PDA

View Full Version : Marine Unit

ReelsouthernLeo
08-25-2007, 06:07 AM
Anyone heard what is going on in that unit?

08-25-2007, 11:31 AM
do tell...

08-25-2007, 01:06 PM
Same old crap. Only one or two actually does all the work while all the others work hard at trying to avoid work. That is one unit that needs to get rid of the Drift Wood!

The doctors advice:

Take two shots of your favorite spirit,
Turn the alternates into full-time and have the drift woods become alternates,
Call DJ0194 and exclaim the Cubans are coming, the Cubans are coming!

ReelsouthernLeo
08-25-2007, 07:57 PM
Now that's funny! I agree with your assesment. Let some guys in there that want to be there and do the job.

08-27-2007, 12:25 AM
dj, 0194, needs to retire!!!!!

08-28-2007, 06:46 PM
For what 194 is making in DROP, he will DROP dead before he retires early.....better not hold your breath because you will die before he does.

08-29-2007, 03:07 PM
And.... just in case your smooth brains have not figured it out.....DJ0194 carries that 3-digit original ID number because he was knocking heads and holding the line before most of you retards were born. I am sure he is going to retire in due course when the DROP runs out, but until he does I am sure nobody in your sorry ranks are man enough to knock him off the hill. He still does not need any help filling out his jock strap. Nuf said.

08-29-2007, 08:20 PM
I looked up his stats....you are funny...go ahead...look up his career stats...

08-29-2007, 08:35 PM
Most of the marine unit has been converted to the dark side and is chasing tribal art tatoos. JW has no room to talk, as he is not God's gift to Marine or to the CCSO.

08-30-2007, 09:03 AM
At least JW has the balls to work and will actually respond to calls unlike the old guys who work harder to get out of work than just doing some work. Just because JW is willing to work does not make him God's gift to anything. If anyone in that unit thinks they are God's gift to anything it would be DJ0194. His ego and mouth are bigger than most of that units waist line.

Hey Guest, how about just requesting an immdiate transfer to Bailiff's and stop annoying everyone with your idle threats to leave the unit. And "No one too" what an accurate assesment of yourself for a screen name. I am also impressed with your cander for publicly admitting that you know how much is needed to fill DJ0194 jock strap. That takes some balls...no pun intended

08-30-2007, 10:27 PM
From what I have heard recently it sounds like there is a group of deputies in that unit that want to work....and a few individuals that have put in a lot of years and either aren't willing or able to continue to the next level in the future.

Those individuals deserve all of the respect and courtesy that goes along with over twenty years of faithful service. Unfortunately, they have chosen to let themselves lapse into mediocrity instead of keeping up with the times and moving into the future. We all make choices and that is everyone's option.

As for Guest's quote about tribal tattoo's and God's Gift to Marine. I happen to know jw, jv, and js because I work the same side of the week and I have never gotten the impression from any of them that they are looking to move up the chain of command with a tattoo or that any of them had a God's Gift mentality. They appear to enjoy their jobs and are happy to help anyone who asks.

08-31-2007, 01:12 AM
i am not two up on thee gowings on in marine but i do no most of the marine guys. it is a big bigg misteak to judge a deputy by the amounnt of wurk he does. sum of the cerrent marine guys arre morre valuable for what they knows and are reaady to do and are capabble of doing. dezpite the bu current regimeses focus on stats its not all about statts. if i wanted to go get bad bad guys on the oshun those older guys are who i wood take. if i wanted rescued in my boat i hope the ollder guys show up speacially if it is at nite. the knewer guys on the unite are good too but they coould learn so much from the veterans. it is not all abou t stats or at leest it should not be all abowt statts. leadershiip and super vision have a big role to playe in it too. in meny ways the marine unnit is a microscosm of the hole agency. hey did i just say microcosm?

did you theenk i would go without saying that itts time for a new sherif and a new amdministration? 8)

08-31-2007, 03:47 AM
if it is not about stats then why does donald count them?

08-31-2007, 06:27 AM
Because some stat minded fast mover convinced him that police work is about numbers and not quality of work. comstat has ruined this agency.

08-31-2007, 06:52 AM
And.... just in case your smooth brains have not figured it out.....DJ0194 carries that 3-digit original ID number because he was knocking heads and holding the line before most of you retards were born. I am sure he is going to retire in due course when the DROP runs out, but until he does I am sure nobody in your sorry ranks are man enough to knock him off the hill. He still does not need any help filling out his jock strap. Nuf said.HE IS A IDIOT.

Curios George
08-31-2007, 12:04 PM
Because some stat minded fast mover convinced him that police work is about numbers and not quality of work. comstat has ruined this agency.

That is about the most ridiculous statement that I have seen on this board!

08-31-2007, 02:31 PM
I am sure retnuh will like to hear that George....I figure you reserved that honor for his postings.

08-31-2007, 09:31 PM
Thanks for contributing to this forum retnuh. You just showed your true colors as one of the more senior deputies in the agency who believes that since you have put some time in, you are entitled to retire on duty until you make it to retirement.

The theory of of being payed for what you know and not necessarily what you do is a waste. It is true that there is nothing better than knowledge and experience, but if you are going to have all of that and sit on the sidelines, then you are doing your shift partners and your unit a dis-service. What would happen if all of the road deputies parked their cars at the sub and sat there until there was a call that they thought was worth going to? This county would be a disaster. I now understand why you are so persistant for change. You can't or don't want to work but you still want to collect a paycheck. Just because you want to be payed for what you know, don't put everyone else down because they want to work and in turn generate stats.

In conclusion, good luck with that getting rescued offshore thing. On one side of the week you had better be able to hold your breath while waiting for a response. On the opposite side of the week you will probably be saved in a timely manner.

Retnuh, I respect you as a fellow law enforcement officer, but since I now know why you think the way you do I will make sure to add a few grains of salt with everything you say.

Curios George
08-31-2007, 11:07 PM
Guest,

That was probably one of the best things I have read on this board!! Very nicely stated.

Although retnuh and his supporters (as few as they may be) will not understand your point or better yet, will choose to ignore it and blame it on something else.

Thank you!

09-01-2007, 01:07 AM
*sighh* with reesoning like that yoo will never be a grate detective.

whho i am is uninportant. as for my wurk my spervisors have only the highest praze. until you peeple take off the rose colorred glasses you simpley will never see much less exccept the truth of the state of the CCSO or be closed to finding out who i i am.

i never denyed being one of the more seniorr depties. you must be new hear. i wwould put my "stats" for the yearr up aginst anyones. some will have moore and many more will have less.
same goes for my carreer which has lasated a long time. sttats are fine but they are not the end all bee all. so mutch more gose into beint and making a true cop. any reel cop will tell youthat. any alledgedd cop who says differeent is no cooop at all. i see leeder ship and stupervision in marine as the beegist problmes their. the driftwood (<-- not my woord) could be made producutive but it taykes a leader to do itt.

i have sstated time and agin why i think we as an ag ency need a new shreriff and a new admin. and i say it again now. and i will say it again latre.

09-01-2007, 02:00 AM
Damnnnnn George...your a prophet!!

You called that one right :wink:

09-01-2007, 02:08 PM
george and retnuh sitting in a tree....k-i-s-s-i-n-g

:oops:

09-01-2007, 03:59 PM
eewwww thatss knot nice

Paparazzi LEO
09-01-2007, 07:10 PM
They say opposites attract :)

09-01-2007, 08:51 PM
Let me tell you *(arse) kissin wet behind the ears dumb *(arses) something. If it wasn't for those couple of pieces of drift wood as you refer to them, that unit would have ceased to exist to to the ignorant leadership of *(the Lt) trust me. When you children grow up and get a brain cell or two you mit want to thank those fine men for staying around and doing the job you couln't or wouldn't do. Never mind I'll do it for you,
THANK YOU, you are the two finest men I know. Screw the children who say otherwise due to thier ignorance.

*(Edited by Mod 167 for language content)

ReelsouthernLeo
09-01-2007, 09:53 PM
Retired from hell sounds like someone with a guilty conscience. Could this be one of the members of that bureau with some feelings of discontent.

Retired from hell: Let me again restate my earlier position on the fact that the senior members of that unit definitely deserved all of the respect and courtesy that goes along with spending that many years doing a job. No one has denied that the deputies who have been there from the beginning are the ones who have "held down the fort" for a long time. Unfortunatley, times are changing within the whole agency, and within the whole country for that matter. Therefore, law enforcement techniques must evolve to keep up with the times. We all must evolve to stay on top of the criminal element in order to be effective in this business. If we were to use the same tactics from 1985, I would have to believe that we would be allowing criminals to rule the community. This is not to say that the 1985 tactics are bad, it just means that not all of those tactics will produce results on todays playing field.

As for the whole debate on stats, I am pretty sure that no matter whether you have been here 2 years or 20 years, the emphasis on stats has been inflicted on all of us. As everyone knows it's not your supervisor or his supervisor, or even the chiefs or sheriff. It comes from their supervisors: The Board of County Commissioners and the Citizens of Collier County.None of us like to be held to producing stats but it is a fact of life in the information age. It is stats that assure you have money in your paycheck every two weeks, because the tax you, and I, and everyone other citizen in the county pays is what puts food on the table. I assume that everyone wants to make sure that they get their money's worth in service.

Bottom line: All we have to do is show up to work and do our jobs productively. The stats will take care of themselves if you have put in a good days work no matter where you are in the agency.

Whewwww.....My fingers hurt. Sorry I got long winded everyone!

09-01-2007, 11:02 PM
You ignorance is asstounding as to my identity as well as to the reason for " lower production levels". If you would take your lips off the sheriff's *(arse) for a minute maybe you would see the light. Poor supervision leads to poor productivity period. Bring some new dude in with a degree who knows how to spell but not how to police a county and you get what you got. *(Crap) flows down hill as they say and with a pile of it as sheriff what else would one expect at any level of supervision. Take your masters degree and go home to mommy because you sure as hell wasted her money on that piece of paper. Please never cofuse me with any member of any unit in that agency. Been there done that while you were suckling on mommy.

*(Edited by Mod 167 due to language content)

ReelsouthernLeo
09-02-2007, 02:55 PM
Retired from hell

If you don't work here anymore or never did work here, than don't waste our time with dumb comments from your cynical and bitter background.

Stay retired, and let it go. Move on with your life.

09-02-2007, 04:30 PM
reelsouthernleo

I have more time on the crapper in that agency then you will ever have doing police work. Made more quality arrests than you can only dream about. Put up with ignorance such as displayed by you and other currently there for, more years than I wish to recall. The only problem with that agency is its leadership, or lack thereof,and how it promotes back stabbing and harrasment of good long standing members who have done more to promote the agency through its rapid growth and ungodly attrition level.
Believe it when I say it it was prior to 1988 the best agency in this state. Now it is last on anyone with a brains list. Good luck wiith your future it appears you will need it. I am going to take a 10-08 now and do real police work in a far better place.

09-02-2007, 05:40 PM
my whut a colorfol exchange betweeen retred from hell and realsowternleo. cant we all jist get a long?

by the way reelsoutern the kwaint little latin prhrase you sine your posts with is nott accrate as it is mis speleled and not in proper form. if you aks nicelly i will tell how to make irt rite. :wink:

09-02-2007, 06:53 PM
Why does any legitamate member of this agencies front line members really care what is happening in the marine unit let alone would even read one of retneuh's responses. Is it just me or does anyone else just skip over his replies just because it is a chore to try to read them because of his deliberate mispellings and feable attempts to try to avoid his identity being discovered by childish attempts??? RETNUH get a clue!!! we are not reading your stuff mainly because it is more work to sift through your crap of an elusion than it is to actually take you seriously! I would read your replies with more sincerity if you would reply in a manner that WE deserve as YOUR fellow co-workers. Give us a break. and focus on REAL stuff instead of a marine unit that has LITTLE to NO impact on patrol. We know we have to have a marine unit and what happens there is of no concern to me because it has few members and DOES not affect me on patrol!!!! Those that are concerned need more to worry about or less free time.

09-02-2007, 07:05 PM
you haad a number of misspellinngs yourself gest. i said befour that what his happening in marine is just a smalller vrezion of what is hapeninng in teh rest of the agency. amung other things. patrrol is the bakbone of any cop place for shure. butt this bored is about more then patrol. i have also sayed beforue that i care a great deel for this agency. it was in good hands four meny years but it now neeeds a new sheriff and a new addmin and a new dierection. got to go now and beegin my holiday phun. :P

ReelsouthernLeo
09-03-2007, 03:32 AM
I changed the spelling of the quote on my signature for you retnuh.

As you know there are many ways that latin is spelled and interpreted and either way is correct. However, I am willing to change it for you so that you can't say no one within the agency ever did anything nice for you.

On another note, Retired from hell sounded pretty passionate about his crapper time. If it is true that he has more time on the throne than I have doing police work that would equate to something around 10 years. I wonder if he charged the taxpayers for all that time on the pooper. It is a shame though that through his bitter and cynical ways, he has found it in his heart to belittle everyone that works in this agency by implying that we are glorified security guards. Its a real shame that he is so quick berate the agency that made him who he is today. Thank god you have free will to move on to bigger and better agencies. I hope your bitterness doesn't bring down that agency also.

P.S. Retired from hell; In my previous postings I think I have shown nothing but respect for you and other senior members of the agency. No one has denied that you have earned that. I merely offered my opinion as to why stats are counted and why tactics have changed over the years. I have done nothing to downplay or discredit your good standing and service record. Therefore, I don't see a need to trample on this agency and the good people who serve it. I made no personal attack on you and have no intention to. I think that I might be in the majority in saying that if you can't contribute without an attack, maybe you should just stay in your agency's own chat room.
And in reference to your quality arrests. I find it funny that you say we shouldn't be worried about "stats" but instead real police work. Unfortunately, you just used your "stats" to imply that you are a better cop than I. Sounded to me like you are comparing "stats".

veteranrookie
09-04-2007, 02:15 PM
my whut a colorfol exchange betweeen retred from hell and realsowternleo. cant we all jist get a long?

by the way reelsoutern the kwaint little latin prhrase you sine your posts with is nott accrate as it is mis speleled and not in proper form. if you aks nicelly i will tell how to make irt rite. :wink:

I got one for you, retnuh:

Qui ignorabat, ignorabitur.

09-05-2007, 11:27 PM
lets all speek and wright in english. we want to educate the ignorrant and shede lite on the unnknown dont wee?

:lol:

Red Rocket
10-09-2007, 03:22 PM
He may be rough around the edges, but he covers his guys when the admin turns up the heat and you know where you stand with him. He doesn't back stab, he tells it right to your face. Old school...no b.s.

I'd go through a door with him any day.

10-10-2007, 08:39 PM
He may be rough around the edges, but he covers his guys when the admin turns up the heat and you know where you stand with him. He doesn't back stab, he tells it right to your face. Old school...no b.s.

Hey DJ0194, don't you know it is not nice to talk about yourself in the third person? :oops:

10-11-2007, 06:49 AM

Hey DJ0194, don't you know it is not nice to talk about yourself in the third person? :oops:
It has been decades since he has gone thru a door, other than a office
DOES HE STIL REMEMBER?

10-11-2007, 10:12 AM
There is always the bathroom door, and the door to restaurants.

10-16-2007, 06:11 PM
What a joke you guys are--Old 194 would be standing his ground and reloading while you pretenders would be running for your mamas....he has more guts than the lot of you bushwacking cowards put together...hiding behind computer screens disrespecting him like this...you should all be ashamed

10-16-2007, 06:56 PM
Judging by your screen name gives me the impression that you USE to work with him. That might have been the case back when he was a deputy or corporal but since he was promoted to LT you would not recognize the guy anymore.

That is not disrespecting him. That is only stating an observation of him. He is not alone. Many fall trap to the inflated egos when promoted. I guess it is natural for some and it brings out the aorst in others.

10-25-2007, 07:49 AM
Judging by your screen name gives me the impression that you USE to work with him. That might have been the case back when he was a deputy or corporal but since he was promoted to LT you would not recognize the guy anymore.

That is not disrespecting him. That is only stating an observation of him. He is not alone. Many fall trap to the inflated egos when promoted. I guess it is natural for some and it brings out the aorst in others.
If I remember he was promoted out of default, S.A. got fired and he was next on the list!