PDA

View Full Version : FBI Director Comments On Miami Police Scandal

08-30-2007, 05:09 AM
FBI Director Comments On Miami Police Scandal
More Trouble For Timoney Over Fee-Free Car Deal

Gary Nelson
Reporting

(CBS4) MIAMI FBI Director Robert Mueller was visiting Miami Wednesday, giving CBS4 the opportunity to ask him about allegations involving the Miami Police Chief and crime statistics that were allegedly fixed to make sure crime in the city appeared to be down.

CBS4's Gary Nelson asked Mueller what he thought of the scandal, but it appears the accusations and allegations haven't reached the ears of the FBI yet. Mueller was in town to talk about how local law enforcement agencies should communicate with the FBI in the fight against terror.

I have not heard about that, said Mueller. I have not heard about it.

The Fraternal Order of Police--already upset at the free use of a luxury SUV by Timoney from a local dealer?is also accusing him and his agency of improperly reporting crime statistics in the city through the National Uniform Crime Reporting System. The FOP says crimes that were of a more serious nature were reported as lesser crimes or misdemeanors to make the police department look good.

I'd have to know more of the facts in order to be able to answer your questions, Mueller said.

Timoney agrees that an outside agency should investigate whether his department has been fixing crime statistics and said he feels confident he has done nothing wrong.

An FBI spokesperson did say that, if requested, the FBI would provide federal auditors to state police if necessary in their investigation into the matter.

08-30-2007, 05:35 AM
now those guys will get the truth.

08-30-2007, 03:22 PM
the FBI looked into his stats in philly and not much was done T'money must have political ties. (gulianni)

08-30-2007, 04:07 PM
the FBI looked into his stats in philly and not much was done T'money must have political ties. (gulianni)

Rudy his protector? You have to be off your meds. He said Rudy was in the mob when pasted over for commissioner and rudy went baker act, busted him to Capt, but when talked to, he let him retire at his rank. If he had not, T would have lost 30K in pension a year.

08-30-2007, 11:58 PM
T$ does not like Rudy, and vice versa