we would be granted to go to Ranger academy with no questions asked.

What a shame that all of the LE courses that we truly NEED have been axed again. But that is alright, we don't need to worry about making that traffic stop (inside the park of course) and having someone jump out of a vehicle with a fully automatic weapon and body armor and try to kill us.

Do they cover that subject in the Ranger Academy?

I think not. :x

09-19-2007, 04:08 PM
Get your facts straight kiddies, you can take all the reigon 15 classes at Pat Thomas you want, even with the budget cuts. The only thing the department has to pay for those is gas up there. Now let me guess...you shouldn't have to drive all the way up to Tallahassee for a class? Waiting for your next excuse why you never take any advanced training classes....

09-19-2007, 07:33 PM
O.K. I'll bite.

1. If, and only if, I can get approval from the Lt and then the Capt. I might be able to go to any class at Pat Thomas.

2. If I don't get a butt chewing for the cost of gas this month, I might be approved to spend the money for gas to get to Pat Thomas for a free class.

3. And finally, we all don't live in Tallahassee and our regional centers do offer classes for free too. But then again we can start on point number one again.

See a pattern here?

09-20-2007, 04:13 PM
O.K. I'll bite.

1. If, and only if, I can get approval from the Lt and then the Capt. I might be able to go to any class at Pat Thomas.

2. If I don't get a butt chewing for the cost of gas this month, I might be approved to spend the money for gas to get to Pat Thomas for a free class.

3. And finally, we all don't live in Tallahassee and our regional centers do offer classes for free too. But then again we can start on point number one again.

See a pattern here?

Well....

1. Sounds like it's a problem at your district level, not the agency forcing budget cuts. We've had numerous people approved for training since the budget cut started.

2. Sounds like a problem a your district level. Some districts have officers that do things besides vehicle patrol, thereby saving gas.

3. Sounds like a problem at your district level. If there are free classes being offered at academies in your district, and the district wouldn't be on the hook for travel, how can "budget cuts" be used as a valid reason for not sending you? You're right....we all don't live in Tallahassee. I for one, am not in the NW District, however, have been approved for numerous classes at Pat Thomas. Sounds like a problem at your district level...oh wait, did I already mention that?

See a patern here?

09-20-2007, 07:26 PM
Hey, whats wrong with Ranger Academy? I will tell you right now that if it was not for the Ranger Academy I would not be the man I am today. Did I ever tell you the story about the time I was in Ranger Academy? Well just sit right backand let me tell you.......It was a hot day, and I was just dropped of by my dear Aunt Sally and her little poodle snokims or was it nip nip? well it does not matter, There I was cleaning a tolit when who stops in but, John Edwards to fix his hair, well you could here a pin drop. He was there to speak about tree safty. well during his speach I stood up and asked "What the he11 does this have to do with law enforcement, and the next thing I knew I was tasered and fell to the floor. Well the next thing I can recall was waking up to snookims or was it Nip Nip? licking my face.

I still wonder if it were all a dream. But please don't talk bad about Ranger Academy. You too could have this great time

10-16-2007, 07:26 PM
Hey why dont you change our uniforms to park greenand give us guns and we can help cut grass....Wait thats what they did years ago. What idiot thinks a ranger academy has to do with Law Enforcement obviously knows NOTHING about Police work.

As far as the above problem if the Lt or Captain are not letting us go to school well that is not a district level issue. It is Staff Officer Issue therefor that makes it an agency issue. Come on people wake up. Why can we not go to incentive course in our local areas like FHP,DOT and the other agencies.

But then again Im sure they will help me learn how to fix plumbing and cut grass