PDA

View Full Version : LCSO deputy not looking out for other cops?

08-26-2007, 09:59 PM
I heard that about 10 months ago an LCSO deputy found an off duty police officer in a car passed out in a parking lot.(he was drunk) The LCSO deputy called his supervisor, who then called the passed out officer's agency. The passed out officer's agency made the officer resign. I also heard that the passed out officer and the LCSO deputy went through the academy together. Is there any truth to this story, or just a rumor?

08-26-2007, 10:53 PM
Yes, this happened in Novemeber, I think

08-30-2007, 07:28 PM
YUP, THAT SGT. RUINED THAT KID"S CAREER. WAY TO GO LCSO!!!!! YOU SHOULD START POLICING YOURSELVES BEFORE SCREWING WITH SOMEONE ELSE.

09-01-2007, 02:04 PM
Don't blame LCSO, theres way more to the story your not getting, like it wasnt the first time that officer was caught doing that, you gotta draw the line somewhere, and how can you blame LCSO alls they did was call, the persons own agency made the decision.

09-02-2007, 01:57 AM
did this officer have a drinking problem?

09-09-2007, 02:54 PM
Yeah, his agency had him under investigation already because a few weeks earlier he was at a bar downtown flipping out his badge and screaming about how he was a cop and so he didn't have to pay and they couldn't cut him off for being to drunk. Good guy.

09-09-2007, 11:36 PM
That is not entirely true. The incident that happened downtown was not a few weeks before this current one, it was three months. The officer never said anything about not paying for drinks. The officer was not presently under any kind of investigation at the time of this incident. The officer in quesiton was not forced to resign, it was a voluntary seperation. There was no was no paperwork done on the incident with LCSO, and if there is not paperwork, it never happened. Now with that said, this person obviously had a problem with the drinking. I hope this person has taken stepd to correct that. I mean its not like he was banging girls in his patrol car behind 7-11's, or banging dispatchers in parks, or taking part in a strip show with other deputies. Lets not be so quick to judge.........

09-25-2007, 02:30 AM
FROM WHAT I SAW A FEW NIGHTS AGO, NO WONDER YOUR AGENCY HAS ISSSUES! WHAT I SAW, IF A DEPUTY FROM MY COUNTY HANDLED THE SAME SITUATION THE SAME WAY YOURS DID, WE WOULD NOT HAVE A JOB!!

TRUST ME MIKE SCOTT WOULD BE VERY UPSET!!!!

09-27-2007, 09:39 PM
LETS NOT FORGET THE DEPUTY WHO GOT CAUGHT SHAKING DOWN ILLEAGL IMMIGRANTS ON 10-50S..... "GOOD GUY". KINDA MAKES YOU THINK?

09-28-2007, 02:37 PM
I mean its not like he was banging girls in his patrol car behind 7-11's, or banging dispatchers in parks, or taking part in a strip show with other deputies. Lets not be so quick to judge.........

When did those things become wrong?

10-02-2007, 04:05 PM
Is it a common practice for LCSO to call everyone's place of employment that they deal with?

10-05-2007, 01:58 PM
Is it a common practice for LCSO to call everyone's place of employment that they deal with?

No, there's just not enough "old school" cops here. This agency is full of good ol' boy rednecks who believe everything they heard in the academy. Discretion is limited because many in our ranks do not think outside the box.

10-05-2007, 03:57 PM
So I am having trouble understanding this. Why did the Sgt. call this person's agency in the first place? This person never even recieved any citiations from this incident. Was this Sgt. just making a Fvck You Over phone call??

10-07-2007, 06:30 PM
Listen, the long and short of it is that you do not write cops, or call their agencies over a cop being passed out in a car in a parking lot. You write them and call their agencies over stuff like hitting their spouses, or doing drugs. You especially do not write cops under these circumstances if both of you attended the academy together. Not to mention the deputy that was involved in this was constantly tormenting and playing mean tricks on this poor guy in the academy.

You could even argue that this deputy gave this officer such a complex in the academy, that this could be a contributing factor for his drinking. (Now before some of you get all hot and bothered, I know that the deputy did not directly call this officer’s agency, but he could’ve stopped it, or at least tried to stop it)

Furthermore, after this whole incident is over with, you do not pick up the officer at his condo to take him to go get his car the next day. You also do not try to be all buddy-buddy with him by offering to buy his off-duty weapon during the aftermath of all this. This is SO unprofessional, it’s almost sickening.

(But of course none of this happened because there NO paperwork on it, right? I read that someone wrote that this has ruined this officer’s career. This could not be further from the truth. I know of at least two respected agencies where this officer has had job offers.)

We are all out there together trying to fight the good fight. We need to back each other on duty, and in some cases, protect each other off-duty. I feel that this was one of those cases. Please take care of each other down there. You never know when you will be the one who needs to be taken care of.

10-17-2007, 07:55 PM
That is kind of shady. Is it in their SOPs to call a person's place of employment to let them know that they are not writing their employee any citations and driving them home, and no other action will be taken?

10-17-2007, 08:10 PM
LCSO admin thinks they can do anything they want...some of these things will cost MS the election this time. The ghosts are just waiting to have the ok to come out of the closet. It will be fun to watch...

10-17-2007, 09:26 PM
police misconduct!

10-19-2007, 10:08 PM
Bump!

10-22-2007, 04:49 PM
This whole incident sounds like a real sh*t fest. It's bad enough that this supervisor called this person's agency, but then for the deputy to buy this person's off duty weapon after the incident, I am sorry, that is unprofessional and a bunch a of B.S.
Can someone please tell me the point of calling this person's place of employment to let them know they are only speaking with one of their employees? Now, if this is an SOP for this ageny, than it's ok, but if it's not, then no phone call was necessary.
Not to mention it looks pretty silly for LCSO to call where this person works and then not give the person any citations, and from what is said here, drive them home. It looks REALLY, REALLY, REALLY, bad for this deputy to then buy the off duty weapon. That is corrupt, and these people should be hel accountable for their actions.

10-27-2007, 03:26 PM
LCSO is so sketchy, and this is a great example of it. Does anyone think that this former officer has an actionable case against LCSO for slander or defamtion of charector because that **** of a Sgt. Called his agency. I think it might stand up because no citations were issued. And with the mess that transpired later, he might have a case. LCSO is ruining law enforcement!

10-27-2007, 04:21 PM
Oh, I almost forgot, during this mess of an "investigation," this person was detained(surrounded by two deputys). That means he was not able to leave on his own free will. Along with this, he was questioned. Anyone who has ever spent time in law enforcement knows under these circumstances, the person in question must be Mirandized. That never happened. In fact, this person on numerous occasions asked to speak to counsel(union rep), and was not permitted to. That is a very actionable case. Good luck to those two deputys.

10-28-2007, 06:24 PM
For one miranda has to do with interrogation and self incrimination, you dont have to read miranda to every person you detain and even bring to jail. Anyone in law enforcement knows that. Also, if this was the first incident with this individual officer i could see it being a slap on the wrist; but this officer was still on probation and had a serious incident just like this one prior to it, so where do you draw the line??? This was his second incident of this type, that says to me he is a risk and by keeping him employed you are jeopardizing your own job.

10-28-2007, 11:47 PM
He was interrogated for several minutes. He should have been mirandized. It was a custodial interview. No one on here is disputing the fact that person made a mistake and probably has/had on heck of a drinking problem. I think what is being questioned is the actions of the deputys during and afte the investigation You really can not make an arguement in the favor of the deputy when he went out and bought this guy's gun the next day after all this. And I know it has been said before, but this person quit his job, he was not fired. And if it was such a big deal, he never would have been hired by other LE agencies.

11-01-2007, 12:27 AM
You morons, custodial interviews or asking questions don't have to be mirandized. BUT you can't use them in a court prosecution. Since no charges are mentioned here, or even citations, miranda has nothing to do with it. You can question custodial contacts ALL you want, just dont expect the responses to be in the criminal case against them. DUH There is NO law or rule against questioning people in custody without miranda. Only doing so and then trying to use the statements against them IN COURT.

11-01-2007, 02:14 AM
Who really cares anyway? It sucks it happened, but it sounds like all parties are doing just fine. Live and learn.

11-06-2007, 09:28 AM
OK, FIRST OF ALL THIS IS THE LCSO DEPUTY WHO AL OF YOU WANT TO RAG ABOUT, AND INSTEAD OF ALL OF YOU RUNNING WITH A RUMOR THAT YOU HAVE NO IDEA ABOUT BECAUSE NONE OF YOU WERE THERE SHUT UP AND LISTEN.....

I WAS DRIVING UP A MAJOR ROAD AND SAW THE FMPD OFFICER AT A DEAD STOP " IN THE MIDDLE OF A ROAD " IN AN AREA OF ALOT OF CAR BURGLARIES AND NOTICED THAT THE CARS BRAKE LIGHTS KEPT LIGHTENING UP. I PULLED UP BEHIND THE CAR AND CHECKED MYSELF OUT WITH A SUSPICIOUS VEHICLE. WHEN I WALKED UPTO THE VEHICLE I SAW A GUY SITTING IN THE DRIVERS SEAT WITH THE CAR STILL RUNNING AND HE WAS SLUMPED OVER TOWARDS THE PASSENGERS SIDE. WHEN I SPOKE TO HIM IDENTIFING MYSELF, BEFORE I KNEW WHO HE WAS, I GOT STARTLED AS IF I WOKE HIM UP. HE THEN STATED THAT HE WAS A COP AND NEEDED HELP GETTING HOME BECAUSE HE WAS SO F@@KED UP AND COULDN'T DRIVE ANY FURTHER.

WHEN I SAW WHO HE WAS I PUT MY FLASHLIGHT ON MYSELF SO HE COULD SEE ME SO HE WOULD THINK THAT HE WAS OK. HE CALLED ME BY MY NAME AND THEN SAID THANK GOD IT'S YOU CAN YOU HEPL MY GET HOME I AM SO WASTED. WHEN I ASKED HIM HOW HE GOT WHERE HE WAS HE HAD NO RECOLECTION OF WHERE HE EVEN WAS. NOT TO MENTION THAT HE HAD HIS FIREARM WITH HIM. I TOLD HIM TO GET INTO MY CAR AND THAT I WOULD GET HIM HOME. AFTER 20 MINUTES OF STANDING IN THE ROAD ARGUEING WITH HIM THAT I WAS NOT GOING TO LET HIM DRIVE AWAY HE FINALLY GOT INTO MY CAR, I THEN PARKED HIS CAR IN A SAFE LOCATION, SECURED HIS FIREARM IN MY TRUNK ,AND THEN STARTED TO DRIVE 20 MINUTES OUT OF MY ZONE WHEN HE TOTALLY FORGOT WHER HE LIVED. I HAD TO RERUN THE VEHICLE TAG TO GET THE ADDRESS WHICH ONLY GAVE HIS BUILDING # NO APARTMENT #.

AFTER GETTING THE ADDRESS WE HEADED THERE, I ASKED HIM WHAT APARTMENT WAS HIS AND AGAIN HE HAD NO IDEA SO WE SAT THERE IN HIS JOINED DRIVEWAY TRYING TO FIGURE OUT WHAT DOOR TO GOTO. SO 2 ½ HOURS LATER I HAD NO CHOICE BUT CALL MY SUPERVISOR. WHEN HE ARIVED I EXPLAINED HOW THE OFFICER WAS A GOOD GUY AND THE HOLE STORY STRESSING THE FACT THAT ALL I WANT T DO IS GET HIM HOME AND NOTHING ELSE. MY SGT. WENT TO TALK TO THE OFFICER AND ASKED FOR HIS APTARTMENT NUMBER. THE OFFICER LOOKED AT HIM AND THEN TOLD HIM “NO I’M NOT TELLING YOU”

THIS OF COURSE PISSED HIM OFF A LITTLE BIT. SO SINCE HE WE COULD NOT FIND THE APT # MY SGT. CLLED HIS DEPARTMENT AND ONLY STATED THAT WE WERE WITH ONE OF HIS OFFICERS AND NEEDED TO GET HIM INTO HIS APARTMENT AND ASKED IF THEY HAD ONE FOR HIM. THEY THEN STATED THAT THEY DIDN’T EVEN HAVE THAT ADDRESS LISTED FOR HIM. AS WE THEN BEGAN TALKING TRYING TO FIGURE OUT ANOTHER OPTION TO GET HIM A PLACE TO STAY FOR THE NIGHT, I EVEN BEGAN TO CONSIDER LETTING HIM STAY AT MY PLACE FOR THE NIGHT, HE WALKED OVER WITH HIS CELL PHONE IN HAND ATTEMPTING TO STICK IT IN MY SGT.’S FACE SAYING HERE TALK TO MY PBA REP THEN WALKED AWAY TELLING HIM THAT WE WERE ARRESTING HIM AND HUNG UP. SHORTLY THERE AFTER HE STARTED TO SOBER UP, OF COURSE 3 HOURS LATER, AND WAS ABLE TO POINT OUT HIS APTARTMENT. SO WE GOT HIM INTO HIS APARTMENT THEN WALKED OUT TO OUR CAR TO LEAVE WHEN HE THEN WALKED OUT THROUGH THE GARAGE AND STARTED AGAIN. SO ONCE AGAIN I HAD TO TALK HIM BACK INTO HIS RESIDENCE ALONG WITH TELLING HIM, EVEN AFTER EVERYTHING THAT I ALREADY DID FOR HIM, TO CALL ME IN THE MORNING AND I WOULD DRIVE OUT OF MY WAY TO DRIVE HIE BACK TO PICK UP HIS CAR.

THE NEXT DAY HE CALLED ME TO TELL ME THAT THEY GAVE HIM THE OPTION TO EITHER RESIGN OR HAVE AN INVESTIGATION OPENED UP AND BE FIRED SO HE RESIGNED. HE THEN TOLD ME THAT HE WAS GOING TO GET A COUPLE HUNDRED DOLLARS FOR HIS OFF DUTY GUN AT A PAWN SHOP SO I GAVE HIM $ 100.00 MORE THEN THEY WERE GOING TO.

HE SAID HE WAS GOING TO MOVE BACK TO NEW YORK AND I EVEN CONVINCED HIM TO NOT GIVE UP AND TO APPLY WITH NYPD AND EVEN TALKED TO THE BACK GROUND INVESTIGATOR FOR HIM HELPING HIM. HE EVEN CALLED ME THANKING ME FOR ALL THAT I DID FOR HIM WHILE HE ACTED LIKE A COMPLETE ASS, THESE WERE HIS WORDS.

SO TO ALL OF YOU THAT WANT TO JUMP THE BAND WAGON OF RUMOR LAND SCREW OFF. TO EVERYONE THAT NEW SOMEWHAT OF THE STORY AND BACKED ME, THANK YOU FOR LOOKING OUT FOR YOUR FELLOW OFFICER JUST AS I DID!!!

If this person placed himself in the position where he jeopardized the safety of not only himself but he other driver on the road, then he should feel lucky that all he had to do was quit his job. If some of you don’t forget a person in his very condition is how one of our Deputies got killed. If he truly wanted to stay in law enforcement than he should have had enough respect for himself than to get behind the wheel of the vehicle in that condition.

11-06-2007, 02:37 PM
So, now I am intrigued......whatever happened to this person?

11-06-2007, 03:57 PM
he moved back to new york and is supposed to be working for another department... don't know which one!

Ten8hotel
11-09-2007, 12:57 AM
And some cops are so confused when we actually arrest other cops when they put us in these positions.

11-19-2007, 07:28 PM
I believe that the LCSO deputy did the right thing. What if that deputy, or one of his buddies, would've given the intoxicated officer a ride home? A few hours later, the intoxicated officer manages to get back to his car, make entry, drive off, and ends up killing a family of 4 on their way home from church. Imagine what the community, media, and the rest of thw world would say about that deputy who was negligent in possibly saving innocent lives. "Damned if you do, damned if you don't." :x

11-20-2007, 04:53 PM
THAT'S ALL THEY DID WAS DRIVE HIM HOME. THIS IFFICER QUIT HIS JOB ON HIS OWN.

11-30-2007, 02:27 AM
LCSO DEPUTY,

You sound like a hell of a guy.......but man you cant write to save your life MENG!

12-02-2007, 08:55 PM
Thank you!

I just hate when people take a B.S. story and run with it. Since no one else was there then why must you try to sit there and say how you, or I, have handled the situation. It’s just like watching all the training video’s out there and you say how the situation should have been handled. Everyone has their own thought process. I've been in Law Enforcement for 6 yrs now and unless a life or my job was in jeopardy then I will and always did do my best to correct the issue before I make another cop loss his or her job. So now why don’t we all get over this story and move on with your lives...

BE SAFE AND MAKE SURE WE ALL GET HOME SAFE TONIGHT AND EVERYNIGHT! WATCH OVER OUR BROTHERS AND SISTERS NO MATTER IF YOU LIKE THEM OR NOT, WERE ALL FAMILY NOW. TREAT THEM THE WAY YOU WOULD WANT THEM TO TREAT YOU IF YOU WERE IN THEIR SHOES!

01-08-2008, 01:18 AM
Thank you!

I just hate when people take a B.S. story and run with it. Since no one else was there then why must you try to sit there and say how you, or I, have handled the situation. It’s just like watching all the training video’s out there and you say how the situation should have been handled. Everyone has their own thought process. I've been in Law Enforcement for 6 yrs now and unless a life or my job was in jeopardy then I will and always did do my best to correct the issue before I make another cop loss his or her job. So now why don’t we all get over this story and move on with your lives...

BE SAFE AND MAKE SURE WE ALL GET HOME SAFE TONIGHT AND EVERYNIGHT! WATCH OVER OUR BROTHERS AND SISTERS NO MATTER IF YOU LIKE THEM OR NOT, WERE ALL FAMILY NOW. TREAT THEM THE WAY YOU WOULD WANT THEM TO TREAT YOU IF YOU WERE IN THEIR SHOES!

Wow! Six whole years? I'm surprised you haven't been snatched up by Baltimore or Houston or Las Vegas as Chief of Police or someting. No kidding? Six years. Maybe you can get your own column in Police Magazine or host Deadliest Cop Videos 2008. My goodness...six years.

01-08-2008, 06:06 PM
c'mon, don't be rude to the guy. he did what he thought he had to do. plus it was his supervisor who called, not him.

02-04-2008, 04:36 AM
LCSO deputy, you did the right thing the right way and you should be commended for how you handled the situation. The FMPD guy was wrong and there is no denying that. People come on here acting like you arrested him and hauled him off to jail after writing him 10 cites and beating the crap out of him or something. You did everything that you could. His actions are not your fault. You may have even saved this guys life or someone else’s by getting him off the road. Also I saw where someone blasted you for your writing. I also am not the best in grammar and spelling so I always write out my post in MS Word and then spell check before copying and pasting it to the message board. Keep up the good work and six years is nothing to be ashamed of.

Fellow deputy from Palm Beach

02-06-2008, 03:09 PM
FIRST OFF, I WOULD LIKE TO SAY THAT I COULD REALLY CARE LESS ABOUT THIS SITUATION, IT DOESN'NT AFFECT ONE WAY OR THE OTHER. BUT I FEEL THAT IF THIS SITUATION WARRENTED A PHONE CALL TO THIS PERSON'S AGENCY, EVEN IF IT WAS JUST TO GET THE ADRESS OF THIS PERSON, THEN FURTHUR ACTION SHOULD HAVE BEEN TAKEN.

IN MY MIND, YOU EITHER LET THE GUY OFF WITHOUT ANY PHONE CALLS, OR YOU DO YOU YOUR JOB AND TAKE APPROPIATE ACTION. YOU CAN NOT HAVE IT BOTH WAYS. IF THE MEDIA GOT A HOLD OF THIS SITUATION WHERE A POLICE OFFICER WAS LET OUT OF THIS WITHOUT ANYTHING HAPPENING TO HIM, IT WOULD BE A TOTAL MESS FOR LCSO. THE SHERIFF DOES NOT LIKE BAD MEDIA ATTENTION.......

02-07-2008, 02:28 AM
ughhh? Do you know what discretion is?

He took an impaired driver off the streets. This is where discretion comes in.
You can book 'em or in the case of the Police Officer, drive them home.

Either way the problem is solved.
You can't do your job worrying about the perception of the public or the media. What do they know about LE? Are they wearing a star on their chest? Are they FI'ing criminal at 2AM down some side alley and keeping the public safe?
The media can go shove it.

When bullets start flying, we will be there for each other 100% to help a brother out!
Is the media going to be there? Yes, except they will have a camera in your face, which doesn't help you one bit.

Just do your job faithfully, reasonably, justifiably, and everything is going to be ok.

03-16-2008, 04:53 AM
You can book 'em or in the case of the Police Officer, drive them home.

So u arrest a citizen and let a cop get away with it?? that sounds like unequal justice. If u do it for a cop it should be done for others. peace out!!!

03-18-2008, 09:45 PM
And you know that deputy totally got off on this too.....he was always picking on this guy in the academy!

03-21-2008, 12:51 AM
I'm a Collier County Deputy (residing in Lee County)...
I must say - you guys do a pretty good job protecting your fellow brothers. I"ve been pulled over many times for speeding by you guys and got "verbals" from all but one. One of you guys actually gave me a written warning (while I was in uniform)... But hey - I deserved it! If you (or any other officer) arrest me for dui or ticket me for speeding - I DESERVE IT!! I would never do it to another officer but I can not and would not resent you if YOU did it to me...
We (ALL OF US) should not be going around as if we're "untouchable"... Lets not be ****y and "above the law"... if we play - be prepared to pay! Thanks your lucky stars if you get an officer that treats you like a brother as this one has to the FMPD Officer! Thank you!
Thanks for you deputy's patroling S.R. 82 at about 3am, also!!!

03-21-2008, 07:32 PM
I GUESS I AM THE MINORITY HERE, BUT I STRONGLY FEEL THAT YOU EITHER 10-15 THE PERSON, OR LET THEM GO WITHOUT CALLING THE PERSON'S PLACE OF EMPLOYMENT. IF THIS PERSON WAS A PLUMBER OR SOMETHING ELSE, I CAN GUARANTEE THAT HIS JOB WOULD NOT GET CALLED.

03-22-2008, 07:50 AM
Obviously some of you haven't worked law enforcement long enough to have attended a fellow officers funeral after he was killed by a drunk driver. You probably haven't attended a M.A.D.D. candelight vigil and watched as a small child lights a candle in memory of their mother or father that's been killed by a drunk driver. I'm all for professional courtesy, but a DUI isn't an offense I'd cut a break on. If a drunk driver killed a member of your family would you be more forgiving if he was a cop ? I think not. Arresting a fellow officer is a hard thing to do, but if you're out drinking and driving you're not fit to wear a badge. Good job to the deputy for having the moral fortitude to make a difficult arrest.

03-23-2008, 05:24 AM
No arrest was made. Voluntary resignation. Everyone who was invovled still has a career. I am sure a lesson was learned, and I am sure the people involved have moved on with their lives.

03-24-2008, 08:14 AM
I think were drawing conclusions too. Professional courtesy here 100%. I would never write a brother cop for speeding or anything like that. DUI is a hard one. I dont think any officer would pull a brother out of the car and arrest him for smelling beer, heck were all guilty here of driving home after drinking a few beers at the bar. I think what were all talking about is DUI as in you pull over a cop who is way to drunk to be driving. You pull over a cop for some minor little thing, i wouldnt even investigate further. You pull him over becuase he is too drunk to maintain a lane, than yeah he shouldnt have been driving. BUt i dont htink anyone here would arrest a fellow officer for simply having a few drinks and driving.

03-26-2008, 05:09 PM
I wonder why the other cop he was with that night let him drive.........

04-09-2008, 04:09 PM
THAT'S ALMOST AS BAD AS ACTUALLY DRIVING DRUNK. THAT GUY SHOULD "RESIGN" AS WELL.

AND BEFORE PEOPLE TAKE THIS GUY'S SIDE......AS POLICE OFFICER, YOU HAVE A DUTY TO ACT EVEN IF OFF DUTY.

04-13-2008, 07:39 PM
Who cares? That was the best thing that ever happened to this guy. He is way better and way more sucessful now than he was back then.

05-06-2008, 05:42 PM
lets just say "there was a pattern.....lol" the kid was an idiot anyway who would have just gotten a good cop hurt if he did some how manage to get pushed through the fto progam......

05-07-2008, 03:49 AM
As stated before, his career is just fine.

05-15-2008, 06:24 AM
LCSO likes to call your supervisor for speeding on a motorcycle. Guy was completley sober, just driving his bike a little to fast. Common curtesy would have been to tell him to stop driving like an idiot and let him go. But LCSO likes to make mountains out of ant hills.

Oh well, I guess some look out for others and some don't.

05-15-2008, 01:18 PM
Look at the FMPD forum on this site. They did this guy a favor. He has to better off now.

09-10-2008, 05:59 AM
I GUESS I AM THE MINORITY HERE, BUT I STRONGLY FEEL THAT YOU EITHER 10-15 THE PERSON, OR LET THEM GO WITHOUT CALLING THE PERSON'S PLACE OF EMPLOYMENT. IF THIS PERSON WAS A PLUMBER OR SOMETHING ELSE, I CAN GUARANTEE THAT HIS JOB WOULD NOT GET CALLED.

lol, If this guy was a plumber i can guarantee you he would have been arrested for DUI and run down to the sally port of the Lee County Jail for processing and booking.

The dudes damned lucky to have been able to resign as if nothing happened.

09-20-2008, 05:13 PM
Listen, the long and short of it is that you do not write cops, or call their agencies over a cop being passed out in a car in a parking lot. You write them and call their agencies over stuff like hitting their spouses, or doing drugs. You especially do not write cops under these circumstances if both of you attended the academy together. Not to mention the deputy that was involved in this was constantly tormenting and playing mean tricks on this poor guy in the academy.

You could even argue that this deputy gave this officer such a complex in the academy, that this could be a contributing factor for his drinking. (Now before some of you get all hot and bothered, I know that the deputy did not directly call this officer’s agency, but he could’ve stopped it, or at least tried to stop it)

If this officer is so timid that he can't handle a few pranks and it drove him to a drinking problem as you suggest, this man has no business being a cop. Period. Cops need to have a little backbone.

Furthermore, after this whole incident is over with, you do not pick up the officer at his condo to take him to go get his car the next day. You also do not try to be all buddy-buddy with him by offering to buy his off-duty weapon during the aftermath of all this. This is SO unprofessional, it’s almost sickening.

(But of course none of this happened because there NO paperwork on it, right? I read that someone wrote that this has ruined this officer’s career. This could not be further from the truth. I know of at least two respected agencies where this officer has had job offers.)

We are all out there together trying to fight the good fight. We need to back each other on duty, and in some cases, protect each other off-duty. I feel that this was one of those cases. Please take care of each other down there. You never know when you will be the one who needs to be taken care of.

It is attitudes like yours that gives the profession a bad name. I am so embarrassed by cops like you.

09-20-2008, 09:57 PM
As a citizen and taxpayer I am extremely disturbed by what I am reading here. First off I would like to know why this puke wasnt in hancuffs, second I am totally disgusted by the fact that some of you actually say he should have had no reprocussions whatsoever. Anyone else would have been charged with DUI. Its just unbelievable how you guys cover for one another.
I have a friend who just recently graduated from the academy. We were friends for many years. Not anymore. Now since he has become a a Johnny badass he acts like he is better than everyone. Recently I was informed by him that he and other cadets had a tazer party. I was blown away because of the recent activity with our fellow scumbag officer Mike Detar and his corrupt family.
You guys should also be ashamed of all the inter department spouse cheating that goes on.
No wonder people call you guys pigs.

09-27-2008, 06:42 PM
As a citizen and taxpayer I am extremely disturbed by what I am reading here. First off I would like to know why this puke wasnt in hancuffs, second I am totally disgusted by the fact that some of you actually say he should have had no reprocussions whatsoever. Anyone else would have been charged with DUI. Its just unbelievable how you guys cover for one another.
I have a friend who just recently graduated from the academy. We were friends for many years. Not anymore. Now since he has become a a Johnny badass he acts like he is better than everyone. Recently I was informed by him that he and other cadets had a tazer party. I was blown away because of the recent activity with our fellow scumbag officer Mike Detar and his corrupt family.
You guys should also be ashamed of all the inter department spouse cheating that goes on.
No wonder people call you guys pigs.

Shut up and mind your own business. Why should we be ashamed about guys banging other guys' wives? That doesn't go on in other places? Please. You might want to make sure your old lady isn't leaving the back slider unlocked when you leave for work. As for MD, he didn't do anything wrong. The only reason it even became an issue was because it happened in an election year.

Now please leave our board and go post messages on the Whiny Little Snitches board or wherever it is you usually rant and rave.

12-04-2008, 04:19 PM
Now be nice :roll: