PDA

View Full Version : DAVE GUSTAFSON

08-28-2007, 09:41 AM
It should be pretty clear by now to everyone that there is 1 common denominator on this site about the nasty posting about those who want to run for sheriff. DAVE GUSTAFSON and his followers, who have come on here and slammed every sheriff candidate or possible candidate so far.

Think about it...Dunklee, Lavarello, Bell, Hogle?

Last election, Balkwill got slammed by Gustafson here a lot.

So why does he do this? BECAUSE DAVE HAS NO MERITS TO RUN ON HIS OWN, SO HE WILL HAVE TO RELEY ON SLAMMING OTHERS. HE'S LOST TWICE, HAS NEVER BEEN A SUPERVISOR, AND JUST WANTS THE TITLE OF SHERIFF.

08-28-2007, 09:49 AM
You are soooo right...

Dave spouts how committed he is to Sarasota, yet if you reed below, he tried (unsuccessfully) to become the sheriff in Lake County, Florida. He doesn't care about anything more than having that title, SHERIFF!

OrlandoSentinel.comLAKE IN BRIEF
So far, 3 have applied to become Lake County sheriff
October 27, 2006

TAVARES

Three hopefuls have applied to Gov. Jeb Bush's office for the position of Lake County sheriff.

Anthony DeLuise, a Bush spokesman, said Thursday that no deadline has been set for receiving applications.

It's still unclear when Bush will appoint an interim sheriff to serve the remaining two years of Sheriff Chris Daniels' term.

Daniels, 47, died Oct. 14 in a school-bus accident during a charity race at New Smyrna Speedway. The agency's command staff has since appointed Gary Borders, a former jail-operations chief, as acting sheriff.

Applicants for the interim job are Ron Gamble, a former Leesburg police officer who ran unsuccessfully for County Commission and tax collector; Mose Alexander, a Brevard County deputy sheriff; and David Gustafson, a police officer at New College of Florida and former Sarasota County Sheriff's Office detective.
Although Borders has expressed interest in the position, he has not applied, DeLuise said.

Borders is working on the application and will submit it soon, Lake Sgt. Christie Mysinger said Thursday.

Christine Dellert of the Sentinel staff compiled this report.

08-28-2007, 12:45 PM
It should be pretty clear by now to everyone that there is 1 common denominator on this site about the nasty posting about those who want to run for sheriff. DAVE GUSTAFSON and his followers, who have come on here and slammed every sheriff candidate or possible candidate so far.\
Oh PUH-LEEZE! :roll: There have been nasty comments about all of the candidates, to include Gustafson. Mmmmmmm I wonder who is making the negative smear comments about Gustafson??? Maybe it's the Gustafson supporters, since you claim that the Gustafson supporters are the ones who are making all of the negative comments? :roll: Let's face it: there are people in all campaign camps who are going to slam:
1) other candidates
2) supporters of those other candidates

My advice to everyone is to not get involved in anyone's campaign, unless you are ready to be attacked and smeared by the supporters of other candidates. If you think that only the Gustafson supporters are making negative comments, then I'd like to use whatever drugs you're on! :lol:

08-28-2007, 01:44 PM
Dave Gustafson wanted to be Sheriff in Lake County? OMG! Too funny.

Did he really think the Gov would appoint him Sheriff? Geeze, He is his biggest fan.

I heard he's put in for several police chief's jobs and been turned down on EVERY single management position he has applied for, incluing a lieutenants job with New College.

Maybe he could be supervisor back at Beneva Florest Delivery Unit?

08-28-2007, 05:16 PM
Maybe someone should tell, CE the SRO at Venice Middle to stop preaching to anyone who will listen how great DG would be for Sheriff, Tell the guy to give a rest already, you already have it made in the SRO unit stop whining.

08-28-2007, 08:02 PM
Dave is a living joke. This guy is like the flu, it keeps coming back.

Go deliver some more flowers Dave, let us handle the police work.

08-28-2007, 10:24 PM
lets face it, dave has to attack everyone else cause he has no merits of his own to run on.

but in the end, he'll just lose again. then he will run again in 6 more years. guess people like thowing money away.

08-28-2007, 11:54 PM
lets face it, dave has to attack everyone else cause dave has no merits of his own to run on.

but in the end, he'll just lose again. then he will run again in 6 more years. guess people like thowing money away.
Who is attacking who? :?

08-29-2007, 12:43 AM
ya'll notice how only ONE candidate isn't getting slammed? Herlihy is the only one who is qualified, HONEST, and running a clean campaign, coz that's who he is........C'mon do we really want

A) a guy that was caught drinking and driving (i.e...breaking the law) whether he was convicted or not, and if he wasn't in violation of FL law, why didn't he voluntarily take the test? Not only that, but he cant seem to make up his mind as to his party affiliation, dems don't want him, GOP don't want him: think he finally decided to run on the DEM ticket just so he's all alone? Maybe this is something Jeremy Wallace with the Trib should dig into

B) a guy that doesn't really care about the department and its employees, only about the title cause he's been beaten out of it twice, applied for other key positions in other agencies and sent packing, who is a used car salesman kind of politician that surrounds himself with washed up deputies

C) the chief, soon to be without a job, that cant keep his hands off himself and others, who the press has their finger on the button waiting for him to announce so that all his dirty laundry can be known by the whole county; Jeremy Wallace is gonna be eligible for a Pulitzer with these guys..

Its been said before; Herlihy is the ONLY candidate that has been thru every sworn division as a supervisor, has proven leadership abilities, and you naysayers better get the facts straight- petitions are being signed, moneys coming in, the campaign is well under way and HE will run it clean and honest, and will not partake in any dirty politics.....just his reputation, leadership, knowledge and his concern for this agencys employees and the countys citizens....We DONT need a politician or wanna be politician, its not about politics at this level, its about LAW ENFORCEMENT...What we need is a cop like us who cares about our families, our safety and wants us to again walk proud of who we are and the job we do....

HERLIHY 2008

08-29-2007, 03:43 AM
There are lots of candidates who are going to run. For me Dave G. is out, I'd rather a guy with some skeletons then a guy who has tried over and over again to be Sheriff and and Chief of other agencies and constantly rejected by the people we serve.
I am all for KH, and would definately consider LD or CL as other candidates. As for Herlihy, I've only met him once and he struck me as an old, salty grumpy guy. I've heard great things about him but he strikes me as a guy who is into favorites and grumpy as hell. Yes we want a LEO sheriff but politics does play a role in that position. I do not think Herlihy is very people friendly much less commisioner friendly and I think he will hurt us more then help us if he actually makes it through his term without any serious medical issues that preventhim from completing it. Just my .02

08-29-2007, 12:16 PM
HErlihy is a great guy but we know that will never happen. Some of these guys need to enjoy their pension and forget about all this stuff. That includes you two has beens Curt whatever your name is and bandwagon guy DG.

CH would be a great choice experienced in LE and politics. Just my .02

08-29-2007, 02:51 PM
From Flower Delivery Clerk turned Campus Security Guard to Sheriff? Ain't never gonna happen!

Sheriff Wannabee Dave

08-29-2007, 07:30 PM
HErlihy is a great guy but we know that will never happen. Some of these guys need to enjoy their pension and forget about all this stuff. That includes you two has beens Curt whatever your name is and bandwagon guy DG.

CH would be a great choice experienced in LE and politics. Just my .02

Are you referring to Kurt H.?