PDA

View Full Version : Use Of Force

08-31-2007, 05:43 PM
Let me ask this question fellas :

How would you compare these two situations---

One Officer tases another Officer

One Officer has his K-9 dog bite another Officer

I know what the Officer who used his taser received as discipline - now for all of you out there who say our Department is soooo fair - what did the K-9 Officer get??????? (And by the way - this was not the first his K-9 bit someone who was not a fleeing felon).....

08-31-2007, 06:08 PM
I feel Reserve Officer Jim Ewing should do the investigation, he has all the answers.

08-31-2007, 06:17 PM

I know what the Officer who used his taser received as discipline - now for all of you out there who say our Department is soooo fair - what did the K-9 Officer get??????? (And by the way - this was not the first his K-9 bit someone who was not a fleeing felon).....

He should obviously get prison time. That's fair.

08-31-2007, 06:20 PM

A glaring omission from your post: The first incident was done on purpose. The second was an accident. Frankly, the first was by far the more idiotic act.

08-31-2007, 08:05 PM

You my friend are a butthead. One has nothing to do with the other. The dog is an animal and from time to time they bite others. That is the price we pay. The second (Taser) the Ofc involved taser not the taseee. Was man enough to stand up and not hide for his mistake. He is OK in my book, not a coward. Use this site for good not the break down our GREAT AGENCY.....................

09-01-2007, 12:42 AM
No glaring omission from the first scenario - it was an accident - not done on purpose - The Officer forgot he put the cartridge back on the gun and went to simply dry stun the other. And yes, they both have to do with the other. When you cannot control your K-9 dog, a dog that has already bitten another citizen, and chased some of our own Officers ( they had to get on top of their cars by the way to avoid being bit) - it is the Handler of the dog who is at fault..... plain & simple..... Something should be done about this... It is not the price we pay.....

09-01-2007, 12:52 AM
No glaring omission from the first scenario - it was an accident - not done on purpose - The Officer forgot he put the cartridge back on the gun and went to simply dry stun the other. And yes, they both have to do with the other. When you cannot control your K-9 dog, a dog that has already bitten another citizen, and chased some of our own Officers ( they had to get on top of their cars by the way to avoid being bit) - it is the Handler of the dog who is at fault..... plain & simple..... Something should be done about this... It is not the price we pay.....

Nice twist on the Taser incident, but that is water under the bridge. Ofc. was mature and owned up. period. A dog chased ofcs so they got on top of thier patrol car? yea right. If this happen, which I do not think they did, then the Sgt is wrong for not dealing with it rigth then. It sounds like sour grapes and you wish you were part of them :( If I am wrong, then I am sorry to think you would give miss information

09-01-2007, 02:03 AM
No glaring omission from the first scenario - it was an accident - not done on purpose - The Officer forgot he put the cartridge back on the gun and went to simply dry stun the other.

Do us a favor...quit your day job and become a lawyer...we could use a guy like you making arguments for the defense. We'd have a very high conviction rate.

09-01-2007, 02:09 AM

Ohhhhhh, I see. The first officer attempted to DRY STUN another officer on accident and the K-9 officer purposely allowed his dog to attack fellow officers. Yeah, I follow you there. You should change your name to Mr. Stupid.

09-01-2007, 02:14 AM

The Officer was not tased during an authorized (meaning per policy) deployment. The Officer with the taser should not have had his taser out of the holster. The Officer that was dog bitten was bitten ACCIDENTALLY during an authorized deployment. This would be more accurately compared to an incident (for example) of an Officer missing a suspect with a taser and striking another Officer with the probes and shocking him/her. If that happened, we would all say, "well, it's an accident." Same thing with the situation that you are referring to.

Grow up. If you're that afraid of a dog, then don't get out of your car when the K-9 Officers deploy their dogs. I'm sure they won't mind that they're missing YOU as a backup..............

09-01-2007, 06:53 AM
Once again, it makes me sick that not only did mr. curious pass the psych and poly, but we give him a gun and a paycheck for his stupidity. It's probably you staying 10-6 writing this post while someone else handles your zone you f'n load. You are lucky you don't work for a REAL employer that would fire you for playing with a weapon like it was a f'n toy. Your maturity level is probably equal to your shoe size.

The punishment should have been a demotion to citywide zulu for a month. See how tough you are without your "toys/weapons"

That is the dumbest argument anyone could bring up. I think that someone is just stirring the pot. Hands down, our police department makes some dumb decisions but this is not one of them....

Thanks though, it HAD been a couple of days since our last dumb post.

09-01-2007, 11:53 AM
Your missing one important factor in discipline, the tasee was such a stand up guy and 10-8 that the incident caused an uproar at the next supervisor only(he's allowed)coffee break at the bean

09-01-2007, 12:42 PM
Your missing one important factor in discipline, the tasee was such a stand up guy and 10-8 that the incident caused an uproar at the next supervisor only(he's allowed)coffee break at the bean

Tasee stand up? NO YOU ARE WRONG THERE. Sir you should say Taser was stand up and still is.