PDA

View Full Version : Polygraph Advice-Experience

09-03-2007, 02:22 AM
I came to Miami to take a polygraph at Slattery (polygraph firm) in Doral. I've taken polygraph exams before and had no problems. However, this one was seemingly unpleasant. For some reason, I was extremely nervous and I could not calm down for anything; I think it was because I really want this job. To make matters worst the polygraph examiner had very little patience with me and he only conducted one set of exam questions. At the end of the testing, he was very curt with me and told me that he could not give me my results yet because he had to take time to read them. He told me that I would have to retrieve my results from the hiring agency.

In my experience with polygraph exams or CVSA exams, the examiner usually conducts the test two to three times and the results are available right then.

Is this the typical way that polygraph exams are ran in FLORIDA or do you think that he was trying to avoid confrontation on the basis that the test did not look well for me? I am confused about this and the examiners disposition made me feel really uncomfortable. What ya think?

09-03-2007, 05:45 PM
You might be posting this in the wrong thread. It is my understanding that our department only uses the CVSA being administered by our own certified CVSA officers. As far as Slattery goes, he is an arse! When I got hired by Metro (now Miami-Dade) he was the biggest problem. Had to take the damn thing twice and he treated my like shit. Anyhow, good luck in the rest of the hiring process.

09-05-2007, 02:07 AM
Thanks for the info.

Take Care and Be Safe!

09-06-2007, 06:29 AM
gxd