PDA

View Full Version : so-called message of the day

08-31-2007, 02:10 PM
What kind of statement is "Wisdom is knowing the difference between free speech and cheap talk"?" Talk is never cheap in a totalitarian society--which we are rapidly approaching--actually, each word should be treated as a precious jewel. Censorship and book-burning mean the loss of precious culture and learning with statements such as this "quote."

Jails and confinement also constrict expression and precious freedom, and have the added convenience of stifling views which are contrary to your own. Suppressing the dignity of our officers and cutting their ability to freely express themselves is so demoralizing, you just might demoralize them sufficiently enough to suit a certain politician who has a daughter in BSO, wants BSO, cares absolutely nothing about our citizens, and can't get enough personal power.

Finally, your so-called "message" implies a loss of dignity that is more than an insult to each individual officer. The teamwork cannot happen in the face of such of such demoralization from above; the law enforcement team misses its footing; crime will win (and certainly has been winning!)the day. But you may not, my stodgy, cruel friend.

I would consider this quote itself inherently insulting to the reader--but isn't that the idea---------? Shame on at least one writer, I say. :? [/i]

09-01-2007, 05:00 AM
What kind of statement is "Wisdom is knowing the difference between free speech and cheap talk"?" Talk is never cheap in a totalitarian society--which we are rapidly approaching--actually, each word should be treated as a precious jewel. Censorship and book-burning mean the loss of precious culture and learning with statements such as this "quote."

Jails and confinement also constrict expression and precious freedom, and have the added convenience of stifling views which are contrary to your own. Suppressing the dignity of our officers and cutting their ability to freely express themselves is so demoralizing, you just might demoralize them sufficiently enough to suit a certain politician who has a daughter in BSO, wants BSO, cares absolutely nothing about our citizens, and can't get enough personal power.

I salute whoever wrote this as it is one one the most intelligent postings I have read.

Finally, your so-called "message" implies a loss of dignity that is more than an insult to each individual officer. The teamwork cannot happen in the face of such of such demoralization from above; the law enforcement team misses its footing; crime will win (and certainly has been winning!)the day. But you may not, my stodgy, cruel friend.

I would consider this quote itself inherently insulting to the reader--but isn't that the idea---------? Shame on at least one writer, I say. :? [/i]