PDA

View Full Version : Vehicles

09-05-2007, 06:07 PM
The new fto class at school board just got their new vehicles and laptops issued the day after they finished their fto phase. Tell me where the problem is. I see now every day how the rookies have to come in early and ride 2 man while the rest of us are on the street. This poses as a very big officer safety issue. Why is it our commanders get a bonus that could pay for two cars and meanwhile your officers could get hurt. Things like these are the reason behind the vote . Answeres????

09-06-2007, 03:10 AM
I dont have an answer. I can tell you I have been here 13 years and it has always been the same. The poor guys in fleet go crazy trying to find us cars and spares. I dont know if they still do it but when I came on I was on C shift and we sat at the station until B shift 06'ed then we could have a car. At FHP u get a car when u graduate the academy. Dont even get me started about the computers.

09-06-2007, 08:51 AM
Management Folks It's Management. This department and the city have a very hard time managing their resources($$$$). I just hope the new city manager can eventually put some type of order to this problem. However, I'm sure there's plenty of palms to grease through the bidding process so his efforts might be stifled.

09-06-2007, 02:11 PM
I dont have an answer. I can tell you I have been here 13 years and it has always been the same. The poor guys in fleet go crazy trying to find us cars and spares. I dont know if they still do it but when I came on I was on C shift and we sat at the station until B shift 06'ed then we could have a car. At FHP u get a car when u graduate the academy. Dont even get me started about the computers.

Dude, u just brought back some memories. At around that same time, I remember having to patrol in a PSA car. And the worse part was that we would get dispatched to 3's....CRAZY....funny how things were back then, but the moral was high. NOBODY complained, thats just the way it was.

09-06-2007, 09:44 PM
what about the fact that half the fto vehicles don't even have cages??? when we actually do proactive work and pull over someone who has 8 suspensions and a extradition warrant and we need to put them in a car but there's no cage and half the crew doesn't have cages either bc we're all in ftos or spares, that's a safety issue. i know it's just b*tching and really hardly anyone's fault, and i don't want to whine. it's just a safety issue that we need to address.

09-06-2007, 09:53 PM
what about the fact that half the fto vehicles don't even have cages??? when we actually do proactive work and pull over someone who has 8 suspensions and a extradition warrant and we need to put them in a car but there's no cage and half the crew doesn't have cages either bc we're all in ftos or spares, that's a safety issue. i know it's just b*tching and really hardly anyone's fault, and i don't want to whine. it's just a safety issue that we need to address.

Clearly one of many officer safety concerns Timoney and Fernandez have ignored. No, it's not b*TCHING! This and other operational matters are real concerns the FOP must bring it to Mr. Hernandez, Commissioners and the Media's attention!

09-06-2007, 11:58 PM
well sola got a fto vehicale assigned to her the first day on solo. and she has a computer. but she doesnt have it assigned anymoe because remember she shoved it up the sgts ass. but she still uses the same car all the tim because it has a bracket.

09-07-2007, 06:11 PM
why on earth does EVERY d*mn strand end up back on sola?
seriously, we have better things to worry about than who's dating whom. we all do it, let's just drop it, who really cares? back to the vehicle problem... please, can anyone think of someone to talk to? bc those affected (probation officers) don't really have the voice to complain right now. but as was mentioned before, it's a huge safety issue and besides not having cages, we have to turn them in hours before shift ends and we sit around or ride two-man which prohibits us from continuing our jobs. again, not the sgt.'s fault or anything like that. just a situation that should be brought up at the fop or something.

09-08-2007, 10:42 PM
dear rookies please try to hold on another week. the b.l.e. class#242 is now beeing issued their almost new 01 and 03 veh. which have anyware from 120,000 miles to 150,000 miles and are in worse conditions than most fto cars which are falling apart. in a nother week or so the problems with the cars is going to be fixed because of this ble having their takehomes......then we will be fighting with later classes because we will need to borrow fto veh. because most of the veh beeing issued have noot even been inspected for things like working lights tires ac brakes and all the engines have extremly high miles on them for a veh thats used for police work. i my self leave almost 40 miles from the city and put almost 100 miles on the fto car on a daily basis so im guessing that my newly issued car will hit 200,000 in less than 6 months..... :evil:

09-09-2007, 12:32 AM
Sola has implants! So what, do they look and feel natural? That's what matters!

ASK JAVI!

09-10-2007, 06:14 AM
dear rookies please try to hold on another week. the b.l.e. class#242 is now beeing issued their almost new 01 and 03 veh. which have anyware from 120,000 miles to 150,000 miles and are in worse conditions than most fto cars which are falling apart. in a nother week or so the problems with the cars is going to be fixed because of this ble having their takehomes......then we will be fighting with later classes because we will need to borrow fto veh. because most of the veh beeing issued have noot even been inspected for things like working lights tires ac brakes and all the engines have extremly high miles on them for a veh thats used for police work. i my self leave almost 40 miles from the city and put almost 100 miles on the fto car on a daily basis so im guessing that my newly issued car will hit 200,000 in less than 6 months..... :evil:

Hey, how many miles did that Lexus have? Anyway these Fords come with a 1,000,000,000 (that's a billion for some of you guys) mile warranty from the factory. They're built tough!!!! Now that's progress!!! Yea G!!!

09-10-2007, 03:24 PM
Sola has implants! So what, do they look and feel natural? That's what matters!

ASK JAVI!

He wouldn't know, he doesn't like girls!

10-02-2007, 08:03 AM
QUE VOLA CON LOS PUPUS?

10-02-2007, 07:09 PM
Sola has implants!

so does every other girl in miami :roll:

10-17-2007, 07:51 PM
same topic