PDA

View Full Version : Future MPO

08-31-2007, 06:40 PM
Hey I am currently in the process to become a PO for the city I am at the assessment stage where I will be given a scenario to see how I deal with it. I was wondering if anyone would volunteer their time so I can do a ride along just to get a feel of what may be thrown at me and the right way to deal with the situation. I don't care what shift or what part of town. I can 15 with the best of them...

Dedicated

09-01-2007, 12:03 AM
GO TO CENTRAL AND REQUEST A RIDE ALONG.....BUT WHAT THEY GIVE YOU IS NOT WHAT HAPPENS ON THE STREETS JUST TELL WHAT THEY WANT TO HEAR AND YOU WILL BE OK.

09-01-2007, 06:24 PM
Thanks for your response to my question. I really do appreciate it... I understand that I am also going to be given 30 min. to write the report up. Any tips on report writing? Any do's and don'ts?

FMPO

09-01-2007, 06:59 PM
are you sure you are applying for the city of miami, cause they dont do none of those test.

09-01-2007, 07:50 PM
Thanks for your response to my question. I really do appreciate it... I understand that I am also going to be given 30 min. to write the report up. Any tips on report writing? Any do's and don'ts?

FMPO

Thats Miami-Dade Police Department assessment exam, not city of miami.

09-02-2007, 06:35 AM
If you are applying for the City ,just make sure you know how to make DIP, milk crate, &amp mamoncillo &amp water vendor arrests..

09-02-2007, 11:35 PM
If you are applying for the City ,just make sure you know how to make DIP, milk crate, &amp mamoncillo &amp water vendor arrests..

what statutes does these falls into?

09-05-2007, 05:22 PM
are you sure you are applying for the city of miami, cause they dont do none of those test.

Actually you are right my bad...the assessment I am taking is for MDPD, I am currently going through both processes. But still I rather do MPD first...my decision to wear the brown gown ranks #2. I have always had a lot more respect for the city cops...to me you guys have the real police work, with the little your given.

FMPO