PDA

View Full Version : TRAVEL TIME

09-08-2007, 01:26 AM
Just food for thought while the commissioners are feeding the publics head with nonsence. :D

In Charlotte County, from their district one office (6868 San Casa Dr, Englewood 34224) to the Charlotte Jail (26601 Airport Road, Punta Gorda 33982) it is a 25 mile one way trip, per Mapquest, and takes 37 minutes. :shock:

Now compare that to North Port (4970 City Hall Blvd, North Port) to the Sarasota Jail located at (2020 Main Street, Sarasota) per Mapquest 38 mile one way trip, half interstate travel, therefore the estimated time is 43 minutes. :shock:

There is only a 6 minute difference in the time it takes compared to Charlotte County.

GIRLS STOP CRYING :roll:

09-08-2007, 02:26 PM
The difference being...."WE" make arrests!

09-08-2007, 03:06 PM
The difference being...."WE" make arrests!

And fool with a badge can make an arrest. And the NPPD is a good example of that.
To bad it is not always a legal arrest. Below is a good example of that.

http://www.heraldtribune.com/article/20 ... /-1/HELP07 (http://www.heraldtribune.com/article/20070805/NEWS/708050581/-1/HELP07)

09-08-2007, 04:28 PM
Hey asshole why don't you do your homework before you spout off. Check your facts, unless you believe everything you read in the paper. FYI. That case has already been dismissed.

09-08-2007, 05:45 PM
Hey *** VIRUS ALERT *** why don't you do your homework before you spout off. Check your facts, unless you believe everything you read in the paper. FYI. That case has already been dismissed.

Did and it was a bad arrest other wise this would not have happened.

"Prosecutors declined to prosecute the case, citing case law that says a gun owner does not need a concealed weapons permit in order to carry a firearm in a vehicle." (Herald Tribune)

Got my facts. Now get your head out of yours.

09-08-2007, 05:46 PM
to the nppd guy that said it is because "WE" make arrests. Please, get a life. I have no doubt NPPD make some arrests, but do not try and compare numbers....Just read the paper, CCSO make far more arrests and they are real arrests for real crimes. We can't drive around ticketing are county workers for driving a "gator" on the sidewalk. We have real calls we have to respond to.

09-08-2007, 06:43 PM
NPPDresponder is down!!!!! NPPDresponder!!!!!!! What a hit!!!!!!
1....2.....3.....4.... Nope it looks like he is not getting up from that one folks.

09-08-2007, 06:49 PM
In NPPD's defense.. there is rarely a wait at our jail and you can usually get right in a do your paperwork... I think I've had to wait for an open computer like once. However, I've been told that once they get there through downtown Sarasota Traffic the wait, because of the many agencies that use the jail, just to do paperwork is about a half hour on a quick day. Lets not forget that Sarasota has a much larger populated area then Charlotte County.

BUT YES, we do make more arrest then NPPD, proven by the police beat section, so that statement was just ludicrious.

09-08-2007, 10:44 PM
people leave n port to work for bigger depts with more call volume. n port is fine as a stepping stone but for 20 plus no way. a smarter move is working for a county agency more opportunities and your pension is payed for unlike ours we fund out of our own salary. the future is uncertain in north port but a county dept job security and more experience.

09-09-2007, 04:03 AM
I cannot understand why the same guy keeps posting this nonsense about North Port's upcoming doomsdayand how boring North Port is, and honestly thinks he's fooling people by posting under different names like "Rookie" and "soon to retire"... lol... your a piece of work if you think anyone here's falling for that. Maybe you should come up with one name and stick with it.

09-09-2007, 12:59 PM
The SAO in Charlotte County doesn't decline cases? Even good cases? Must be nice.

09-09-2007, 02:02 PM
i could never work for n port pd can you say BORING

09-09-2007, 11:07 PM
I hope you guys realize that your agency is the laughing stock of Law Enforcement. You have no respect from other agencies and are down at the bottom of the barrel as far as Sheriff's Office's go.

Sorry but it is true.

09-10-2007, 12:41 PM
I find it funny how people knock North Port for not being a crime infested dump. Now I have been a cop for a long time and most of that time was working in a dump, not North Port. The last time I checked our goal as Law Enforcement was to make our City a safe place to live and conduct business. Our goal is to maintain a safe community, not brag about how many armed robberies we have or how many crack heads are roaming the streets. I for one am proud to say that North Port is a City that is not out of control and is safe. Sure our biggest problem is property crime and domestic violence but that is a far cry from the dangers of even stepping foot into Charlotte County. You can mock the City of North Port all you like and you can say how boring it is here but you cannot take away the fact that this agency and the cops that work here have a reputation, screw up in North Port and you will go to jail! Yes we do traffic enforcement here as well and we do not have many crashes. Why is that, because people are afraid to violate the traffic laws. When driving off duty I find it amazing that people are afraid to even drive the speed limit here. We have an impact on our community and it is positive. That is what keeps this city safe and the Officers here are doing a great job of that, so the next time you compare departments think of your crime stats and ours and remember who is the more productive agency, yes it is North Port.

09-10-2007, 01:39 PM
If you guys think that the person who typed NPPD is boring is really from CCSO, think again... it's the same NP loser who's been posting that junk on every other thread on this board. How sad.... that he has to use names like "rookie", "soon to retire" and "CCSO"... and everyone keeps falling for it. It's the same loser who says NP is going broke tomorrow, and North Port is soooo boring and lame.

I am totally lost on a SAO comment.... who said that??

and to the person that said CCSO is the "laughing stock of Law Enforcement", I think you should keep your ears open about what people say about NPPD in the community and in Law Enforcement. I've heard more bad about NPPD then CCSO by a long shot.

09-10-2007, 05:04 PM
I find it funny how people knock North Port for not being a crime infested dump. Now I have been a cop for a long time and most of that time was working in a dump, not North Port. The last time I checked our goal as Law Enforcement was to make our City a safe place to live and conduct business. Our goal is to maintain a safe community, not brag about how many armed robberies we have or how many crack heads are roaming the streets. I for one am proud to say that North Port is a City that is not out of control and is safe. (Tell that to the clerk at the Chevron when the nut shot at the glass with a gun. Tell that to the parents of the little girl who is dead as well as the woman who's body was found floating in one of the canals. Tell that to the construction companies that have had hundereds of thousands of dollars in stolen material from the job sites.) Sure our biggest problem is property crime and domestic violence but that is a far cry from the dangers of even stepping foot into Charlotte County. You can mock the City of North Port all you like and you can say how boring it is here but you cannot take away the fact that this agency and the cops that work here have a reputation,(You are so right there! However not a good one I am sad to say.) screw up in North Port and you will go to jail!(Even if you don't screw up you can go to jail. Ask the man who was arrested for legaly carrying a firearm in his car.) Yes we do traffic enforcement here as well and we do not have many crashes. Why is that, because people are afraid(So true, people fear that they will be stopped for just looking out their car the wrong way at a NPPD cruiser. Yep intimidation is one of NPPD's greatest tools. So glad you came out and said it. There is no intent on working with the community to correct any problems. Just the use of fear to achieve your goal. How Nazi in your thinking you are.) to violate the traffic laws. When driving off duty I find it amazing that people are afraid Like I said before, intimidation is one of the greastes tools used by the PD. to even drive the speed limit here. We have an impact on our community and it is positive.(Is that why the NPPD is known as the Mayberry Sheriifs Dept of south county.) That is what keeps this city safe and the Officers here are doing a great job of that, so the next time you compare departments think of your crime stats and ours and remember who is the more productive agency, yes it is North Port.Excuse the next item please. ROTFL!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Sorry I could not hold that one in.

Man if you only knew how hypocritical that whole thing was. Do you know what the motto of the NPPD is?
"Don't do has we do! Do as we say."

09-10-2007, 06:27 PM
mayberry and aka the dump, whay a mess that swamp land is.. good luck and one day n port will be bankrupt, heck we have part time commissioners what a joke our city is. no roads, no sidewalks, no lights mayberry pd at its best.....

09-10-2007, 08:34 PM
I can only hope that you seek help for your mental issues. You have some serious problems that need to be addressed.

09-10-2007, 09:25 PM
The way I see it, you need some serious help. Anyone that can spew the venom that you do on every post is a time bomb waiting to explode! Today, it's I hate the North Port Police. Tomorrow, I'll move to Ocala and I'll hate the Ocala Police! You need to get a life and see if valium can help you get thru tomorrow! I see it for what it is, and that is that you are a hateful person and for some reason, you use this forum to spread your negativity. And if all goes as predictable as usual, you will use this post for your next attack.

09-10-2007, 11:25 PM
I did not create the negativity as you call it. The vast majority of the NPPD did it with not help from me.

You lament me for my posting of factual statements yet make no comment on the poster who makes the statement that he/she is proud of the fear that they instill in the public.
It is that kind of statment that has created the Mayberry image that the public and other agencies sees.

You want help, respect and cooperation from the public and other departments, then lose the "take no guff, cut no slack. hook'em, book'em and don't look back mentality.
The words might look good on your coffee mug, but as an attitude and work demeaner it sucks.

As for leaving, I have been in North Port longer then you have been alive.
AND I AM NOT GOING ANYWHERE.

So with that said please excuse me if I am not ashamed for saying anything because I "see it for what it is."

Oh last, I could not help but notice that you never once said that any of my infomation in my other responce was false or misleading.
The silence on that speaks volumes.

09-11-2007, 12:01 AM
Your explanation is exactly as I thought it would be! A North Port cop said this and that! soooo without even knowing if the person that wrote it was an actual Police Officer, you have called them all Nazis. The Chevron employee was saved because a North Port Police Officer wrestled him to the ground and arrested him! whoops, sorry See's. The detectives are working both murders on a daily basis, unless of course you would like to confess to them and give everyone the break they've been waiting for! Is that why you are so negative? Are you a murderer unhappy that you have not been caught? Interesting.......

09-11-2007, 08:04 AM
I see this kind of attitude and deal with it every day so do not think
you are lecturing John Q Public.
It has permeated the PD for along time, and contiunes to be passed from one new hiring group to another.
When the senior staff and and training (right down to the FTO) have this mentality and attitude (and it does), that is exactly what is passed on and taught to the probationary officers.
The only reason you expect the last kind of answer is because that is what you have come to expect as criticism becuase that is the kind of responce that the deparment has generated and shows no sign of altering its negative image.

I also thought that it was the fact that the glass of the Chevron that stopped the bullets from hitting the clerk oh wise one.

As for confessing anything, that seems to be the only way that the NPPD has been able to solve the majority of it's homicide cases. (Case in point the two families on Chancelor blvd.)
If the PD is as great as you would like to believe, then it should be able to solve such cases by investigative techniques rather then jail house confessions.
Why do you have officer after officer leaving this department for other agencies and even the military?

You know your post have not been an attempt at convincing me that things are great at the PD.
They have been your own attempt at trying to convince yourself.

So Dr. See why not try the old remedy, Physician, heal thyself.
So before you try and treat someone again Doc, make very sure that it is the patient who is suffering the affliction and not yourself.

09-11-2007, 10:59 AM
Here we go again! Mr. Negative at his finest! People leaving for the military! Shame on them! Must be because they hate North Port and not because they love our beloved country and want to serve it full time. Soooo.....that was 1 person that left. Let's see.....oh yeah...then there's the officer whose wife got a great job in Lee County so he decided that his family would live there...and then there's..oh wait...what about Officers from other agencies that are applying here? It's not because of your self-appointed description of the Department, rather the reputation as being one of the finest in the area to work for! I guess we can all figure out that the above guest is See's spouting again! Oh yeah...the glass at the Chevron....it's bulletproof...you're right there Skippy...and your point there is? That perp was taken into immediate custody. Should we have been standing there predicting that someone was going to take those shots on that day, at that time? Valium is the key to your getting through this crucial point in your life See's!

09-11-2007, 10:56 PM
I find it amazing the someone would take my post about why North Port is a safe city and turn it negative. If you commit a crime and get arrested that is your problem, we are not "Nazi's" as you call us. Something like that only comes from a criminal or someone that got a ticket and wanted a warning. Hey, you have a 50% chance of getting a warning or a ticket. You commited the offense so dealt with it. We have a job to do and we do it. You speak of the contactors that lose thousands of dollars from theft, well that is their fault. Secure you buildings or hire security. Everyone is responsible for the protection of their property as am I of my own. How do I do it you ask? Well, alarm system, security lighting, ect. I moved to this City because the North Port PD has a reputation of being tough on crime. Just like McGruff used to say on television, " Let's take a bite out of crime" and I believe that was a federal progam used to pay for that public service statement. The reason you stay here is because it is a safer place to live. Do not try and discredit the Police with negativity because you have had a bad expierence. I am a cop and have had negative contact with other cops, it happens. The real question is, who will you call when you need help, my guess is the North Port PD. Don't try and say you won't because that will be a lie. There is no possible way that you will be happy in any area that is under the control of government so it does not give any credit to your statements. You can try to use a few cases where mistakes were made and turn them into federal cases, we are used to it. When it comes down to it we are a great department and will continue to do what we do best, making North Port a safe place to live and do business. And if our reputaion is, don't speed in North Port or commit a crime in North Port than so be it, we are doing our jobs. If you can see nothing positive in that than you my friend have a real problem.

Ghost of 3101 NPPD
09-12-2007, 07:01 AM
I have waited to weigh in on this one as it seems that most who post here just do not have the nads to register here when posting. That goes for the up and down side of the PD.
Down side there are several officers who try to make a difference and make things better, you might not see it but they are there. They have some trouble being visible with such things as the gator ticket writing joke
but there are some there who use a good amount of officer discretion and don't stop every minor traffic infraction. There is not a cloud of rain hanging over your head.

Now for those posting the up side. There is and has been for sometime a self serving element in the PD and if you are not part of it's clique, your abilty to move up and outward in the department is greatly, greatly reduced. I know the officer of who See's posted about who left the PD for the military. He was one who hit that clique wall and the only way to go upward for him was the military. It had nothing to do with who ever made the statement that it might be because of his patriotism, but rather for the 5 digit bonus, free family health care, and cheaper housing. The only thing he could not find there was a free vet for that white/black Great Dane of his. That thing would take his daughter for one heck of a good run everyday.

Why can't the city keep a chief for more then a year or two at a time, if it is so rosey at the PD?

Just remember that after you are done doing the cop job (retired or whatever), that you have to live here when you are done. And like elephants people have long memories and will remember if you treated them like dirt.

For those that eat, breath and live the job 24/7, I recomend reading "The New Centurions" by Joseph Wambaugh.
Retirement or the leaving of law enforcement for whatever reason, and it's loss of power is no less of a withdrawl then drugs.
Some departments have pre-retirement programs that gradually wean an officer off such power and the job in general. Such as desk work, training, and other non-enforcement posistions. North Port does not have such a program.
It is a proven fact that a very large number of officers suffer one or several of the following within the first 5 yrs. of leaving the job.
Heart attack, stroke, debilitating depression, drug and alcohol abuse, or suicide.
Stop looking at the PD through rose colored glasses, and remove the tatoo of the badge off your chest.

09-12-2007, 09:30 PM
I find it amazing the someone would take my post about why North Port is a safe city and turn it negative. If you commit a crime and get arrested that is your problem, we are not "Nazi's" as you call us.(I said that you were a Nazi in your thinking for using fear as a way to get the public to cooperate. These are your exact words: "Yes we do traffic enforcement here as well and we do not have many crashes. Why is that, because people are afraid to violate the traffic laws. When driving off duty I find it amazing that people are afraid to even drive the speed limit here." Next time you quote me please use my words and not your own, they suck.) Something like that only comes from a criminal or someone that got a ticket and wanted a warning. (Another clueless Sherlock Holmes. Sorry, but I have never in my life received a ticket, warning or even been stopped. Period end of story, sorry.)Hey, you have a 50% chance of getting a warning or a ticket. You commited the offense so dealt with it. We have a job to do and we do it. You speak of the contactors that lose thousands of dollars from theft, well that is their fault. (I can believe that. Your just to darn busy stopping people for a tag light being out to check an area that has had half a dozen thefts from construction sites. I understand very well. You have your priorities. And I can see were stoppinng an evil do'er with a burnt out tag light his more important then finding someone stealing thousands of dollars worth of material. :roll: ) Secure you buildings or hire security. Everyone is responsible for the protection of their property as am I of my own. How do I do it you ask? Well, alarm system, security lighting, ect. I moved to this City because the North Port PD has a reputation of being tough on crime. The NPPD has a reputation for beign tuff on everything including just walking down the street and looking at an officer the wrong way. I believe the F.S.S. is under "Contempt of Cop" for that charge. Just like McGruff used to say on television, " Let's take a bite out of crime" and I believe that was a federal progam used to pay for that public service statement. The reason you stay here is because it is a safer place to live. (Wrong again **** Tracey, I stay here because it is a nice wooded area with no traffic and lots of nature. Sorry again. Please do not apply for the CID. You are not that good at all.) Do not try and discredit the Police with negativity because you have had a bad expierence. I am a cop and have had negative contact with other cops, it happens. And like several others here so was I at the NPPD. Greetings Old Guy, and Ghost.) The real question is, who will you call when you need help, my guess is the North Port PD. In 25 yrs of living here I have not had to yet. Please give up the detective work, you are realy, realy bad at it. Don't try and say you won't because that will be a lie.(This wrong detective bit is getting very boring.) There is no possible way that you will be happy in any area that is under the control of government so it does not give any credit to your statements.(Ok, your mind is realy wandering now. When in the world did I ever make such a statement as that? Oh, wait! That is some more of your misguided attempt at detective work again.) You can try to use a few cases where mistakes were made and turn them into federal cases, we are used to it. When it comes down to it we are a great department and will continue to do what we do best, making North Port a safe place to live and do business. And if our reputaion is, don't speed in North Port or commit a crime in North Port than so be it, we are doing our jobs. No your reputation is "don't come through North Port." If you can see nothing positive in that than you my friend have a real problem. Ok lets stop the games here and just come right out here and say what has been said before. The only reason in generating activity through traffic stopps is because it is constantly the largest generator of officer driven complaints. The more activity generated, the more the budget can be increased the following year.
A NPPD administrator stood in front of me and stated that if you wanted to keep the budget growing then feed the "Paper Monster". Not to mention the revnue that is generated for the state, county, city and the state run officer incentive pay fund.
OOPS!!!! Hope John Q. Public doesn't read that one. Not to many know about that perk, huh?

09-12-2007, 10:26 PM
Let's see....the person that left for the military was not who you think it was See's...get your facts straight! Jf is only on yearly's and will be back soon. The Officer that left was just completing FTO training and decided to go back into the Army. As for why we can't hold a Chief here, what department are you dreaming about? Yurchuck was here 10 years and retired! Sumter was an idiot and ready to get a vote of no confidence, so he left with everyone's blessing! Billy Colligan was named Interim Chief and was in the drop plan and had to go when his time was up (after 28 years), but stayed there long enough for Chief Lewis to be hired. Before all of them, there was Vic Costello. who was here for 12 years before quitting to open his own insurance business. So I ask you brain wizards....who can't keep a chief? And it's getting real old hearing about traffic stops! Every agency does them. Been to Venice lately? Sarasota? Punta Gorda? Fort Myers? Yes, they ALL do traffic stops...shhhhhh! I just told the airheads our secret! But their favorite past time is to knock the North Port Police Department for doing their job. I say we should hire See's or Ghost as our next Chief so they can spread their wisdom and stop the officers from doing their jobs. That way, they could both be happy living in North Port!