PDA

View Full Version : Harms files IA complaint

Phaedrus11
09-03-2007, 10:19 PM
I heard Chief Harms filed an IA complaint today at Central. Anyone know how this is going to be handled? I don?t think anyone in the city could investigate and I don?t think we have any precedence for this. Anyone have any insight?

Kerr

09-03-2007, 10:42 PM
I heard Chief Harms filed an IA complaint today at Central. Anyone know how this is going to be handled? I don?t think anyone in the city could investigate and I don?t think we have any precedence for this. Anyone have any insight?

Kerr

Kerr, it seems ludicrous that Timoney's own Internal Affairs would investigate an allegation against the police chief! The only logical alternative is the City of Miami Civilian Investigative Panel (CIP). Among the CIP's duties is the investigation of allegations of police misconduct.

http://www.ci.miami.fl.us/cip/pages/AboutUs/Default.asp

09-03-2007, 11:21 PM
if the civilian investigation panel does or try to do an investigation on us the grints then why they can't do it on higer ups example the chief almighty....

09-03-2007, 11:22 PM
if the civilian investigation panel does or try to do an investigation on us the grunts then why they can't do it on higer ups example the chief almighty....

09-03-2007, 11:24 PM
if the civilian investigation panel does or try to do an investigation on us the grunts then why they can't do it on higer ups example the chief almighty....

09-04-2007, 12:53 AM
City Manager should ask FBI to step in and find the truth. While at it, they can polygraph the 5 witnesses from the Ocean Party and calzoncillo.

09-04-2007, 01:54 AM
While they are looking at T$ maybe they check out why the IA was also getting afree upgrade on his rental. Isnt a free SUV enough, did he have to drive around in an Infinity. Check with the rental company or budget it is true. He did nt turn it in until the vote came up

Phaedrus11
09-04-2007, 08:58 AM
Kerr, it seems ludicrous that Timoney's own Internal Affairs would investigate an allegation against the police chief! The only logical alternative is the City of Miami Civilian Investigative Panel (CIP). Among the CIP's duties is the investigation of allegations of police misconduct.

http://www.ci.miami.fl.us/cip/pages/AboutUs/Default.asp

I'll make a phone call today and see if the CIP is aware of the complaint. The Chief has never been a fan of the CIP (neither have I) and I don?t know if they have ever proven to be relevant. It will be interesting, for sure.

09-04-2007, 09:50 AM

Kerr Hummmm, Ex-Chief filing an IA complaint on T$...I wonder what Harms real motives are....one might think that he wants his old job back. In any case, is highly suspicious that a Gringo would go after another Gringo for a few Cubanos... :shock:

09-04-2007, 09:43 PM
HARMS CAN FILE A COMPLAINT WITH I.A. AND THEY MUST INVETIGATE.

HE ENJOYS THE ATTENTION IT BRINGS HIM. GOOD FOR BUSINESS

YOU DON'T WANT HIM BACK..................

09-04-2007, 09:43 PM

09-05-2007, 12:54 PM

Does anyone have a contact telephone number for Harms, or e-mail?

09-05-2007, 10:23 PM
How can IA investigate the chief driving a free car when the IA major was driving a free upgraded rental for months. He was driving an Infinity until last week when the Lexus came up. FDLE needs to investigate the entire affair. Maybe Gary Stevens should look into nthe actions of IA Commander Major Luis Perez also.

09-06-2007, 03:18 AM
OK. Guys we all know that BSO got slammed a couple years ago for faking the funk to help increase business confidence and hence the bond ratings. The City has been doing the same for at least the past five years. Just ask the corrupt IA sgt. formerly known as tony rigueira. maybe, mr. harms is just doing his civic duty and turning himself in?