PDA

View Full Version : Chef Timmoney

09-01-2007, 06:20 PM
What this department needs is a CBS4 reporter like Gary Nelson to investigate the policy developed in 2005 called OVERLAP and it's correlation to cooking the books. We have smart people in this department and why is OVERLAP allowed to even exist? I only offer this as a teaching model. We have forgotten about what real police work is and only worry about citizen contacts.

09-01-2007, 06:32 PM
What this department needs is a CBS4 reporter like Gary Nelson to investigate the policy developed in 2005 called OVERLAP and it's correlation to cooking the books. We have smart people in this department and why is OVERLAP allowed to even exist? I only offer this as a teaching model. We have forgotten about what real police work is and only worry about citizen contacts.

Well DD has been gone for almost 2 months and the overlap is still running strong. Leads me to believe that it will continue even under CN's command.

Maybe the FOP (BJ) will do something for the good of the order for a change and get this overlap canceled for good.

09-01-2007, 06:52 PM
I hope he is reading these topics for the good points. CN, if you read this, your era needs this removed so you do not face what DD's buddy "the CHEF" is going through in Miami. Take charge and pump up your troops and 86 the overlap.

09-02-2007, 06:32 AM
What's so bad about the overlap? We have an overlap detail because there are 2 hours of overlap at the beginning and end of every shift. You guys calling for an end to the overlap better be careful of what you wish for. The overlap can easily be traded for 8 hour shifts 5 days a week. Is that what you are willing to trade for a ticket and a citizen contact? Not me. I vote for 4 day workweek and overlap thank you. Is it really that hard?????

09-02-2007, 01:28 PM
What's so bad about the overlap? We have an overlap detail because there are 2 hours of overlap at the beginning and end of every shift. You guys calling for an end to the overlap better be careful of what you wish for. The overlap can easily be traded for 8 hour shifts 5 days a week. Is that what you are willing to trade for a ticket and a citizen contact? Not me. I vote for 4 day workweek and overlap thank you. Is it really that hard?????

I agree with you guest. Besides, the overlap is the only time of the day that you have to do something. The rest of the shift all you have to do is answer calls. At least we are not humping calls straight out of roll call!!! Think about it and stop crying. :oops:

09-03-2007, 03:50 PM
the overlap is a joke, and we all kow it.
BRASS has even told me to, "just make them up".
give them a citizen contact, a parker, and/or a citiation. just give them 1 freking thing when called for stats. IS THAT THAT HARD? and if any sgt or lt has the balls to question your low overlap numbers...ask if this is a quota system, and if so what number is needed to stop the harrassment.
it's not that difficult! one hour to hang with your buddies and drink coffee!!!!! off the radio!!!!! if the question you, question them back!!!!! (quota?) if they check your stat to verify, give them zeros for a while!!!! i have , i have , i have!!!! it's not that hard guys!!!!!

09-04-2007, 12:38 AM
i cant understand all the fuss about the overlap. the way people talk about it you would think its a new thing. let me tell you this things been around for a long time but for some reason we gotta cry about it like its something bad. it aint going away. things come and go..things change..in the last 20 yrs ive seen alot. but what remains constant is cops complaining about stuff they got no power over. look the way i see it we are our own worse enemys. u can bet some guy some time during some shift didnt carry his weight either by not makiing any arrests or calling off BS 38 calls and leaving one of his bros to handle his stuff. ( meanwhile the shluff gets ofc o the month for all his 39 stats ). believe me if there were an overlap designed to clear the screen of calls it would be...hey what do you know....could it be that the reason for the overlap is so those pending calls can get cleared. dont blame the administration. blame the jackoff who says hes your bro but then calls off a phantom 38....16...19....or flag down. just do it...take care of your brother.