PDA

View Full Version : MESSAGE FROM THE PRESIDENT

09-05-2007, 06:25 PM
September 5, 2007

Honorable Angel Gonzalez

Chairman

City of Miami Commission

Sir,

On September 4, 2007, the City of Miami Police Officers clearly expressed their concern with the administration of Police Chief John F. Timoney and Deputy Chief Frank Fernandez. Out of 650 officers voting on whether they had confidence in the administration of the Police Chief and the Deputy Chief, 520 or 80.7% voted that they had no confidence in the Chief of Police and 548 or 85.1% voted that they had no confidence in the Deputy Chief.

During my tenure with the City of Miami Police Department, we have had good Police Chiefs and bad Police Chiefs, but this is the first time that a vote of no confidence has taken place. It clearly shows by an overwhelming margin, that morale in the department is at an all time low.

Our officers are dedicated to serving this community and on a daily basis do their job in a professional manner at the risk of their own lives. They should not have the added worries that this oppressive administration has placed on them.

The Chief of Police has chosen to blame the FOP for his problems, instead of facing them head on by taking responsibility for his actions. Even though he wrote a letter of apology to the Miami Herald, he never admitted that is was anything more than a knuckle headed mistake. What he failed to admit was that he violated numerous state statutes and a number of his own departmental orders by using his position to accept a gratuity.

The FOP is not going to tell the city who should be the next Chief of Police. We do ask that he be honest, fair and that he treats his subordinates in a professional manner. A chief of police should be a shinning example for others to follow, his integrity should never be questioned.

I ask you as elected officials to take a stand and put an end to this administration. We do not have to wait for the ethics commission to make a decision. By the Chief?s own admissions it is quite clear that he has betrayed the public trust and should be fired immediately!

Yours truly,

Armando Aguilar

President

Miami Fraternal Order of Police

CC: Commissioner Tomas Regalado

Commissioner Joe Sanchez

Commissioner Michelle Spence-Jones

Commissioner Marc Sarnoff

Mayor Manny Diaz

City Manager Pete Hernandez

All Media

09-05-2007, 07:43 PM
THAT'S WHAT I'M TALKING ABOUT!

09-05-2007, 09:05 PM
Bravo

09-05-2007, 09:37 PM
Brothers and Sisters, I hesitate to speak since it's not my dept but I feel your pain. You have voiced your displeasure with your chief and his hatchetman and then voted your conscience of No Confidence to the commission. The Lexus stunt is public corruption but may not be the punch needed to oust Diaz's hand picked lacky. More important is the forced manipulation of the city's crime statistics which, as you know, will have the effect of placing the chief and those under him in a favorable light to both the commission and the public by giving the false impression of his pro active stance and positive management style. You know better than I that this is a fraud.

Your FOP has initiated the question of corrupted statistics but it is you that must act now or your voice of reason will die a natural death. If the allegations are true, and I presume they are, then you must organize yourselves and just not stand around waiting for someone else to step forward. Your city is divided into districts and subdivided down to squads and teams and each of those squads and teams needs to have a person go to each individual officer and get the data on changed signals. That information should be gathered together at your sector level, then shift and then district and then given to your president. He must have the hard evidence to support his allegation or his complaints are seen as just those of a disgruntled employee without merit. Your dept is not the first to feel the effects of forced manulipulation. It has happened across the state and country as well but in every case where it's been exposed it's been the employees within that have stopped it and restored order to chaos.

You cannot stand by and allow nothing to happen while waiting for another to do what you can do as well. Get together and stand as one voice. Otherwise, they win.

09-08-2007, 11:57 AM
I ssure hope you have more up your sleeve I sure hope you hAVE MORE THEN just this things are dying down is this it is this over tell me the FOP hasnt screwed up again please

September 5, 2007

Honorable Angel Gonzalez

Chairman

City of Miami Commission

Sir,

On September 4, 2007, the City of Miami Police Officers clearly expressed their concern with the administration of Police Chief John F. Timoney and Deputy Chief Frank Fernandez. Out of 650 officers voting on whether they had confidence in the administration of the Police Chief and the Deputy Chief, 520 or 80.7% voted that they had no confidence in the Chief of Police and 548 or 85.1% voted that they had no confidence in the Deputy Chief.

During my tenure with the City of Miami Police Department, we have had good Police Chiefs and bad Police Chiefs, but this is the first time that a vote of no confidence has taken place. It clearly shows by an overwhelming margin, that morale in the department is at an all time low.

Our officers are dedicated to serving this community and on a daily basis do their job in a professional manner at the risk of their own lives. They should not have the added worries that this oppressive administration has placed on them.

The Chief of Police has chosen to blame the FOP for his problems, instead of facing them head on by taking responsibility for his actions. Even though he wrote a letter of apology to the Miami Herald, he never admitted that is was anything more than a knuckle headed mistake. What he failed to admit was that he violated numerous state statutes and a number of his own departmental orders by using his position to accept a gratuity.

The FOP is not going to tell the city who should be the next Chief of Police. We do ask that he be honest, fair and that he treats his subordinates in a professional manner. A chief of police should be a shinning example for others to follow, his integrity should never be questioned.

I ask you as elected officials to take a stand and put an end to this administration. We do not have to wait for the ethics commission to make a decision. By the Chief?s own admissions it is quite clear that he has betrayed the public trust and should be fired immediately!

Yours truly,

Armando Aguilar

President

Miami Fraternal Order of Police

CC: Commissioner Tomas Regalado

Commissioner Joe Sanchez

Commissioner Michelle Spence-Jones

Commissioner Marc Sarnoff

Mayor Manny Diaz

City Manager Pete Hernandez

All Media

09-08-2007, 02:37 PM
I cannot believe that anyone here doesn't think that the Commissioners have already made up their minds on this subject. And none of it has to do with what we want. The very strong statements made by Regaldo and Sarnoff when the story initially broke have been now become a lot weaker. Sanchez and Spence-Jones have been quiet all along. Prepare yourself for the reality that nothing will happen and then we will have to deal with it. A thorough investigation of the stat changing should have been done prior to releasing that information to the media (every news outlet not just channel 4 with turned all the others against us). And then we should have waited until just days before the Commission meeting to release the data. We did it too early, the Chief answered, the Commission was satisfied, and now we are screwed. For those that are now clamoring to ordain Armando the greatest ever, remember, when you wanna see what will happen in the future just look to the past. If this fails we must consider a change in our FOP leadership.

09-08-2007, 03:50 PM
state your name, run 4 office

09-08-2007, 04:00 PM
lets be REAL.

armando has balls,
you do not.
I'm happy with our leadership.
they went where others haven't.

replace casanovas, (voted against having the vote)
keep kerr (he is a scardy cat, but redeemed at the end)
replace scorola, (voted against having the vote)
keep ortiz (doesnt shut up, but thats a good thing)
keep armando and carlos. (balls, what else can i say?_

that is reality.

the chief is scared,
the dc is holding on to his stars,
the cmdrs want to be your friend,
they fear the FOP.

that is reality

09-08-2007, 05:11 PM
Armando may I suggest spell check? A shinning example sounds like a kick in the shins!

09-08-2007, 06:52 PM
Armando is a lightweight. T$ has been kicking Union ass his whole career. Do you think this is his first title fight? Shoooooot he battled NYPD and Philadelphia PD union leadership. You guys better come up with something else, because everytime you cry about the Lexus or make weak unsubstantiated claims about crime stats and cooking the books, T$$$$ breaks your backs with:

No major corruption arrests on his watch
No police shootings in 20 months
No more gun planting
Highest paid police dept in South florida
All major murders and rapes solved

He chops your nutts off and rallies the Citizens behind him. He might be the devil but he is kicking your butts in the Public Opinion poll and as long as it continues you all will look like whiney little children. Get it together and demand your UNION leaders bring in some experts or you are stuck with him.

09-08-2007, 07:04 PM
Armando is a lightweight. T$ has been kicking Union ass his whole career. Do you think this is his first title fight? Shoooooot he battled NYPD and Philadelphia PD union leadership. You guys better come up with something else, because everytime you cry about the Lexus or make weak unsubstantiated claims about crime stats and cooking the books, T$$$$ breaks your backs with:

No more gun planting

He chops your nutts off and rallies the Citizens behind him. He might be the devil but he is kicking your butts in the Public Opinion poll and as long as it continues you all will look like whiney little children. Get it together and demand your UNION leaders bring in some experts or you are stuck with him.

Wow, the truth is brutal, but its the truth none the less!

09-08-2007, 10:34 PM
No wonder the rest of the country thinks we are a third world city

If you guys spent 1/3 of the time you spent on this site, doing police work , we would be living in UTOPIA?..l

09-09-2007, 01:06 AM

If you guys spent 1/3 of the time you spent on this site, doing police work , we would be living in UTOPIA?..l

NO OTHER WAY TO EXPRESS MY FEELING ABOUT YOUR POST. YOUR AN A@SHOLE! take your third world city and put it in the bio hazard area of your body.

09-09-2007, 01:12 AM

OK STAFFER,,,,,,OK

09-09-2007, 10:07 AM

No more gun planting

pichel was major corruption.
no police shootings? hmm. lets see..the brinks robbery shooting, the shooting of the unarmed man at nw 8 ave and 14 st.
gun planting...hasn't been caught.
highest paid? we are beat by miami gardens.
major murders and rapes solved? a girl got gang raped in the northend and little havana had a kid capped for no reason.

The FOP and the people shall prevail.