PDA

View Full Version : N.E. Major

08-29-2007, 02:02 PM
First the positives about this man:

<<Crickets Chirping>>

Ok, now the negatives:
Apparently he thinks that LA needs one to one supervision. Also, he has reduced her authority to that of a secretary and treats her as such. I don't know why she let's him speak to her like that. Why do we need a major in the office over one captain. All it does is make the captain second guess her decisions and check with the major on how to run the office.

That's just my opinion, I might be wrong...

08-29-2007, 07:09 PM
:roll: ok all you cry babies! it is time for you all to make a career change. Or do some serious growing up. You are all starting to sound like a bunch of spoiled little brats. GROW UP OR MOVE ON.

08-29-2007, 09:07 PM
You are wrong, I have never herd him speak to her in anything but a pleasant tone. just like everyone else in the office. Everyone sys that the Majors only supervise one Captain. Does a Police Chief only supervise one Assistant Chief or Major?? No he supervises the entire department just like the Majors supervise their entire regions. Maybe this will help you with your assumptions. Thae last post is right grow up or move on!!!

08-29-2007, 09:15 PM
I for one like it here. I have been able to attend local training that was never offered before the Major arrived. Before that, if accepted we had to travel to Tall and spend more time away from home and family. I think good things are comming and can't wait. And oh yeah grow up or move on.

nunurbiz
08-30-2007, 12:15 AM
For those of you who dont know the NE major, if you talk to anyone from BSO or South Fla. LE, they will tell you he's a cops cop. All he is trying to do is make some people, not all, earn their paycheck. All he wants is everyone to be on the same page, just work, do your job and you will have nothing to write about. The alternative is you can always become an inspector and not worry about task forces, cases or anything else...

08-30-2007, 12:32 AM
The bridge you burn today may be one you have to cross tomorrow - be careful this guy is connected up norht. If yuo do your job you will not have to worry about anything.

08-30-2007, 12:32 PM
Yea you really got it right, that jax Capt. is really a motivator we read daily about all of the great cases coming out of Jax. This is the same Capt. that tried to make the rest of the state look bad by padding her stats on underage arrests. The agents soon forgot about all of the scheduling she put them through. The ride is over guys and gals, you need to earn your check like the rest of us, learn to do something else besides minors. At least the Jax Major realizes what he has and is trying to deal with it, to bad Major PR cant get the palm bch capt under control she had a meeting with us yesterday and spent most of it bashing the Major and the Ft. Laud. office, she probably does the same to us when she is in Ft. Laud. I may be new here (less than five years) but I have enough years on to see that she is one of the most unprofessional supervisors I have ever been exposed to. she constantly bashes the Major and lt' s to anyone that she forces to listen. She even told us how she challenged the major in an open meeting on task force assignments
we love it when she says what is said here stays here, yea we really believe that one. we all realize how difficult it is for her to run back and forth to two offices (what a great decision from tallahassee.) but does she have to bring us all in on her misery and be so nasty. who promoted her, she is by far the worst this agency has .

08-30-2007, 05:41 PM
Capt. in Palm Beach has been the way she is for her whole career,if can't find the truth will make it up, but what goes around def. comes back, just wait.

08-30-2007, 06:11 PM

<<Crickets Chirping>>

Ok, now the negatives:
I don't know why she let's him speak to her like that.

You have got to be kidding!!! I think you have it backwards. She is the one that speaks down to everyone and keeps harping on the same thing over and over and over and over!!! Lets not forget who was fired for having a bucket mouth and had to fight to get their job back. And has that stopped her?? NOT

08-31-2007, 12:34 AM
Why do some Captains feel the need to order agents around in a demeaning manner? Very few of them are able to use informal power and have any people skills. Capt. O orders people around and expects them to come running.

Major R knows how to talk to people and leads by example.

08-31-2007, 01:09 AM
You all need to grow up - if it isnt complaining about who got what task force or who set who up or who works for a crummier major - they are in charge - like it or not - god knows I do not agree with what most of them do on a daily basis but until they are gone, deal with it or leave. A lot of people on here claim to know about other agents and who is better than who - who got what task force for what reason and who didnt for other reasons - if you all focused half as hard on your work, our cases would speak for themselves. You don't like your captain, speak up, transfer or quit and go somewhere else. If in all these meetings you didnt say anything, shame on you. If Major R is so good, he will back you according to the people on here - after the last couple of weeks at ABT, there are plenty of people heading to new agencies soon - there will be other openings but remember, not every office is better. All the captains have their quirks, deal with her and move on - it could be worse.

I think we need to come together and focus on how to get the PBA more involved to help us get better pay - overtime - you know they are reading these posts, some Captains have even made comments about this site. Lets get this stuff on the board and get some changes happening like getting long guns, tasers, better fleet, more training, more long term investigations, more task forces - more stuff that would benefit us. I hope Drago is reading this site and would comment - he is supposed to be fixing things - lets give him some ideas to do just that.

Remember, things always ahve a way of coming back to bite you in the butt later on - let these dummies say what they say - they will get theirs from the admin eventually. Stay the course everyone...

08-31-2007, 01:17 AM
Who cares, you are right. Let the upper admin complain - lets rise up against these people and give ourselves the fire to back up our complaints. I see very few people in my office standing up to anyone - you all talk a good game on here where it is anonymous - speak up in the office - you will sleep better at night. Whats the worst that happens, they take away your FLSA time? You have to work nights and weekends and drive a crappy car? We all do that now.

Lets come together and solve thse problems, not ***** about them. I know the responses will be stupid on here because people cant be serious, but give recommendations and solutions to probelms - email BA and tell her what you want to see happen. Get involved in the union and show some support - that will put pressure on the admin and things will change. Dont use them ony when needed, use them to help out. You want a real PD, lets get one. Let the Majors and Captains spin their wheels, you do your job they can't get you - stick together - as whocares said, stay the course!

08-31-2007, 01:53 AM
We need to think outside the box.We have full police powers, lets use them. If you are doing your job lawfully there is nothing they (admin) can do to you.
Pick something you like to do and excel at it, running kids, cigarettes, terrorism in mom and pop stores. Pick something you like and research it, do your homework, get help from other agents or other agencies. Then you become the expert and you will have the knowledge when the time comes and a task force is created around what you are doing.
We need to come together and stop the complaining, we want to be treated like a "real" agency then we need to act like it. I heard my captain talking about this site and the things that are said. If you want to complain then have a solution to your complaint, but please do not make it seem like it is coming from another office or district, that will only cause problems for your fellow agents.
Lets stop belittling each other, we all bring different experiences to this agency, lets use that to make us better. Like Major R said, we have more jurisdiction then any other agency in the state, we can do more and get more accomplished with the powers we have been given. Why do you think all of the Feds want AB&T on their task force? Because we can do things they can't. There are a fortunate few who get to be on task force, good or bad they are there, lets give them the support they need.
It could be worse, we could be working for D.O.C., now that would suck. (Been there done that)

nunurbiz
08-31-2007, 03:58 AM
At least we are getting more civilized, and we need to focus on our jobs instead of each other. I understand some of the frustrations, its true some of the Captains and Lt., are horrible, some want nothing to do with criminal investigations, and some just think of different ways to cause problems between agents. A lot of what was said above is true, but put it aside. No one realizes what we have infront of us. We have a Deputy Secretary who is Law Enforcement, and a real cop who worked his way through the ranks. We have a Major in the NE, and a Major in the South who are extremely law enforcement oriented and will stand behind their guys. The DS just hired another Major for the North, also from Broward who used to command the Organized Crime Task Force in Broward, a good cop who has the same work ethic as the mentioned Majors and the DS. With people like this being put in place, understand what is in the future for ABT, good things on the horizon for those who want to be quality detectives. And those of you who have been requesting to assist on Task Forces over and over again and being turned down by your Captains and/or lT.s, you need to let the majors know about it, even if the chain is broken, we all know there are ways around the chain...

09-01-2007, 07:45 PM

<<Crickets Chirping>>

Ok, now the negatives:
Apparently he thinks that LA needs one to one supervision. Also, he has reduced her authority to that of a secretary and treats her as such. I don't know why she let's him speak to her like that. Why do we need a major in the office over one captain. All it does is make the captain second guess her decisions and check with the major on how to run the office.

Some of us that have been around for years, know why there is a major in charge...truth be told, we all now that LA was overwhelmed years ago, sucking up to Tania to cover up her inability to conduct any type of REAL L/E activity. LA placed the office in a state of full retirement over the past several years, getting rid of anyone who tried to make a difference (Lori)... The office in Jax has been a retirement home, and "Bedwetter" is walking around in adult size diapers...So, yes your opinion does suck...and the truth does hurt...ask any ole timer.

09-02-2007, 12:47 AM
What is up with LA. What a joke... I met her recently at a conference. Is she for real in that uniform and mrked car. Where on this earth did she get her police experience anyway. She appeared lost,confused, and stupid. I hear she milked an injury recently. What was it again, a papercut...... All those admin cases piling up? When was the last time she went hands on with anyone, except herself? Has she ever uttered the words,"You are under arrest". I highly think not. Lets give her joke of the year. She derservesit.

09-02-2007, 02:36 AM
What is up with LA. What a joke... I met her recently at a conference. Is she for real in that uniform and mrked car. Where on this earth did she get her police experience anyway. She appeared lost,confused, and stupid. I hear she milked an injury recently. What was it again, a papercut...... All those admin cases piling up? When was the last time she went hands on with anyone, except herself? Has she ever uttered the words,"You are under arrest". I highly think not. Lets give her joke of the year. She derservesit.

Oh my Gosh, eat shit and die ! Does it make you feel like a man to belittle a woman like that? What a tuff guy. You are the joke little boy. I think I hear your mommy calling you, it must be time for dinner. Stupid Ass, I swear some people just don't know when to shut up. What a putz. She isn't even my Captain, but I am tired of all the *****ing. Grow the hell up, find another job, do something, just leave AB&T, we will be better for it.

09-02-2007, 05:11 PM
yea there is a lot of *****in and it seems disruptive, but lets face it, to correct this agency we have to call it out, we have some real dimwits masquerading as captains in two of the biggest offices we have. can you in your wildest dreams ever imagine Owseany or Ledbetter being a capt. at any other agency. Get real. there are the ones holding us back, they are on front street there the ones going to the important meetings. what do you think people are saying if thats the best the agency has. What a joke with a capital J we have to put our best people forward, lets examine our promotion process. I would honestly suggest the majors should demote these two masters of conflict and non production back to Lt. and put someone in there that we can respect and we are proud to call capt. this willy nilly attitude about lets promote on gender is a crock. look around people this is a great dept. except management seems to take the easy way out on promotions. we can still fix it, support for the right reason, not on friendships, lets end the embarrasement lets get true leaders we can all do what the south area is doing, I really enjoyed hearing major pr talking to us in tally, if what he says he is really doing then he should be the next chief i would like to work for him, he has been around for ever and he still has the fire it takes to get the job done.
lets stay united, lets recognize the embarrasements as i have mentioned above and weed them out and turn the corner.

09-02-2007, 08:07 PM
PR should not be our next Chief, he should be our next Director!!
This guy has been around since Christ was a Corporal and knows the ins and outs of this organization.
My Vote is PR as Director!!!

09-02-2007, 10:31 PM
Hey waytogo...... do you kiss your wife or mother with that mouth. No, that's right, you kiss the Jax Captain's butt with your mouth... What else ya kissing?

09-03-2007, 02:05 AM
PR would be good as a director but I'm not sure he wants to be that far removed from the action of ABT Enforcement. I could see him taking the chief job. It would be a nice career move for him before he rides off into the sunset or moves on to a different agency (as hard as that is to believe).

Capt. O and LA are both absolute jokes. A previous post has stated that they would never be captains in a real police agency. That misses the mark. Does anyone who has every worked the road before really think that either of these two could every be road deputies. It wouldn't be long before their mouths were writting checks their bodies couldn't cash and they got in a fight that could have been avoided.

09-03-2007, 03:01 AM
Hey waytogo...... do you kiss your wife or mother with that mouth. No, that's right, you kiss the Jax Captain's butt with your mouth... What else ya kissing?

Come out from behind your mother's skirt and I will show you. I am typing this slowly because I know you can not read fast... SHE IS NOT MY CAPTAIN.. get a friend to help you with the big words. putz

09-03-2007, 03:15 PM
Remember that if mind serves me correctly the almighty major pr has never been a LEO only ABT. With all his gold jewelery he looks more like a perp than a cop. Let's make him and the super friends the Director and staffs and the agency will cease to do anything. He stops every effort to put us on anything that would gain the agency money, property or good pub from cases that mean something. He is out for himself and if he is ever given director or chief agents will leave in larger numbers than now.

09-03-2007, 06:03 PM
Hey GuestSurfer,

You are right about one thing about Major PR. He does wear a lot of jewelry.

Other than that you couldn't be more wrong. I can't even understand how you could say he doesn't support agents expanding their role. Ever since I came to this agency he has been telling me to find something I want to do within ABT. I have and I'm happy. (sorry I know some people are going to bash me for coming out and saying "I'm happy" at ABT).

PR is only human and can't change S. Florida by himself. He does whatever he can to encourage agents to push the envelopes of our authority.

Almost any question you can ask him is answered with "Sure good buddy".

I wouldn't consider myself one of the "Superfriends" here but he still goes out of his way to assist me.

Unfortunately he is the major and sometimes unable to intervene in the lack of supervision below him. That's the nature of being a major. He can't take over every position. He is forced to delegate and some, ok most, of his supervisors are afraid to take on new cases that push the boundaries.

Also you mention that he was never a cop. Ask anyone that has worked with him on a task force if he is a real cop. He's never patrolled a zone at midnight but he has earned his oak leaf investigating real cases at ABT. He wasn't an administrative agent, LT or Capt. Also he isn't afraid to get it on. Obviously you have never worked with him at any event. He is the first one to get in the fray. I would hope I am as hard charging at his age but I doubt I will be. I'm not as hard charging as he is right now...

Maybe you have seen a side of PR that I haven't. I'm willing to listen to your side...

09-03-2007, 08:19 PM
"Come out from behind your mother's skirt and I will show you" What, are you, twelve years old????? Maybe I can pass the good captain a note for you after recess. I'll tell her you like her.......... oooogh. Maybe you even want to kiss her under the monkey bars..... Make sure you don't get the cooties....... GET OUT OF THE SANDBOX, DUDE, AND GET REAL. Your pimples on your but are not big enough to invite me from behind my moms skirt. Hell, my mom could kick your ass. What piss poor joke of a cop you must really be.

09-03-2007, 08:53 PM
"Come out from behind your mother's skirt and I will show you" What, are you, twelve years old????? Maybe I can pass the good captain a note for you after recess. I'll tell her you like her.......... oooogh. Maybe you even want to kiss her under the monkey bars..... Make sure you don't get the cooties....... GET OUT OF THE SANDBOX, DUDE, AND GET REAL. Your pimples on your but are not big enough to invite me from behind my moms skirt. Hell, my mom could kick your ass. What piss poor joke of a cop you must really be.
HEY KISS THIS, MARK THE SPOT!!!
FROM WHAT I SEE YOU ARE ALL *SS AND YES IT"S VERY LARGE!!!

09-03-2007, 08:57 PM
I have been readin this site for a couple of weeks now, and I find it funny how little some of you know about your bosses. I supervised Major Pr and although we were not close friends i was always awe struck at the cases he would come up with. he kept me busy all by himself, sometimes I was afraid to ask about his cases for the sake of not wanting to know that he always pushed the limit of our jurisdiction. But he always made me look good, never wanting the credit for himself, he was always lookin for that big case and although I thought he had many he always looked for something more unique or different or somrthing he hadnt done yet.
He was a cop a damn good investigator and although somewhat hard to supervise I finally learned to just leave him alone. I learned to trust his judgement. I was on the ABT pistol team with him, he was a hell of a shot. as far as him not being an LEO, thats a bunch of garbage, i was a former sheriffs deputy and all I brought to this agency was knowledge of ten codes and poor report writing. You young bucks sound familiar, we heard the same crap years ago from the slackers and most of them couldnt investigate or write past their ticket book. we quit hiring uniform cops because of their short sightedness and their inability to throughly investigate a complaint. same ole *****in. sounds like immaturity to me.
I am glad that PR made Major, I wouldnt of bet on it, he was too far ahead of his game, he scared a lot of people. I always thought he would get bored and move on but instead he created a new era in this agency, he really did it all. he had more contacts than anyone i ever knew. everybody was callin him. If this agency ever had a super cop I have to say he was it. Some of his Miami Vice methods were questionable buthe always got what he wanted and he got the job done. We never ever talked about or *****ed about weekends or nights, damn that was the job. You new panzies quit your *****in, this is the best damn job out there. I heard you quit wearin dress clothes to work, something about lookin professional you all missed . Quit the personnal attacks, I know Pr's family and he wears the gold bracelets that he received from his deceased father. I also knew Decoursy the new major in Jacks, what a great cop, he was one of the sheriffs go to guys in the VIN unit , Pr also worked with him, now that there both in ABT theres nothin but good things will happen, imagine two great real cops in a quasi regulatory agency. Go get-em, wish I was back there quit *****in new ones problems will always exist, if you accomplish half of what PR has you will have a great career.

09-03-2007, 09:09 PM
I have been readin this site for a couple of weeks now, and I find it funny how little some of you know about your bosses. I supervised Major Pr and although we were not close friends i was always awe struck at the cases he would come up with. he kept me busy all by himself, sometimes I was afraid to ask about his cases for the sake of not wanting to know that he always pushed the limit of our jurisdiction. But he always made me look good, never wanting the credit for himself, he was always lookin for that big case and although I thought he had many he always looked for something more unique or different or somrthing he hadnt done yet.
He was a cop a darn good investigator and although somewhat hard to supervise I finally learned to just leave him alone. I learned to trust his judgement. I was on the ABT pistol team with him, he was a hell of a shot. as far as him not being an LEO, thats a bunch of garbage, i was a former sheriffs deputy and all I brought to this agency was knowledge of ten codes and poor report writing. You young bucks sound familiar, we heard the same crap years ago from the slackers and most of them couldnt investigate or write past their ticket book. we quit hiring uniform cops because of their short sightedness and their inability to throughly investigate a complaint. same ole *****in. sounds like immaturity to me.
I am glad that PR made Major, I wouldnt of bet on it, he was too far ahead of his game, he scared a lot of people. I always thought he would get bored and move on but instead he created a new era in this agency, he really did it all. he had more contacts than anyone i ever knew. everybody was callin him. If this agency ever had a super cop I have to say he was it. Some of his Miami Vice methods were questionable buthe always got what he wanted and he got the job done. We never ever talked about or *****ed about weekends or nights, darn that was the job. You new panzies quit your *****in, this is the best darn job out there. I heard you quit wearin dress clothes to work, something about lookin professional you all missed . Quit the personnal attacks, I know Pr's family and he wears the gold bracelets that he received from his deceased father. I also knew Decoursy the new major in Jacks, what a great cop, he was one of the sheriffs go to guys in the VIN unit , Pr also worked with him, now that there both in ABT theres nothin but good things will happen, imagine two great real cops in a quasi regulatory agency. Go get-em, wish I was back there quit *****in new ones problems will always exist, if you accomplish half of what PR has you will have a great career.
I agree PR is a true leader and someone who thinks outside the box.
I'm stuck in Ft.Myers but wish I could work for that guy. I met him in Tally at BA and could not believe that a Major would take the time to explain case management to a new agent like myself. Not only did we have a great conversation , but we also discussed how to proceed with an EO. Further more he e-mailed what is necessary to sucessfully do an EO, Which most of you probably haven't done.
My hat is off to Major PR and would work for that guy any day of the week!!

09-03-2007, 09:19 PM
He was a cop a darn good investigator and although somewhat hard to supervise I finally learned to just leave him alone. I learned to trust his judgement. I was on the ABT pistol team with him, he was a hell of a shot. as far as him not being an LEO, thats a bunch of garbage, i was a former sheriffs deputy and all I brought to this agency was knowledge of ten codes and poor report writing. You young bucks sound familiar, we heard the same crap years ago from the slackers and most of them couldnt investigate or write past their ticket book. we quit hiring uniform cops because of their short sightedness and their inability to throughly investigate a complaint. same ole *****in. sounds like immaturity to me.
I am glad that PR made Major, I wouldnt of bet on it, he was too far ahead of his game, he scared a lot of people. I always thought he would get bored and move on but instead he created a new era in this agency, he really did it all. he had more contacts than anyone i ever knew. everybody was callin him. If this agency ever had a super cop I have to say he was it. Some of his Miami Vice methods were questionable buthe always got what he wanted and he got the job done. We never ever talked about or *****ed about weekends or nights, darn that was the job. You new panzies quit your *****in, this is the best darn job out there. I heard you quit wearin dress clothes to work, something about lookin professional you all missed . Quit the personnal attacks, I know Pr's family and he wears the gold bracelets that he received from his deceased father. I also knew Decoursy the new major in Jacks, what a great cop, he was one of the sheriffs go to guys in the VIN unit , Pr also worked with him, now that there both in ABT theres nothin but good things will happen, imagine two great real cops in a quasi regulatory agency. Go get-em, wish I was back there quit *****in new ones problems will always exist, if you accomplish half of what PR has you will have a great career.
I agree PR is a true leader and someone who thinks outside the box.
I'm stuck in Ft.Myers but wish I could work for that guy. I met him in Tally at BA and could not believe that a Major would take the time to explain case management to a new agent like myself. Not only did we have a great conversation , but we also discussed how to proceed with an EO. Further more he e-mailed what is necessary to sucessfully do an EO, Which most of you probably haven't done.
My hat is off to Major PR and would work for that guy any day of the week!!

I agree that guy's presentation was great and I look forward to the direction this agency is going!!

I think at the least this guy should be leading our agency!!!

09-03-2007, 09:25 PM
I have had the unfortunate opportunity to of had to work for both Ledbetter and Owsiany (temporary) and come on you two the gig is up you have been found out, if you were to put either of your brains in a bird it would fly backwards. Please take a good look in the mirror, your both social promotions, Ledbetter retire make us happy again, let us do our jobs, quit *****in about the Major behind his back you ungrateful wanna be a real capt.

09-03-2007, 09:28 PM
Remember that if mind serves me correctly the almighty major pr has never been a LEO only ABT. With all his gold jewelery he looks more like a perp than a cop. Let's make him and the super friends the Director and staffs and the agency will cease to do anything. He stops every effort to put us on anything that would gain the agency money, property or good pub from cases that mean something. He is out for himself and if he is ever given director or chief agents will leave in larger numbers than now.

Are you kidding me??
This guy is 10-8 and commands respect. You on the other hand are probably some over weight slug that looks like a TOILET in UNIFORM!!
You know, a sloppy dresser with no crease, clothes are all wrinkled in your daily dress.
You only wish you could hold a candle to this guy, but will always be a sloppy slug. Have another big mac and enjoy.
And Oh by the way WE ARE SO PROUD OF YOU FAT * SS.

09-04-2007, 06:34 AM
I have met the new major. It is now discovered that he will not put any thing in writing and indicated why to another employee. His statement, you put it in writing and it will come back to bite you, if you just tell them something, you can always say they misunderstood. Also lets not forget that if an agent ask for something in writing, the majors response was I give him something in writing, a reprimand. There should be some accountability for some of the commands that you are going to hand out. Of course this comes from a person that feels he is bullet proof. This was also a statement made by this person in front of numerous employees. This is sad that a person feels he can do no wrong and if he does, oh well. He is also not just trying to get the agents to work for their pay, they already do that. He is trying to make a name for himself on the backs of the agents. Need big cases so I show them off. Yes the capt. was over her head a long time ago. This is what happens when you try to micomanage the whole district. Let the lts do their job. They are not perfect but they are not dumb either.

09-04-2007, 09:17 AM
I have met the new major. It is now discovered that he will not put any thing in writing and indicated why to another employee. His statement, you put it in writing and it will come back to bite you, if you just tell them something, you can always say they misunderstood. Also lets not forget that if an agent ask for something in writing, the majors response was I give him something in writing, a reprimand. There should be some accountability for some of the commands that you are going to hand out. Of course this comes from a person that feels he is bullet proof. This was also a statement made by this person in front of numerous employees. This is sad that a person feels he can do no wrong and if he does, oh well. He is also not just trying to get the agents to work for their pay, they already do that. He is trying to make a name for himself on the backs of the agents. Need big cases so I show them off. Yes the capt. was over her head a long time ago. This is what happens when you try to micomanage the whole district. Let the lts do their job. They are not perfect but they are not dumb either.

Thats funny, I never heard him make that statement. He is the person who states "If it's not in witing in never happened" and ENCOURAGES documentation so that it can be used in future cases both amin and criminal.
As far as bulet proof, I wish I was in his shoes with a pension that can be cashed in at anytime, I too am jealous of that fact.
I seriouly doubt he is trying to make a name for himself off the backs of the agents, I know he has already made a name and is well respected throughout the LE community. I think he just wants some cases period.

While I have only been with this agency a short time (3 yrs), I think we are finally moving in the right direction and from what I see a few of the lt's need some serious supervision.

09-04-2007, 01:14 PM
Are we talking about the same guy??
This guy has always been there to help and assist agents on how make our cases stick. Not only that, but he is the one that was out front and spoke to Tally about LEI1 agents and how they should not have to move to be promoted to LEI2. with his assistance LEI 1’s can compete for open vacancies in their own office. I like having someone we can go too and get the job done.

09-08-2007, 09:04 PM
Other than the few who posted a negative comment working in the NE office is great. Everyone gets along for the most part and we do have great management here. Keep up the great work captain and major for we the good enjoy our job and the office.

09-08-2007, 10:57 PM
Other than the few who posted a negative comment working in the NE office is great. Everyone gets along for the most part and we do have great management here. Keep up the great work captain and major for we the good enjoy our job and the office.

That is what I have always heard until I read the few negative post. Eaxh office has a share of them. Glad to hear the office is smoothe.

09-09-2007, 02:36 AM
Capt. LA isn't stupid, just over whelmed. Does anyone know why the major in Jax left BSO? It was because when the new sheriff was elected, Decorsey was told not to show up at the first briefing because his sevices were no longer needed. The problem with the two of them is both have such super egos, they're always trying to out do each other. It's a funny thing to watch. Having said that, working in Jax wasn't all bad. Good people work there and try to do their job in spite of the being micro managed. The best thing about Jax is the Lt.'s.

09-09-2007, 03:12 AM
Capt. LA isn't stupid, just over whelmed. Does anyone know why the major in Jax left BSO? It was because when the new sheriff was elected, Decorsey was told not to show up at the first briefing because his sevices were no longer needed. The problem with the two of them is both have such super egos, they're always trying to out do each other. It's a funny thing to watch. Having said that, working in Jax wasn't all bad. Good people work there and try to do their job in spite of the being micro managed. The best thing about Jax is the Lt.'s.

Hey baby boy Bong! How is Orlando? People like you are never happy anywhere. How many districts have you been in now, and not happy with any of them? But you are with your daddy now, isn't that right?! Eventually you will have a problem with Orlando and want ot move on from there to and then you will be talking bad about them like you have everywhere else.
You know Capt & Major are not that bad, they just make you do your job.:wink:

09-09-2007, 11:48 AM

Hey Bryan AKA baby boy Bong! How is Orlando? People like you are never happy anywhere. How many districts have you been in now, and not happy with any of them? But you are with your daddy now, isn't that right?! Eventually you will have a problem with Orlando and want ot move on from there to and then you will be talking bad about them like you have everywhere else.

Transfered once again?????? This one stirs stuff in his sleep.

09-09-2007, 11:53 AM

What is all this talk about being micro managed. Arn't LTS, Capts and Majors suppose to plan, supervise and managed?

09-09-2007, 12:41 PM
Capt. Ledbetter isn't stupid, just over whelmed. Does anyone know why the major in Jax left BSO? It was because when the new sheriff was elected, Decorsey was told not to show up at the first briefing because his sevices were no longer needed. The problem with the two of them is both have such super egos, they're always trying to out do each other. It's a funny thing to watch. Having said that, working in Jax wasn't all bad. Good people work there and try to do their job in spite of the being micro managed. The best thing about Jax is the Lt.'s.

What is all this talk about being micro managed. Arn't LTS, Capts and Majors suppose to plan, supervise and managed?

Correct, but a good supervisor doesn't need to micro-manage to plan, supervise, and manage. Likewise, macro-managing is just as bad as micro-managing. I don't agree with the "I don't want to see you unless you need me" approach. Somewhere in between would be good.

However, as we all know there are agents that if you ask them to comlpete a task, they get offended and you instantly become a micro-manager. Which is a shame.

09-09-2007, 12:56 PM

Correct, but a good supervisor doesn't need to micro-manage to plan, supervise, and manage. Likewise, macro-managing is just as bad as micro-managing. I don't agree with the "I don't want to see you unless you need me" approach. Somewhere in between would be good.

However, as we all know there are agents that if you ask them to comlpete a task, they get offended and you instantly become a micro-manager. Which is a shame.

Great points. And some considered themselves being micromanaged when a major, captain or a Lt plans an activity, schedules us to work a event, assigns a tasks or sends us a report back for corrections.

09-09-2007, 05:33 PM
Keep up the good work major D and capt L. Some of us dont mind being supervised and it is making the other ones work better not totally.

09-09-2007, 05:43 PM

Who cares :D . Who cares about super egos you have one as well as most LEO. Actually we all seem a little head strong. And I guess you were at the BSO briefing,,,,, then we must have hired you too.

09-09-2007, 10:43 PM
I hear good things are happing in JAX. Keep up the good job Capt. LA, you rock! 8)

09-13-2007, 03:14 AM
Hey baby boy Bong! How is Orlando? People like you are never happy anywhere. How many districts have you been in now, and not happy with any of them? But you are with your daddy now, isn't that right?! Eventually you will have a problem with Orlando and want ot move on from there to and then you will be talking bad about them like you have everywhere else.
You know Capt & Major are not that bad, they just make you do your job.:wink:[/quote]

Hello all,
I have been reading this site for just a few days now as I never knew it existed until last week. I have yet to add a post until now. Notice, I put my name on it because, unlike some cowards who wish to hide under their desks while typing, I can man up and say what I need to say when it needs saying and put my name behind it. To the author of this article, I challenge you to step up to me and say what's on your mind. By all means, put your name behind your comments if you wish to spar from your computer. Although it is highly unlikely, you will do either. I have more pride than that, but you leave me no other option but to respond here at present. You know who you are and can sit staring at this post and shake with anger and fear at the fact you are to much a coward to put your name behind your words. Do the right thing and come talk with me. To address the situation in Jacksonville; I found the majority of the people there to be great. I loved my squad, thought they were 10-8, and hold them all in high regards even still. There are good people on the other squad as well and I enjoyed working with all. Not everything is great there and if someone is unhappy, why not move on. I found the situation in the office to be counterproductive to a sound-working environment. That was my personal feeling and I was ready to get away from the non-sense as I saw it. I have been asked what it was like in Jacksonville and I tell the truth good or bad. However, you are being disingenuous with your comments about my bad mouthing the Miami office. I have never once said anything negative about the Miami office. I have always said I liked working there and if I didn’t have my wife to consider, I would have stayed there. My wife and I actually considered moving back there several months ago. The only reason I didn’t transfer back was Major Decoursey asking me to stay at the onset of his coming in. Miami was never where I wanted to live or work to begin with but it was a foot in the door position and I am glad I got to experience it. I did like working there but it is not the environment I want to raise a family in. The Jacksonville area its self is nasty and not where my wife or I wanted to live anymore. You work where you want and I will do the same. So far, Orlando shows to be a really great office. Agents and supervisors are good people who like to work and have fun. Everyone should have a little fun at work, right? I wasn’t having fun anymore in Jacksonville with the new changes. Every office has its problems, some more than others. Judging by the comments on this site, this agency is in a sad state of affairs. Just because you yourself may be stuck and unhappy is no reason to slander me however. I recently emailed everyone my new number here in Orlando. Feel free to call me and we can chat. I won’t hold my breath though considering your cowardly comments and no name to go with them. To address one more issue for clarification, check the Jax office stats for last year alone and see who was at the top and who was at the bottom before you talk about people needing to work. For you it may be hard, but try to be a real man. At least for the sake of the poor individuals you work with if they work with you at all. You sound as if you slipped on a banana peel or maybe an umpa lumpa got a hold of you. Either way it sounds as if you got the short end of the stick. My life is great!

09-14-2007, 10:48 PM
Don't blame the recent transferring agent for writing about the capt and major in Jax. Sorry to disappoint you, but it wasn't him. You think they are so great, transfer to Jax and see how long it takes to change your mind! You'll be trying to transfer yourself.

09-15-2007, 12:50 AM
I think that both the Capt and Major are moving in the right direction.
I'm sorry that CB left but he is not missed.

09-15-2007, 02:45 PM

Hello all,
I have been reading this site for just a few days now as I never knew it existed until last week. I have yet to add a post until now. Notice, I put my name on it because, unlike some cowards who wish to hide under their desks while typing, I can man up and say what I need to say when it needs saying and put my name behind it. To the author of this article, I challenge you to step up to me and say what's on your mind. By all means, put your name behind your comments if you wish to spar from your computer. Although it is highly unlikely, you will do either. I have more pride than that, but you leave me no other option but to respond here at present. You know who you are and can sit staring at this post and shake with anger and fear at the fact you are to much a coward to put your name behind your words. Do the right thing and come talk with me. To address the situation in Jacksonville; I found the majority of the people there to be great. I loved my squad, thought they were 10-8, and hold them all in high regards even still. There are good people on the other squad as well and I enjoyed working with all. Not everything is great there and if someone is unhappy, why not move on. I found the situation in the office to be counterproductive to a sound-working environment. That was my personal feeling and I was ready to get away from the non-sense as I saw it. I have been asked what it was like in Jacksonville and I tell the truth good or bad. However, you are being disingenuous with your comments about my bad mouthing the Miami office. I have never once said anything negative about the Miami office. I have always said I liked working there and if I didn’t have my wife to consider, I would have stayed there. My wife and I actually considered moving back there several months ago. The only reason I didn’t transfer back was Major Decoursey asking me to stay at the onset of his coming in. Miami was never where I wanted to live or work to begin with but it was a foot in the door position and I am glad I got to experience it. I did like working there but it is not the environment I want to raise a family in. The Jacksonville area its self is nasty and not where my wife or I wanted to live anymore. You work where you want and I will do the same. So far, Orlando shows to be a really great office. Agents and supervisors are good people who like to work and have fun. Everyone should have a little fun at work, right? I wasn’t having fun anymore in Jacksonville with the new changes. Every office has its problems, some more than others. Judging by the comments on this site, this agency is in a sad state of affairs. Just because you yourself may be stuck and unhappy is no reason to slander me however. I recently emailed everyone my new number here in Orlando. Feel free to call me and we can chat. I won’t hold my breath though considering your cowardly comments and no name to go with them. To address one more issue for clarification, check the Jax office stats for last year alone and see who was at the top and who was at the bottom before you talk about people needing to work. For you it may be hard, but try to be a real man. At least for the sake of the poor individuals you work with if they work with you at all. You sound as if you slipped on a banana peel or maybe an umpa lumpa got a hold of you. Either way it sounds as if you got the short end of the stick. My life is great![/quote]

You help create the "situation in the office to be counterproductive to a sound-working environment," and as for the "non-sense" as you saw it you created that too. You gossiped it, stirred it and then smelled it. But to that end, we are glad to see you have moved on with your gossiping and stiring the pot ways and we have began to repair the office and are actually settling down now. We wish you the best in your new productive and sound environment as we are. We have a great capt. and major and hopefully the few others will take your advice and weed themselves out too. So long. :D

09-15-2007, 07:12 PM
To address one more issue for clarification, check the Jax office stats for last year alone and see who was at the top and who was at the bottom before you talk about people needing to work.

C.B. now that brings up a real winner! Here is a guy who will spend all day in License Ease to check on what all of his coworkers were doing case wise, and if anyone stats were ahead of his, he will run out and do more inspections so that he can be #1. The guy has never made a real case in his life and couldn't but a Bayer Aspirin UC. This guy can’t find his *ss with both hands! I will say this, he loves that state car with all of those fancy lights in the side windows and with that Police Hat in dash, I’m impressed. When things don’t go his way, he pouts and says he’s offended because some one used the S- word. What a squirrel and he’s all yours Orlando.

09-15-2007, 07:24 PM
To address one more issue for clarification, check the Jax office stats for last year alone and see who was at the top and who was at the bottom before you talk about people needing to work.

C.B. now that brings up a real winner! Here is a guy who will spend all day in License Ease to check on what all of his coworkers were doing case wise, and if anyone stats were ahead of his, he will run out and do more inspections so that he can be #1. The guy has never made a real case in his life and couldn't but a Bayer Aspirin UC. This guy can’t find his *ss with both hands! I will say this, he loves that state car with all of those fancy lights in the side windows and with that Police Hat in dash, I’m impressed. When things don’t go his way, he pouts and says he’s offended because some one used the S- word. What a squirrel and he’s all yours Orlando.

I agree, This guy is the most self centered person I have ever met!!

09-15-2007, 07:29 PM
Don't blame the recent transferring agent for writing about the capt and major in Jax. Sorry to disappoint you, but it wasn't him. You think they are so great, transfer to Jax and see how long it takes to change your mind! You'll be trying to transfer yourself.

CB using screen names again!

09-15-2007, 07:49 PM
[quote="Lil ole agent":3esvp30u]To address one more issue for clarification, check the Jax office stats for last year alone and see who was at the top and who was at the bottom before you talk about people needing to work.

I agree, This guy is the most self centered person I have ever met!![/quote:3esvp30u]

I agree too. AIN'T HE SOMETHING ELSE. AND questions everything while whinning and pouting. STATS? Do an investigation CB, I mean with a report and exhibits then talk about STATS. I know you are a newbee to LEO but my gosh. Maybe when a little experience is gained he will turn it around. Less hope so. Hang in there Orlando or Tampa, Ft. Myers, Tallahassee, Pensacola for he may have already transferred again. :shock:

09-15-2007, 08:35 PM

I agree too. AIN'T HE SOMETHING ELSE. AND questions everything while whinning and pouting. STATS? Do an investigation CB, I mean with a report and exhibits then talk about STATS. I know you are a newbee to LEO but my gosh. Maybe when a little experience is gained he will turn it around. Less hope so. Hang in there Orlando or Tampa, Ft. Myers, Tallahassee, Pensacola for he may have already transferred again. :shock:[/quote]

Stop bashing CB! I mean c'mon guys, he worships RC and CT. What else do you need to know about the guy.

My advice to CB. Instead of a transfer to another office when the Orlando folks wash you out, why not just transfer to another agency. Maybe Corrections. I am sure your heros can get you in.

09-18-2007, 10:16 PM
I see no one used there real names, maybe he is the only man out of the bunch. As far as I can tell, the rest of you must not be too sure of yourselves not to say who you are.

09-21-2007, 07:20 PM

I agree too. AIN'T HE SOMETHING ELSE. AND questions everything while whinning and pouting. STATS? Do an investigation CB, I mean with a report and exhibits then talk about STATS. I know you are a newbee to LEO but my gosh. Maybe when a little experience is gained he will turn it around. Less hope so. Hang in there Orlando or Tampa, Ft. Myers, Tallahassee, Pensacola for he may have already transferred again. :shock:

Stop bashing CB! I mean c'mon guys, he worships RC and CT. What else do you need to know about the guy.

My advice to CB. Instead of a transfer to another office when the Orlando folks wash you out, why not just transfer to another agency. Maybe Corrections. I am sure your heros can get you in.[/quote]

I don't know where you get your info on he worships RC and CT.
Last I heard he don't like either one. Just uses RC for what he can get.

09-22-2007, 01:57 AM
Who really cares?! I mean really, WHO REALLY CARES who CB likes and dislikes...get a life?

09-25-2007, 02:46 AM
News Flash......CB is doing a great job in Orlando....sorry to disappoint?!?

09-25-2007, 02:50 AM
News Flash......CB is doing a great job in Orlando....sorry to disappoint?!?

Great! Keep him there. :D Everyone else...hurry lock your office doors and windows just in case!

09-25-2007, 02:54 AM
CB is doing a great job-like other agents that had bad reps, then they go to Otown and do well-Maybe it's because the LTs aren't amateurs.

09-26-2007, 02:46 AM
CB is doing a great job-like other agents that had bad reps, then they go to Otown and do well-Maybe it's because the LTs aren't amateurs.

RIGHT?! That is it?! :roll:

09-27-2007, 06:16 PM
Capt. in Palm Beach has been the way she is for her whole career,if can't find the truth will make it up, but what goes around def. comes back, just wait.

I have never seen anything worst than the Palm Beach Capt. Even worst than the one in Miami. Check it out! Even Major Roberts looks good around them!

09-27-2007, 06:20 PM
I see no one used there real names, maybe he is the only man out of the bunch. As far as I can tell, the rest of you must not be too sure of yourselves not to say who you are.

I don't see your full name either.

09-30-2007, 08:36 PM
[quote="agree with last":3tvgldiv]Capt. in Palm Beach has been the way she is for her whole career,if can't find the truth will make it up, but what goes around def. comes back, just wait.

I have never seen anything worst than the Palm Beach Capt. Even worst than the one in Miami. Check it out! Even Major Roberts looks good around them![/quote:3tvgldiv]

You are the first person I have ever heard say negative things about CO and CP-C. What is your issue?! Do they make you work?! These two ladies are the most kindest people around, always willing to help and assist. What happened I am interested.

10-07-2007, 12:35 AM
Sober up and learn to write and spell, this agency needs an as$ kicker to get rid of the whiners and dead weight.

10-07-2007, 02:33 AM
You might want to activate "Spell Check" yourself. "Grammer Coach???"
You are a funny guy. Try "Grammar."

10-07-2007, 04:18 PM
I really hope you aren't from the Miami District. If you are, come out and tell me who you are so I can kick your ass! :x Truth be told, Major PR has been nothing but professional to our office and I really hope he gets the position he deserves. If you have a good case, he will back you a 100%. As far as the Miami District, none us can complaint. We have a solid Capt., and if you are a lazy ass, well, she'll let you now. Her open door policy is awesome. If you have any questions in reference to a case, and your supv. is not available, she will quit what she's doing and give you a hand. Furthermore, when we have search warrants or working the "dreaded" minors at the Orange Bowl, she's out with us. And the more beautiful thing is that if you need to put a smack down on some dude who's resisting, she's right there, backing you up.

As far as the Lts. go, I have nothing but respect for them. We have two acting Lts and a full-fledge one. They're all doing a great job. My acting came from the Broward office and I really hope she gets the position full-time. She's a super hard worker, who will assist you with anything at any time. Futhermore, she's a great person. Not that we want to replace our beloved EP, 'cause we miss him like crazy, but I know one of the acting Lts. doesn't want the position on a full-time basis. So when he gets back, we'll have 3 solid supervisors.

As far as everything else goes, none of it can be controlled by the Lts., Capt., or even the Major. The pay sucks, we need equipment, vehicles, and more agents.

So, if you have some beef with the Major, call him. He is easy to reach, and I'm pretty sure he wouldn't mind meeting you and setting you straight. :D

10-07-2007, 04:59 PM
Wrong thread Major Roberts :shock: ....you need to post this one on your 2 threads.