PDA

View Full Version : Morgan's Videos

09-13-2007, 01:45 AM
Seems the PBA is interested in Morgan's videos...

http://www.nwfpba.org

09-13-2007, 04:27 AM
The following are statements you have made in your videos that we would like to see evidence of:

1. You have stated that last year’s Escambia Sheriff’s Office budget was $73 million dollars and that in July of this year (2007) the budget will be $120 million dollars. We would like to see evidence of those numbers.

2. You stated that the Escambia Sheriff’s Office is offering hiring bonuses. We would like to see evidence of anyone who was offered or received a hiring bonus at the Sheriff’s office.

3. You said that there have been 15 deaths at the jail by other than natural means. We would like to see a list of those who have died at the jail and by what means they died.

4. You have stated that 19 people at the Sheriff’s Office make more than the governor of the State of Florida. We would like a list of those names along with the salaries of those persons as well as what figures you have for the governor’s salary.

5. You have stated that the county gave the Sheriff $6 million dollars for raises but most employees only received 2.3% raises. We would like to see the evidence that the Sheriff received $6 million dollars and a list of any employees who received less than a 5% raise.

6. You have stated that the Sheriff is spending $14.7 Million dollars on a new garage. We would like to see any evidence as to how much the new garage is going to cost.

7. You have stated that “Road Deputies” are being sent to the jail to fill manpower shortages. We would like the names of any such law enforcement officers.

I dont think that Morgan can provide the documents to support his allegations. It is also my belief that Morgan will not issue a correction to his message letting the public know he has erred. Morgan is no different than the current sheriff and that is why I will not vote for either Morgan or McNesby.

09-13-2007, 06:50 AM
http://realitynews.net/answer.pdf

09-13-2007, 07:23 AM
The following are statements you have made in your videos that we would like to see evidence of:

1. You have stated that last year’s Escambia Sheriff’s Office budget was $73 million dollars and that in July of this year (2007) the budget will be $120 million dollars. We would like to see evidence of those numbers.

2. You stated that the Escambia Sheriff’s Office is offering hiring bonuses. We would like to see evidence of anyone who was offered or received a hiring bonus at the Sheriff’s office.

3. You said that there have been 15 deaths at the jail by other than natural means. We would like to see a list of those who have died at the jail and by what means they died.

4. You have stated that 19 people at the Sheriff’s Office make more than the governor of the State of Florida. We would like a list of those names along with the salaries of those persons as well as what figures you have for the governor’s salary.

5. You have stated that the county gave the Sheriff $6 million dollars for raises but most employees only received 2.3% raises. We would like to see the evidence that the Sheriff received $6 million dollars and a list of any employees who received less than a 5% raise.

6. You have stated that the Sheriff is spending $14.7 Million dollars on a new garage. We would like to see any evidence as to how much the new garage is going to cost.

7. You have stated that “Road Deputies” are being sent to the jail to fill manpower shortages. We would like the names of any such law enforcement officers.

Let's see, the reply noted in the pdf format did not address the questions numbered 2 though 7. Am I suprrised? Nope!

In regards to question #1, Morgan has to be an idiot to think that on July 1, that the sheriff was handed $47+ million dollars in LOST III money. The $47 million dollars budgeted as part of LOST III is spread out over a period of time. Didn't Morgan read the whole article?

Now, Morgan doesn't have the correct answer to question #1 either. Am I surprised? Hell no!

Morgan has routinely stretched the truth and in some cases just outright lied. Morgan is no different than the current sheriff. I wont vote for Morgan and I wont vote for McNesby.

09-13-2007, 01:04 PM
Morgan is not a criminal. 2 felony charges for McNesby. 3 misdemeanor. That seem to be several obvious differences. Let's see... He graduated HS and got a Master's degree. That's an obvious difference. No grand juries for Morgan. 4 for McCriminal. There's another difference. No ethics hearings for Morgan. He's open to public contact. McNesby is hiding under a rock. I'm voting for Morgan.

09-13-2007, 01:19 PM
Morgan is not a criminal. 2 felony charges for McNesby. 3 misdemeanor. That seem to be several obvious differences. Let's see... He graduated HS and got a Master's degree. That's an obvious difference. No grand juries for Morgan. 4 for McCriminal. There's another difference. No ethics hearings for Morgan. He's open to public contact. McNesby is hiding under a rock. I'm voting for Morgan.

09-13-2007, 04:37 PM
Morgan is a liar. Just watch his video's and listen to his statements. Too much information out there to refute many of his comments. Power corrupts. Just a matter of time before he has a Grand Jury investigation should he be elected.

Just say NO to Morgan and McNesby.

09-13-2007, 07:13 PM
If not McNesby or Morgan, then who? Who else is running and who else do we have to pick from?

09-14-2007, 11:54 AM
In the interest of factual comprehension, here are a couple of translations from the LEO BLOG to English dictionary:

Morgan is a liar = Morgan is the only one with the courage to expose the corruption that pervades the leadership at the ECSO.

If not Morgan or McNesby then who? = Who can we get that will keep the corruption and back room deals alive and well after McNesby is imprisoned or beaten in the election (or both)?

From time to time as a public service we'll be offering these translations of the BLOG posts by Dennis & Rex. After January 2009 no further translations will be necessary.

09-14-2007, 05:18 PM
If not McNesby or Morgan, then who? Who else is running and who else do we have to pick from?

There are two others who have already pre qualified for the sheriff’s poisition. One is a private detective who works for one of the attorneys who’s name is Sam Lucas. The other is a retired Lt. from the sheriffs department named Larry Scapecchi. They are listed along with McNesby and Morgan on the supervisor of elections web page at : http://www.escambiavotes.com/index.php under the tab ‘running for office and finances’. Keep watching that page because as time goes on it’s a safe bet more will jump in the race before the date of the election so we should have plenty to pick from.

09-15-2007, 07:33 PM
There were several new hires that came to the ECSO from outside agencies that admitted they recieved several thousand dollars for coming over here. Will anyone be able to prove it here? I doubt it but if they say they got it, I believe them as they had no reason to lie at the time it was being discussed.

09-15-2007, 11:52 PM
It's just a false rumor. I don't think it's legal for a sheriff's office to offer hiring bonuses. The best they could get would be to start out at DS rather than DST.

It's amazing that Morgan throws out crap like the hiring bonuses and everything else mentioned in that letter then says it's not his job to offer proof. I specifically remember in one of his videos where he said 19 people made more than the governor and someone in the audience asked him to repeat it. He again stated 19 then said he had the names if the guy would like to see them. Apparently Morgan doesn't have them...He gets what he deserves from the people that pushed him to run. I'm sure he thought they were legit but even now he must wonder to himself why he presented some of the misinformation he did. That's what he gets for listening to kooks.

09-16-2007, 12:31 AM
David Morgan has been telling the truth all along. He has whenever possible quoted published sources for his material. David and his wife are the people who decided on his current candidacy. He selects his own material. Whatever your concern may be with some of his supporters, I suggest you get used to it. In a democracy a candidate can not choose their supporters. Here are some of the more humorous attempts to malign his candidacy: Morgan is no different than the current sheriff and that is why I will not vote for either Morgan or McNesby. Though a scathing attack and brutal allegation, a simple comparison of their records would indicate a vast difference between the two.
I dont think that Morgan can provide the documents to support his allegations. Documents have been provided in all cases but the few where confidential sources are involved. Power corrupts. Just a matter of time before he has a Grand Jury investigation should he be elected. So what are you saying here? Better a corrupt official we know than a newcomer who is doomed to corruption? Hmm if that one is true we might as well declare McNesby Sheriff for life. I don't think you'll find much support for that in the current climate. BTW Grand Juries are empaneled.
The truth is that current ECSO management is hearing the same feedback that we are getting from the public. David Morgan is beating McNesby and it's becoming more obvious every day.

09-16-2007, 02:01 AM
Rusty Wells has got to be one of the 19 earning more than the Governor. Doesn't he have 2 full time salaries from both the city and the county? Nice trick huh? He must be tireless and sleepless like George Touart.

09-16-2007, 07:31 AM
Rusty Wells has got to be one of the 19 earning more than the Governor. Doesn't he have 2 full time salaries from both the city and the county? Nice trick huh? He must be tireless and sleepless like George Touart.

this link (http://www.brevardelections.org/state.htm#gov)
Charlie Crist, Govenor
Salary as of 10/1/06: $132,932

InWeekly (http://www.inweekly.net/county_salary.asp?postback=p)
McNesby, Ron Sheriff $138,636.00
Smith, Larry Sheriff $127,515.23
Stevens, Benjamin "Steve" $108,033.74

Based on this information there is only ONE person at the S/O that exceeds the Governor's salary. If we could only get the Morgan campaign to provide their list of employees whose salary allegedly exceeds that of the Governors.

09-16-2007, 01:01 PM
no No NO!!! If Morgan said it it must be true. :roll:

09-16-2007, 03:14 PM
Maybe he's including their benifits cost along with their base salaries. If so there's a high number of employees who's total salary cost exceed the Gov.s base salary.

09-16-2007, 08:10 PM
It is salaries plus benefits to which he refers. There are no shortage of grossly overpaid bureaucrats at the ECSO. Larry Smith has to be over $200,000 when you add in his FDLE retirement.

09-16-2007, 11:20 PM
It is salaries plus benefits to which he refers. There are no shortage of grossly overpaid bureaucrats at the ECSO. Larry Smith has to be over $200,000 when you add in his FDLE retirement.

If this is true, it is another example of how Morgan stretches the truth. Just one of the many reasons why Morgan is no better than the current administration.

09-17-2007, 01:44 AM
Maybe he's including their benifits cost along with their base salaries. If so there's a high number of employees who's total salary cost exceed the Gov.s base salary.

If he didn't know that the kooks he has surrounded himself with gave him a false comparison, then that would make his statement that 19 people at the sheriff's office make more than the governor a unintentional lie. If he knew that he was adding benefits to one group and compaired it to the governor without adding the same benefits then it was an intentional lie.

Using the Independent News article the 19th Person down makes $78000. Let's add 10% longevity (which that person doesn't even make) for another $7800. Lets add retirement (20% of $78000) which is $15,600. Lets say it's $6000 for a take home car and $3600 a year for health insurance. That still comes out to a grand total of $111,000 with all benefits, far less than the governor's base salary. That makes Morgan's statement a baseless, intentional lie. (much like the rest of his videos.) But I'm sure a confidential informant gave him that information so that makes it o.k. and he doesn't have to confirm it before presenting it as truth.

Why would he intentionally put out false information without checking his facts?

09-17-2007, 02:13 AM
You're short on the health cost for the employee and didnt include SS payments.

09-17-2007, 02:51 AM

If this is true, it is another example of how Morgan stretches the truth. Just one of the many reasons why Morgan is no better than the current administration.

You must have thought real hard about your answer. If it's true (which I believe) then it is no stretch. I'm voting for Morgan.

09-17-2007, 03:29 AM

ok lets say its $500 a month for health insurance but its not. (single only) That adds $2400. Social Security match lets say $7000? $10000? It still doesn't add up. Again that's all benefits. I wonder how many benefits the Governor gets. Lets be clear. Morgan said there are 19 people at the Sheriff's office who made more than the Governor. That is a lie. Comparing apples to apples there is no one at the sheriff's office including the sheriff who makes more than the governor if you want to include benefits.

Morgan is spreading lies as truth. We deputies know this.

09-17-2007, 06:48 AM
bottom line, you cant say they make more money, then try to add all the benefits in afterwards. if you do that then you have to also throw in the goveners benefits. the gov gets a free mansion, 24 hour security, private jet, limo's, on and on..... so compare the same numbers.

so yea, theres alot of overpaid employees, so enough about them, why dont all these people who care so much about the deputies talk about the 10 year veterans who have stayed with this department and are lucky to be making 35k a year, if that. talk about having a degree, years of experience and training and only making 400 dollars more a year than somebody who's been employeed since breakfast.

09-17-2007, 02:54 PM

ok lets say its $500 a month for health insurance but its not. (single only) That adds $2400. Social Security match lets say $7000? $10000? It still doesn't add up. Again that's all benefits. I wonder how many benefits the Governor gets. Lets be clear. Morgan said there are 19 people at the Sheriff's office who made more than the Governor. That is a lie. Comparing apples to apples there is no one at the sheriff's office including the sheriff who makes more than the governor if you want to include benefits.

"No wonder you're a McNesby supporter. You are quick to call Morgan "a
liar" for putting forth the outrageous salaries for admin and you can't even
multiply. $500 per month adds $2400? Try $6000 a year. Let's see that
plus the SS bumps a whole bunch up there doesn't it? And how about all the
retiree's coming back through Landrum? Drawing 2 county checks? And the
previous poster was right about Wells. I asked Morgan about this (there's a
novel idea) and he explained the double (triple?) dippers and the non sworn
personnel. But the last leo poster is right on. We can nitpick this guy to
death but is he going to deliver for the rank and file? If so, I'm for him.
We can be sure that RMc won't. Hell, it took him over 6 years to sign a new
contract."

09-17-2007, 07:49 PM
Talking about cooking the books....if the Morganators want to include the SO employees that are SUPPOSED to be making more than the Governor in his LIE-formercials by adding past employment retirements and benefits and maybe the money they made while selling lemonaid when they were 6, does the Governor's salary also come with benefits and perks that we need to add on as well?!?!? Typical David Craig inspired crap!!!!!

09-17-2007, 10:54 PM

"No wonder you're a McNesby supporter. You are quick to call Morgan "a
liar" for putting forth the outrageous salaries for admin and you can't even
multiply. $500 per month adds $2400? Try $6000 a year. Let's see that
plus the SS bumps a whole bunch up there doesn't it? And how about all the
retiree's coming back through Landrum? Drawing 2 county checks? And the
previous poster was right about Wells. I asked Morgan about this (there's a
novel idea) and he explained the double (triple?) dippers and the non sworn
personnel. But the last leo poster is right on. We can nitpick this guy to
death but is he going to deliver for the rank and file? If so, I'm for him.
We can be sure that RMc won't. Hell, it took him over 6 years to sign a new
contract."

Try following the thread before you make yourself look stupid for trying to look smart. I had calculated health insurance at $300 a month for a total of $3600. By bumping it up to $500 a month that would be an increase to my original total by $2400 so "add $2400." Pipe down now. Surely you aren't trying to back up the allegation that 19 people at the SO make more than the governor.

The point isn't if there are overpaid people at the SO. I don't think there's a lot of debate about that. The problem is Morgan will make facts up (lie) to try to prove a point. That's the same M.O. as RMPT David Craig and the rest of his supporters.

09-18-2007, 12:02 AM
Morgan has far more integrity than the incumbent. He is much better educated. He is the only person in the race promising to raise CO and Deputy salaries to a minimum $35K to start. The contract employees, directors and other overpaid useless flunkies can take a hike as far as I'm concerned. And I don't worry too much about who makes what. I know the top dogs are grabbing as much as they can in benefits. Personally I like to hear about new stuff and not get bogged down in debates over interpretations. I'm sure there will be an audit on the near horizon and then we'll know where all the money has gone. Morgan puts out a show a month and my guess is we'll see some new information soon from the candidate. I've heard others express interest in who is running for car 1. But I've only heard from one candidate. David Morgan. I've watched all his videos and he makes sense. Why are the others so shy? Afraid to take on MacGorilla? Stick with your MacDodo if you want but he's on the way out. His convictions in January won't help his case much either. Elect Sheriff David Morgan in 2008 and get rid of the bozo in there now.

09-19-2007, 01:12 PM
"I'm a citizen follower of this blog and I see some disturbing trends. Why
is it that the "I'm not voting for McNesby or Morgan" posters only point out
what they dislike about Morgan? Why is it that the poster convinced there
aren't "19 people making more than the Governor" writing posts that "require
interpretation?" (Add this, subtract that, multi-ply by quarter?)

Maybe you need to be a non leo to understand what Morgan said. I have
listened to his videos (as do PBA?) he clearly stated on more than one
occasion "make more than...."
Now, had he said the "sheriff is paying, the country commission is paying,
the county administrator is paying, salaries that are more than the governor
makes?" Well, you'd be right, that's a lie.

Maybe I'm not standing as close to the fire as you all are, but I (we) the
public understood immediately what he meant. There's a whole group of
good'ol boys down there drawing more than one city, county, state check, and
it's a club. You get on the inside and rake in the bucks. Without respect
for qualifications or lack of. It's another scam costing us taxpayer's a
ton of money.

In my line of work we look at the entire benefit package. We include "pay
and benefits" as do all company's in assessing employee costs. I would
expect that deputy and jail employee's pay would always be the focus. But
it appears that you are working for a sheriff that thinks only of himself
and his inner circle. Why are their salaries so out of proportion with the
folks doing the job?

So, unlike some other posters I'll be direct, as a taxpayer Morgan is making
a lot of sense.

09-19-2007, 10:43 PM
I resent the fact that you as a citizen call yourself a taxpayer as if we LEO's don't pay the same taxes you do.

No matter if you add benefits or not there are not 19 people making more than the governor at the ECSO. The PBA seems to have asked for them and he told a "tax payer" on one of his videos he had the list and could show him. Where is the list?

"If the list don't exist, you must insisit (that he's lying)".

I am also highly suspect that you must be in Morgan's camp. There aren't too many "tax payers" that just wander in here. You say that I might have to be a non-leo to understand what he said. I suggest to you you have to be an LEO to understand all the BS he puts out.

09-20-2007, 03:30 AM
Just to set the record straight, I’m a tax payer, not an officer but did not just wander in here. I was directed to the site by a friend who is a deputy who told me I would be able to read and make post pertaining to the sheriffs’ department. I’m an old man who is retired, disabled and have a lot of time to surf the internet. I also enjoy reading the post of several other offices and find it informative (and sometime entertaining) to read what is going on in the law enforcement community around the state. Before I started reading the posts on LEOA, I didn’t know there were so many problems in the Florida Highway Patrol. With that said,

Ok, all of you who have been arguing back and forth over what the salaries really are at the Sheriffs department got my attention and made me curious to find which side is correct. Therefore, I accessed the information that is posted on the Independent News web site (http://www.inweekly.net/ ) and opened the option titled “Who Makes $ What , County and City Data Base” on the front page of that site. Once opened, I accessed the salaries listed for the Sheriffs Department and extrapolated the following:

Eighteen (18) employees including the Sheriff are being paid a base salary of from $80,000 up to $138,636 with three of those being paid over $100,000, one at $97,000, one at $95,000 and six at $85,000 and above and seven at $80,000 and above.

Seventeen (17) employees are being paid base salaries from $75,000 to $80,000

Therefore there are thirty five (35) employees) who are being paid base salaries in excess of $75,000.

The real salary cost, would be difficult to determine without having access to the payroll records but according to accountants who are familiar with government finances, they tell me the cost will be somewhere in the neighborhood of an additional 25 % (or more) .to cover retirement, health insurance, workman’s comp. insurance, automobile allowances, etc.

Adding the incidental salary cost of 25% to the preceding 18 employees in the $80,000 to $138,636 range will result in them having a total salary cost of approximately $100,000 to $172,795.

The 17 employees in the $75,000 to $80,000 range will have salary costs in the $93,750 to $100,000 range.

Therefore Morgan should amend his report to the public about the salaries of the Deputies to reflect that there are thirty five (35) employees whose salaries cost the Escambia County Taxpayers from $93,750 up to $172,795

If the voting public then objects to these seemingly high salaries being paid to so many employees, they well put McNesby out of office so the salary cost can be put back in control. If all the salaries can be justified by salaries being paid in the local area McNesby will be able to defend them as being just and necessary and the public will give him another four years. On the other hand, if they find that he is overpaying certain employees, they’ll have a chance and should retire him.

I also now believe Morgan is mistaken in his reports about the salaries. He obviously has been relying on erroneous information that 19 employees make more than the governor. On the other hand, If McNesby has some favorites that he is paying overtime to on a regular basics, nineteen could very well being paid (with costs) more than the governor because the governors salary is fixed and he cannot be paid overtime. Any overtime paid will not be reflected in the base salaries shown for the employees in the report that the Independent obtained. If it’s an honest mistake, it’s not too late for Morgan to admit the error and he should amend his campaign information and move on. If Morgan’s’ figures include overtime, he should reveal that.

In either case, now that I’ve studied the salaries I believe there is obviously a lot of fat that can be trimmed from the Sheriff’s budget, especially in some of the questionable extremely high salaries. If that’s the message Morgan is trying to convey, he should say just that and end the rhetoric about nineteen employees being paid more than the governor.

That’s just one taxpayers opinion for whatever it’s worth.

09-20-2007, 07:50 AM
I also now believe Morgan is mistaken in his reports about the salaries. He obviously has been relying on erroneous information that 19 employees make more than the governor. If it’s an honest mistake, it’s not too late for Morgan to admit the error and he should amend his campaign information and move on.

Its not an honest mistake. Morgan knows his information is not correct and continues to state the inflated figures. This makes him a liar and no better than those in the current administration.

If that’s the message Morgan is trying to convey, he should say just that and end the rhetoric about nineteen employees being paid more than the governor.

Wouldnt it be nice to have Morgan speak the truth? But then his message wouldnt be as glamorous. This is only one of the many lies that Morgan shares in his videos. Its just another reason why I wont vote for him or McNesby.

There are lots of problems within the agency. But what agency our size doesnt have problems? We truly need a strong leader. BUt if those who desire to lead the agency are willing to lie at this stage of the political process what will they do should they get elected?

09-21-2007, 12:09 AM
Great idea in this one about an independent audit. What better way to restore faith in the sheriff's financial acumen then to find out where all the money really goes. Right boys? I'm sure the administration will get right on it. That will save the David Morgan administration the expense of doing an audit as soon as he takes office in January 2009. Plus ole Ronnie will be able to point out all the great investments he's made for the taxpayers. Like the Landrum contracts for temps. I wonder how many of them make more than the governor? And since Morgan points out the statute that may apply to the former administrator I'm sure the ECSO will start an investigation right away.
http://72.12.51.34:8080/ramgen/reality/ ... show-10.rm (http://72.12.51.34:8080/ramgen/reality/morgan-show-10.rm)

09-21-2007, 01:35 AM
Yawn. Let's see. Morgan shows his complete ignorance how the Florida Retirement System is funded and works, makes up a lie that 66 million of the 80 million dollar budget is missing, then promises 2 million of the 80 million to fund ECAT buses if he is elected.

Morgan is looking better every day :roll: :roll: :roll:

09-21-2007, 02:00 AM
Morgan needs to find a replacement for whoever he has doing his research for him for material for his speeches. In the recent clip he takes exception to the law that governs which years count towards an employee’s retirement. He has been misinformed once again as whoever told him that that a sheriffs office employees retirement is based on that employees high three salary years didn’t know what they are talking about. The high three has been proposed for the last several years but in each case was not passed by the legislature. Retirement amounts are currently based on an average of an employee’s salaries from his high five years of service, still a very sweet deal not generally found in the private sector but not as sweet as the high 3 would have been if it had passed.(FS 121.091)

09-21-2007, 06:18 AM
Mr Morgan,
the information provided to you about the florida retirement system is way off base. the FRS, that the escambia deputies are in, is the same frs that fireman, teachers, and any state employee. The sheriff does not set the rules for % gained for each year of service, or how many years it takes to be vested.

a deputy today that retired after six years of service would recieve 18% of their high 5 years, so basically 18% of 32-34 thousand, and I am not sure, but i believe that they would not be able to draw that 18% pay until they are retirement age.

most people would server 25 years, at 3% per year, or, at the end they would draw 75% of their high 5 years.

http://www.rol.frs.state.fl.us/myfrs/rp ... _about.asp (http://www.rol.frs.state.fl.us/myfrs/rp/frspension_about.asp)

09-21-2007, 12:30 PM
Isn't it something that he spends the first 3 minutes talking about truth and honesty when his videos are filled with misinformation and lies.

09-21-2007, 01:40 PM
Eighteen percent retirement for those in the 32 to 34 K range is a pittance retirement but not so for those few at the top who are drawing $80,000 to $100,000 salaries. Their retirement will be $14,400 to $18,000 a year. Not bad for only 6 years on the job.

09-21-2007, 06:40 PM
Take home cars cost the taxpayers to much money, cut them. Deputies can drive to and from work like civilians.

The FRS cost the taxpayer to much, deputies can have a 401k just like everyone else. Well you say almost every single law enforcement agency in the state, as well as teachers and fireman, ect are all enrolled in FRS ? yea and? whats that have to do with tax paying citizens here? tell the cry baby deputies to move and find another job.

Deputies recieve assignment pay each month for specialized units, but arent they just doing there jobs? YES. if you choose to be on swat, or investigations, or whatever, you chose it, so deal with it. cut your assignment pay so the taxpayers can have relief.

Deputies currenctly recieve 50 dollar per year to buy a pair of boots. WHAT ? waste, cut that. My job does not buy my boots, so why should tax payers foot the bill?

In new york city where I lived, the police officers there have to buy all of their own equipment. period, so why should taxpayers have to pay for deputies to have 25,000 dollar rifles, and lasers on their guns, and tasers ? cut it.

The county commission gives the sheriff 3,000 per year to cover the cost of health insurance for SO employees, BUT the sheriff spends additional money from his budget to pay for insurance for deputies... this is outrageous. the taxpayer should not pay this cost. cut it.

lets not correct any pay compression issues, lets raise starting pay to 35k to further compound the problem, and lets give away 2 million dollars to another agency.

awesome. where do i sign up?

09-21-2007, 07:17 PM
Is the above post sarcasm or retardation?

09-21-2007, 07:50 PM
You fortgot to mention the Sheriff buys all his buddy mechanics $500 worth of tools every year.

09-21-2007, 08:13 PM
Let us begin with thanking all of our campaign video followers and researchers. We have gone back and re-verified the information we gathered from the Escambia County Commission Meetings (re; George Tourart), and the PNJ reporting on the “high 3 yrs pay increment” in computing executive pay salaries for retirement.

The blog posters are correct and we are in error. (Thank you for the specific FL Statute.) Thankfully you all caught this on our website BEFORE airing on cable TV. We are in the process of re-editing the piece which will correct this information.

While we go to great lengths to independently verify our information, errors (unfortunately) will occur. When this happens it is incumbent upon us to accept the responsibility, correct it, and move forward.

Please take a look at the re-edited version that will be posted by midnight tonight, 9/21. The final version is due solely to your assistance.

Thanks again from the Morgan for Sheriff Campaign!

09-21-2007, 09:14 PM
Not a problem. Now maybe he can issue corrections on all the other errors from his previous videos. Please keep in the part about giving 2 million of the Sheriff's budget to keep the ECAT going. I'm sure that'll get him a ton of votes.

09-22-2007, 01:39 AM
We often hear how poorly paid the deputies in Escambia County are especially when it gets near budget and election time. David Morgan is promising to raise the starting salary for deputies to $35,000. The question that has been asked is where would he get the money? Another Morgan campaign theme is the Sheriff’s department is top heavy. That particular remark is an understatement. The employment rolls shows that McNeasby has packed the top with highly paid cronies at the expense of the employees who are doing the bulk of the work. That’s where Morgan can get the money.

The definition of being poor doesn’t apply to those at the top. The salaries paid to the top 34 paid employees, not including the Sheriff totals $2,903,949.00. When you add a modest salary cost of 25%, those same 34 are costing taxpayers $3,629,936.25. If you have any doubts as to the accuracy of the figures, add them up yourself, they’re all posted on the Independent News web site.

The 3.62 million averages a salary cost for those 34 is $106,762.00 per year. The hundred thousand plus salary cost doesn’t include free full time use of an automobile with all the gas they want to burn. Even if the cost is not included, the base average annual base salary for those 34 is $85,410.00. That is not a poor mans salary.

When McNesby took office 7 years ago the average salary cost for the top 34 paid employees was less than $60,000 and the Deputies average salaries were in the mid to high twenties. This means he has given those at the top raises exceeding $25,000 a year at the same time the salaries of the deputies and other employees have only received modest increases.

If McNesby was to trim out half of those at the top and get by with the other half he could save 1.8 million dollars which would be enough to give the deputies at the bottom a raise in the neighborhood of $2,000 a year which would bring their starting salaries close to $35,000 which proves that what Morgan is promising is doable.

It’s obvious that McNesby will never trim the fat from the top because he has no concern about how much money he spends. His attitude reflects a total indifference to cost as long as its not his personal money. Besides what easier way to buy friends and loyalty but by spending tax money.

Those who are saying that Morgan is making promises he can’t keep are dead wrong. The money is there, it just has to be re-allocated to where the real need is. The employees who are being denied a decent salary because of the salaries being paid to those top 34 will soon have a way to correct this inequity. It’s called the ballot box. Each one should encourage our families, friends and relatives to vote to get rid of McNesby.

09-22-2007, 02:08 AM
Gee, now he's going to have to trim half those at the top just to pay for ECAT buses.

09-22-2007, 02:24 AM
Sounds like a good idea as long as he uses the money to raise the salaries of the deputies.

09-22-2007, 08:09 AM
Der Macenfuhrer has more than enough money in that 85 million dollar budget to pay the deputies the $35,000 to start and scale up the rest from there. I hope Morgan fires all of the contract employees. There is another 47 million coming to Mad Mac for the training facility that we don't need. And I believe there is a bunch of money (millions) that are just plain missing. If the truth comes out he will be in awfully deep doodoo.

09-22-2007, 02:08 PM
Please keep the conspiracy kook comments to RonnieMacFubar. Besides he hasn't had a post in over 10 days. He misses you.

09-22-2007, 05:47 PM
Uh, I was kind of making fun of those people. I know it's tough but try keep up okay.

09-22-2007, 10:53 PM
Did that comment above refer to a "training facility we dont need"?

How many of you have been to other large agencies and seen their training areas? Ous is a joke. IM embarrassed for other gencies to see what we have to work with.

Tiny portable classrooms and bathrooms with no doors at the range... no driving range... inadequate shooting range... no defensive tactics areas.

We DEFINITELY need a training facility.

09-23-2007, 07:16 AM
You could fit all the facilities on 25 acres with room to spare. So why is the sheriff trying to cram a 521 acre facility on the already overburdened taxpayers. We already own the land that the muzzleloaders used for free. Why not upgrade that for a range? By abandoning it the commission is just forcing us to tackle a cleanup that will likely be another moneymaker for Touart and friends. The way the sheriff wastes money is a huge burden for the average resident. If there is money in it for him or his friends it's a priority. But when it comes to hiring enough deputies or paying them adequately you can forget it. When are you going to recognize that you have been hung out to dry by Harry Ron McNesby?

09-23-2007, 12:30 PM
When are you going to realize that even if we believe that, Morgan will never be an option.

09-23-2007, 11:47 PM
Morgan will be a horrible option if you are not wanting to work and have an inflated insider salary. If you are a Deputy or actually have a good attitude then he will be the best option. Right now it's Protect RonnieMac so he don't get served. Under Morgan it will be a great place to be the police. Not so good to be a rude and insolent management dimwit. So options vary greatly. You'll see. Really, if the truth be told, it's only management that is posting the Morgan's a moron, idiot, etc.. Their concern is that the audit may uncover problems (legal problems perhaps?) for McNesby.

09-24-2007, 01:44 AM
Again you are so blinded by your ignorance to what is going on you can't understand this simple fact. We might not be for McNesby but we are 110% against Morgan.

Fact: RMabuses power was getting over a hundred hits a day in its heyday. RMFubar hasn't had a post in weeks.

Fact: Morgan is about out of cash, McNesby has over 100,000 sitting around, we have no clue what Scappecci has done.

Fact: Not one deputy has come out in support of Morgan. Several have publicly come out in support of Scapecchi. They still aren't fired or even harassed. I'm assuming your confidential informant, Morgan supporters are feeding you the lie they will be fired so they don't have to pony up money to a dead campaign.

Fact: People are looking into your lies. They will be pointed out publicly soon enough.

Fact: Morgan's major supporters have either deserted him or are so far out there that even if deputies wanted to consider him, they wouldn't because of Craig/Ely/Boyd, etc. Don't forget, David Craig formed CLEO and they kicked him out for being to extreme. Now he is David Morgan's media advisor. Too extreme for CLEO, but just right for David Morgan.

Fact: Morgan will not ever be Sheriff in Escambia county. Remember Craig, you predicted a Willis win, then a Powell win. The fact you are saying Morgan is going to win seals it.

Fact: We have not forgotten it was the Cop Hating bunch at RMPT that urged Morgan to run. Let's not forget a quote from Morgan himself in the Independent News, “I don’t need the job. My wife and I are financially secure. I’m rather a relunctant candidate, but people have been approaching me over the past few months about running again.” Who were the people contacting him to run? Go back and read the RMPT archives and you'll see it was them.

09-24-2007, 02:57 AM
Again you are so blinded by your ignorance to what is going on you can't understand this simple fact. We might not be for McNesby but we are 110% against Morgan.

Who are "we?" Dennis and Rex? You sure do complain alot about a candidate who is an honorable veteran, well educated and insisting that the deputies be properly paid.

Fact: RMabuses power was getting over a hundred hits a day in its heyday. RMFubar hasn't had a post in weeks.

The purpose of those blogs was to push the awareness of corruption into the public arena. Have you listened to the Mac's biggest cheerleader Luke recently? His callers aren't too happy with Ron McNesby. Read any of the articles about Touart's ethics foibles? Seen the PNJ & InWeekly polls on what to do about the former Administrator? Read the letters to the editor or online comments at PNJ? Notice how the commission went from "golden parachute" to "go away George" in one week? The blogs have accomplished their primary goals. I applaud them for their patriotic contributions. Fact: The writing is on the wall.

Fact: Morgan is about out of cash, McNesby has over 100,000 sitting around, we have no clue what Scappecci has done.

I've heard alot about how Morgan is running out of money. He doesn't seem to be running out of ideas, TV Shows or supporters though. I'd take popular support over hated candidate with money sitting around anytime. McNesby is hoarding his campaign cash for two clear reasons. First, to see him is to hate him. His mere appearance is a reminder of everything that needs changing in our county. And second, he's likely going to use it as his own golden parachute. (Or perhaps to pay some of his legal bills for the criminal defense.? I will say this much for his awareness level: Ron McNesby knows that he will not be re-elected. By ordering his top management to attack Morgan on this blog he is simply expressing his current emotional state. Panic.

Fact: Not one deputy has come out in support of Morgan. Several have publicly come out in support of Scapecchi. They still aren't fired or even harassed. I'm assuming your confidential informant, Morgan supporters are feeding you the lie they will be fired so they don't have to pony up money to a dead campaign.

Don't be so sure. Deputies are supporting Morgan and he's not about to expose their identities. Not all support has to be money. Opinions and votes help too. Scapecchi supporters aren't even harrassed? How noble of the sheriff. I guess telling employees they can't do business at World Ford doesn't count as harrassment. No telling who will be fired next anyway. He's said that he's fired more deputies than other sheriffs.

Fact: People are looking into your lies. They will be pointed out publicly soon enough.

Bring it on. I'm sure that the Morgan campaign is trembling at the thought of you exposing their facts. Which lies will you expose? Seems like the information so far has been right on target.

Fact: Morgan's major supporters have either deserted him or are so far out there that even if deputies wanted to consider him, they wouldn't because of Craig/Ely/Boyd, etc. Don't forget, David Craig formed CLEO and they kicked him out for being to extreme. Now he is David Morgan's media advisor. Too extreme for CLEO, but just right for David Morgan.

I think Craig may have formed CLEO in order to expose the truth about corruption and possible crimes of the sheriff. My guess is that was too extreme for CLEO. I think they were just too afraid to go down that road. What has CLEO done since they lost Craig? Nothing I've heard of. Well at least they are not extreme, huh. Morgan is spending a fair amount of effort exposing the most disturbing aspects of Ron McNesby. Morgan is not afraid. I think they are a perfect team. Unless of course you have some problem with exposing terrible truths.

Fact: Morgan will not ever be Sheriff in Escambia county. Remember Craig, you predicted a Willis win, then a Powell win. The fact you are saying Morgan is going to win seals it.

I remember Craig was working for Willis and I'm sure he would have been happier with Powell then McNesby but I don't recall him ever saying that they would win. But even if he did maybe 3 is a charm. Nobody is wrong all of the time.

Fact: We have not forgotten it was the Cop Hating bunch at RMPT that urged Morgan to run. Let's not forget a quote from Morgan himself in the Independent News, “I don’t need the job. My wife and I are financially secure. I’m rather a relunctant candidate, but people have been approaching me over the past few months about running again.” Who were the people contacting him to run? Go back and read the RMPT archives and you'll see it was them.

You sure do bring up the ghost of RMPT alot. You know how much they hurt your efforts to keep the people in the dark. There were lots of voices on RMPT that were pro police. The only common theme deemed to be that McNesby is intolerable. The idea seems to have caught on. If you want to know who encouraged David Morgan to run why don't you just ask him. Whoever it was I'm glad they did. His supporters aren't running against the most corrupt sheriff in living memory. David Morgan is. This county needs his leadership and rather than spewing hatred and discontent, you should be praying for his victory.

09-24-2007, 10:48 AM
I'll tell you who wants David "The Squirrel" Morgan to run. The same bunch of conspiracy theorists that LOVED Gary Willis and John Powell. The Gary Willis ones jumped on board after Powell waxed GW. You know them though....the usual suspects....Doc Ely, agenda: son got canned (should have NEVER been hired in the first place) daddy trying to fix son's broken ego. David (wanna be the poe poe) Craig, agenda: RM has witnessed what an amateur he is with his so called copy cat program of (COPS) and saw what a liability he was distracting deputies while they were trying to conduct police business that he had to tell Craigie to take a hike. Hey David, take a tip from the real COPS. They keep their MOUTHS SHUT and merely record and leave the questioning to the professionals which you are obviously NOT. The list goes on and on mostly being those fired from the SO for various reasons or forced to resign instead of being fired. So that is the make-up of the Morgan Camp. Show me ONE just ONE squared away individual with walking around sense that thinks this BOZO is worth my vote and I'll either change my mind or have that person Baker Acted (probably the ladder of the two)!
I pray for the day of a viable canidate to run for Sheriff....Buford Pusser where are you?

09-24-2007, 11:29 AM
You call yourself a real cop while verbally assaulting the citizens that you are sworn to protect? I would think that the "usual suspect" would be one often charged with crimes. I count 5 criminal charges and climbing for Ronniemac. Obviously you didn't like the reply to your previous post huh? Neither will Ronniemac. Maybe you'll get lucky and he won't read it. Truth hurts. Enough truth will take any corrupt jerk surrounded by foul tempered thugs out of office. If you were the "real police" you'd let the political process work itself out without attacking the individuals involved. The "real police" generally avoid politics because it has nothing to do with their sworn duties and often leaves them out on a limb that is about to break off. You seem to express hatred and disrespect all the time. Like your boss. That's why you are screwed come the primary in September. Your sheriff and his overpaid management do boys are deeply disrespected by the public at large. You did this to yourselves over a long period of time. You are the usual suspects.

09-24-2007, 11:44 AM
I've been following this race and I'll vote for Morgan. To the other poster: While you are on your way to baker act me it's latter not ladder. And how communist a technique of you to offer! Those who questioned authority in the Soviet Union were regularly whisked away to psychiatric institutions. Good enough for the commies - just right for RonnieMac. Should be room for alot of "baker acts" on that 521 acre "training facility. Thanks for helping me make up my mind on my all important vote!

09-24-2007, 11:48 AM
So TYPICAL of a Morganator....the last poster never mentioned they were for the current Sheriff if you look at the last line it mentions a viable canidate. The Morgan sheep seem to think if your not with us you must be against us....I think Hitler used that approach. If you don't think that police officers need not be involved in politics, you need to start your list for that guy from the North Pole who is coming Dec. 25th sweet pea. One has to be involved to help insure that IDIOTS like Morgan don't get elected.

09-24-2007, 11:53 AM
Der Macenfuhrer has more than enough money in that 85 million dollar budget to pay the deputies the $35,000 to start and scale up the rest from there. I hope Morgan fires all of the contract employees. There is another 47 million coming to Mad Mac for the training facility that we don't need. And I believe there is a bunch of money (millions) that are just plain missing. If the truth comes out he will be in awfully deep doodoo.

I've heard the same information from several sources. Why is there no investigation? The sheriff should have an independent audit so that he can clear up all of the allegations of financial mismanagement. Or maybe that's why he won't do an audit. Which is it sheriff?

09-24-2007, 11:58 AM
I can use the extra pay. Broken promises won't pay my bills. Nobody has complained about the $35,000 starting salary for deputies that Morgan will give us when he gets in. I'll vote for Morgan. I don't like liars.

09-24-2007, 12:25 PM
I stopped counting on other people's promises back when I was in high school, and I learned to live within my means shortly there after; but if you or anyone else can explain how Morgan plans on keeping his 35k promise without asking for more money from the county commission, and without creating even more compression of salaries, I'll listen. If his plan has any merit I may vote for him too.

09-24-2007, 12:37 PM
I've been to his website: http://www.votedavidmorgan.com. If you watch his shows he often covers just that subject. He's going to trim back greatly on the top management salaries. The contract employees to the tune of nearly 8,000,000 (check ECSO the budget on his site) will be freeing up a bunch of money. It's really this simple. The sheriff spends many millions more than he "needed" when he took office yet there are fewer deputies. What's wrong with that picture? How is he going to explain that? Thanks for your open mind. Reasonable discourse is a better alternative to personal attacks we often see on this blog (and in the head shed.) If you ever want to call David, you won't be the first deputy to talk with him. He will not violate your confidence.

09-24-2007, 12:39 PM
What is his number? I'll give him a px.

09-24-2007, 12:42 PM
David Morgan, Candidate 969-0681
morganpi@bellsouth.net

09-24-2007, 02:26 PM
Yes I'll call him....I would love to be associated with such a buffoon. His videos are a joke. More than half his FACTS are distortions or just out and out LIES ! McNesby is not the answer, but anyone being led around by David Craig... well that speaks volumes for itself.

09-24-2007, 04:30 PM
lol at the 3 above posts all within 5 minutes about his website, someone pitching his website, then another 2 minutes later asking for his px# then another with the px#. They are showing how desperate they are posting a conversation as if there are more than one of them. Embarassing. And a sign that they have no ground. Where are all the deputies on this forum defending Craig? There are only 1 or 2 people that make all these Morgan posts.

09-25-2007, 07:00 AM
Don't need his academic history, criminal history or credit history. His history with David Craig is the only background I needed to convince me not to vote for him.

09-25-2007, 10:13 AM
Morgan's law enforcement history would interest me more than the other stuff. Maybe someone would like to answer these questions:
Where was he in charge of a 400 man police department?
Where did he control a 110 million dollar budget?
Where was he stationed during his 20 years of law enforcement experience?
Where was he a Deputy Chief of Police?

09-25-2007, 02:14 PM
Dear "Squared Away;" OK, once again, all you gotta' do is ask! Isn't that
a Morgan for Sheriff sign in yard of Sgt Mike Simmons, PPD? (If you have
trouble finding it, just ask Rex-the-Wonder-Dog. He's told Sgt Simmons to
take it down. Oh, that can't be true!? No "real lawman" would ever be
involved with threats, intimidation or coercion. And no "real lawman' would
be supporting Morgan.)

After that little discussion, call Sheriff Charlie Morris, Okaloosa County.
He knows both David and Susan personally.

Oh, yes, and FWB Chief of Police Litschauer. He also has mutual friends and
associations with Mr. Morgan.

There are many, many more. But seriously, your not seeking verification of
Mr. Morgan's credentials and capabilities, are you?

No, you and your kind are about slander, threats and bullying. Just how
many of those contract employee investigators have you all got working on
Mr. Morgan's background? Will the taxpayer's get to see an itemized bill
for that little piece of work? Sure, just about the same time we get Nan
Weaver's time cards. Let's see, wasn't she a "full time" ESO employee?
Working RonnieMac's Campaign? And Valentino's Campaign? And Governor
Charlie Crists Campaign. Damn! She must have always been wearing a "36
hour watch."

What we regular citizens are beginning to find as amusing is that Mr. Morgan
comes armed with an education, experience, new and innovative ideas. His
opponent has an entire department with more than it's share of Neanderthals
with badges that are only about threats and intimidation and maintaining the
status quo.

Here's the really funny part. You all have a huge pot of money, and a staff
of at least 100 with a "dog in this fight." And Morgan is kicking your ass
six ways from Sunday and you all know it.

VOTE DAVID MORGAN IN '08!!

09-25-2007, 02:40 PM
Morgan didn't control a $110,000,000 budget--the USAF did. He didn't have to worry about health care costs, pay raises, equipment, lawsuits, fuel and maintenance, training, etc.--the USAF did. In the military everything is spelled out in orders, directives, SOPs, etc. So tell me again--what experience does he have? Where are his endorsements from other law enforcement agencies?

09-25-2007, 04:58 PM
Dear USAF DID: Another armchair wannabe veteran huh? Aren't you the same
folks that were screaming a few months ago that "Morgan can't give raises,
it's gotta' come from the County Commission?" He pretty much shot that
nonsense in the behind didn't he?

So, now he (Morgan) never worried all those issues? Are you sure? Since we
can safely assume that the USAF is not a business unto itself, and it must
compete for tax dollars with all the other services and agencies....wow!
Sounding a lot like building an annual budget (ECSO), going before
legislative aides (County Commission Staff), then Congress (County
Commission) to support the line items, and then disbursement to different
supported areas (Colors of money, 3080/3020/3600/etc.)

Yeah, your right. That Bachelors and Masters degree cannot compare with
that.....what was it? High School? No, can't confirm that.....GED?
Nope....can't confirm that....

Oh, hell, it don't matter! He's FROM HERE. And he's good'ol buds with
GEORGE!! AND MIKEY WHITEHEAD!! Everyone knows what paragons of virtue they
are....speaking of ENDORSEMENTS.

09-25-2007, 05:15 PM
Based on your response you obviously have no clue how the military works. Fiscal matters (ie. budget) are decided on a level much higher than Morgan ever achieved. IF he had anything to do with his unit's budget, it consisted of sending up his chain of command. That is the extent of his involvement. He didn't have to "politic" for it--that was done at the Pentagon by 0-6s and above. You're very much like Morgan--he doesn't research anything before he opens his mouth either.

09-25-2007, 05:42 PM
Sgt. Mike Simmons supported Morgan the last go around (You know the 7000 vote time). No suprise he's supporting him now.

09-25-2007, 08:10 PM
There's a front page story in the paper today that reports ECAT bus drivers are paid an average salary of $15.50 an hour. That comes to $32,240 a year. If bus drivers are worth $32,240 a year, a Deputy Sheriff is surely worth a minimum of $35,000 a year.

McNesby has had 8 years to get the salaries where they should be and has failed. It's time to give the job to someone else and see if they can do better.

09-25-2007, 08:19 PM
Dear "0-6": Well, we now know you haven't served in the military, much like
your good'ol boy buddy RonnieMac. By the way, how did ol'RonnieMac avoid
military service? Looking at his age he would have been prime time for the
draft? Ah, another saga of Escambia County that will go unanswered.

But to your idiotic "Pentagon response." I worked Systems Acquisition for
an entire career, military and civil service. My first job as an newly
commissioned Lt (0-1), was as a Program Manager controlling tens of millions
of dollars. I understand that Mr. Morgan worked the Space Program in Los
Angeles, CA. So this is not out of the realm of possibility. Billions of
dollars is the norm there.

Lastly, I and I am sure many other veterans, do not appreciate the
denigration of our service and contribution to this country and county.

09-25-2007, 08:24 PM
Ronnie Mac is better then that Morgan cause in the military he didn't have to think. Just obeyed other peoples thinking. Ronnie Mac is independent of thought. He is our savior. If I cry on the computer will it mess up the message?

09-25-2007, 09:09 PM
"Mr. Pentagon" No doubt you've never served. In my discussions with Mr.
Morgan I understand that he served at the Headquarters level for more than
one duty assignment. I too had a HQ tour. "Action or Staff Officers" (0-1
through 0-6) routinely developed and briefed
manpower/budget/material/equipment packages through the HQ to the Pentagon
and the Hill.

You McNesby supporters need to get outside this county more often. Your
posts are a bad caricature of the redneck inbred old south. Next you'll be
coming out with, "if'in you ain't from here, don't even think about runnin'
for no political office."

Maybe you and your kind are the reason for the drop in population in
Escambia County.

The talk in my neighborhood is that he is a breath of fresh air. He is
saying things that many have wanted to say for a long time but have been to
afraid to speak.

Your true colors came out with the broad support for Tourart. None of us
were surprised by that either. McNesby, Tourart and Whitehead. Three of a
kind, now there's a winning hand!

09-25-2007, 09:45 PM
It gets so tiring hearing that if your against Morgan you're for McNesby. I don't necessarily like McNesby, but I can't stand Morgan. It's a lesser of evils thing.

BTW, it's easy to tell all these posts are made by the same person. You really have a lot of free time on your hands. You should get a job or something.

09-25-2007, 11:47 PM
go away troll...

09-26-2007, 12:20 AM
I heard that when the shurf arrives at work, dispatch notifies the DerMacenFuhrer protection team of his arrival in secret code. "The Evil has landed."

09-26-2007, 12:24 AM
Just reading this forum is the confirmaiton of reasons why I wouldn't vote for McNesby or Morgan.

These two are like peas in a pod - completely arrogant! :shock:

09-26-2007, 04:27 AM
Hi Scapecchi! Come on in the water's great.

09-26-2007, 01:02 PM
The person who gets elected will simply be the one with the most votes. He does not necessarily have to be the most experienced, the smartest, or the best looking; but he does have to be the best politician.

09-26-2007, 01:50 PM
Hate to disappoint you, but once again, you haven't done your research. I spent a fair amount of time in Acquisitions and know how the system works. An 0-1 wouldn't normally brief anyone outside of his chain--most definitely no one from Capital Hill. What does working at the space program have to do with developing a budget? He worked with what he was given--plain and simple. He didn't have to petition higher HQ and plead his case. Civilian goverment and the DOD are COMPLETELY different. The point that you seems to elude you every time you post is not difficult to understand--the Air Force budget process is completely different from the county budget process. Watching "Hogan's Heroes" doesn't make you a vet so stop pretending.

09-26-2007, 03:20 PM
I respect military service, however Military and law enforcement are two different animals. County law enforcement is a creature all unto itself. Military law enforcement also does not translate into practical experience concerning civilian law enforcement. Anyone who has done both will testify to that ... (I know, I know someone will now post how it does, but we know the truth)

Just curious has Morgan ever been a law enforcement officer in the civilian word, and does he hold state law enforcement certification? Or is he just trying to jump to the car 1 spot without spending any time in the trenches (no pun intended with the military service)?

How about a candidate with a BS or better, with 20 years of local, state, and or federal experience but a combo of at least 2 and no criminal history.
The candidate would also have to prove he can support the officers with more than just words. No nuts either, so Morgan you're out, sorry.

anyone, anyone ?

oh' well, better luck in 5 more years lol.....

09-26-2007, 05:38 PM
Military and civilian Law Enforcement may differ but Military Law Enforcement is quite similar. Morgan has worked all kinds of criminal investigations in over a 20 year Police career. I noticed when you described your ideal candidate you overlook that a Masters degree in business administration will come in very handy for Sheriff Morgan as he is working with the millions of dollars entrusted to the office holder. And frankly you leave out the most important ingredients that are so lacking in current county government. Honesty and ethics. No matter what education or experience our next sheriff brings to the table, if he or she is a greedy and unethical liar then it will be business as usual. David Morgan will restore honor and integrity to the office of sheriff. These are two things that Ronnie Mac will never achieve no matter how long he clings to his diminishing hold on the wallets and fears of local residents. We are lucky that a man of David Morgan's talents and achievements is willing to serve our community. It's no "jump" from a distinguished Military Police career into the Car 1 job. The voters will open the door and David Morgan will simply walk into the new role as our next sheriff.

09-26-2007, 06:09 PM
Sorry about this cheap shot, but are you related to the Former Iraq Minister of Information? You over looked the portion of the earlier post that was in parenthesis ( .... ).

09-26-2007, 07:00 PM
"Military and civilian Law Enforcement may differ but Military Law Enforcement is quite similar." HUH?????????

09-26-2007, 07:34 PM
It's kind of pointless to argue with Morganites. He is a repackaged candidate that was already spanked by McNesby once. Anyone have any of his 2004 campaign material? I'd love to see it posted. He was all for a civilian oversight committee but you hardly hear him talk about it. He had several other out there ideas. Back then he didn't have all the baggage of Craig, Arety, Boyd, Susan Watson, Ely, etc. I expect he'll get around the same amount of votes this time.

09-26-2007, 09:16 PM
"Time to hire a few folks that know that they are talking about RonnieMac.
Your still trying to use that bunch that identified the WRONG woman. PM's
(Program Managers) regardless of rank, IAW the FAR (Federal Acquisition
Regulation) are by public law (US Code) responsible to the Congress for the
management of their respective program. And sorry, in the Space Biz anyway,
hundreds of millions are managed by 2nd Lts. The routinely brief their
program and its status up the chain through the Congress. (Try baby
steps....first travel to Mobile, AL.....then a little North into say Georgia
{don't fret your still in a southern state!}.....see how the rest of the
country and world does it.)

Mr. Morgan answered MOD 353's questions about his background and experience
months ago. REMEMBER? That post that mysteriously got pulled?

As for "No Nuts." Are you are referring to "The Deacon" Larry Smith?
"Penis" Williams? Rex "the Paintball" Blackburn?

Or possibly the ultimate, DerMacenfuhrer?

LOL? LOL? You bet! All of Escambia County is. Wondering how in the hell
has Morgan got everyone of you scared spitless.(?) Could it be that
independent audit he has planned for all of you?

09-26-2007, 09:47 PM
"Military and civilian Law Enforcement may differ but Military Law Enforcement is quite similar." HUH?????????

Military (bang bang-shoot enemies-blow stuff up-seize countries) and civilian Law Enforcement (You know, the POLICE) may differ but Military Law Enforcement is quite similar (similar to civilian law enforcement.)."

09-26-2007, 10:20 PM
Being an asst supply nco doesn't count for acquisition experience. I agree
with the last post, you most likely couldn't identify the FAR any easier
than the staff at PJC.

By the way, aren't you Morgan detractors and McNesby supporters (yes you
are, nice try with the 'I'm not for' routine but as someone else has already
pointed out you NEVER say anything bad about McNesby) the same group that
got us where we are today? Why would anyone listen to or utilize any
criteria for a new sheriff that you came up with?

If your not for McNesby where were your voices during the last 8 years?
Sorry, but as a civilian, your silliness has resulted in the idiot we
currently have. YES, IDIOT. He lied and schemed his way to the top and
NONE OF YOU had the cajones' to step up and tell the truth about YOUR
SHERIFF. He is now the face of Escambia County law enforcement.

Shame on all of you. You brought this to our doorstep. We trusted you.
You who claim to be professionals. Professionals? And the best you can
come-up with to head our sheriffs department is an INDICTED HIGH SCHOOL
DROP-OUT?

I could care less if Morgan has "been with a civilian agency." Having that
"experience" hasn't done a damn thing to correct the ECSO.

Keep-up the veteran bashing. It's working.

09-26-2007, 11:09 PM
WOW! Morgan hasn't been the sheriff for even a nanosecond and already he's
a failure?
Yes, he's a radical alright. Wanting to raise the deputy and co pay. Bring
ethics to the office. Institute fiscal responsibility. Budget constraints.
Rein in the administration monster. Yes, everyone should live in fear these
ideas.

Keep whistling through the graveyard. Maybe you can get Rex to take his
rock with him and make a RonnieMac speech about sin. It sure worked wonders
for George.

09-26-2007, 11:37 PM
I'm surprised that His Eloquence in Chief - the Macster himself - didn't take all 10 stars down there and give them a sartorial whipping. Though Rex was a mighty powerful spiritual force it would have taken His Master's Voice to conquer those runway commissioners (and out of control voters.)

And after everything that George did to try to explain all that hunting confusion to the federal agents! I'm sure the Judge in Wisconsin will clear up the whole mess in January. Did they seize your county owned Tahoe Ronnie? Maybe someone will be asking them. Soon. People are asking alot of questions. Ronnie should do the right thing. Like George.

I bet the audit will show that there is lots of money to pay the deputies a decent living and loads of tax money left over.

I've heard that once the sleeping tiger (the public) is stirred, it's difficult to appease them until the cause of their displeasure is removed. Ronnie better make that speech soon. He's such a talker.

Ronnie needs some positive PR. He already invaded Brownsville and that cost millions. What to do? Hey I've got it! Hire Luke McCoy to teach ethics and freedom through labor to illegal aliens at the 521 acre training camp!

09-27-2007, 04:37 AM
Damm could you Morganites get your own web site back up and stay off the one law enforcement officers are supposed to use.

09-27-2007, 11:59 AM
Morganites? Get your own site? Leave this one to law enforcement? It
appears as though you are getting answers not to your liking. So what is it
going to be? When you throw down on someone, expect a response. What a
bunch of bullying crybabies. You bash Morgan and don't expect to get a
response?

Irritating isn't it? Why aren't these people just hunkering down and
scurrying off? It's hell having to use reason and logic isn't it? Being a
thug isn't much use here.

Thank God for the good officers. And yes, we know who they are. Just like
we know who YOU are. So continue to scheme and backbite and screw over
everyone in sight. This place needs a breath of fresh air and it damn sure
won't be coming from this tomb of incest.

First George. Then Ronnie. Then Mickey. 3 Strikes! They're OUT!!
ESCAMBIA COUNTY WINS!!!

09-27-2007, 12:02 PM
Damm could you Morganites get your own web site back up and stay off the one law enforcement officers are supposed to use.

We won't need a site, thanks. David Morgan will have a new one though, in January 2009. You'll find him at escambiaso.com.

09-27-2007, 12:17 PM
Followed quickly by morganfubar.com.

09-27-2007, 09:05 PM
Morganfubar.com. No problem. Sheriff David Morgan will welcome and protect free speech. And that will give you something to do with your free time.

09-28-2007, 09:44 AM
will he protect my free speech when I talk about his family, and friends?

09-28-2007, 08:56 PM
Why don't you ask him?

09-29-2007, 03:18 PM
Do Morgan and his supporters support your free speech rights?

Ronniemacabusespower.com - censored those who didn't agree
Ronniemacpowertrip.com - censored those who didn't agree
Ronniemacfubar.com - censored those who didn't agree
votedavidmorgan.com - censored all incoming suggestions to only post those that were constructive. (i.e. non critical). After starting his original suggestion box in January he had a whoping 7 posts. He switched suggestion box formats in February and had one question/comment in May. Since then its been taken down. Why doesn't Morgan start his own unmoderated board for all his supporters? One reason. He doesn't believe in free speech. Don't think for a second if he couldn't get rid of this site he wouldn't.

This is the only site we have a free voice and they (Morgan campaign) are trying to stiffle that by all their B.S. posts. It's so predictable actually. You point out something where Morgan is wrong. They try to twist what was said. You offer proof Morgan is wrong. The say you love McNesby, your a crooked administrative hack and you'll get yours in 2008 when Morgan is Sheriff. It's tiring actually.

And I still don't think out off all these pro Morgan post that one of them is an actual deputy. If he has all these "confidential informants" at the sheriff's office why aren't they posting here? Why is his information so far off base is he has all this deputy support. How could he not know we all got 5% raises in February. Personally I think it's because the Morgan campaign is lying and their aren't all these phantom deputies.

I only know of one deputy (detention) who supports him but that will change soon enough if he believes in the truth (which I think he does). I wouldn't post his name here because it's up to him if he makes it public.

09-29-2007, 05:11 PM
Blogs are privately owned and topic oriented. Most blog owners limit users and content. If you aren't able to express your point on a blog then you can start another blog of your own. Or a thousand blogs. Free speech is a right that we have in public communication, not privately owned and managed forums. You write as though that distinction is beyond your capacity to comprehend. But the real truth is that you will bend the truth or outright lie to serve your master's perverse lust for power. You know the difference between free speech, as protected by the constitution and blog speech on a private forum. You know the difference between deputy rights and spontaneous firing. You know the difference between a decent wage and broken promises of adequate pay. You know the difference between appropriate taser use and overt misuse. You know lots of things. You just don't give a crap about anything but your master and your director salary and your belief that you are better than others including your poorly paid deputies.