PDA

View Full Version : Personal Opinions vs. Substantiated Facts

09-10-2007, 05:29 PM
A Guest Stated that – “Not to point fingers but George, Paradise, the "Dr." and RealSouthernLEO just cannot seem to accept that this agency, good as it might be / is, is SURELY in need of serious change and improvement”

Well I am not any of those people and I believe that your statements are based on a personal opinion and not derived from any facts. If I am wrong then please state the facts that support your statement that this agency is in need of serious change or improvement.

What I do believe is that you have been here a long time, as retnuh, and you two are bored with your jobs and life. You need change but are not ready to move and make a change for yourself so you cry that everything else needs to change around you.

If you would seriously look at other agencies you will not find one that has more than what we have. There may be a few that have some things different but when compared as a whole, there is none that offers more. If there was you would not be here as would many others. If you can name just one I would love to hear about it and see it for myself.

You also refer to today’s deputies as “Kids” who do not need all the new gadgets to do real police work. Well times have changed in law enforcement. Could we do the job without the gadgets as your generation did? YES but why? Why do things the hard way when technology allows deputies to be more efficient and productive. I do not believe that you are safer because the number of cops being killed today is the same percentage as it was 30 years ago. That is a training issue and not a gadget issue.

Not to make this longer than it has to be I will close with this strong belief; many come to this forum and post their personal views of the state of this agency, equipment and personnel. They are all just personal opinions and rarely are any substantiated facts disclosed to escalate one’s opinion to a greater standard of “Needs serious change or Improvement”.

Accept this forum for what it is; a place to vent and express your opinions. With that comes a personal responsibility to claim your opinion as yours and respect others for theirs as well.

George, Paradise, the "Dr." and RealSouthernLEO are not saying that CCSO is always perfect; they are saying that it is the best around and unless you can prove where another agency has it better or facts to show where the admin or Sheriff has egregiously erred where harm has come or will come to others, then in their eyes, CCSO is the best until proven otherwise.

Remember that this is my nuetral personal opinion with no facts to substantiate otherwise :)

Stay safe and thanks for making CCSO a great place to be a part of.

09-11-2007, 12:38 AM
a intresting responnse with some interesting spin. an interesting name two i think their is a county with the same name in urope. stuff is great butt it iss no sbubstitue for training and skill. dispite argewments to the contrerry the problmes with the CCSO and itts admanistrition remane. is yor name bob by the away? i need a nudder drink. buy.

09-11-2007, 04:01 AM
the "facts" are buried in reverend Jim's "inquiry files". don't believe too much about this place. i remember when everybody who had a desk kept a bottle of whiskey in it....some of those faces are still around...and making decisions.

mod 167
09-11-2007, 01:43 PM
a intresting responnse with some interesting spin. an interesting name two i think their is a county with the same name in urope. stuff is great butt it iss no sbubstitue for training and skill. dispite argewments to the contrerry the problmes with the CCSO and itts admanistrition remane. is yor name bob by the away? i need a nudder drink. buy.

Retnuh,

Due to our server problems I see that your post went through multiple times. I took the liberty to delete the duplicate posts. Sorry for the problem :oops:

Mod 167

09-15-2007, 05:45 PM
deer mr. mod167 there is no need for you to apolojize. i was not shure that the post went threw at all (end i bet meny would have liked that just fine) judgging from how my computer was acting. i am blad it was your server and not my comp.