PDA

View Full Version : 911 Calls

08-28-2007, 05:02 PM
I just heard the 911 calls when Sgt. Reyka got shot. I may be a little too critical, but the 911 dispatchers should be fired. On one of the calls, she sounds more concern if the officer is white or black, than asking if the suspects were even seen or if a vehicle is even involved. None of the girls ask anything about the vehicle and or the suspects. The tape is really pathetic. I'm sorry. :x :x

Who is training these bimbos? When someone calls telling you officer down, the questions have to be taken one notch higher. Duh.

08-28-2007, 05:55 PM
Ok, just found it: http://www.sun-sentinel.com/news/local/ ... 20.wmafile (http://www.sun-sentinel.com/news/local/broward/sfl-816911reyka-audio,0,6043420.wmafile)

I believe you can either past/copy or just copy it to your http//:

I agree - the first calle was so calm and so clear, the dumb girl had to ask the questions 2x 3x, I can tell by the callers voice she was getting frustrated with the 911 operator who also has an attitude problem.
:oops:

They can't even repeat was the caller says correctly. "ok so this is 911 how can I help you? what police? - attitude - attitude

who cares what police.

08-28-2007, 06:49 PM
These are good points to bring up on this other thread.

http://forums.leoaffairs.com/viewtopic.php?t=27452

At least there is attitude evidence on these tapes instead of complaining about our big butts. Some Comm. butts need to be in warm/hot water.

08-28-2007, 08:29 PM
"I heard the gunshots but i didnt think nothing of it"

:roll:

08-28-2007, 09:23 PM
I just heard the 911 calls when Sgt. Reyka got shot. I may be a little too critical, but the 911 dispatchers should be fired. On one of the calls, she sounds more concern if the officer is white or black, than asking if the suspects were even seen or if a vehicle is even involved. None of the girls ask anything about the vehicle and or the suspects. The tape is really pathetic. I'm sorry. :x :x

Who is training these bimbos? When someone calls telling you officer down, the questions have to be taken one notch higher. Duh.
You have to remember that most of the dispatchers in District 11 are leftovers from the City of Pompano P.D.

08-29-2007, 04:31 AM
as a dispatcher my self... that is pretty bad... some days i dont understand why they hire the people they do... keep up the good work boys and be safe!!

08-29-2007, 12:58 PM
Ok, just found it: http://www.sun-sentinel.com/news/local/ ... 20.wmafile (http://www.sun-sentinel.com/news/local/broward/sfl-816911reyka-audio,0,6043420.wmafile)

I agree - the first calle was so calm and so clear, the dumb girl had to ask the questions 2x 3x, I can tell by the callers voice she was getting frustrated with the 911 operator who also has an attitude problem.

They can't even repeat was the caller says correctly. "ok so this is 911 how can I help you? what police? - attitude - attitude

who cares what police.Did anyone else notice how much the first caller REALLYknew about the suspect and his vehicle? She states that she put her car in reverse and then saw the lights on Chris' unit come on. She states tht she heard gunshots and STARTS to say how "he" got back in his car but quickly re-words it, and then states the vehicle drove away. To top it off she emphasizes how she is only 2 feet from Chris' car. This lady needs to speak up and let us know what she REALLY saw that night Chris was murdered.

08-29-2007, 10:08 PM

who cares what police.Did anyone else notice how much the first caller REALLYknew about the suspect and his vehicle? She states that she put her car in reverse and then saw the lights on Chris' unit come on. She states tht she heard gunshots and STARTS to say how "he" got back in his car but quickly re-words it, and then states the vehicle drove away. To top it off she emphasizes how she is only 2 feet from Chris' car. This lady needs to speak up and let us know what she REALLY saw that night Chris was murdered.

I agree. I heard the tapes also. The dispatcher must have been in la la land not to have asked her pertinent questions. This lady was cool, and calm and spoke very clearly. The dumb dispatchers should have taken advantage of her great demeanor and asked those questions.

08-31-2007, 04:43 AM
For everyone's 43 this dispatcher came from downtown. with 1.5 years experience. She sound like she had 1.5 days experience.

08-31-2007, 06:43 AM
For everyone's 43 this dispatcher came from downtown. with 1.5 years experience. She sound like she had 1.5 days experience.

It doesn't surprise me ! What the hell are they doing up there? They don't hear us, when we click the mics (notice I didn't say MIKEs) they're suppose to know who we are, they don't. They copy down wrong addresses, they don't ask the important questions. WHAT, WHERE, WHEN, WHO etc. etc.

08-31-2007, 06:58 PM
Its scary to think the kind of people they hire. And its scary to think that no one bothered to at least ask if they saw the subjects. The first caller even said they saw the car drive away and she made no attempt to assertain discription or direction of travel.
It has nothing to do with the call taker being originally from PSB. It has to do with lack of effort on her part to want to do her job correctly.

09-01-2007, 03:01 AM
Its scary to think the kind of people they hire. And its scary to think that no one bothered to at least ask if they saw the subjects. The first caller even said they saw the car drive away and she made no attempt to assertain discription or direction of travel.
It has nothing to do with the call taker being originally from PSB. It has to do with lack of effort on her part to want to do her job correctly.

I agree - what else has to happen before they realize they've got a whole bunch of MORONS up there ? I can personally vouch for a couple of them, the rest.... Kenny Jenne can take them with him when he's indicted.

09-01-2007, 03:37 PM
THEY NEED TO BE BETTER. SOME OF THEIR (NOT MANY) ATTITUDES STINK. YOU KNOW THEY SHOULD RIDE ALONG FOR A DAY OR TWO (NOT WITH ME) BEFORE ASSUMEING THEIR DUTIES. THEN THEY WOULD HAVE A BETTER UNDERSTANDING OF WHAT WE PUT UP WITH. I KNOW FOR A FACT THIS WORKED WITH ONE OF THEM.

P.S. SOME DEPUTIES TREAT THEM BADLY TOO. TWO WRONGS DON'T MAKE A.........

09-03-2007, 10:02 AM

Oh my, This is disgusting...remedial training

09-14-2007, 01:04 PM
:D I FEEL SO DISGUSTED BY READING THE COMMENTS THAT U HAVE LEFT REGARDING COMMUNICATIONS DISPATCHERS AT CDC-4. I TRULY BELIEVE THAT EVERYONE IS HERE TO DO A JOB AND SHOULD NOT BE CRITICIZED BY THEIR PEERS SUCH AS UNITS AND COMM OPRS. I DONT THINK ANY OF YOU COULD HAVE DONE ANY BETTER OF A JOB. PLACE YOURSELF IN THE SHOES OF THE WOMEN WHO ANSWERED THE CALL AND WHO DISPATCHED THE CALL. IT IS NOT AN EASY TASKS AND YOU MAKE IT SEEM LIKE IT IS. I AM SO SICK AND TIRED OF PEOPLE WHO DO NOT PERFORM A COMMUNICATIONS OPERATOR JOB SEEM TO KNOW HOW TO DO COMM OPRS JOB. YOU PEOPLE ARE PATHETIC YOUR ARE SUPPOSE TO BE LAW ENFORCEMENT EMPLOYEES WHO WALK AROUND WITH GREEN AND WHITE ON YOUR BACKS. YOU DISGRACE THE SHERIFF'S OFFICE. IF YOU WERE CONCERNED ABOUT THE POOR JOB THEY PERFORMED WHY DIDN'T YOU COMPLAIN TO ADMIN ABOUT IT. WRITE A MEMO, START A PETITION, "NO" YOU CAME ON THE INTERNET LIKE LITTLE PUNKS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! AND POST COMMENTS ABOUT THESE WOMEN. I HATE COWARDS AND THAT'S WHAT YOU ARE, JUST LIKE THE COWARDS THAT KILLED REYKA. INSTEAD OF COMING TOGETHER AS ONE WE'RE COMING AGAINST ONE ANOTHER. THAT IS A SHAME AND REYKA WOULD BE TURNING OVER IN HIS GRAVE. COME TO COMMUNICATIONS ONE DAY AND ANSWER A DAMN PHONE OR EVEN DISPATCH A CALL. WE'RE PEOPLE JUST LIKE YOU, WE HAVE LIVES OUTSIDE OF BSO AND HAVE TO DEAL WITH IGNORANT PEOPLE LIKE YOURSELVES. FOR THE PERSON WHO SEEMS TO KNOW ALL THE 1043 REGARDING THE CALL TAKER THAT TOOK THE CALL YOU SHOULD BE ASHAMED OF YOURSELF BECAUSE U ARE FROM COMMUNICATIONS. HOW WOULD ANYONE KNOW HER 1043 AND HOW LONG SHE HAS BEEN WORKING IN POMPANO, AND BESIDES THAT 1043 SHOULD NOT HAVE BEEN GIVEN OUT ANYWAY. YOU REALLY ARE PATHETIC, I REMEMBER THE NIGHT OF REYKA'S KILLING LIKE IT WAS YESTERDAY I WAS IN THE ROOM WHEN IT HAPPENED AND KNOW EVERY DETAIL ABOUT IT. BUT FOR SOME REASON THOSE INDIVIDUALS WHO WERE NOT THERE SEEM TO KNOW ENVERYTHING. DOES A DAMN TAPE REALLY TELL YOU WHAT THE HELL WENT ON IN THAT ROOM. HELL NO!!!! DOES A UNIT COMING ACROSS THE RADIO REYKA HAS BEEN SHOT TELL ANY OF US HOW YOU GUYS FELT ON THE ROAD HELL NO!!!! WE DID NOT SEE HIS BODY ALL WE HEARD WAS THE UNITS COMING OVER THE RADIO ASKING FOR HELP. WE DID NOT JUDGE YOU BASED ON THE 1043 THAT YOU GAVE US, WHEN UNITS WENT 1097 HOW DID THEY HANDLE THE SITUATION , LET ME GUESS NOT TO PERFECTION. JUST IMAGINE 8 PEOPLE MAKING CALL OUTS, REQUESTING TAPES, SETTING UNITS ON PERIMETERS, CALLING THE SHERIFF, CALLLING THE MAJOR...WE DID THAT SHIT, THOSE WOMEN WHO WERE IN THE ROOM THAT NIGHT AND NOT YOU COWARDS WHO WERE NOT EVEN IN THE ROOM. I CAN GUARANTEE THE UNITS WHO ARE COMPLAINING DID NOT EVEN WORK THE INCIDENT. DID YOU EVEN PASS OUT A DAMN FLYER, HELL NO!!! BUT GUESS WHAT WE DID...PEOPLE ARE SO QUICK TO JUDGE SOMEONE BASED ON 1ST IMPRESSIONS OR SOME DAMN 911 CALL. THAT 911 CALL DOES NOT DETERMINE WHAT TYPE OF DISPATCHER SOMEONE CAN BE OR EVEN THEIR POTENTIAL. I CAN WRITE A BOOK ABOUT THAT NIGHT BUT I WOULD NOT EVEN GIVE YOU THAT PLEASURE. WE ARE NOT THREATENED BY YOUR COMMENTS OR THE WAY YOU MAY FEEL TOWARDS US. WE DID A JOB AND WE PERFORMED OUR JOB THE BEST WAY WE COULD. OUR QUALITY ASSURANCE WERE AT BSO STANDARDS AND NOT YOU COWARDS. [/b]

09-14-2007, 01:04 PM
:D I FEEL SO DISGUSTED BY READING THE COMMENTS THAT U HAVE LEFT REGARDING COMMUNICATIONS DISPATCHERS AT CDC-4. I TRULY BELIEVE THAT EVERYONE IS HERE TO DO A JOB AND SHOULD NOT BE CRITICIZED BY THEIR PEERS SUCH AS UNITS AND COMM OPRS. I DONT THINK ANY OF YOU COULD HAVE DONE ANY BETTER OF A JOB. PLACE YOURSELF IN THE SHOES OF THE WOMEN WHO ANSWERED THE CALL AND WHO DISPATCHED THE CALL. IT IS NOT AN EASY TASKS AND YOU MAKE IT SEEM LIKE IT IS. I AM SO SICK AND TIRED OF PEOPLE WHO DO NOT PERFORM A COMMUNICATIONS OPERATOR JOB SEEM TO KNOW HOW TO DO COMM OPRS JOB. YOU PEOPLE ARE PATHETIC YOUR ARE SUPPOSE TO BE LAW ENFORCEMENT EMPLOYEES WHO WALK AROUND WITH GREEN AND WHITE ON YOUR BACKS. YOU DISGRACE THE SHERIFF'S OFFICE. IF YOU WERE CONCERNED ABOUT THE POOR JOB THEY PERFORMED WHY DIDN'T YOU COMPLAIN TO ADMIN ABOUT IT. WRITE A MEMO, START A PETITION, "NO" YOU CAME ON THE INTERNET LIKE LITTLE PUNKS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! AND POST COMMENTS ABOUT THESE WOMEN. I HATE COWARDS AND THAT'S WHAT YOU ARE, JUST LIKE THE COWARDS THAT KILLED REYKA. INSTEAD OF COMING TOGETHER AS ONE WE'RE COMING AGAINST ONE ANOTHER. THAT IS A SHAME AND REYKA WOULD BE TURNING OVER IN HIS GRAVE. COME TO COMMUNICATIONS ONE DAY AND ANSWER A DAMN PHONE OR EVEN DISPATCH A CALL. WE'RE PEOPLE JUST LIKE YOU, WE HAVE LIVES OUTSIDE OF BSO AND HAVE TO DEAL WITH IGNORANT PEOPLE LIKE YOURSELVES. FOR THE PERSON WHO SEEMS TO KNOW ALL THE 1043 REGARDING THE CALL TAKER THAT TOOK THE CALL YOU SHOULD BE ASHAMED OF YOURSELF BECAUSE U ARE FROM COMMUNICATIONS. HOW WOULD ANYONE KNOW HER 1043 AND HOW LONG SHE HAS BEEN WORKING IN POMPANO, AND BESIDES THAT 1043 SHOULD NOT HAVE BEEN GIVEN OUT ANYWAY. YOU REALLY ARE PATHETIC, I REMEMBER THE NIGHT OF REYKA'S KILLING LIKE IT WAS YESTERDAY I WAS IN THE ROOM WHEN IT HAPPENED AND KNOW EVERY DETAIL ABOUT IT. BUT FOR SOME REASON THOSE INDIVIDUALS WHO WERE NOT THERE SEEM TO KNOW ENVERYTHING. DOES A DAMN TAPE REALLY TELL YOU WHAT THE HELL WENT ON IN THAT ROOM. HELL NO!!!! DOES A UNIT COMING ACROSS THE RADIO REYKA HAS BEEN SHOT TELL ANY OF US HOW YOU GUYS FELT ON THE ROAD HELL NO!!!! WE DID NOT SEE HIS BODY ALL WE HEARD WAS THE UNITS COMING OVER THE RADIO ASKING FOR HELP. WE DID NOT JUDGE YOU BASED ON THE 1043 THAT YOU GAVE US, WHEN UNITS WENT 1097 HOW DID THEY HANDLE THE SITUATION , LET ME GUESS NOT TO PERFECTION. JUST IMAGINE 8 PEOPLE MAKING CALL OUTS, REQUESTING TAPES, SETTING UNITS ON PERIMETERS, CALLING THE SHERIFF, CALLLING THE MAJOR...WE DID THAT SHIT, THOSE WOMEN WHO WERE IN THE ROOM THAT NIGHT AND NOT YOU COWARDS WHO WERE NOT EVEN IN THE ROOM. I CAN GUARANTEE THE UNITS WHO ARE COMPLAINING DID NOT EVEN WORK THE INCIDENT. DID YOU EVEN PASS OUT A DAMN FLYER, HELL NO!!! BUT GUESS WHAT WE DID...PEOPLE ARE SO QUICK TO JUDGE SOMEONE BASED ON 1ST IMPRESSIONS OR SOME DAMN 911 CALL. THAT 911 CALL DOES NOT DETERMINE WHAT TYPE OF DISPATCHER SOMEONE CAN BE OR EVEN THEIR POTENTIAL. I CAN WRITE A BOOK ABOUT THAT NIGHT BUT I WOULD NOT EVEN GIVE YOU THAT PLEASURE. WE ARE NOT THREATENED BY YOUR COMMENTS OR THE WAY YOU MAY FEEL TOWARDS US. WE DID A JOB AND WE PERFORMED OUR JOB THE BEST WAY WE COULD. OUR QUALITY ASSURANCE WERE AT BSO STANDARDS AND NOT YOU COWARDS. [/b]

09-14-2007, 08:46 PM
MAYBE SOME OF THE CRITICISMS WERE UNFAIR. BUT TO CALL PEOPLE WHO VOICE THEIR PINIONS ON THE SITE COWARDS IS WRONG-HEADED. ESPECIALLY SINCE WE ARE THE ONES BEING SHOT AND KILLED ON THE STREETS WHILE YOU SIT BEHIND THE CAD, TAKE YOUR FOOT OFF THE PEDAL AND CALL US EVERYTHING BUT A CHILD OF GOD. YOU KNOW IT’S TRUE. SO TELL ME WHY YOU DESERVE 3% RISK PAY WHILE NICE AND COZY IN AN AIR-CONDITIONED OFFICE. P.S. THE PUBLIC, PRESS, PEERS, AND ADMINISTRATION CRITICIZE US. SO TOUGHEN UP.

09-14-2007, 09:07 PM
:D I FEEL SO DISGUSTED BY READING THE COMMENTS THAT U HAVE LEFT REGARDING COMMUNICATIONS DISPATCHERS AT CDC-4. I TRULY BELIEVE THAT EVERYONE IS HERE TO DO A JOB AND SHOULD NOT BE CRITICIZED BY THEIR PEERS SUCH AS UNITS AND COMM OPRS. I DONT THINK ANY OF YOU COULD HAVE DONE ANY BETTER OF A JOB. PLACE YOURSELF IN THE SHOES OF THE WOMEN WHO ANSWERED THE CALL AND WHO DISPATCHED THE CALL. IT IS NOT AN EASY TASKS AND YOU MAKE IT SEEM LIKE IT IS. I AM SO SICK AND TIRED OF PEOPLE WHO DO NOT PERFORM A COMMUNICATIONS OPERATOR JOB SEEM TO KNOW HOW TO DO COMM OPRS JOB. YOU PEOPLE ARE PATHETIC YOUR ARE SUPPOSE TO BE LAW ENFORCEMENT EMPLOYEES WHO WALK AROUND WITH GREEN AND WHITE ON YOUR BACKS. YOU DISGRACE THE SHERIFF'S OFFICE. IF YOU WERE CONCERNED ABOUT THE POOR JOB THEY PERFORMED WHY DIDN'T YOU COMPLAIN TO ADMIN ABOUT IT. WRITE A MEMO, START A PETITION, "NO" YOU CAME ON THE INTERNET LIKE LITTLE PUNKS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! AND POST COMMENTS ABOUT THESE WOMEN. I HATE COWARDS AND THAT'S WHAT YOU ARE, JUST LIKE THE COWARDS THAT KILLED REYKA. INSTEAD OF COMING TOGETHER AS ONE WE'RE COMING AGAINST ONE ANOTHER. THAT IS A SHAME AND REYKA WOULD BE TURNING OVER IN HIS GRAVE. COME TO COMMUNICATIONS ONE DAY AND ANSWER A darn PHONE OR EVEN DISPATCH A CALL. WE'RE PEOPLE JUST LIKE YOU, WE HAVE LIVES OUTSIDE OF BSO AND HAVE TO DEAL WITH IGNORANT PEOPLE LIKE YOURSELVES. FOR THE PERSON WHO SEEMS TO KNOW ALL THE 1043 REGARDING THE CALL TAKER THAT TOOK THE CALL YOU SHOULD BE ASHAMED OF YOURSELF BECAUSE U ARE FROM COMMUNICATIONS. HOW WOULD ANYONE KNOW HER 1043 AND HOW LONG SHE HAS BEEN WORKING IN POMPANO, AND BESIDES THAT 1043 SHOULD NOT HAVE BEEN GIVEN OUT ANYWAY. YOU REALLY ARE PATHETIC, I REMEMBER THE NIGHT OF REYKA'S KILLING LIKE IT WAS YESTERDAY I WAS IN THE ROOM WHEN IT HAPPENED AND KNOW EVERY DETAIL ABOUT IT. BUT FOR SOME REASON THOSE INDIVIDUALS WHO WERE NOT THERE SEEM TO KNOW ENVERYTHING. DOES A darn TAPE REALLY TELL YOU WHAT THE HELL WENT ON IN THAT ROOM. HELL NO!!!! DOES A UNIT COMING ACROSS THE RADIO REYKA HAS BEEN SHOT TELL ANY OF US HOW YOU GUYS FELT ON THE ROAD HELL NO!!!! WE DID NOT SEE HIS BODY ALL WE HEARD WAS THE UNITS COMING OVER THE RADIO ASKING FOR HELP. WE DID NOT JUDGE YOU BASED ON THE 1043 THAT YOU GAVE US, WHEN UNITS WENT 1097 HOW DID THEY HANDLE THE SITUATION , LET ME GUESS NOT TO PERFECTION. JUST IMAGINE 8 PEOPLE MAKING CALL OUTS, REQUESTING TAPES, SETTING UNITS ON PERIMETERS, CALLING THE SHERIFF, CALLLING THE MAJOR...WE DID THAT shizzat, THOSE WOMEN WHO WERE IN THE ROOM THAT NIGHT AND NOT YOU COWARDS WHO WERE NOT EVEN IN THE ROOM. I CAN GUARANTEE THE UNITS WHO ARE COMPLAINING DID NOT EVEN WORK THE INCIDENT. DID YOU EVEN PASS OUT A darn FLYER, HELL NO!!! BUT GUESS WHAT WE DID...PEOPLE ARE SO QUICK TO JUDGE SOMEONE BASED ON 1ST IMPRESSIONS OR SOME darn 911 CALL. THAT 911 CALL DOES NOT DETERMINE WHAT TYPE OF DISPATCHER SOMEONE CAN BE OR EVEN THEIR POTENTIAL. I CAN WRITE A BOOK ABOUT THAT NIGHT BUT I WOULD NOT EVEN GIVE YOU THAT PLEASURE. WE ARE NOT THREATENED BY YOUR COMMENTS OR THE WAY YOU MAY FEEL TOWARDS US. WE DID A JOB AND WE PERFORMED OUR JOB THE BEST WAY WE COULD. OUR QUALITY ASSURANCE WERE AT BSO STANDARDS AND NOT YOU COWARDS. [/b]

Well it looks like you walked away from the food long enough at dispatch to write us. For your comments about a dispatcher, maybe people are upset at the lack of BASIC questions asked. I never heard anyone ask for a descrription of a suspect (only color of officer), I never heard direction of travel, never heard did you see anyone running, clothing description...... Remember your 5 basic questions of who, what, when, where and why. You would be amazed at how much info you can get. Why would the dispatcher give the callers an attitude like they did. It was clear to all that the caller was ready to hang up on the dispatcher because the way she was being talked to. Now go back to the troff and don't include us in your "bso family" we take care of our own.

09-16-2007, 12:02 AM
Why are most dispatchers always fat, black females?

09-16-2007, 01:24 AM
Well that little 'ol dispatcher got just a little too upset.

BUT WE DO COMPLAIN ABOUT YOU, AND YOUR DO's ARE EITHER NOT DOING THEIR JOBS ALSO, OR NOT CALLING YOU TO ORDER.

I agree with the guy that wrote, all you have to ask is the.... WHERE would be my #1 question, that way you eliminate the sig. 76's to Pembroke Pines or Palm Beach County. and then from there, make your own judgement... WHAT, WHEN, WHY, and so on and so on.

The point to this first blog was, that the 911 tapes were heard and who ever the dispatchers were, did not ask those questions... they were more concern if the officer was black or white. forget the vehicle or suspects..... get it?

09-18-2007, 07:18 PM
[b]How can you call anyone a coward, for not writing their
name when you wont either. You have alot to say while hiding behind a computer screen. Practice what you preach.

09-18-2007, 08:51 PM
If you did your job to the best you could, we're all in alot of trouble :x
You will get some deputy hurt. As far as we're concerned that evening you failed everyone of us. Now go eat.

09-18-2007, 09:07 PM
If you did your job to the best you could, we're all in alot of trouble :x
You will get some deputy hurt. As far as we're concerned that evening you failed everyone of us. Now go eat.

Yeah, go to the 2nd floor cafeteria and maul another 4 cheeseburgers!!

Architect
09-21-2007, 11:51 AM
It’s pretty amazing how some of us deputies find the time and the inclination to compile these posts where we depict the CDC-4 dispatchers as angry, horrific, and at times just plain ‘stupid’. What I find very comical is that these same deputies are probably the ones who have and still make worse mistakes out on the road.

The bottom line is that we can sit here all day and tell each other stories but at the end of this trip down memory lane we all share one common issue and that is that unless you have experienced it, you really need to just shut your hole.

Reyka’s death is a tragic incident nonetheless in every way, shape, and form. Don’t make it worse by sitting down and start assigning blame. Yes, acquiring suspect information including physical and vehicle description is a MUST when the initial call is received by a dispatcher. Any person with common sense would assert it.

Now,
How many times have you received a call of an officer down?
Or for that matter,
How many times do you train for such scenario?

Most of us can answer virtually NEVER. On that same token, how many times have you rolled up to a scene where the person you work with day in and day out is lying on the ground and because of his apparent injuries you know that he has expired? Virtually NEVER.

We all talk about how somebody else screwed it up or how one would handle it if one was confronted with it and as we all know, it’s nothing else but ‘Talk’. Instead of acting like a bunch of jack asses, how about we work collectively to address these critical issues. Don’t sit there and say “Well, one of these days they are going to get somebody killed.” For the universally stupid, we don’t work in an office desk job with regular banker hours, we work in Law Enforcement. A job where people dislike you until they need you; a job where your mistakes are known and your successes are not; and a job where people are simply just trying to kill you.

Don’t blame somebody else because you make an informed decision and elect to make contact with a subject whose intentions are unknown to you and you decide to cancel your back-up or at times, not even announce it on the radio. As a cop you have to be aware of what’s going on, you have to know when it is time to advance, and when proven practical, retrieve. A dispatcher is just a guide and the information they give you is contingent upon that provided by the caller. Yes, a lot of times they fail to facilitate the proper information because they are not paying attention and/or simply don’t care. In the same manner that deputies fail to investigate and/or take proper action on any given case that subsequently becomes a larger problem simply because they are not paying attention and/or simply don’t care.

It seems we’re more pre-occupied with pointing fingers at others and not addressing our own fu*ck-ups. If there’s a problem, whether it’s isolated or common, and talking to your supervisor has not fixed it, than how about you use that laptop which you religiously use to play solitaire or get on the internet with prohibited wireless cards and put your concerns in WRITING. I’m fairly confident that you can find where to forward the letter to, if not, you probably should not be in this line of work. But then again, they do hire people (both sworn and non-sworn) that are dumb enough to couch dance behind McDonald’s allowing their proclivities to be known to the world. How about we stop acting like a bunch of idiots and start behaving like adults.

There are less of us and more of them. Don’t shi*t on your family.

09-22-2007, 03:10 AM
It’s pretty amazing how some of us deputies find the time and the inclination to compile these posts where we depict the CDC-4 dispatchers as angry, horrific, and at times just plain ‘stupid’. What I find very comical is that these same deputies are probably the ones who have and still make worse mistakes out on the road.

The bottom line is that we can sit here all day and tell each other stories but at the end of this trip down memory lane we all share one common issue and that is that unless you have experienced it, you really need to just shut your hole.

Reyka’s death is a tragic incident nonetheless in every way, shape, and form. Don’t make it worse by sitting down and start assigning blame. Yes, acquiring suspect information including physical and vehicle description is a MUST when the initial call is received by a dispatcher. Any person with common sense would assert it.

Now,
How many times have you received a call of an officer down?
Or for that matter,
How many times do you train for such scenario?

Most of us can answer virtually NEVER. On that same token, how many times have you rolled up to a scene where the person you work with day in and day out is lying on the ground and because of his apparent injuries you know that he has expired? Virtually NEVER.

We all talk about how somebody else screwed it up or how one would handle it if one was confronted with it and as we all know, it’s nothing else but ‘Talk’. Instead of acting like a bunch of jack asses, how about we work collectively to address these critical issues. Don’t sit there and say “Well, one of these days they are going to get somebody killed.” For the universally stupid, we don’t work in an office desk job with regular banker hours, we work in Law Enforcement. A job where people dislike you until they need you; a job where your mistakes are known and your successes are not; and a job where people are simply just trying to kill you.

Don’t blame somebody else because you make an informed decision and elect to make contact with a subject whose intentions are unknown to you and you decide to cancel your back-up or at times, not even announce it on the radio. As a cop you have to be aware of what’s going on, you have to know when it is time to advance, and when proven practical, retrieve. A dispatcher is just a guide and the information they give you is contingent upon that provided by the caller. Yes, a lot of times they fail to facilitate the proper information because they are not paying attention and/or simply don’t care. In the same manner that deputies fail to investigate and/or take proper action on any given case that subsequently becomes a larger problem simply because they are not paying attention and/or simply don’t care.

It seems we’re more pre-occupied with pointing fingers at others and not addressing our own fu*ck-ups. If there’s a problem, whether it’s isolated or common, and talking to your supervisor has not fixed it, than how about you use that laptop which you religiously use to play solitaire or get on the internet with prohibited wireless cards and put your concerns in WRITING. I’m fairly confident that you can find where to forward the letter to, if not, you probably should not be in this line of work. But then again, they do hire people (both sworn and non-sworn) that are dumb enough to couch dance behind McDonald’s allowing their proclivities to be known to the world. How about we stop acting like a bunch of idiots and start behaving like adults.

There are less of us and more of them. Don’t shi*t on your family.

Ok little dispatcher, go back to eat, and stop acting stupid ! 10-9? you say? swallow and then talk.[/b]

Architect
09-22-2007, 06:03 AM
Ok little dispatcher, go back to eat, and stop acting stupid ! 10-9? you say? swallow and then talk.[/b][/i][/u]

Since you obviously don't know how to read "...some of us deputies..." you would know that I am not a dispatcher you imbecile. But since you wrote "little dispatcher" then you obviously are trying to put yourself above them which means you feel insulted by my post.

It's OK Rice and Beans, don't feel bad just because you can't write an intelligent response. I'll tell you what, give me your CCN and I'll sign you up for a couple of Creative Writing classes.

Wah, wah, wah...

09-23-2007, 02:09 PM
Ok little dispatcher, go back to eat, and stop acting stupid ! 10-9? you say? swallow and then talk.[/b][/i][/u]

Since you obviously don't know how to read "...some of us deputies..." you would know that I am not a dispatcher you imbecile. But since you wrote "little dispatcher" then you obviously are trying to put yourself above them which means you feel insulted by my post.

It's OK Rice and Beans, don't feel bad just because you can't write an intelligent response. I'll tell you what, give me your CCN and I'll sign you up for a couple of Creative Writing classes.

Wah, wah, wah...

WOW,, YOU'RE SO SENSITIVE DEPUTY. BIG WORDS TOO. WHAT DO YOU TEACH CREATIVE WRITING. I'M IMPRESS. Rice and Beans be careful ! the writing BSO patrol is out to get 'ya. Oh, I mean get YOU.

10-06-2007, 06:55 PM
Im a former CDC Supervisor, I know many dispatchers lack experience and when a serious call comes in they don't know what to do. In communications many calls are very serious and life threatening, you have a high turnover rate in communications because of the stress level. I've seen fist fights in CDC, chairs tipped over, food thrown all because of stress.

You then have a shift Lt who more likely than not is a moron, has no idea what goes on in communications and what really gets me is you have officers that are injured and they stick them up there for a few days and they know even less. Everyone thinks it's a secretarial pool, it is not. it is a center that takes very serious calls, finds out as much as possible, 33 the air if needed then dispatches while the phones are still ringing. The world doesn't stop ever because of one incident.

10-06-2007, 07:23 PM
WOW BSO for you..

This is really sad. Those Call Takers are really slacking.

When the first caller called, she was calm, and gave as much detail as possible. In the mean time, the dispatcher is typing, not asking questions (i guess she cannot multi-task). When a call like this gets out, dont use the delayes network, the dispatchers and call takers are so close together, they could shout back and fourth, that way everyone, all radios can dispatch county wide units. Once the caller said there was a vehicle, the call taker did not even ask for a description or anything of that sort. If the units would have known what to look for, with all the units from all the diff. directions, someone would have seen him. I didnt know the call takers were detectives as well....she asked numerous questions to "question" her credibility "how do you know the officer is down" MAYBE because she stated how she heard 5 or 6 shots, and then saw a car drive a way...and saw our "glow in the dark" white shirts..
those dispatchers are so close to one another, they could have had this dispatched, to all radios in 30 seconds.....SHOULD have. Cannot belive it. Im suprised she wasnt questioning the caller on "why are you at walgreens so late?" what do you need to buy so badly"

No one was asking for a vehicle description or anything...this makes me so pissed and feel unsafe.

Right now there is a dispatcher...she doesnt listen, everything you say you must repeat....she never puts you out anywhere...always forgets...and always screws up. Her favorite code is 10-9, 10-54. She will not allow you to key in...because sometimes she is just to busy.

NOW for the dispatcher who handled the radio when Tephford was shot, we need more like you. You had a perimeter, units responding, rescue staging, and information of the shooting and location before I could even think. Good Job.

10-07-2007, 12:39 AM
WOW BSO for you..

This is really sad. Those Call Takers are really slacking.

When the first caller called, she was calm, and gave as much detail as possible. In the mean time, the dispatcher is typing, not asking questions (i guess she cannot multi-task). When a call like this gets out, dont use the delayes network, the dispatchers and call takers are so close together, they could shout back and fourth, that way everyone, all radios can dispatch county wide units. Once the caller said there was a vehicle, the call taker did not even ask for a description or anything of that sort. If the units would have known what to look for, with all the units from all the diff. directions, someone would have seen him. I didnt know the call takers were detectives as well....she asked numerous questions to "question" her credibility "how do you know the officer is down" MAYBE because she stated how she heard 5 or 6 shots, and then saw a car drive a way...and saw our "glow in the dark" white shirts..
those dispatchers are so close to one another, they could have had this dispatched, to all radios in 30 seconds.....SHOULD have. Cannot belive it. Im suprised she wasnt questioning the caller on "why are you at walgreens so late?" what do you need to buy so badly"

No one was asking for a vehicle description or anything...this makes me so pissed and feel unsafe.

Right now there is a dispatcher...she doesnt listen, everything you say you must repeat....she never puts you out anywhere...always forgets...and always screws up. Her favorite code is 10-9, 10-54. She will not allow you to key in...because sometimes she is just to busy.

NOW for the dispatcher who handled the radio when Tephford was shot, we need more like you. You had a perimeter, units responding, rescue staging, and information of the shooting and location before I could even think. Good Job.

I believe that the dispatcher handling the call in the Tephord shooting was a "real" dispatcher from downtown communications and not one from the Pompano communications. That would explain the competency of the dispatcher.

10-19-2007, 02:47 AM
i have a feeling this dispatcher is on duty, at a radio, not paying attention to write n this blog

10-19-2007, 07:53 PM
:o :o Yes, Hello, McFly... please, somebody teach these operators to ask the most important question #1 WHERE did it happened (that clears 100% of the confusion). then go on to the rest of the W's.....

And when you have a 38, a 41, a 21 etc. in progress, please keep the person on the line, don't make us have to ask you to call them back for description of the subject. IS THAT SO DIFFICULT?

10-20-2007, 01:25 PM
Huh?

tuffstuff
10-28-2007, 11:43 PM
I do the job and I heard the tapes, and I will just say this, I'm mortified, embarrassed, and ashamed. End of story. :(

10-29-2007, 03:53 AM
All CDC needs to do is put a radio near the call taker so they can go on any air and give out the emergency traffic of an officer down and the location so we can start heading over there. Forget the stupid case number, an officer is down and we need to respond.

It takes longer to type everything and then send it to the dispatcher. And what is worse is that if the dispatcher is chewing on a burger or something at the console or talking to Latisha about how she did not get any the night before with Jerome, she will miss the call coming in and delay getting the 10-33 information out to the road.

CDC is so occupied talking to everyone around them, you can hear them giggle in the background and even tell us to 10-23 while they finish their conversations. When they do this they aren't even looking at the screens which pop up the 10-33 calls.

CDC needs to be like a craps table boxman or stickman who watches the table. They don't chit-chat at a craps table and they always watch the table. CDC needs to teach the dispatchers some craps.

10-29-2007, 12:37 PM
I'll eat as much as I want, and I'll talk as much as I want too!!!!!!!!

10-29-2007, 08:42 PM
And who was the MORON to put these other morons up for STARS of the MONTH? Sig. 14/September 2007. Did this person NOT listen to the 911 call that came in from that very articulate calm person who's vehicle was about 3 feet away from Sgt. Reyka's vehicle? Who saw the suspect's vehicle leave? These three what-ever you want to call them did not do their jobs ! PERIOD, they allowed good time and good info to go out the window. Why you ask? Because "They" were concerned more as to "the race" of the deputy, than asking about the vehicle, the suspect's color (maybe they didn't want to hear what color the suspects were). They did not ask the freaken PERTINENT info they are TRAINED (CLUE WORD) TO DO. Repeatedly you hear the moron asking the witness...is the deputy white or black man? is the deputy white or black? WHO CARES, GIVE US SOME GOOD INFO DUMMIES. I'm leaving I'm pissed.
STARS OF THE MONTH? PLEASE ! Then I should be DEPUTY OF THE YEAR FOR JUST RESPONDING ! I have NO confidence in these call takers, that's what they are in my book.

10-30-2007, 12:41 AM
And who was the MORON to put these other morons up for STARS of the MONTH? Sig. 14/September 2007. Did this person NOT listen to the 911 call that came in from that very articulate calm person who's vehicle was about 3 feet away from Sgt. Reyka's vehicle? Who saw the suspect's vehicle leave? These three what-ever you want to call them did not do their jobs ! PERIOD, they allowed good time and good info to go out the window. Why you ask? Because "They" were concerned more as to "the race" of the deputy, than asking about the vehicle, the suspect's color (maybe they didn't want to hear what color the suspects were). They did not ask the freaken PERTINENT info they are TRAINED (CLUE WORD) TO DO. Repeatedly you hear the moron asking the witness...is the deputy white or black man? is the deputy white or black? WHO CARES, GIVE US SOME GOOD INFO DUMMIES. I'm leaving I'm pissed.
STARS OF THE MONTH? PLEASE ! Then I should be DEPUTY OF THE YEAR FOR JUST RESPONDING ! I have NO confidence in these call takers, that's what they are in my book.

The article states in the first sentence ..."provided quick communications response after Dep. Maury Hernandez was shot...". You, Deputy, are not paying attention, as this is not about Sgt. Reyka.

10-30-2007, 08:11 AM
[quote="Slim Pickens":33klhxyv]And who was the MORON to put these other morons up for STARS of the MONTH? Sig. 14/September 2007. Did this person NOT listen to the 911 call that came in from that very articulate calm person who's vehicle was about 3 feet away from Sgt. Reyka's vehicle? Who saw the suspect's vehicle leave? These three what-ever you want to call them did not do their jobs ! PERIOD, they allowed good time and good info to go out the window. Why you ask? Because "They" were concerned more as to "the race" of the deputy, than asking about the vehicle, the suspect's color (maybe they didn't want to hear what color the suspects were). They did not ask the freaken PERTINENT info they are TRAINED (CLUE WORD) TO DO. Repeatedly you hear the moron asking the witness...is the deputy white or black man? is the deputy white or black? WHO CARES, GIVE US SOME GOOD INFO DUMMIES. I'm leaving I'm pissed.

The article states in the first sentence ..."provided quick communications response after Dep. Maury Hernandez was shot...". You, Deputy, are not paying attention, as this is not about Sgt. Reyka.[/quote:33klhxyv]

OK BIG TUMMY, what's your point? 911 call takers are still stupid.

tuffstuff
10-30-2007, 12:28 PM
At CDC1, 911 calltakers aren't always trained as dispatchers but dispatchers are always trained to be 911 calltakers. Therefore, don't ASSume, all calltakers are stupid. Many times the same AWESOME dispatchers that you hear night after night occasionally sit on the desk and answer the 911 lines. However, many of the (good) dispatchers hate/avoid or at least don't like to sit on the 911 desk, for various reasons. :roll:

10-30-2007, 09:00 PM
[quote="Look Here You Dummy":2zy59c31][quote="Slim Pickens":2zy59c31]And who was the MORON to put these other morons up for STARS of the MONTH? Sig. 14/September 2007. Did this person NOT listen to the 911 call that came in from that very articulate calm person who's vehicle was about 3 feet away from Sgt. Reyka's vehicle? Who saw the suspect's vehicle leave? These three what-ever you want to call them did not do their jobs ! PERIOD, they allowed good time and good info to go out the window. Why you ask? Because "They" were concerned more as to "the race" of the deputy, than asking about the vehicle, the suspect's color (maybe they didn't want to hear what color the suspects were). They did not ask the freaken PERTINENT info they are TRAINED (CLUE WORD) TO DO. Repeatedly you hear the moron asking the witness...is the deputy white or black man? is the deputy white or black? WHO CARES, GIVE US SOME GOOD INFO DUMMIES. I'm leaving I'm pissed.

The article states in the first sentence ..."provided quick communications response after Dep. Maury Hernandez was shot...". You, Deputy, are not paying attention, as this is not about Sgt. Reyka.[/quote:2zy59c31]

OK BIG TUMMY, what's your point? 911 call takers are still stupid.[/quote:2zy59c31]

Since you had to ask, the point is, for a cop, I don't think you're too bright. You looked at that article and missed the FACT that these people are NOT being recognized for handling Sgt. Reyka's shooting, it clearly states Deputy Hernandez. You mis-read it and made a complete fool of yourself. You look like the moron. Furthermore, I don't have a big tummy, I don't work in Communications, I do think the individual who handled Sgt. Reyka's call should seek other employement, and I agree A LOT of the 9-1-1 call takers are so stupid and unprofessional that it's an embarrassment to say the least. However, A LOT of them are EXCELLENT. And the point of this is that YOU made an a s s of yourself and instead of letting it go, you had to ask my point and I've explained it to you. Ya happy now?

10-30-2007, 09:14 PM
[quote="OK BIG TUMMY":1hq75xd8][quote="Look Here You Dummy":1hq75xd8][quote="Slim Pickens":1hq75xd8]And who was the MORON to put these other morons up for STARS of the MONTH? Sig. 14/September 2007. Did this person NOT listen to the 911 call that came in from that very articulate calm person who's vehicle was about 3 feet away from Sgt. Reyka's vehicle? Who saw the suspect's vehicle leave? These three what-ever you want to call them did not do their jobs ! PERIOD, they allowed good time and good info to go out the window. Why you ask? Because "They" were concerned more as to "the race" of the deputy, than asking about the vehicle, the suspect's color (maybe they didn't want to hear what color the suspects were). They did not ask the freaken PERTINENT info they are TRAINED (CLUE WORD) TO DO. Repeatedly you hear the moron asking the witness...is the deputy white or black man? is the deputy white or black? WHO CARES, GIVE US SOME GOOD INFO DUMMIES. I'm leaving I'm pissed.

The article states in the first sentence ..."provided quick communications response after Dep. Maury Hernandez was shot...". You, Deputy, are not paying attention, as this is not about Sgt. Reyka.[/quote:1hq75xd8]

OK BIG TUMMY, what's your point? 911 call takers are still stupid.[/quote:1hq75xd8]

Since you had to ask, the point is, for a cop, I don't think you're too bright. You looked at that article and missed the FACT that these people are NOT being recognized for handling Sgt. Reyka's shooting, it clearly states Deputy Hernandez. You mis-read it and made a complete fool of yourself. You look like the moron. Furthermore, I don't have a big tummy, I don't work in Communications, I do think the individual who handled Sgt. Reyka's call should seek other employement, and I agree A LOT of the 9-1-1 call takers are so stupid and unprofessional that it's an embarrassment to say the least. However, A LOT of them are EXCELLENT. And the point of this is that YOU made an a s s of yourself and instead of letting it go, you had to ask my point and I've explained it to you. Ya happy now?[/quote:1hq75xd8]

And your point is? I didn't let it go? I'm not the guy you started off with. See? You can't even get that straight... the anger... go to psych services.

tuffstuff
10-30-2007, 09:33 PM
The person, whoever it was, obviously didn't read what the article said b4 they opened their mouth. The 3 that were pictured were being honored for their handling of the Hernandez shooting, not Sgt. Reyka's shooting. The calltakers in Sgt. Reyka's shooting should face some type of re-training, disciplinary action or something. Those tapes were down right AWFUL at best. Not once did any of them even ASK if someone was willing to go check on the downed officer (again they were TOO BUSY trying to get his race). I would have at least asked!!! Now as for ASSuming that all calltakers are stupid thats not fair, but then again fairness does not seem to come into play anywhere in most of these posts. No matter how many good, amazing, awesome dispatchers/calltakers there are at the BSO sites, it only takes a few crappy ones to have everyone on their cases. However, deputies and officers should realize the same thing goes for them, how would they like to be judged by the few bad apples on the road. Again, that would not be fair either. :!:

10-30-2007, 09:50 PM
[quote="Look Here You Dummy":27ft0hch][quote="OK BIG TUMMY":27ft0hch][quote="Look Here You Dummy":27ft0hch][quote="Slim Pickens":27ft0hch]And who was the MORON to put these other morons up for STARS of the MONTH? Sig. 14/September 2007. Did this person NOT listen to the 911 call that came in from that very articulate calm person who's vehicle was about 3 feet away from Sgt. Reyka's vehicle? Who saw the suspect's vehicle leave? These three what-ever you want to call them did not do their jobs ! PERIOD, they allowed good time and good info to go out the window. Why you ask? Because "They" were concerned more as to "the race" of the deputy, than asking about the vehicle, the suspect's color (maybe they didn't want to hear what color the suspects were). They did not ask the freaken PERTINENT info they are TRAINED (CLUE WORD) TO DO. Repeatedly you hear the moron asking the witness...is the deputy white or black man? is the deputy white or black? WHO CARES, GIVE US SOME GOOD INFO DUMMIES. I'm leaving I'm pissed.

The article states in the first sentence ..."provided quick communications response after Dep. Maury Hernandez was shot...". You, Deputy, are not paying attention, as this is not about Sgt. Reyka.[/quote:27ft0hch]

OK BIG TUMMY, what's your point? 911 call takers are still stupid.[/quote:27ft0hch]

Since you had to ask, the point is, for a cop, I don't think you're too bright. You looked at that article and missed the FACT that these people are NOT being recognized for handling Sgt. Reyka's shooting, it clearly states Deputy Hernandez. You mis-read it and made a complete fool of yourself. You look like the moron. Furthermore, I don't have a big tummy, I don't work in Communications, I do think the individual who handled Sgt. Reyka's call should seek other employement, and I agree A LOT of the 9-1-1 call takers are so stupid and unprofessional that it's an embarrassment to say the least. However, A LOT of them are EXCELLENT. And the point of this is that YOU made an a s s of yourself and instead of letting it go, you had to ask my point and I've explained it to you. Ya happy now?[/quote:27ft0hch]

And your point is? I didn't let it go? I'm not the guy you started off with. See? You can't even get that straight... the anger... go to psych services.[/quote:27ft0hch]

I know as well as you, that a person can change their Username, as far as I know, one minute you're Slim-Pickens the next you are Ok Big Tummy. YOU are the one who responded to me and asked the question. As far as I'm concerned you are one-in-the-same because no intelligent person would disagree with my simple point that this deputy made a big oversight, I called it to his/her attention. I'm not angry, I'm laughing at you.

10-30-2007, 09:56 PM
See, just to prove my point, I started as Look here Dummy, changed to Guest, now I'm It's Still Me. So I would never beleive you.

tuffstuff
10-30-2007, 10:35 PM
You guys are making my head hurt.

11-01-2007, 08:28 PM
bimbo bump

tuffstuff
11-01-2007, 09:37 PM
No bimbos here hon.....but this post was about Sgt Reykas 911 tapes not what it ended up being about. That's what my point was.

11-01-2007, 10:04 PM
I wish it was a simple as "keeping some one on the phone" during a 1033 call. Heck i wish we could just get the answer for Where are the police needed? and not get 'just send the police...scream scream....Trust me. It blows my mind how often I have put in calls or have dispatched out a call that once the units are done working it will not be anything like the CALLER-CITIZEN-said it was. This happens most of the time. Hey its on the phone. And unfortunately people think they call 911 and we get their 1020 on the ali and BOOM the officers have it too and nothing more needs to be said. No joke. I use to call back and call back after being hung up on REPEATEDLY trying to get answers and it is just not worth it. I cover my ass and ask Where is the emergency? What is the emergency? Do you need paramedics? Is the subj still 97? Is he black , white or a latin male? How tall is he? How much does he weigh? What type of car does he drive? Does he own a weapon? But this all gets asked only if the citizen does not hang up the phone,which is mainly what happens. On the Reyka call that citizen was an EXCEPTION. But AND PLEASE UNITS READING THIS KNOW THIS COMES FROM CARING... SGT Reyka SHOULD NOT HAVE GONE INTO A POSSIBLE HINKY SITUATION W/O ADVISING DISPATCH. HE SHOULD HAVE HAD ANOTHER UNIT OR TWO CHECKING OUT W/HIM. WHAT IS SOO HARD ABOUT THAT? 11D-WHOMEVER SHOW ME 1006 TO THE REAR OF WALGREENS AT BLAH BLAH ...WHAT IS SOO HARD ABOUT THIS REQUEST??? It breaks my heart. If only he had gone w/another unit or two the SOB that killed him would not be an unk.... Things could of, should of been soo different. But i have been doing this job 19years now and you guys sometimes will advise ov situations (i know i can be a pain cuz i demand to know where u are/if your 1097/if all units are there. But all this i do for your safety and my ass too. I am not an altruist. But i have heard of horrible situations that make me be specific in my requests of the units i may be working with. Like deputy Doan killed in his unit going code 3 on a 1094. Hell no if my units are going to risk themselves w/o me having the EXACT 1020 of where he/she is hauling ass to get (hence my insistence on where are u?/Then Dep Green shot in his sqaud doing 1044 at a convenience store. Lord forbid. I know somethings,like the Green shooting NONE of us can really do much about. But i appreciate when ya'all adv 06 1044 and where. On and on. Its part of the job for you guys. My job is trying to keep it straight on where you are at any given time so that I can Get You 10-94 where and when u need it. But just like 911 w/those damn citizens , it takes cooperation. I know some dispatchers act like their bothered but so what. You guys are not always jolly sounding either BUT I GET MY ANSWER and cover bases. So you bother a dispatcher w/your 1020 and ref and share the load so that GOD forbid an evil asshole thinks he is gonna bring ya down but has a second thought when a 2nd or 3rd unit shows and things might not end up so ugly. So unnecassary. So heartbreakingly not necessary. Or if you must go it alone you'll still have everyone aware of your general situation. Ya all are good at hearing what each other is going 06 on,involved or not. Not always sooo good hearing your dispather but then again the radios may just be 10-1 right? Ok soo please dont be like the citizens that have the excuse of being clueless and uncooperative when THEY CALL 911 FOR HELP. Be the units you were trained to be. Advise ADVISE ADVISE and allow your dispacther to have all the answers she/he may need if God forbid 1094 is screamed ...Where? Bad guy desc ? Foot or veh? DOT are the tools for communications to help you,the road patrol in helping each other and CATCHING the bad guy, which of course , helps us all. PS the 3 dispathers in the signal 14 sept 2007 employees if the month were not part of the Reyka story, we all work at cdc1 and handled the Hernandez situation. God be with us all. Thats all i have to say. Sincerly, Susan Nofplotes 6101 [/list]

11-01-2007, 10:46 PM
I appreciate your concern and caring, but sometimes if you're going out with every little thing it just isn't possible to advise every stop on the radio. I'm not going to delay taking action on something just because I can't get on the radio. I'm a big boy and know the risks and getting hurt or killed is something we all know about. Please don't monday morning quarterback Chris Reyka, he certainly doesn't need that from you!! Just do your job and let us do ours!!!

11-01-2007, 11:02 PM
I appreciate your concern and caring, but sometimes if you're going out with every little thing it just isn't possible to advise every stop on the radio. I'm not going to delay taking action on something just because I can't get on the radio. I'm a big boy and know the risks and getting hurt or killed is something we all know about. Please don't monday morning quarterback Chris Reyka, he certainly doesn't need that from you!! Just do your job and let us do ours!!! I did not mean it like that at all. I know you guys look it like big boys who know the risks. And it is true. Any more just being in uniform makes all of you a target. But it is also true that you know BEFORE something gets hinky and you could come over the air and advise. It is not about quarterbacking or anything more then common sense. Really its a waste of time to have said anything because, nothing will change. You will ,as Deputies choose to advise or wait till you cant. The truth is that what will be will be . no matter what. Again did not mean it as anything more then a case in point. A lesson to be learned from. And my lesson here " dont bother" . Only do your job and have no expectations from anyone but yourself. Everything is taped and hey thats that.

11-02-2007, 11:28 AM
Now adays it is just best to shut up. To not think even. But I do not want any Officers death to be in vain. So let us look at the actions of the Officer and determine-non personally-in what way could this have gone down differently? In what way could this have been prevented? I regret naming names , because though not with intention,this made the point i was trying to impress get lost. Any way things have always been the same between dispatchers and units. The resentment, annoyance...
There is nothing like a radio , though where your personality just goes and the radio ROCKS!! OO thats the BEST. Any way to any one else, and to Donny, again nothing personal was meant in that message. I am not some outsider though, w/o any understanding. Nineteen Years gives me a bit of experience to share a thought toward better safety practices. But this is in P&P and its a rule sometimes followed and sometimes not and shall remain so. And Lord Knows I AM CERTAINLY NOT a "BY the BOOK" dispatcher, so though my life is not at risk, i do understand going it alone. I JUST DONT WANT YOU TO! but o well its not a Walgreens world,it is reality. So the hope for 10-2 air and 10-8 units AND dispatchers to meet whatevers out there is the best any of us can dream of. Talk to ya Later, Sincerly Q [/code]