PDA

View Full Version : Length of Training and other questions pertaining to newbies

gcopter
09-02-2007, 07:10 PM
How long is the academy now? When I first went thru with MDPD, back in `89, it was 4 months for municipal PD`s (7 for the county).

How long is the probationary period?

How are the off duty jobs, is the pay rate better than overtime? Is it more scarce than overtime?

What is the average yearly pay for PO`s just off the academy during their probationary period?

How long are you trained by the FTO`s before they let you solo?

I am an out of state PO with 12 years experience and am considering going back to law enforcement. I had gone thru the MDPD academy but resigned shortly after graduation due to personal problems. I HATE my present job (airline industry) and have been without a payrise for the past 4 years and the future doesn`t look promising.

Thanks for any and all replies.

09-02-2007, 07:29 PM
How long is the academy now? When I first went thru with MDPD, back in `89, it was 4 months for municipal PD`s (7 for the county).

How are the off duty jobs, is the pay rate better than overtime? Is it more scarce than overtime?

What is the average yearly pay for PO`s just off the academy during their probationary period?

I am an out of state PO with 12 years experience and am considering going back to law enforcement. I had gone thru the MDPD academy but resigned shortly after graduation due to personal problems. I HATE my present job (airline industry) and have been without a payrise for the past 4 years and the future doesn`t look promising.

You appear to be a Frog jumping from job to job. We don't want you here. :lol:

gcopter
09-02-2007, 07:38 PM

You appear to be a Frog jumping from job to job. We don't want you here. :lol:

Between the airlines and LEO I have 28 years... in either job as I started working part time in the airlines whilst still a cop (PD job in PR didn`t paid very well and there was no OT pay, only comp time)

Make that a gimp frog, sliding, not jumping! :D

09-02-2007, 10:23 PM
Dear gcopter dont bother asking any questions here. As you can see the people on this website do not offer any type of help whatsoever. No wonder why people have no respect for City of Miami Cops. You should be ashamed of the kind of things you tell people who are looking for information regarding the job you guys do and who you represent.

09-02-2007, 10:46 PM
Okay Gman,the proper forum to ask these questions is our training unit,305-579-6520,I believe!
Not bother is delusional. We are not trying to be nasty,{that is done by our chief,deputy and cmdrs},we are just focused on liberating ourselves!!!

Now,if after reading about ALL the A$$ holes who are running this place u wish to join us,god bless but please wait till after,SEPT4TH for anything else!!
SEPT4TH,NO CONFIDENCE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!11