PDA

View Full Version : TPD policy on visible tattoos

09-03-2007, 10:58 AM
Im currently employed at a dept in central florida, but I plan on applying to TPD within the next year. What is the agencies policy on visible tattoos?

Central Florida Officer

09-03-2007, 12:13 PM
Im currently employed at a dept in central florida, but I plan on applying to TPD within the next year. What is the agencies policy on visible tattoos?

Central Florida Officer

The policy is you can't have any. None of those silly eyebrow rings either that you crazy kids get these days!!!

09-04-2007, 01:04 AM
The policy is that they dont allow visible tatoos. Now I know they have hired people with visible tatoos but they have made them sign a contract that they will have the tatoos removed within 1 year of hire

09-05-2007, 12:42 AM
Yup...strict appearance policy here at TPD. We can't have Tampa's Finest running around with visible tattoos. That is unprofessional and unacceptable.

Our recruits don't need to know how to spell, or type a coherent paragraph, or speak fluent English.

They can be overweight, have gold teeth, or no teeth. None of these are necessary to portray a professional, authoritative demeanor.

But a tattoo of an American Flag or your child's name on your forearm...nobody will respect or obey such an officer.

SAD.

09-05-2007, 01:57 AM
Love the comment about the gold teeth. I can never get over the officer that has gold teeth and wears a uniform. Pathetic!!

09-05-2007, 04:59 PM
Damn you should check out Florida city PD. In dade county florida

09-06-2007, 05:59 AM
the policy is no visible tattoos and this is what I had to do. If you have one and they wish to hire you, you will have to sign a contract stating that you will have it removed withiin 1 year of your date of hire. They also take a photo of the tattoo and put it in your file.

09-11-2007, 04:20 AM
the policy is no visible tattoos and this is what I had to do. If you have one and they wish to hire you, you will have to sign a contract stating that you will have it removed withiin 1 year of your date of hire. They also take a photo of the tattoo and put it in your file.

thanks for the responses, I made the original post. I dont have anything to horrible, just a tattoo on my bicep that comes down little above my elbow...hoping I can just get away with getting a uniform shirt with longer sleeves to cover it. Like I said my dept and most others around my area do not care. I can understand if you have offensive tattoos, but I dont understand why TPD and others descrimiate over tattoos.