PDA

View Full Version : Ken Harms

08-29-2007, 06:28 AM
Can anyone explain why ex-chief Harms filed the complaint against T$. I don't understand, what is he getting out of it? Don't get me wrong, i'm grateful that he came forward, but why....

08-29-2007, 06:30 AM
Seems like he's a good friend of Gary Nelson the reporter. And now he's my good friend and hero !!!!!!!!!!!!

08-29-2007, 06:32 AM
ok, thanks.

08-29-2007, 10:52 AM
Can anyone explain why ex-chief Harms filed the complaint against T$. I don't understand, what is he getting out of it? Don't get me wrong, i'm grateful that he came forward, but why....

HE IS A LEADER AND IT IS SHAMEFUL THAT A CHIEF OF POLICE WAS UNTRUTHFUL, IN NEGLECT OF DUTY AND IN VIOLATION OF ETHICS. THE CHIEF NEED TO BE HELD ACCOUNTABLE

08-29-2007, 11:28 AM
Why? because somebody has to start the ball rolling officially and he is not worried about losing his job!

08-29-2007, 11:51 AM
Chief Harms must still care about the reputation of the department. He still lives in the area and is qualified to make the complaint. Be thankful that he is willing to invest his time to this cause. My hat is off to him.

08-29-2007, 02:49 PM
I personally gave Chief Timoney permission to drive the Free Lexus, all year. It was a secret deal I had with him, and now, in retrospect, you guys need to Forgive & Forget. Thats an order.
Herbie "Da Hat' Breslow.... :roll:

08-29-2007, 03:05 PM
I personally gave Chief Timoney permission to drive the Free Lexus, all year. It was a secret deal I had with him, and now, in retrospect, you guys need to Forgive &amp Forget. Thats an order.
Herbie Da Hat' Breslow.... :roll:

Chief Breslow passed away over 20 years ago, respect the man. Would you like anyone to disrespect your deceased mother or father?. :roll:

08-29-2007, 05:26 PM
[quote="Chief Breslow":2m39ifbs]I personally gave Chief Timoney permission to drive the Free Lexus, all year. It was a secret deal I had with him, and now, in retrospect, you guys need to Forgive &amp Forget. Thats an order.
Herbie Da Hat' Breslow.... :roll:

Chief Breslow passed away over 20 years ago, respect the man. Would you like anyone to disrespect your deceased mother or father?. :roll:[/quote:2m39ifbs]

I agree. while not a fan of the 'Hat, let him rest in peace, he is not here to defend himself.

08-29-2007, 05:36 PM

whatever the reason, it helps change T$'s employment address.

08-29-2007, 07:28 PM

How does for the sake of DIGNITY sounds to you? Harms dedicated 26 years of his life to the Miami Police Department, he rose through the civil service ranks of sergeant, lieutenant and captain and eventually was appointed chief. As an elder statement of our PROFESSION, He has the moral obligation to say Timoney's actions are wrong and violate all the principles he is supposed to uphold!

REASON ENOGH?

08-29-2007, 07:43 PM

How does for the sake of DIGNITY sounds to you? Harms dedicated 26 years of his life to the Miami Police Department, he rose through the civil service ranks of sergeant, lieutenant and captain and eventually was appointed chief. As an elder statement of our PROFESSION, He has the moral obligation to say Timoney's actions are wrong and violate all the principles he is supposed to uphold!

REASON ENOGH?

HUMMMM, PLAYING GOLF ON DUTY?. :evil:

08-29-2007, 07:48 PM

REASON ENOGH?

I will re frame from answering you as now is not the time. But those aren't his main reasons. T$ is the priority, Harms isn't the one who got the freebie and lied. If and when times comes for a new chief selection, is the time to recollect KIH's tenure and acts since retirement. Ken, what acts? Carlos's widow and your testimony ?

08-29-2007, 07:52 PM
[quote=Anonymous]Can anyone explain why ex-chief Harms filed the complaint against T$. I don't understand, what is he getting out of it? Don't get me wrong, i'm grateful that he came forward, but why....

REASON [size=18]ENOUGH?

08-29-2007, 07:59 PM
[quote=Anonymous]Can anyone explain why ex-chief Harms filed the complaint against T$. I don't understand, what is he getting out of it? Don't get me wrong, i'm grateful that he came forward, but why....

REASON [size=18]ENOUGH?

don't push it old dog. the results won't be pretty. again remember testifying against a cop's widow? tip of the ice berg baby let it go.

08-29-2007, 08:33 PM

REASON ENOUGH?

[size=7]HUMMMM, PLAYING GOLF ON DUTY?.

08-29-2007, 08:35 PM

REASON ENOUGH?

[size=7]HUMMMM, PLAYING GOLF ON DUTY?. :evil:

08-30-2007, 02:08 AM
Ken Harms A.K.A Scar's That's the bad Lion in the Lion King for those of you that don't have small children, He stuck his teeth into TIMON and PUMBAA is next.

Jose A. Barrera

08-30-2007, 02:14 AM
Jose, some of us don't even have grand kids yet, plumbaa is?

08-30-2007, 02:42 AM
I didn't want to name the whole lion King cast but for those of us that been around long enough, Unless they promote someone in this administration Chief, almost everybody is going down, That's just the way it's always been. You know the new man is going to brings his trusted friends. Nothing personal because I like some of the guys there now but the top DOG is a GONER now that Chief Harms, is in the POTAJE, He probably could have survived a couple of CUBAN boys talking loud but not HARMS.

08-30-2007, 02:53 AM
I didn't want to name the whole lion King cast but for those of us that been around long enough, Unless they promote someone in this administration Chief, almost everybody is going down, That's just the way it's always been. You know the new man is going to brings his trusted friends. Nothing personal because I like some of the guys there now but the top DOG is a GONER now that Chief Harms, is in the POTAJE, He probably could have survived a couple of CUBAN boys talking loud but not HARMS.

Its time for a change!!! we have robbery offenders running around with ak47's and shooting at police this adminastration only cares about how many drunks we have rounded up. This is a neglect of duty to be tied up with a signal 35 when we have violent crimes sky rocketing. Deputy stop comming in the swat locker looking for support we are not on the same page!!!! Sept 4

08-30-2007, 03:02 AM
ANYONE FEELING THAT THE CHIEFS ARE TRYING TO FORCE YOUR VOTE THEIR WAY BY THESE CONTACTS IN UNITS AND ROLL CALLS, CALL THE FOP. DON'T WAIT TO DO IT. 305-854-5019. KEY WORD FORCE.

08-30-2007, 03:14 AM

REASON ENOUGH?

[size=7]HUMMMM, PLAYING GOLF ON DUTY?.

Rowing and riding bike on duty :!: :!:

08-30-2007, 03:58 AM
I could care less about the vote but I will say this administration has lost track of what is most important, the cops. There has been huge fights between staff members(cannon and perez, ask anyone in homicide or IA) over how cops have been treated after police shootings-Oliva and Sotomayor. Look how long it has taken to catch the guys who shot at the cops, why hasnt this been made a top prioity, why are these cops treated like sh-t even though they were victims. Yes things must change but I doubt this is the proper way to go about it.

08-30-2007, 04:53 AM
I could care less about the vote but I will say this administration has lost track of what is most important, the cops. There has been huge fights between staff members(cannon and perez, ask anyone in homicide or IA) over how cops have been treated after police shootings-Oliva and Sotomayor. Look how long it has taken to catch the guys who shot at the cops, why hasnt this been made a top prioity, why are these cops treated like sh-t even though they were victims. Yes things must change but I doubt this is the proper way to go about it.

Ok, what do you suggest? armed insurrection and storming of the 4th floor? What else, just sit and watch the dept. keep being torn down.

On your calls tell the customers about the situations. cops doing this after the mass exit in 1980, had the phones ringing non stop on pan am dr.. Herbie the hat would have fits in patrol capt's office. Commission passed increase dept size that hired some of you still around. Talk up the issue to the citizens folks. say yes it is true what is being said. how you would be fired for a 15th month freebie. You want change, tell the citizens about the conditions. worked before, it will work again. don't let up before the goal line.

09-01-2007, 04:29 AM
Here we go, the same five morons again. Oh wait maybe it?s a different five morons. Congratulations, because of rectal orifices like Mike Exposito, Mike Colombo, John Burhmaster, Richie Bloom, and David Rivero, Chief Raul Martinez lost his job. He was not the best Chief in the world, but he was a decent man and you could actually talk to the guy. The same bull patties are now in the hallways. Look what we got after stutter master got canned, the toothless Irish scam master and young Hitler. What do you care who the Chief is? Whoever sits in that office is a puppet of the Mayor anyway. No one who gets past the rank of Lt. gives a damn about you. The fact of the matter is that they have rules in place to keep their job safe by whacking you, and they fatten their resume on your hard work.

Those other morons at the Union. They are in a lose-lose situation. If the no confidence vote wins, nothing is going to happen to Chief Glenlevit and the Union shows the world they have no power. If the no confidence vote loses then the membership is not behind the union leadership and they again show the world they have no power.

Be careful what you wish for my dense colleagues you just might get it!!!!

09-01-2007, 01:26 PM
Here we go, the same five morons again. Oh wait maybe it?s a different five morons. Congratulations, because of rectal orifices like Mike Exposito, Mike Colombo, John Burhmaster, Richie Bloom, and David Rivero, Chief Raul Martinez lost his job. He was not the best Chief in the world, but he was a decent man and you could actually talk to the guy. The same bull patties are now in the hallways. Look what we got after stutter master got canned, the toothless Irish scam master and young Hitler. What do you care who the Chief is? Whoever sits in that office is a puppet of the Mayor anyway. No one who gets past the rank of Lt. gives a darn about you. The fact of the matter is that they have rules in place to keep their job safe by whacking you, and they fatten their resume on your hard work.

Those other morons at the Union. They are in a lose-lose situation. If the no confidence vote wins, nothing is going to happen to Chief Glenlevit and the Union shows the world they have no power. If the no confidence vote loses then the membership is not behind the union leadership and they again show the world they have no power.

Be careful what you wish for my dense colleagues you just might get it!!!!

So in your opinion, roaming the 4th, the only option is to allow Timoney, Fernandez and their minions to keep pounding our six until hell freezes over? Out of dignity and principle, each and every Miami Police Officer must vote NO CONFIDENCE! Is not a matter if one will get plucked by the legion of hell, is when!

09-01-2007, 06:37 PM
HARMS IS DOING IT FOR SELFISH REASONS..FIGURE IT OUT..HE DOESN'T LOVE THE CITY LEADERS NOR DOES HE LOVE THE TROOPS NOW OR THAN...OH IF you RIDE A MOTOR MAYBE

09-01-2007, 10:50 PM
Those of you who remember Carlos Santiago and his accident, should know K I H was going to testify against his widow, in a wrong death suit against those who put in the faulty lighting design, causing his fall. He was going to say officer didn't do locate and notify and Carlos had no business on the bridge. The case didn't go to trial as a settlement was reached. Enough of his coming back. Masticava pero no tragava los latinos.

09-01-2007, 11:11 PM
Those of you who remember Carlos Santiago and his accident, should know K I H was going to testify against his widow, in a wrong death suit against those who put in the faulty lighting design, causing his fall. He was going to say officer didn't do locate and notify and Carlos had no business on the bridge. The case didn't go to trial as a settlement was reached. Enough of his coming back. Masticava pero no tragava los latinos.

After a long and distinguished police career, Harms chose to serve as an expert witness for whoever hires him that is his prerogative. Do I agree with that practice, no! But you cannot deny the fact that he has the gravitas [weight] to be a formidable witness and in your case against Timoney, his words and actions carry a long way to Tallahassee! Appreciate what the man has done for the men and women of his former department, and thank him for it. He didn't have to do jack!

09-02-2007, 12:46 AM
you can thank k. harms all you want. HE is a very selfish person and doing all this for himself once again. THE EVIDENCE WILL SPEAK FOR ITSELF, NO THANK YOU HARMS.....

09-02-2007, 12:57 AM
Okay sport. After 23yrs,he left in 84, You are saying that the honorable Ken Harms has a selfish reason to EXPOSE T??
Come on G. Get real dog! Ken is just as disgusted as all of us so stop talking crap,Frank!!

09-02-2007, 02:38 AM
you can thank k. harms all you want. HE is a very selfish person and doing all this for himself once again. THE EVIDENCE WILL SPEAK FOR ITSELF, NO THANK YOU HARMS.....

Mr. Harms your days are history stop the attacks on Timoney, besides Exposito is jerking off to become a Chief. This idiot (Exposito) will do everything possible to keep you away from the King's chair. Exposito is evil. :twisted:

09-02-2007, 01:15 PM

After a long and distinguished police career, Harms chose to serve as an expert witness for whoever hires him that is his prerogative. Do I agree with that practice, no! But you cannot deny the fact that he has the gravitas [weight] to be a formidable witness and in your case against Timoney, his words and actions carry a long way to Tallahassee! Appreciate what the man has done for the men and women of his former department, and thank him for it. He didn't have to do jack!

Your words say it ALL. He wanted to testify in a homicide case and the judge wouldn't allow him to do so, as he had never worked in homicide. And saying Carlos had no reason to be on the bridge, would NOT be correct. And he did file the complaint dreaming of a come back. So old cop, take your gravitas and put it where the sun don't shine. And he retired as a CAPTAiIN, Gary made sure of that. And don't forget the oje remarks in his vocabulary. So thanks old cop, I mean Ken, for filing the paper work. But please, give us break. He chose to testify against the widow of one of our brothers. No way you can excuse that, unless your KIH himself.

06-04-2008, 03:36 PM

REASON [size=18]ENOUGH?

don't push it old dog. the results won't be pretty. again remember testifying against a cop's widow? tip of the ice berg baby let it go.

Let's be fair, KIH didn't get to hurt Carlos's widow with his "testimony", that officer's do NOT do a locate and notify, and Carlos didn't have to be on the bridge The case was settled before going to trial. Carlos's widow will be alright in spite of KIH. BUT, his intent was to hurt a cops widow for his "expert witness fee". Why did KIH do the complaint? He longs for the 4th floor office AGAIN. Forget it Kenny. It's not going to happen. Too many know your "expert witness" history. Dignity left town with your actions in Carlos Santiago's widow's case. And tell us about the judge ruling you couldn't testify in a homicide case as you never worked in homicide. Dignity? Give us an F-ing break.

06-04-2008, 06:13 PM
Call him what you want but Ken Harms was a straight up chief.
The guy had his faults but next to T$,he is a virgin,l.o.l.
Chief Harms has done d public a favor by exposing the non chief and I for one am grateful.
Lets move on and find a chief from within who has not been poisoned by comstat and this mad process/mindset.

06-04-2008, 07:06 PM
Call him what you want but Ken Harms was a straight up chief.
The guy had his faults but next to T$,he is a virgin,l.o.l.
Chief Harms has done d public a favor by exposing the non chief and I for one am grateful.
Lets move on and find a chief from within who has not been poisoned by comstat and this mad process/mindset.

Yeah, like Kevin Costner's "The Untouchables," right out of the police academy!

COMPSTAT is not the enemy, it is a process just like any other crime and disturbance assessment mechanism used in the past. It is the players that have prostituted Jack Maple's contribution to our vocation that need to go. The intent of COMPSTAT is to identify patterns and trends by location, day of the week and time of the day; then deploy personnel to the identified location accordingly. The purpose is to deter further criminal activities, and should arrests result, maximize their effect by extracting valuable information that will lead to case closures and property recovery.

Under COMPSTAT, arrests are but one instrument in the officers' tool boxes; not bench marks for gauging a commander's effectiveness. That is measured by the commander's ability to formulate a cogent operational plan; one that includes resource from within his/her command structure, as well as from the entire department. It is approaching the problem from a holistic perspective. Critical in this, is engaging the wealth of knowledge that resides in the officers that work the zones, the ones closest to the problem.

The fact that a commander reports at COMPSTAT that his command effected 100 DIP arrests mean chit, if Class I crimes continue to be perpetrated with impunity within his/her areas of responsibility. Worst, when those 100 DIP arrests are summarily dismissed by the SAO or the presiding judges. DIP arrests and other low level misdemeanor charges should be used sparingly. Generally, to delve into more substantive misdemeanor charges, like those under the HMO section.

http://www.flsenate.gov/Statutes/index. ... TM&Title=- (http://www.flsenate.gov/Statutes/index.cfm?App_mode=Display_Statute&Search_String=&URL=Ch0775/SEC0837.HTM&Title=-)>2007->Ch0775->Section%200837#0775.0837

Charges under this section are less likely to be dismissed by the SAO and may serve as a key to more egregious felonies. This of course is all academic, so long as the Sot and the Dot "lead" the Miami Police Department. When they are gone, and they will, who within has the zeal, the knowledge and the commitment to effectively lead?

06-04-2008, 07:39 PM
again with tis old fart as chief again?....come on get real someone get that man some geritol and tell the home to make room for one more or the hac