PDA

View Full Version : getting a job.

08-28-2007, 01:02 PM
I was just wondering if someone could please tell me if you all are hiring people that have already graduated the academy but have not worked as a cop yet, I was looking at your web site and it looks like a really cool place to work! so any info you have would be appreciated thanks!

08-28-2007, 03:24 PM
Yes we are hiring. Put in your application.

08-28-2007, 09:27 PM
Run my friend, run very far away !!!! Because you must be illiterate if you want to apply here.

Otherwise welcome aboard , and bring your life vest....

08-29-2007, 03:20 AM
I'm sure he/she has read these message boards. University Police are usually a second choice hire for people, unless they are retirees or people that want a slower work load and don't mind doing a lot of security guard type duties. The pay will never be as good as city or county officers. The newbies that take the job, and can't get picked up by city or county departments usually get disgruntled after about their first year on the job.

08-29-2007, 04:32 AM
Thanks for the feed back I really appreciate your time. Hope to be working with you all very soon! God bless and stay safe.

09-02-2007, 05:58 PM
I was thinking about come there as well. I have 14 years with DOC and am well aware about state pay. How long is the hiring process and do they sponsor the academy?

09-02-2007, 09:05 PM
I was thinking about come there as well. I have 14 years with DOC and am well aware about state pay. How long is the hiring process and do they sponsor the academy?

Currently the department is not sponsoring applicants through the academy. Due to current shortages on the street we are looking for officers that currently hold active certification. That said, the hiring process can be as short as 2-3 months.

09-02-2007, 09:32 PM
Are they offering any type of cross over academy? Any type of Auxiliary Officer position I could do while still working DOC and attending a cross over academy in order to get some experience before coming there?