PDA

View Full Version : Chief Timoney: `I offer my deepest apology'

08-30-2007, 10:59 AM
During the past four years, I have been honored to serve as your chief of police. I have patrolled your streets and neighborhoods; I have met and come to know many of you. You have opened your homes and businesses to me, extended your friendship and made me feel welcomed.

To the men and women of the Miami Police Department, I have the greatest respect and admiration for all of you. It is an honor to lead you, to serve alongside you, making our city safer.

Having spent my entire professional career in New York City and Philadelphia, I did not know what to expect when I became your chief. Upon arriving in Miami, this great city opened its heart to me and my family and made us feel like we had lived here all our lives. Having arrived in America in 1961, Miami has welcomed me as one more immigrant in search of the American Dream.

Regrettably, I have made a mistake. In my 35-year career in law enforcement, I cannot recall another time when an action or a decision on my part has caused such a questioning of my judgment and a lack of confidence in my ability to perform my duties to the city. For that, I am sorry. I hope that I have not let you down. I hope that my error has in no way diminished your confidence in me. I respect this department too much, and I love this city too much, to allow my actions to bring shame upon any of you.

To be clear, it was never my intent to mislead our community or its decisionmakers.

I have now purchased the vehicle in question. Additionally, I have had the Lexus dealership calculate the monetary difference between my leased sedan and the Lexus hybrid. I am dividing that amount equally and have sent the checks of support to three local charities: Boys and Girls Club of Miami, Shake-a-Leg Foundation and the Liberty City Optimist Club. In so doing, it is my hope that I can begin to make amends for my mistake.

I am prepared to accept any decision by the city manager, the ethics committee and the people of Miami. But know this: I have dedicated my life to law enforcement. I love what I do, and I want very much to continue serving you.

I love the people of this great city and can now only ask for your forgiveness. To all of you, I offer my deepest apology.

JOHN F. TIMONEY, chief of police, Miami

08-30-2007, 11:41 AM
now he loves us

08-30-2007, 11:52 AM
Just like buying the garden hose after the house has burned down. Too little too late!

08-30-2007, 12:00 PM
You want to make proper amends, GET RID OF FRANK FERNADEZ !!!!!!
Then come and talk to us.

08-30-2007, 02:26 PM
Dear Chief Timony, with all due respect (none due) ,cram it clown.

08-30-2007, 02:55 PM
You want to make proper amends, GET RID OF FRANK FERNADEZ !!!!!!
Then come and talk to us.

DO IT, DO IT, DO IT!

08-30-2007, 03:45 PM
I hope whoever wrote this realizes that u cant write something using someone elses name?? DID T WRITE THIS OR IS IT A JOKE??
I REALIZE IT SAYS,SOMEONE ELSE WROTE THIS BUT THATS THE USERS NAME. ITS SIGNED BY T SO DID HE WRITE THAT???
I DOUBT THAT SCUM WOULD APOLOGIZE SO MODS SHOULD LOOK AT DELETING THAT MEMO,UNLESS HE WROTE ONE!!!!!????????????????

08-30-2007, 07:55 PM
http://www.miamiherald.com/456/story/219803.html

08-30-2007, 08:36 PM
http://www.miamiherald.com/456/story/219803.html

Reading Timoney's blarney laden letter of contrition was the best laxative I've taken in years! As I ponder the trials and tribulations afflicting our City, as I read the chief's letter to the Miami Herald's editor, as if by magic, something wonderful occurred -- a bowel movement! Thank you chief Timoney for the inspirational words. At my age, I need all the help I can get!

08-30-2007, 10:33 PM
TMONEY,U R A DISGRACE!!!
YOU SPEND THE FIRST 4YRS OF YOUR ADMIN TREATING THESE JULIOS LIKE CRAP AND NOW THAT U R IN TROUBLE,U SELL OUT IN THE HERALD.

THOSE OF US WHO SUPPORTED YOUR VIAL DISGUST FOR THE CUBANS ARE NOW DISAPPOINTED AT YOUR LOW CHARACTER AND WEAK STAND.

Tmoney,dont lose your Bias,racial hate. Stand for the few of us left.
F... THE CUBANS AND THE REST. U WILL GET A JOB IN THE SOUTH!

08-30-2007, 11:32 PM
I hope whoever wrote this realizes that u cant write something using someone elses name?? DID T WRITE THIS OR IS IT A JOKE??
I REALIZE IT SAYS,SOMEONE ELSE WROTE THIS BUT THATS THE USERS NAME. ITS SIGNED BY T SO DID HE WRITE THAT???
I DOUBT THAT SCUM WOULD APOLOGIZE SO MODS SHOULD LOOK AT DELETING THAT MEMO,UNLESS HE WROTE ONE!!!!!????????????????

NOW, DON"T YOU FEEL DUMB?

08-31-2007, 12:50 AM
T$ is absentee. Who cares about that clown. Doesn't effect our day to day. You want forgiveness? Fix the mistake you made when you elevated the anti-christ Boy King to the DC position, and bust down the minions like Tony and Stevie.
Johnny-Boy: rectify your mistake. That's what has become your downfall. If you think it's the stupid car, your not listening. Blame the underling. Fire the BK

08-31-2007, 03:46 AM
My dear rectify,its not just B.K but his aide and Cancocillo too before we can even fathom forgiving him.
Never in the history of this dept have we had men like these. A full disgrace and yet,we actually relieve of duty and fire cops for less. WOW.

08-31-2007, 05:01 AM
WE SHOULD CALL TMONEY'S LETTER OF APOLOGY THE MIAMI POLICE LAXATIVE' NOT ONLY DID IT MAKE ME LOOSE MY DINNER, IT MADE ME PUKE EVERYTHING ELSE.

THIS GUY WOULD NOT EVEN GIVE YOU A GOOD MORNING AND NOW HE WANTS FORGIVENESS? IS HE GOING TO FORGIVE US WHEN WE MAKE A MISTAKE TRYING TO DO OUR JOBS?

PLEASE, I WONT SLEEP TONIGHT. WHAT A JOKE. DO US A FAVOR CHIEF, GET THE HELL OUT OF HERE AND TAKE YOUR SIDE KICKS WITH YOU.

08-31-2007, 05:07 AM
If you or I wanted to have the Herald publish our apology, would we get it for free, or have to pay for it? We would have to fork up big bucks which leads me to wonder how much T paid.

08-31-2007, 12:53 PM
I just want to thank you Chief, I was taking a dump at the station yesterday reading the herald. When I was finished I noticed the stall I was in had no toilet paper in it. I just want to thank you agian for your letter of apology, it made an excellent replacent for the missing toilet paper. My a$$ has never felt better.
P.S. can you let the cleaning crew know that the mens room on the 3rd floor by the rear elevator is out of toilet paper. If they have run out I suggest that more copies of your letter be provided to all the rest rooms at the station.
:devil: :devil: :devil: :devil: :devil: :devil: :devil: :devil: :devil: :devil: :devil: :devil:

08-31-2007, 01:03 PM
WOW! WHAT A SINCERE APOLOGY. WHO WROTE IT FORYOU? WHO PAID FOR THE SPACE IN THE HERALD? YOU ARE SO DISINGENOUS IT MAKES ME SICK! RESIGN AND TAKE WHATS LEFT OF YOUR DIGNITY WITH YOU. LEAVE THE AMERICAN FLAG BEHIND ON YOUR WAY OUT OF MIAMI, IT BELONGS TO US.

08-31-2007, 01:19 PM
I just want to thank you Chief, I was taking a dump at the station yesterday reading the herald. When I was finished I noticed the stall I was in had no toilet paper in it. I just want to thank you agian for your letter of apology, it made an excellent replacent for the missing toilet paper. My a$$ has never felt better.
P.S. can you let the cleaning crew know that the mens room on the 3rd floor by the rear elevator is out of toilet paper. If they have run out I suggest that more copies of your letter be provided to all the rest rooms at the station.
:devil: :devil: :devil: :devil: :devil: :devil: :devil: :devil: :devil: :devil: :devil: :devil:

:lol: In your comments above you mentioned that "your a$$ has never felt better" did the Chief bang you in the a$$ with his big Irish ****?.

08-31-2007, 01:32 PM

:lol: In your comments above you mentioned that "your a$$ has never felt better" did the Chief bang you in the a$$ with his big Irish ****?.

OK Franky no need to get jealous we all know that c@ck belongs to you and only you get fuked by T$ so relax, you 2 will be out.