PDA

View Full Version : Captain Caveman

09-08-2007, 01:26 PM
I used to hear negative stuff about this guy all the time. Now that he decided to make the change there has been nothing but positives. Maybe he was just in over his head and realized he needed a different position.

I'm glad to see people have given him a second chance.

09-08-2007, 01:42 PM
Cave is doing a great job in his role as district supervisor. He is easy to talk with, approachable, respectful of others, appreciative of their input and willling to be part of the team. When Tolbert was the D/S the same thing was true. There are some differences in style, but their goal is the same - do the best you can. If you are willing to put your best effort in anything you do, no one will find fault with that.

09-08-2007, 01:47 PM
I'm glad to hear he is doing better. While a nice guy in person his rules were rather, "Draconian".

09-08-2007, 02:52 PM
I'm glad to hear he is doing better. While a nice guy in person his rules were rather, "Draconian".

I dont think he made the rules, we all know how things work around here, you follow the director and chief or else. The rules he has implemented up here in the north have not been "Draconian." I have been impressed of what I have seen so far from Caveman in the north. I may not agree with everything he has implemented as district supervisor but at least he is getting our input. He has already been to my office and have sat down with everyone askign for there input. We appreciated that more then he will know.

09-08-2007, 03:08 PM
Hey Ron,

I'm sure you were worried about this thread. By now you are pleasantly surprised to hear that people like you and think you are doing a good job

09-08-2007, 05:37 PM
Wow, I see there are alot of people within ABT that need to have drug test. That or the above post are being made by Ron and Clayton themselves. Only time will tell the truth and the truth will be told. Stop drinking the coolaid its full of poison.

09-08-2007, 06:25 PM
Wow, I see there are alot of people within ABT that need to have drug test. That or the above post are being made by Ron and Clayton themselves. Only time will tell the truth and the truth will be told. Stop drinking the coolaid its full of poison.

Enlighten us. What is the truth? The captains may be new to abt, but they are not stupid. Do you think there is one instance where they acted in an unprofessional manner? Made decisions outside of policy? I'm waiting for your response. Remember your opinion is worth the same as mine. The difference is I like to have facts to support my words.

09-08-2007, 06:27 PM

Drug test? Are you taking drugs? Is that why you can't spell? It is "Koolaid," dum dum.

09-08-2007, 06:45 PM

Drug test? Are you taking drugs? Is that why you can't spell? It is "Koolaid," dum dum.

It ain't the "c"oolaid full of poison. It is you and your neg outlook, jealously, and pure fustration because after all of your years of service you still can't get promoted or another job. I say that because I know you because you recently said the same remark to me. And as a captain and major once said not to long ago about people like you "and they call themselves law enforcement professionals." Be positive, as you say the truth will prevail and good things may come to you like that promotion before you retire. :D

09-08-2007, 11:55 PM
Ron is so cute and cuddly. How can anyone bash him? I just want to rub him all over!!!

09-09-2007, 02:15 AM
Ron is so cute and cuddly. How can anyone bash him? I just want to rub him all over!!!

are yuo gay man! :shock:

09-09-2007, 03:28 AM

Enlighten us. What is the truth? The captains may be new to abt, but they are not stupid. Do you think there is one instance where they acted in an unprofessional manner? Made decisions outside of policy? I'm waiting for your response. Remember your opinion is worth the same as mine. The difference is I like to have facts to support my words.

I for one have never seen these Capts do anything unprofessional or outside of policy. They have made certian individuals who thought they were above everybody else do thier jobs which PI**ED people off, but isn't that why they are being slammed here. (probably by some of those individuals).

09-09-2007, 06:02 AM
Nice persons, both. Should not have been Capt.'s. Neither one of them ever ran an office. Tolbert was hired to help get the agency through accreditation if I remember correctly. This was our first mistake, he was from the Dept. of Corrections. Did not know a thing about what we do and freely admitted it. But after 6 months or so he then felt himself so superior he put in for the Capt. position. The clown show at the top of the agency put him in the Capt' position. Tolbert was one of the main persons behind weekly reports. I believe this was so he could do two things, micomanage and learn what the agents jobs are. Also lets not forget he had something to do with the constantly changing policy.

Capt. Cave again never managed and office and had no experience as an agent. Don't believe he has a real idea as to what he is doing on the enforcement end of the game. Could learn, but it is going to take a long while. Again here is another one that has something to do with the constantly changing policy.

09-09-2007, 06:44 AM
Nice persons, both. Should not have been Capt.'s. Neither one of them ever ran an office. Tolbert was hired to help get the agency through accreditation if I remember correctly. This was our first mistake, he was from the Dept. of Corrections. Did not know a thing about what we do and freely admitted it. But after 6 months or so he then felt himself so superior he put in for the Capt. position. The clown show at the top of the agency put him in the Capt' position. Tolbert was one of the main persons behind weekly reports. I believe this was so he could do two things, micomanage and learn what the agents jobs are. Also lets not forget he had something to do with the constantly changing policy.

Capt. Cave again never managed and office and had no experience as an agent. Don't believe he has a real idea as to what he is doing on the enforcement end of the game. Could learn, but it is going to take a long while. Again here is another one that has something to do with the constantly changing policy.

since when do capts have authority to just change policy?

09-09-2007, 06:46 AM

since when do capts have authority to just change policy?

09-09-2007, 12:38 PM

I do not personally know either Captain but came to understand they micromange by keeping up with what there offices are planning, doing and know where their people are. I was from a local agency who also supervised more there then here so I would not have a problem with that. Anyway my question was did you apply for any of the positions you mentioned? And my statement is a "long while to learn." Where? Who? AB&T? I been here short of 4 years and it only took me a month or so to learn everything we do and I dont consider myself the sharpest one in the bunch. Everything I have found with AB&T are simple processes if you ask me. Now I agree many people I found make it sound like they are working for a covert dual pentagon approved for world wide clearenance on top coded cases but my office has yet to have one of them.

09-09-2007, 12:51 PM
I been here short of 4 years and it only took me a month or so to learn everything we do and I dont consider myself the sharpest one in the bunch. Everything I have found with AB&T are simple processes if you ask me.

God I admire you!!! I have been here longer than that and still don't know everything. Heck, I know supervisors who have been here 20+ and still admit they don't know everything.

09-09-2007, 02:57 PM
Data entry you can learn in a month. Working kids, doing inspections, admin cases, licensing, you can learn the process in a month. The daily business that is ABT will take you a while longer. I have 20+ years with ABT and 10 at a PD and I learn something new every day.

09-09-2007, 05:17 PM
I been here short of 4 years and it only took me a month or so to learn everything we do and I dont consider myself the sharpest one in the bunch. Everything I have found with AB&T are simple processes if you ask me.

God I admire you!!! I have been here longer than that and still don't know everything. Heck, I know supervisors who have been here 20+ and still admit they don't know everything.

My point was not to say I know everything there is to know but our duties and responsibilites as agents with AB&T not rocket science. I agree we all learn at different levels but c'mon. No to be to critical but I agree some of the vets maybe some with 20+ years still have limited knowledge in what we do are suppose to be doing.

09-09-2007, 05:20 PM
Data entry you can learn in a month. Working kids, doing inspections, admin cases, licensing, you can learn the process in a month. The daily business that is ABT will take you a while longer. I have 20+ years with ABT and 10 at a PD and I learn something new every day.

I agree with you too. Except "daily business that is ABT will take a while longer." I am not being cynical but please share some examples of such we may need to be doing stuff in the central that we are not.

09-09-2007, 06:25 PM

I agree with you too. Except "daily business that is ABT will take a while longer." I am not being cynical but please share some examples of such we may need to be doing stuff in the central that we are not.

No law enforcement is "rocket science." The "daily business of ABT" is knowing when to lead, when to follow, when to shut up and when to get out of the way. How to handle sensitive issues, how to talk to people so when you walk away they don't try to stab you or run you down on internet forums. How to talk to the public and arrestees, How to interact with the leadership and how to get things done. How to explain to someone they are wrong without making them feel stupid (although they may be.) You know - the businees of life.

09-12-2007, 11:49 AM
DON'T BE SURPRISED AND KEEP IN MIND THAT THOSE TWO WERE HIRED BY DEPUTY SECRETARY ANDY EDWARDS AND PAT PARMER TO CLEAN HOUSE.

09-19-2007, 11:31 PM
I think Capt. Cave is GREAT!!

10-15-2007, 12:51 PM
Do you need some boxes?

10-15-2007, 02:48 PM
What is he going to do between now and the election ?

10-15-2007, 06:54 PM
He's not dumb enough to try to run for public office. He has too many skeletons in the closet that need to stay burried.

10-15-2007, 07:35 PM
I disagree. He is dumb enough and I can't wait until he does. When he announces he is running he is going to be subject to all kinds of public records requests.

I have an attorney friend in Tally that hates him and will pull records pro bono. This attorney knows alcohol law and election law. Needless to say he has had run-ins with CC before.

10-15-2007, 10:26 PM
Wow we should get together and join forces. I heard a rumor a while back he was going to run for Sheriff but I thought he realized the futility of that effort. I really hope he decides to run......

:twisted:

10-16-2007, 12:21 AM
I disagree. He is dumb enough and I can't wait until he does. When he announces he is running he is going to be subject to all kinds of public records requests.

I have an attorney friend in Tally that hates him and will pull records pro bono. This attorney knows alcohol law and election law. Needless to say he has had run-ins with CC before.

you dumba** anyone can pull records on someone. you don't need an attorney.

10-16-2007, 10:33 AM
Anyone know if the ex-Phd passed the agility test at FWC. Word is that he didn't. I guess RC and CT better start working out. Of course we all know that the TALL crew are exempt from participating in any training as they are "special" people who get "personalized" training sessions with "hey pal". What a joke and embarassment to all!!

10-16-2007, 05:02 PM
you dumba** anyone can pull records on someone. you don't need an attorney.

Way to lower the already low standards on this board. You may want to check your facts and read carefully before you act so indignant.

What I'm saying is the attorney is willing to pull the records and he will not charge me....

Last time I pulled records from a city department they charged per page for copying and for their time.

[/quote]

10-16-2007, 06:45 PM
oh and you don't call yourself trying to do that. By saying you are going to dig dirt up on someone. you people are really miserable.

10-16-2007, 06:59 PM
What you call digging up dirt is also known as uncovering the truth.

We aren't talking about exposing an affair. That would be dirt.

Exposing that he has received more merit increases than anyone else is the truth. The fact that he helped decide who got merit raises is also a fact. Let the voters decide if this is the kind of person they want running the organization.

This is just one example.

10-17-2007, 12:28 AM
What you call digging up dirt is also known as uncovering the truth.

We aren't talking about exposing an affair. That would be dirt.

Exposing that he has received more merit increases than anyone else is the truth. The fact that he helped decide who got merit raises is also a fact. Let the voters decide if this is the kind of person they want running the organization.

This is just one example.

I got a merit raise too! Try working you deadbeat, maybe you will get one too!

10-17-2007, 10:28 PM
merit raises go to the biggest brown nosers

10-17-2007, 10:31 PM
Merit raises here are a joke!! Its a poularity contest and not anything achieved by true merit. If these were awarded faily and for just cause, they wouldn't be such a secret??

10-17-2007, 10:37 PM
I wouldn't act special because you got a merit raise. Just look at Dan from Orlando. He complains all the time and gets raises. He is the biggest backstabber.

10-18-2007, 12:37 AM
I got a merit raise too! Try working you deadbeat, maybe you will get one too!

Oh, I see Tooolbert has also gotten a merit raise. Isn't that a surprise!

10-18-2007, 12:42 AM
Dudes and Dudettes,

Forget about those two pretenders. They can count all their years of education on two hands. We all know they are being "taken" care of in the near future.

Trust me when I tell you there will be a stern warning issued by the industry to one of these assclowns. I wouldn't be shocked if Hill sends out an email about it to all the Captains and Majors. You Captains and Majors should expect this within 3 weeks. This will mark the beginning of the end for this particular balerina.

Remeber you heard this from Ratbert first. Very few people are aware of this as of yet...

10-18-2007, 12:51 AM
Dudes and Dudettes,

Forget about those two pretenders. They can count all their years of education on two hands. We all know they are being "taken" care of in the near future.

Trust me when I tell you there will be a stern warning issued by the industry to one of these assclowns. I wouldn't be shocked if Hill sends out an email about it to all the Captains and Majors. You Captains and Majors should expect this within 3 weeks. This will mark the beginning of the end for this particular balerina.

Remeber you heard this from Ratbert first. Very few people are aware of this as of yet...

I am confused. More so than usual. How can the "industry" issue a "stern warning" to a non-industry employee? Have we contracted out discipline?

10-18-2007, 02:19 AM
I am always perplexed at how high ranking people in Tallahassee that don't do anything in the field or even know what to do in the field can get a bonus. He made Captain little over a year ago and he managed to get a bonus. It would be interesting to know how many much bonus money was handed out and to whom. Then compare it to what the rank and file got for money. I can guess I would be sad with the answer. We loss good people because they could not get a raise of any kind. Then find out this clown got a bonus raise.

10-25-2007, 12:42 AM
interesting how all these topics come back to be about bashing Cave-almost like its 1 or 2 of the same people over and over again.

10-25-2007, 01:50 AM
I am always perplexed at how high ranking people in Tallahassee that don't do anything in the field or even know what to do in the field can get a bonus. He made Captain little over a year ago and he managed to get a bonus. It would be interesting to know how many much bonus money was handed out and to whom. Then compare it to what the rank and file got for money. I can guess I would be sad with the answer. We loss good people because they could not get a raise of any kind. Then find out this clown got a bonus raise.

You would be sickened to know just how much the salaries of the two Tall. captains has increased. Ask for their starting pay and their current pay - you will faint from the injustice of it all. You certainly can't blame them for taking the $$$$$ but remember - 30 employees took a 2,000.00 a year pay cut when the good Dr. did away with trainer additives. More were forced to pay mileage in another offensive move. Still more left this agency for other jobs when the reorg was announced. Home offices closed, hell - we even have an office that isn't open to the public!!! I am glad the architects of all that madness are gone - now we just need to get rid of the engineers....

10-25-2007, 02:03 AM
You would be sickened to know just how much the salaries of the two Tall. captains has increased. Ask for their starting pay and their current pay - you will faint from the injustice of it all. You certainly can't blame them for taking the $$$$$ but remember - 30 employees took a 2,000.00 a year pay cut when the good Dr. did away with trainer additives. More were forced to pay mileage in another offensive move. Still more left this agency for other jobs when the reorg was announced. Home offices closed, hell - we even have an office that isn't open to the public!!! I am glad the architects of all that madness are gone - now we just need to get rid of the engineers....[/quote]

PLEASE SICKEN ME! I would really like to know! But let's not forget ALL Lt, Captains and Majors got a raise at one time. So that brought quite a few of them up to what one may call a sickening amount. But please, enlighten us.

10-25-2007, 02:14 AM
Lt's got raises too?

I didn't think so....

10-25-2007, 02:32 AM
Lt's got raises too?

I didnt think so....

Well you know less then you think you do, but hey that does not surprise me much. Yes, Lt's did get bumped up to $48,000, of course unless you as a Lt. were already making in the $50 or $60,000 range, which many do. How I dont even want to know.

10-25-2007, 01:22 PM
Normally I read but don't post. It is interesting to read the comments of others. I have to weigh in on this one - not all lieutenants got a raise. Six or so junior lieutenants got a raise but the rest did not. At least two captains got raises and at 73,500.00 I think it is safe to say that some majors got raises too. Were there raises for all? NO Where raises based on merit or worth to the agency? NO Were raises fair and equitable? NO Has this happened before? YES
Will it happen again? I can only hope not.
Here is the bottom line. I don't care what you make, because that money doesn't pay my bills. What I do care about is there is no way to justify a 20,000.00 difference in pay between two positions when one of the positions is a 4 year captain and the other
is a 20+ year supervisor, and yes the low money goes to the vetran supervisor. You want detais? Public records are your friend. Be prepared for blood to shoot out of your eyes when you see for yourself.

10-25-2007, 04:04 PM
Normally I read but don't post. It is interesting to read the comments of others. I have to weigh in on this one - not all lieutenants got a raise. Six or so junior lieutenants got a raise but the rest did not. At least two captains got raises and at 73,500.00 I think it is safe to say that some majors got raises too. Were there raises for all? NO Where raises based on merit or worth to the agency? NO Were raises fair and equitable? NO Has this happened before? YES
Here is the bottom line. I don't care what you make, because that money doesn't pay my bills. What I do care about is there is no way to justify a 20,000.00 difference in pay between two positions when one of the positions is a 4 year captain and the other
is a 20+ year supervisor, and yes the low money goes to the vetran supervisor. You want detais? Public records are your friend. Be prepared for blood to shoot out of your eyes when you see for yourself.
well I heard of at least 3 captains that got raises.

10-25-2007, 10:01 PM

3 majors, 5 captains, 19 lieutenants and 18 agents (merit raises) to be exact! Fair..no. Life...yes. Adjust! :D

10-25-2007, 10:14 PM
What or who did you have to do to get a merit raise? Seriously, what determined a merit raise? A 5 on you eval?

10-25-2007, 11:04 PM
What or who did you have to do to get a merit raise? Seriously, what determined a merit raise? A 5 on you eval?

Based on your first sentence it appears you have attitude...so get that in check and you might get one.

10-25-2007, 11:43 PM

Based on your first sentence it appears you have attitude...so get that in check and you might get one.

You don't know either?

Duh, didn't you notice the "seriously", it was a joke, just trying to make light of a serious situation. I am sure that everyone who got a merit raise deserved it.

10-25-2007, 11:49 PM

Want a raise?! Put in for a promotion. The last major job went for 73,500+ to a medicaid fraud agent cause no internal people put in. So quit your complaining and start applying for promotions you 20+ year supervisor.

10-26-2007, 12:35 AM

Want a raise?! Put in for a promotion. The last major job went for 73,500+ to a medicaid fraud agent cause no internal people put in. So quit your complaining and start applying for promotions you 20+ year supervisor.

"Promote" you have made many assumptions -
1) The person who posted is the same as the person referenced as a 20 year supervisor.
2) That the person didn't apply to be promoted
3) That no internal people applied

10-26-2007, 12:47 AM

3 majors, 5 captains, 19 lieutenants and 18 agents (merit raises) to be exact! Fair..no. Life...yes. Adjust! :D

Like most things on this site - pure crap.

10-26-2007, 01:56 AM

If you think that medicaid agent is a major because nobody internal put in, then you are living in fantasy land.

10-26-2007, 01:20 PM
No one internally put in for the majors slot

Merit raises are given out fairly based on merit

Santa Claus is having an affair with the tooth fairy

All of these contain the same degree of truth

10-26-2007, 03:36 PM
This whole message board holds about the same degree of truth as the above. It's just very comical reading what everyone thinks they know. Got to admit it though, some of them are PRETTY CREATIVE....

10-26-2007, 11:05 PM

If you think that medicaid agent is a major because nobody internal put in, then you are living in fantasy land.

No one internally put in and yes I do think that is why the outside agent got the position.

10-28-2007, 03:06 AM
You are misinformed or "ignert" in the process. The new major was hired during the reign of Houghland. Do you actually think the "Good Doctor" or his "people" had anything to do with it? The major was brought in to perform a specific task - get this agency where it needs to be. His arrival was predetermined. Stop your *****in and support the new Director and her staff. This may very well be the last opportunity to save the agency.

10-28-2007, 04:20 AM
You are misinformed or "ignert" in the process. The new major was hired during the reign of Houghland. Do you actually think the "Good Doctor" or his "people" had anything to do with it? The major was brought in to perform a specific task - get this agency where it needs to be. His arrival was predetermined. Stop your *****in and support the new Director and her staff. This may very well be the last opportunity to save the agency.
He is only over the North District. How can he save ABT?

10-28-2007, 05:29 AM
People from inside the agency put in for the last majors position in Tallahassee, I know that for a fact. No I do not believe any of them got an interview or maybe one got an interview. They did not want any one from inside. Who ever "they" are. The people in the new majors positions are connected some shape way or form. This should be clear to all. Is it fair to people inside the agency that what to promote? NO, but this is the game that is being played at this time, so grab on and enjoy the ride. The one thing constant about this job is change.

10-28-2007, 07:16 PM

You are misinformed about the process of law enforcement supervision if you believe his input will only be felt in the northwest territory.

10-28-2007, 07:20 PM

You are misinformed about the process of law enforcement supervision if you believe his input will only be felt in the northwest territory.
are other majors supervision input felt in other districts? I didn't think so.

10-28-2007, 09:38 PM

are other majors supervision input felt in other districts? I didn't think so.[/quote]

Good Grief - How can you not get this? Forget about the little kingdoms you have become comfortable with. Forget thinking that any major has absolute rule. Forget what you know about the structure of the agency. Forget about five different ways of doing nothing. Can't you see the BIG PICTURE? We are about to change the way we conduct business. You can call the person effecting the change a major or a chief or an agent - it doesn't matter. What matters is we are about to get a makeover. The majority of you asked (or demanded) a change - HOLD ON.

10-30-2007, 02:26 AM
Big fonts make your post more believable!!!

10-30-2007, 03:11 AM
Big fonts and bolding makes your post seem like the gospel

10-30-2007, 12:23 PM
I can tell you are part of the "key board" generation. Nothing to say and 27 different ways to announce that fact. A previous psoter was correct - some days it doesn't pay to chew through the straps.

11-01-2007, 01:34 AM
When all reason and well thought ideas fail..............resort to name calling!!!!!

11-16-2007, 02:41 AM
Cave can't find his pants with both hands! Wake up you idiots. When will any of you learn????????????

11-17-2007, 02:24 AM
Cave can't find his pants with both hands! Wake up you idiots. When will any of you learn????????????

KUDOS TO RON TOLBERT!!!

11-17-2007, 02:48 AM
R Toolbert wants to start a unit especially comprised of only the finest members of ABT. The members of this unit will establish a colorguard to march in parades, jr. high school pep rallies, prom functions, and special patrol around the Wal-mart parking lots in Florida. Please reply to this post to show how many individuals would be willing to join. Please note that this special unit will nor replace the SRT unit of ABT.

11-19-2007, 02:25 AM
Baby B here...sign me up. I'm ready for the challenge as long as I can wear my Harvard pin on my "CLASS A" uniform. Where are the cones when you need them??????? :shock: :shock:

11-20-2007, 02:17 AM
R Toolbert wants to start a unit especially comprised of only the finest members of ABT. The members of this unit will establish a colorguard to march in parades, jr. high school pep rallies, prom functions, and special patrol around the Wal-mart parking lots in Florida. Please reply to this post to show how many individuals would be willing to join. Please note that this special unit will nor replace the SRT unit of ABT.

Classic. That actually sounds like something he would do.

11-20-2007, 02:11 PM

and who would the finest members of ABT include?

11-22-2007, 02:36 AM

and who would the finest members of ABT include?

Let's pick one from each office. Care to start?

11-22-2007, 12:25 PM
No...lets step it up. Lets include others. Lets start with your mama. Lets put her fat a%@ on the end with an "AB&T" sign on it.

11-22-2007, 06:50 PM
There is no possible way you could be a wage earner, let alone an employee of ABT.