PDA

View Full Version : State of the UNION

08-25-2007, 01:46 PM
I am excited about the new union hall, but did I here correctly that we (dues paying members) are going to invest $20,000 to upgrade the new RENTAL property? How long of a lease was signed? If so.........that is absolutly ridiculous. Can we take the new AC unit and upgrades with us when we move? Spending that amount of money needs to be brought before ALL the members and not only a few who attended the last meeting.

Another great move by our so called leader who is now trying to divide the unions. Thought you were all about the "brotherhood"? Please don't respond with another religious sermon. :roll:

08-25-2007, 08:00 PM
Instead of bashing the guy and the FOP get off your a$$ and help us move, fix up the new place, ect instead of coming on here and being an internet gangster.

The memebership knows when the meeting are but they dont attend. Gather the troops up since you have so much free time and have them attend a meeting. Instead of *****ing why dont YOU step up to the plate and help out.

08-25-2007, 08:18 PM
Oh, Angry Brother –

Alas this was brought before the membership. In June the membership decided to unanimously not renew the lease of our current lodge. Suggestions for locations and ideas were then brought to the membership via the meeting and the FOP email system. But alas you or nobody else came to the front. This was again done in the July meeting and the July FOP email system, again with no input. At this point Brother Dewitt and Brother Johnson were tasked with the new lodge and the renovations, which were brought to the membership, and the funds saved in rent would be utilized to provide the renovation and construction costs. Brother Dewitt and Brother Johnson then received input from others on the direction of the gym and other amenities and hired a contractor who could complete the work with the time constraints placed on them. They spent countless hours of their own time in meetings and purchasing supplies all with the membership’s blessing. Brother Dewitt spent countless hours itemizing and reviewing expenditures in an effort to save money and construction cost, all the time making sure it was done up to code and ordinance. The work then started and Brother Johnson spent every waking day at the new lodge prior to his shift trying to create an atmosphere at the new lodge that members would be proud to call home. But alas you were no where to be found, except in the shadows criticizing and spewing your hatred for those who you held contempt with. You could have served others and the membership, but alas you did not. You could have run for office and served others and the membership, but alas you did not. Once the renovations and the lodge started to take place more brothers came out to assist and offer what services they could, but alas you did not. I will not let you dishonor their passion and commitment to this lodge or to the membership in which they serve. They do this because of servitude and because brothers and sisters did it before them, putting others before themselves. “And I have been a constant example of how you can help those in need by working hard. You should remember the words of the Lord Jesus: ‘It is more blessed to give than to receive.’” Acts 20:35
As far as division of the Unions, that is only what you do with your venomous tongue and hatred for those who serve. Unfortunately your misguided anger and ambitions for promotion have hardened you to the brotherhood and kindness of others. I will not renounce my faith in the Lord, nor will I apologize or be politically correct in my faith. This Country was founded for religious freedom and men died on foreign shores for that precious right. I served my Country and I know what it is to walk on the hallowed grounds of those who have paid the ultimate price for freedom. “Freedom has a taste so sweet that the protected will never know.”
"But ask the wild animals, and they will teach you. Ask the birds of the heavens, and let them tell you. Or speak to the earth, and let it teach you. Let the fish of the sea make it known to you. Who among all these does not know that the hand of the Lord has done this? In His hand is the life of every living thing and the breath of all men. Job 12:7-10
I am broken and flawed and fall short of the Glory of Christ. I and others serve on the board not for promotion or recognition and we do not do it without fault, but I do not again think that this forum is the arena in which to display it. Good luck, and maybe with the new lodge you will return and see what can be done if we put our energy into solidarity and brotherhood, not division and strife.

Semper Fi

Walser

08-26-2007, 03:34 PM
Well are you going to answer the original posts questions or dance around the subject with your religious beliefs? Are we really sinking that much cash into a 1 year lease that is nothing buy rental property? That does not sound very smart to me either.

You are on the road to damaging this union and making backroom deals with the city that in time will not be fixable. Don't lie like you did in front of us at that last meeting and say that everyone was kept up to speed with the pension issues/off duty program. One day if I am lucky enough to get promoted, I do not want to be limited in my off duty opportunities.

Just the facts like the original post described, I am also a proud veteran but dont hide behind or try and push my religious beleifs on everyone. Come on already.................

08-27-2007, 02:22 AM
With all of that money being thrown around I guess we should be getting that savings account check any day now or is that account still "Frozen" for lack of funds.

The always buying the hamburger today and will pay you next Tuesday attitude is why we can't pay the members their contributions. That problem is Not this Board's fault and I totaly agree with us not renewing that terrible lease we had. My issue would be that we probably could have enjoyed saving as much money as we could for a little while instead of sinking that kind of money into a one year lease. If management ever decides to cut us out of next year's lease we can't recover a lot of the assets nor the payment for work done.

My bad for not attending the last several meetings but I would have hoped somebody on the board would show some financial prudence.
Somebody ? Anybody ? Bueller ? Bueller?

08-27-2007, 02:39 AM
Both recent posts sounds like logical questions. Wouldn't it have been great if you would have came to the meetng to voice/discuss them? ???? But isn't easier to sit behind your computer at home and bash the president and board members for trying to do what they were elected to do? I wasn't at the meeting to vote and therefore I do not have an opinion on the new lodge. Neither do you two. Of course you can have an opinion, but don't voice it behind closed doors. Let's hear about them in the next meeting. To be honest, I am not into the religious quotes/comments, but I voted for the board members and until I hear FACTS to support bad decisions that effect us, I will support them for the better of this union. Try it, it's not that hard.

08-27-2007, 09:49 AM
Are you kidding me Walser? I see everything in your response but an answer to the questions. It seems hard to believe that dropping 20,000 dollars into a lease property that we will never own is a financial benefit to our union. The “come to the meeting” song and dance has been played out. The board needs to find an alternative to conduct the distribution of information and provide voting opportunities. It is 2007 and technology permits many ways to accomplish these feats without having your members drive from the tri-county area to downtown Clearwater. Having fifteen members vote on a 20,000 commitment is irresponsible.

You are the face of this union and you should take a much more professional approach. Your written response on this public site is embarrassing and brings into question your ability to hold the position of president. Your religious rants are totally inappropriate and should not be on public display, for you represent US not you.

08-27-2007, 01:23 PM
It's time to start thinking about electing a new FOP President........anyone interested? :idea:

08-27-2007, 02:24 PM
"It is not the critic who counts: not the man who points out how the strong man stumbles or where the doer of deeds could have done better. The credit belongs to the man who is actually in the arena, whose face is marred by dust and sweat and blood, who strives valiantly, who errs and comes up short again and again, because there is no effort without error or shortcoming, but who knows the great enthusiasms, the great devotions, who spends himself for a worthy cause; who, at the best, knows, in the end, the triumph of high achievement, and who, at the worst, if he fails, at least he fails while daring greatly, so that his place shall never be with those cold and timid souls who knew neither victory nor defeat."
Theodore Roosevelt
April 23, 1910

08-27-2007, 09:28 PM
T. Roosevelt meant for this quote to be used for honorable men who are in harms way physically. You have clearly used it in the wrong context here in defense of the prez.

08-27-2007, 10:37 PM
WOW, I thought I was the only one who thought the religious speeches and the semper fi stuff was not in good taste.

08-27-2007, 10:57 PM
Unfortunately you have not cracked a history book. You believe the quote is related to a soldier in harms way, but that is only because you see that quote often under the picture of a U.S. soldier in the rice patties of Vietnam. The speech was actually delivered in Sorbonne, Paris France in reference to a struggling Republic. We has a Nation at that time were becoming more global and moving away from a policy of isolationism. Our forefathers struggled with these same ideals and criticisms that Roosevelt was making reference to, as administration also did. So prior to engaging your mouth or computer skills you might want to have knowledge of the subject you want to speak on, otherwise you can be considered brainless and bitter.

08-28-2007, 12:16 PM
Very good misdirection play with the Teddy quote and the history lesson. Now how about we get back to the 20k and BA52 response by the prez.

08-28-2007, 01:18 PM
Why don't you whiners step up to the plate and see if you can do better. All i see here is a bunch of complainers and no takers. If you can do a better job stop the lip service and do it. The Prez and the rest of the board so far have done well for the union. Give it a rest already. If you are having issues go to the next meeting and voice your opinion, oh, but that would mean you would have to reveal yourself. I tell you what, I'll go to the next meeting and admit to my postings can you say you would do the same, probably not. All things were voted on and everyone is kept informed of the other issues. Read your emails or go to meetings, otherwise stop the whining game. This is what you all sound like "What's in it for me?" "how will it better me?" "I don't want to do anything I just want it all." Complaining gets you no where......If you feel you can get the job done and do it without being critisized then bring it on. Stop the BITTERNESS, its tiresome and it goes nowhere.

08-28-2007, 01:30 PM
Wow...how original...you think of that all by yourself??? Go scribble somemore...

08-28-2007, 02:50 PM
Better yet...why don't you go somewhere else whiner.

08-28-2007, 07:22 PM
Sincere thanks to all who has worked and is still working on the new hall. I was in it the other day and think it is a great move that will save us money in th long run. We didn't need the big expensive elephant we were donating to before. This is a nice change for the better. Just like to say "THANKS" and I appreciate the effort and thnk it was a right move. As for the money spent, we are going to be in it for a long time it appears, so why not invest in something decent. If you don't like it, come out to a meeting and thrown around your better ideas....Don't ***** about decisions or problems and not have a better idea...Makes you look like an idiot

08-28-2007, 08:13 PM
Whose the idiot? Try spell check or a dictionary next time you post.

08-28-2007, 08:36 PM
Mr. cheese and whine is so brave he will wait until the next meeting then reveal his or her identity. What is the matter with now?? You like to hide too???

08-28-2007, 08:56 PM
Guest.......Nice response...Spell check comment...Atleast you make my point...IDIOT

08-29-2007, 11:30 AM
I want the last word......Now go away.

08-29-2007, 11:42 AM
Who knows better about spelling and punctuation then an "Ofc." thats why so many reports gets bounced back or maybe were just idiots. I think the later of the 2 is correct. God, it must feel nice to be perfect. Oh no, I used religious reference. Get a life already.

08-29-2007, 01:24 PM
What a buncha bickering little b1tches. Don't worry about all this crap...it'll all be a moot point soon once some of you get to wear the star...

08-29-2007, 02:32 PM
As I said before I want the last word.......Bye bye! :evil:

08-29-2007, 08:46 PM
The green shirts are coming, the green shirts are coming!!

08-29-2007, 09:55 PM
Aren't they white shirts with green patches? Moran!!!

08-29-2007, 10:33 PM
Look closer, some are, some aren't. MORAN???

09-01-2007, 04:01 PM
Topics of discussion should be limited to the actual matter at hand. I'm interested in learning more about the FOP office and what's going on behind the scenes then a Sunday sermon. Sorry, but the two don't mix in this arena. I'm all about the freedom of speech, your messages etc., just take it to the proper congregation. Thank you.

09-01-2007, 04:13 PM
I said I WANT THE LAST WORD.....!