PDA

View Full Version : Still Waiting

JMONEY1503
09-11-2007, 11:39 PM
It's been almost three months since my last step in the application process (oral interview), and i have not yet received a letter or a call, from DOT.

I contacted the recruiting SGT. Goodman two months ago, which he advised me that my application and eight others were sent to the Colonel to be signed off, and is placed on his desk.

Here i am, two months later, yet still waiting.

My question is; is this normal? Does the state usually take this long to reply back to you? Should i call DOT again and find out what's taking so long?

Any response would be appreciated.

09-12-2007, 01:09 AM
the colonel is too busy traveling to address important issues.

09-16-2007, 05:24 PM
Did you take the PAT in April 2007?

Or did you do PAT before April 2007?

Are you already Certified LEO?

I took my PAT in April and the last I heard was they did my residential check. I have not heard anything since.

JMONEY1503
09-16-2007, 09:21 PM

I took my PAT in April and the last I heard was they did my residential check. I have not heard anything since.

I took the PAT before April 2007, i don't exactly remember when but i believe it was in February.

No, i am not certified.

I finished all of the phases, i am just waiting to hear if I've been accepted or not. I'm glad to hear that I'm not the only one waiting though..

Anyone else still waiting?

09-25-2007, 04:20 PM

I took the PAT before April 2007, i don't exactly remember when but i believe it was in February.

No, i am not certified.

I finished all of the phases, i am just waiting to hear if I've been accepted or not. I'm glad to hear that I'm not the only one waiting though..

I have my final phase coming up how was it for you?

JMONEY1503
09-26-2007, 10:52 PM
[quote="guest 2007":lheuyoeo]Did you take the PAT in April 2007?

No, i am not certified.

I have my final phase coming up how was it for you?[/quote:lheuyoeo]

The final phase was not too bad.

Basically, the only part you need to worry about is the psychological exam/interview.

That will be the longest part of the whole process, and can make you a little crazy (if your already not).

I couldn't tell you how many times i was asked the question on the psych exam; Would you enjoy the work of a florist? lol

When do you go for the final phase? Good luck, and let me know how you did.

DotCop
09-27-2007, 01:06 AM
Whats up JMONEY, just be patient. And dont listen to the kat that talked about the col. traveling to much, he probably doesnt even work for DOT. If you have been through your interview and Sgt. Goodman said it was waiting on the Col. it will happen. The Col. has not been there that long he is taking care of alot of other things. I know this doesnt help alot because you are waiting but there are guys that work for us that went almost 2 years in the process. Hope to see you soon.

JMONEY1503
10-16-2007, 09:12 PM
Hello all,

I received a call today from DOT stating, that i have been accepted, and i start on January 11th.

Just wanted to thank everyone for their responses, and for those still waiting, you probably would be getting a call soon..

10-16-2007, 11:34 PM
CONGRATULATIONS!!

I did my last process recently. They told me it has to go to the Colonel to be reviewed.

I hope I get the call also.

Good luck to you!

And if I get the call to get hired. I hope to see you in class.

And if I don't get it. Good Luck to you again!

Guest 2007