PDA

View Full Version : Our Brother 3655K

09-09-2007, 09:23 AM
Some of us have "3655K" stickers on the windows of our vehicle as a tribute in memory of a fallen brother, K-9 D/S Matt Williams. It's not a huge bumper sticker like the PCSO's motor pool is SYSTEMATICALLY APPLYING TO ALL THEIR VEHICLES, it is simply a sticker with the numbers: "3655K" on a back window. If you have one of these stickers on your vehicle and you turn it into the motorpool for maintenance, it will be removed by motor pool personnel by order of Tom Blankety Blank. When presented with the fact that this sticker is a "quiet" way for us to pay our respects to a fallen brother, our CHIEF replies, "Well he wasn't one of our's." CHIEF...... He WAS one of our's, a brother in arms, he CHOSE to place himself in harm's way on a daily basis for the greater good as we all do. If the color green confuses those with the college degrees on the third floor into thinking that the SO represents a different purpose or cause, we are all truly in serious trouble. Yes, we all have our inter-agency bickering matches, but this goes beyond, "This happened in the city/county." Perhaps our administration has forgotten what brotherhood is. It has been less than one year since Matt's death and the quote "A man remembered never dies." still echos in my mind. Am I to believe that the liberal, whipped atttude of the general public now represents the opinion of the administration of this department? I'm sorry, was I so silly as to say that out loud? I propose we all purchase and proudly display this sticker in silent protest of the outright disrespect posed by our administration. Let your vehicle go to PM, have the sticker scraped off, and then REPLACE IT. I will locate a website from which we can obtain these stickers and post it for those interested. If asked how it got back on there..........ya know I park my vehicle in a "highly visible" fashion at home, off the road (per policy)........I guess it's criminal mischief, I'll initiate an investigation and do a three sentence report.............every 5000 miles. That this is even an issue is an absolute disgrace and indicative of where we are going as a department, why is it we are turning into a training ground again?

AFOR
09-09-2007, 02:02 PM
Can anyone document where the Chief said that? If we could get proof to any media outlet it may be what is finally needed to get a change in administration.

It would be easy enough to put several of these stickers on Staff One's car. It only moves twice a day. Once to carry him to lunch, then to take him home.

09-09-2007, 11:36 PM
I WOULD THINK THAT TAKING SOMETHING THAT YOU PAID FOR OFF THE CAR WOULD BE THE SAME AS TAKING SOMETHING OUT OF THE CAR THAT YOU PAID FOR. SOUNDS LIKE CRIMINAL MISCHIEF TO ME. I WOULD FIND THE PERSON WHO REMOVED THE STICKER AND WARN THEM ABOUT THIS NEW LAW AND POSSIBLY WARN TOM WHOEVER.
WERE WE TOLD TO REMOVE OR NEVER PUT THE STICKERS ON THE CARS?
WHAT ABOUT THE LICENSE TAGS WITH OUR BADGE NUMBERS OR WHATEVER ON THEM?
A SOLUTION MIGHT BE TO BUY A BLANK LICENSE PLATE AND JUST PUT THE 3655K ON IT THEN STICK IT IN THE BACK WINDOW.
SLOW DOWN OUT THERE AND TAKE ONE CALL AT A TIME, NO MATTER HOW LONG IT TAKES. YOU CAN ONLY HANDLE SO MANY CALLS IN 12 HOURS.

09-10-2007, 07:40 AM
I like the license plate idea, but since it is evidently NOT against policy for officers to display their badge number on a license plate on the front of their cars........how could it be against policy for me to display the badge number "3655K" on the front of my car? Symbolically, the guardian angel arrives on scene before the protected officer. I don't know, probably just a sappy, emotional way of remembering one of OUR fallen brothers. As far as proof AFOR, come on, you know this place, how many people would stand up and say they heard it straight from the horse's mouth and expect to keep their zone, position, or unit intact? Retribution is a b*tc# and you can't prove the cause. This came from a very credible source, sorry that more can't be said about that brother.

AFOR
09-11-2007, 01:56 AM
The less said about an officer's identity here the best. Anonymity is the key to keeping officers reading and posting here.

As far as admin watching what we have on our cars, don't kid yourself. I know an officer who put a "Support Our Troops" ribbon on their car. By the end of the day Staff 3 had emails going up and down the chain to get the magnetic decal removed. But the major things going on are ignored.

"They swallow a camel, but strain on a gnat".

09-11-2007, 06:24 AM
tango and afor, you know as well as i do that its going to take one of our own LPD officers to get killed before this place will wake up from its death.
i was there on the day M. Williams was killed as were many of you. i didnt see anyone but the chief out at the scene. im sure the others were fighting about how they can make the ship sink faster.

just a side note. wait til you hear what deputy chief wants to do with shift rotations. id hate to be on day shift..
til next time..
stand up, unless your tired then sit or lay down.

09-20-2007, 07:06 PM
IT'S SAD TO THINK THAT THE POWERS THAT BE DEMANDED THE DECALS BE TAKEN OFF THE CARS.

THERE IS NO EXCUSE FOR THIS. THE 3655K STICKERS REMIND EACH OF US HOW QUICKLY OUR LIVES CAN CHANGE. THEY ALSO REMIND THE PUBLIC THAT WE SUPPORT EACH OTHER, EVEN WHEN THEY DON'T.

THE LACK OF COMPASSION AT THIS DEPARTMENT IS SICKENING...

PLEASE LET ME KNOW HOW TO ORDER MORE OF THE 3655K DECALS AND I WILL CONTINUE TO PLACE ONE ON MY CAR FOR SEVERAL YEARS TO COME.

09-23-2007, 01:13 AM
I would like to thank the officers at LPD that have placed the stickers 3655K on your vehicles. Thank you for remembering Matt and the brotherhood that everyone should share. Whether it is the color green, blue or brown, everyone is in this together and are showing support for a fallen brother. Yes we at PCSO do have large stickers on our cars. It is a reminder that we lost a wonderful Deputy, husband, father and friend to all of us. A Man Remembered Never Dies. Too bad your Chief has lost the brotherly love.
Also this coming friday the 28th at 10am PCSO is dedicating the NW Sub-Station to Matt & DiOGi. It will mark a year since we lost them, and it is also Matt's wife Nancy's birthday. Everyone is invited to attend, Uiforms of all color are welcome, it's about brotherhood and being there for one another.

09-23-2007, 05:24 PM
As a PCSO K-9 deputy, I would like to thank the Lakeland Police Department for the great job you do and for providing assistance to us on a daily basis. We support each other and do a pretty good job ensuring we all make it home at the end of our shifts.

09-24-2007, 11:15 AM
WE ARE HERE FOR YOU BROTHER

10-05-2007, 08:59 PM
As usual our fearless staff, through email, stands behind a policy in order to deprive us of paying respect to a fallen BROTHER. Instead of using commen sense and displaying any honor or compassion they cave in to another city department. Guess we shouldn't expect much else until we actually get a leader. 2010? Stand Strong.

10-05-2007, 09:48 PM
What makes you think 2010 will bring anything better? We'll most likely hire from within. Looks like more of the same for all of us. Stand strong and then bend over.

10-09-2007, 08:15 AM
Tango Up, you brought up a good point about the "criminal mischief" report every so many miles. What if you live in the county and the sticker suddenly appears on your issued vehicle? Technically that criminal mischief would have occured in the county, wouldn't we need to call PCSO for a report?

"Uh hello, this is LPD, we need a Deputy to respond to a location ref s51 to a police vehicle. Uh, it's in reference to one of those stickers, you know the 3655K being placed on one of our vehicles, and it's against policy."

When they ask for the registration, do we just give them Tom Blankey's personal information as the registered owner? If we wreck these cars, does his insurance go up?

10-12-2007, 04:37 AM
To all the leo that continue to honor my husband, Thank you. Thank you for fighting to have his number on your car. I am not sure why your Cheif is so against it, but I am sure he must have a very good reason. I know this, because I know that he would never be so heartless to refuse to allow my husbands fellow officers to show their respect for their fellow brother. What happened to my husband, could happen to anyone of them at anytime, they know this, and I am sure the Cheif also knows this. So I can only believe in my heart that he must have a very valid reason to have any sticker that is placed on Lakelands Police Cars removed. I can tell you that each time myself and my children see any LEO police car with my husbands badge number on it, we know that he rides with each and everyone of them. It somehow helps to know that he lives on. That he is still out there doing what he loved to do, only now he is doing through the LEO that ride around in pride with his badge number displayed. If I am wrong, and the Cheif does not have a good reason for not allowing his LPD officers to display my husbands badge number on their car, then I can only pray that his family will never have to know the pain that my children and I have felt, as well as the pain that my husbands fellow officers have felt. May God bless him and all LEO that risk their life daily to protect all of the rest of us.

Thank you so much,

Nancy Williams
Widow spouse of the great K9 Deputy Vernon Matt Williams eow 09/28/2006

10-12-2007, 01:15 PM
Mrs. Williams, very well said !!!

10-12-2007, 05:42 PM
God Bless You And Your Family Nancy!! We Are Always Thinking Of You!

10-12-2007, 09:19 PM
It is kind of hard for a staff that does not care about their officers or direction of their department to worry about honoring a fallen brother when they are busy counting how much money they have made in the drop so far !

10-13-2007, 03:44 AM
To all the leo that continue to honor my husband, Thank you. Thank you for fighting to have his number on your car. I am not sure why your Cheif is so against it, but I am sure he must have a very good reason. I know this, because I know that he would never be so heartless to refuse to allow my husbands fellow officers to show their respect for their fellow brother. What happened to my husband, could happen to anyone of them at anytime, they know this, and I am sure the Cheif also knows this. So I can only believe in my heart that he must have a very valid reason to have any sticker that is placed on Lakelands Police Cars removed. I can tell you that each time myself and my children see any LEO police car with my husbands badge number on it, we know that he rides with each and everyone of them. It somehow helps to know that he lives on. That he is still out there doing what he loved to do, only now he is doing through the LEO that ride around in pride with his badge number displayed. If I am wrong, and the Cheif does not have a good reason for not allowing his LPD officers to display my husbands badge number on their car, then I can only pray that his family will never have to know the pain that my children and I have felt, as well as the pain that my husbands fellow officers have felt. May God bless him and all LEO that risk their life daily to protect all of the rest of us.

Thank you so much,

Nancy Williams

Wise and fair words, Ms. Williams. We respect and appreciate your husband's sacrifice.

10-13-2007, 03:48 AM
IT'S SAD TO THINK THAT THE POWERS THAT BE DEMANDED THE DECALS BE TAKEN OFF THE CARS.

THERE IS NO EXCUSE FOR THIS. THE 3655K STICKERS REMIND EACH OF US HOW QUICKLY OUR LIVES CAN CHANGE. THEY ALSO REMIND THE PUBLIC THAT WE SUPPORT EACH OTHER, EVEN WHEN THEY DON'T.

THE LACK OF COMPASSION AT THIS DEPARTMENT IS SICKENING...

PLEASE LET ME KNOW HOW TO ORDER MORE OF THE 3655K DECALS AND I WILL CONTINUE TO PLACE ONE ON MY CAR FOR SEVERAL YEARS TO COME.

I'd suggest we circumvent this order. Simply print 3655K on a sheet of white paper as big as you can and tape it inside your back window facing outward. That way, there is no alteration of the vehicle and the point is made nice and clear. I don't recall any policy about temporary items inside the vehicle, do you?

10-13-2007, 05:52 AM
I'm a Tampa cop. Where do I get the bumper sticker from? I'll plaster mine and my squad's cars - we would be honored to put Matt Williams' badge number in our cars.

10-13-2007, 06:17 AM
The less said about an officer's identity here the best. Anonymity is the key to keeping officers reading and posting here.

As far as admin watching what we have on our cars, don't kid yourself. I know an officer who put a "Support Our Troops" ribbon on their car. By the end of the day Staff 3 had emails going up and down the chain to get the magnetic decal removed. But the major things going on are ignored.

Your anonimity may be just the thing that is stopping people who post here from actually seeing progress made. There are numerous posts complaining about LPD - yet no-one signs their name - and it appears from the content of those posts that no-one puts their name, face and badge number in a position to challenge the powers that be for whatever it is they are complaining about. If you're not part of the solution - you're part of the problem. I'm all for exercising your first amendment rights, and for the occasional venting, but post after post whines about everything that's wrong at LPD. If it's that bad - and you don't want to come forward to take the initiative and responsibilty for whatever problem you perceive - then what good are these posts??

10-13-2007, 07:07 PM
for those of you at lpd, thankyou for supporting matt. a cop is a cop,the color of their uniform shouldn't dictate who mourns the loss. you guys continue to do what is in your hearts.

10-13-2007, 07:43 PM

Your anonimity may be just the thing that is stopping people who post here from actually seeing progress made. There are numerous posts complaining about LPD - yet no-one signs their name - and it appears from the content of those posts that no-one puts their name, face and badge number in a position to challenge the powers that be for whatever it is they are complaining about. If you're not part of the solution - you're part of the problem. I'm all for exercising your first amendment rights, and for the occasional venting, but post after post whines about everything that's wrong at LPD. If it's that bad - and you don't want to come forward to take the initiative and responsibilty for whatever problem you perceive - then what good are these posts??

And which 3rd floor office do you work out of? Are you kidding me?? Do you think we don't see what happens when you open you mouth, try to be part of the solution, etc? You get stepped on, rememebered as the guy who.....whatever. Come on, who wants to suffer that kind of stress just for putting their opinion out there. 190 did open his mouth in a recent email response, he put it out there, he identified himself. We'll watch and see where that gets him and if LPD is truly concerned about that their officers think why is it every survey, questionnaire, and "fire-side chat" with chief is a joke and nothing ever changes. There's always some excuse why we can't change something an officer sees as problematic, or how it would cost too much. Why don't we identify ourselves? Because it would do no good..........well it would do you good ACOP, but it wouldn't help us the least bit.

10-13-2007, 09:05 PM
for those of you at lpd, thankyou for supporting matt. a cop is a cop,the color of their uniform shouldn't dictate who mourns the loss. you guys continue to do what is in your hearts.

The 3rd floor only cares about themselves and nobody else including the officers at LPD so we know they don't care about Matt or any other Deputy, Trooper or City Officer. The patrol officers care about all officers no matter what the uniform color. When Matt was murdered a part of us also died and he will be with us everytime we go 10-8 even if these PRI**S we work for won't allow a bumper sticker honoring "OUR BROTHER MATT"

10-14-2007, 01:10 AM

Thank you so much,

Nancy Williams

Call 834-6900 and ask for Roger Boatner.

10-14-2007, 03:01 AM
[quote="nancy williams":1e6mmpqn]To all the leo that continue to honor my husband, Thank you. Thank you for fighting to have his number on your car. I am not sure why your Cheif is so against it, but I am sure he must have a very good reason. I know this, because I know that he would never be so heartless to refuse to allow my husbands fellow officers to show their respect for their fellow brother. What happened to my husband, could happen to anyone of them at anytime, they know this, and I am sure the Cheif also knows this. So I can only believe in my heart that he must have a very valid reason to have any sticker that is placed on Lakelands Police Cars removed. I can tell you that each time myself and my children see any LEO police car with my husbands badge number on it, we know that he rides with each and everyone of them. It somehow helps to know that he lives on. That he is still out there doing what he loved to do, only now he is doing through the LEO that ride around in pride with his badge number
displayed. If I am wrong, and the Cheif does not have a good reason for not allowing his LPD officers to display my husbands badge number on their car, then I can only pray that his family will never have to know the pain that my children and I have felt, as well as the pain that my husbands fellow officers have felt. May God bless him and all LEO that risk their life daily to protect all of the rest of us.

Thank you so much,

Nancy Williams

Call 834-6900 and ask for Roger Boatner.[/quote:1e6mmpqn]

Not sure who posted this number. I emailed him, if he would like to talk to me he can call me, I have stated how I feel... He can get my number from any pcso deputy, if he would like to explain why it is such a bad thing to have my husbands badge number displayed on city police cars.

Thank You.

10-14-2007, 04:24 AM
DEAR MRS. WILLIAMS,

I HAVE WORKED AT LPD FOR NEARLY A DECADE AND I WAS AT WABASH AND TENTH STREET ON THAT SEPTEMBER DAY.

YOU MAY HAVE READ A FEW POSTS AND NOTICED THAT THE CONTINUING PROBLEM WITH LPD IS THAT THE STAFF DOESNT LISTEN TO THE OFFICERS.

MRS. WILLIAMS, DUE TO YOUR POSITION I BELIEVE THAT YOU CAN MAKE A CHANGE AT OUR AGENCY AND MAKE IT POSSIBLE FOR YOUR HUSBANDS BADGE NUMEBR TO BE PROUDLY DISPLAYED ON OUR CARS ONCE AGAIN.

IF YOU DO HEAR BACK FROM OUR FEARLESS LEADER PLEASE POST WHAT YOU CAN ON HERE SO WE CAN SEE THE REAL THRUTH. BE PREPARED FOR THE TYPICAL RESPONSE OF WE'LL LOOK INTO IT OR ITS OUT OF OUR HANDS..

IM SURE YOU KNOW A PARTICULAR SHERIFF WHO MIGHT BE ABLE TO SWAY AN OPINION OVER IN LAKELAND...

TAKE CARE

Frankly Speaking
10-14-2007, 08:42 PM
IF YOU DO HEAR BACK FROM OUR FEARLESS LEADER PLEASE POST WHAT YOU CAN ON HERE SO WE CAN SEE THE REAL THRUTH. BE PREPARED FOR THE TYPICAL RESPONSE OF WE'LL LOOK INTO IT OR ITS OUT OF OUR HANDS..

TAKE CARE

Change fearless to fearful.. he wont say anything to any of us... so we have to hear it somehow

10-16-2007, 12:37 PM
It really suprises me to hear that there seems to be so many issues with the leadership at LPD. If we are having issue with-in an organization that leads to our officers feeling as though they are not being heard.....well it is time for a change. I understand that problems will always exist and that you can't please everyone, but ths is not what I am hearing in these post.

I know my brother was willing, any day he went to work, to give hs life for the people of this community. On September 28, 2006 at around 11:30ish, he did just that. To think that any person in Law Enforcement would have any issue with displaying with honor, his name or badge number as well as DiOGi (by the way, he too was an officer that gave his life for the greater good) is just another sign of how messed up our country has become. There is not a person I have ever met that Matt Williams would not have given his life for. That was the type of man he was.

This country was founded as a voice for the people, by the people and of the people. Maybe it is time we take it back. If it is true that the brass is making this call, maybe it is time for new brass. As LEO's, you serve not for self for the good of the community you serve. Let's just pray that this become the new attitude of those who make the decisions, not just on a local level but nationally as well. Removing these stickers do nothing to benifit this community. Leaving them however, shows that we remember the sacrafice Matt and Diogi made, and given the opportunity, I know by the blood the courses through my veins, he would do it again.

For those of you who serve this community with honor, Be careful, let God's loving hand guide you on the streets and may his blessing fill your families lives.

Joe Williams - Brother of Matt Williams (EOW 9/28/06)

10-17-2007, 10:13 AM

Thank you so much,

Nancy Williams

No pretty much he is that heartless along with Fleet..

Sorry to say..

RIP Brother Matt

10-21-2007, 02:19 AM
it is my understanding that the sticker removal issue started with union stickers on other city vehicles, not the 3655 stickers on lpd cars. those other stickers resulted in the blanket order for removal. i have also heard from someone i trust that the chief is trying to get an exception specifically for the 3655 stickers or something similar. i don't work at lpd so i hear all this third hand or worse. if anyone can prove what is being said or has been said,that'd be great.

please remember when you comment on issues regarding matt that his family reads these posts. he was a great handler taken from his loving family. they have enough to deal with without someone using a sensitive issue to push a personal agenda.

10-21-2007, 02:46 PM
Sounds like damage control to me. I've never seen any union stickers on any cars. If there is an exception in the works it is due only to the heat generated by this site.

10-24-2007, 05:54 AM
Sounds like damage control to me. I've never seen any union stickers on any cars. If there is an exception in the works it is due only to the heat generated by this site.

Nicely said and I have heard that there will be an exception for 3655K stickers also. Wow, what, is this forum working? Are there staff member finally saying "Oh sh*t, they are talking about this on the internet, we better straighten up!" ???? Looks that way. That this is even an ISSUE speaks volumes about this department. Any REAL cop who was chief would have serious problems with an order to remove memorial stickers placed in honor of a POLK COUNTY LEO who died in the line of duty within several hundred YARDS of our jurisdiction boundary line, and the suspect of said MURDER then exchanged GUNFIRE with our own LPD officers. THEY were two of ours were they not?

10-24-2007, 11:29 AM
during my tenure.. your REAL cops are the one who work the streets... the forefront.. we have many "admin" if you want to call them who arent cops, just play one.. you obviously have the same upper staff as we do.

11-08-2007, 06:31 AM
it is my understanding that the sticker removal issue started with union stickers on other city vehicles, not the 3655 stickers on lpd cars. those other stickers resulted in the blanket order for removal. i have also heard from someone i trust that the chief is trying to get an exception specifically for the 3655 stickers or something similar.

a CHIEF does not have to GET an exception he MAKES an exception, which hasn't happed yet.

11-09-2007, 03:42 AM
it is my understanding that the sticker removal issue started with union stickers on other city vehicles, not the 3655 stickers on lpd cars. those other stickers resulted in the blanket order for removal. i have also heard from someone i trust that the chief is trying to get an exception specifically for the 3655 stickers or something similar.

a CHIEF does not have to GET an exception he MAKES an exception, which hasn't happed yet.

What are they waiting for...city hall hasn't given them permission?

11-09-2007, 07:21 AM
come on guys. Give the chief a break. He will make a decision, maybe, someday. I heard there was someone who heard that the chief had actually almost made a decision once. Its only been a couple of months. He can't just make a snap decision on something like this. We are talking about a bumper sticker here. Give him another couple of months.

viper3598
03-04-2008, 06:38 PM
Anyone needing 3655K decals please send me a personal message with away to contact you. I can get them for you.

10-16-2009, 05:57 AM
can someone explain the 3655k to me? I know what its about, just not the details

10-16-2009, 05:57 AM
can someone explain the 3655k to me? I know what its about, just not the details

10-16-2009, 08:32 PM
nevermind... i did a little more research and got all the info I need. stay safe out there

10-27-2010, 03:52 AM
I'm a tax payer and I say every penny spent that day was well worth it, and it wouldn't bother me to see it done again and again and again. As for your "stupid dog" comment. That dog was more of a hero than you could ever even THINK of being. We understand you're mad because you were arrested by Matt and DiOGi for selling drugs. We don't need you on this site, what goes on here has nothing to do with felons like yourself. You might want to get up and go check out the front window again, PCSO should be raiding your house again sometime real soon. :devil:

Some of us have "3655K" stickers on the windows of our vehicle as a tribute in memory of a fallen brother, K-9 D/S Matt Williams. It's not a huge bumper sticker like the PCSO's motor pool is SYSTEMATICALLY APPLYING TO ALL THEIR VEHICLES, it is simply a sticker with the numbers: "3655K" on a back window. If you have one of these stickers on your vehicle and you turn it into the motorpool for maintenance, it will be removed by motor pool personnel by order of Tom Blankety Blank. When presented with the fact that this sticker is a "quiet" way for us to pay our respects to a fallen brother, our CHIEF replies, "Well he wasn't one of our's." CHIEF...... He WAS one of our's, a brother in arms, he CHOSE to place himself in harm's way on a daily basis for the greater good as we all do. If the color green confuses those with the college degrees on the third floor into thinking that the SO represents a different purpose or cause, we are all truly in serious trouble. Yes, we all have our inter-agency bickering matches, but this goes beyond, "This happened in the city/county." Perhaps our administration has forgotten what brotherhood is. It has been less than one year since Matt's death and the quote "A man remembered never dies." still echos in my mind. Am I to believe that the liberal, whipped atttude of the general public now represents the opinion of the administration of this department? I'm sorry, was I so silly as to say that out loud? I propose we all purchase and proudly display this sticker in silent protest of the outright disrespect posed by our administration. Let your vehicle go to PM, have the sticker scraped off, and then REPLACE IT. I will locate a website from which we can obtain these stickers and post it for those interested. If asked how it got back on there..........ya know I park my vehicle in a "highly visible" fashion at home, off the road (per policy)........I guess it's criminal mischief, I'll initiate an investigation and do a three sentence report.............every 5000 miles. That this is even an issue is an absolute disgrace and indicative of where we are going as a department, why is it we are turning into a training ground again?

Who needs a stupid sticker anyway. The taxpayers paid for a HUGE procession down Memorial Blvd, and they paid for an OVER the TOP manhunt, and they paid to have the stupid dog stuffed. I have an idea for a sticker, how about "Doug Speirs killed Matt Williams and all I got was this lousy sticker."

livcyxingfoe
04-08-2013, 06:58 AM